Print a barcode in a remote printer

We are developping an application with Visual C++ version 6 and MFC under windows 2000
And we need to print a page contening a barcode. We use a remote HP LaserJet printer 2300n, and I have seen that already exist some modules like a truetype or some dimm slot of Jetcaps mark. I would like to hnow if someone have already done this king of aplication, how did you done to success it
Moreover, I´m not yet an expert in VC++, and I´m looking for information about how to print to a remote printer
Thanks for your information

0
cers (1)
4/29/2004 10:16:04 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To print to a remote printer, I juse use CopyFile() and then the share name
of the printer instead of a filename.  That's how windows supports the drag
and drop onto a printer icon.  All windows does is just copies the file to
the printer.

KS

"Seb" <cers@caramail.com> wrote in message
> We are developping an application with Visual C++ version 6 and MFC under
windows 2000.
> And we need to print a page contening a barcode. We use a remote HP
LaserJet printer 2300n, and I have seen that already exist some modules like
a truetype or some dimm slot of Jetcaps mark. I would like to hnow if
someone have already done this king of aplication, how did you done to
success it ?
> Moreover, I�m not yet an expert in VC++, and I�m looking for information
about how to print to a remote printer.
> Thanks for your information.

0
ks2057 (125)
4/29/2004 2:33:11 PM
That's how I print barcodes, so I don't know why it wouldn't work for you

Just find a 3OF9 barcode on the internet (there's tons of free ones) and
create a RTF file, then CopyFile() the RTF document to the network printer.
Your OS will take care of creating the DC and sending the data to the
printer for you ...

If you don't know what RTF looks like, just create a RTF document, save it,
then open it with Notepad.  You can then use that as a template for creating
your own RTF document.

KS

"Seb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks KS
> But this solution, is not a sulotion for me, because I need to create a
document with some value with one which is a barcode (I�m studying the DC to
see how to realize it).
> I have 3 printers in the network, in firts, I have done an "enumPrinter"
to see which printers I have in  the network. and next I will just try to
print a document including a barcode under one of them (HP LJ 2300) to see
if it is possible without any other source.
> My doubt is if I realize a document with DC, I don�t if I will put echap
sequence to inform the printer that there is a barcode.

> Seb

0
ks2057 (125)
4/29/2004 4:47:23 PM
The easiest way to print bar codes from your own custom applications
is to use a bar code ActiveX control like the one at the following
You can also use bar code fonts however they produce very poor quality
bar codes and they are also somewhat difficult to use.
The TALtech bar code ActiveX control is the best one on the market.
You can download a demo version from the above URL and the demo comes
with sample C++ source code that shows how to use it with MS and
Borland C++

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:16:04 -0700, Seb <cers@caramail.com> wrote:

>We are developping an application with Visual C++ version 6 and MFC under windows 2000.
>And we need to print a page contening a barcode. We use a remote HP LaserJet printer 2300n, and I have seen that already exist some modules like a truetype or some dimm slot of Jetcaps mark. I would like to hnow if someone have already done this king of aplication, how did you done to success it ?
>Moreover, I�m not yet an expert in VC++, and I�m looking for information about how to print to a remote printer.
>Thanks for your information.

0
tom (44)

Printing #8
making a telephone directory: After making corrections the screen (monitor) looks great but when I go to print the document it picks up the old and new info. The old info does not appear on the screen monitor but it comes out on two different printers. How can I correct something that is not showing on the monitor? Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Alethea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e52d01c46b5b$95feb470$a401280a@phx.gbl... > making a telephone directory: After making correct...

Printing like Franklin planner
OK, I have been the eternal optiomist, buying all three versions of PlanPlus (from franklin planner) over the past few years. Always praying that they wil produce a decent software package. I am not trying to start a flame war here, but it is still missing what I consider to be crucial functionality. So I am ready to give up. BUT I like the basic print format of frankin, so, I am looking for anyone who might be able to help me figure out how to print (from outlook) a day on 2 pages, wiht the calendar and tasks on the left page, and the notes from the appts on the right hand page. Is there ...

Exch2k3 print listing of Public Folders
Is it possible to print a listing of Exchange 2003 public folders to a printer or the a text file, using ESM 2003 or via AD or via a windows tool or another utility? I have seen how to map a drive share in Exchange 2000 using IFS, as shown here-- http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6268-1048996-2.html ...yet I do not know if that can be readily done, since all I have is the database files within the MDBDATA folder. Thanks! ~Terry using ldp.exe, connect and bind to one of your GCs. Then click Browse, and change the filter to "(objectclass=publicFolder)" - without the quotes. Se...

How can I set different print areas in the same Excel sheet?
I know very little about Excel since until recently all of my work was in Microsoft Word. However, people now email Excel documents to me to print and I get more confused with each one. Is it possible to set three different-sized print areas in one sheet, each with a different percentage of size adjustment? There are times when many pages of a sheet will go from A-H and the last one or two will go from A-AS. When each sheet is set to fit on a legal size page, the A-H pages are as microscopic as the last ones. What, if anything, could I do to even out the appearance and readabilit...

How a company is saved and how it prints out
In Outlook eg The ABC Company saves and prints as ABC Company, The and I want it to save that way but to print as The ABC Company. I have 200 letters to send out first thing in the morning and really need help here I also need to know how to show that these contacts have received a letter - is it in activities or journal or what do I do with that. I'm a greenhorn at Outlook. I've used Access before but the company wants the database in Outlook. I'd really appreciate someone's help here Is the company name in the correct field? It seems you have it in the Name fie...

Printing mailing labels with multiple recipient name records associated with a single address
I have been browsing this, and other Access groups, as well as some of the Microsoft KB articles, and while I find posts decribing similar objectives to mine, can't seem to find anything that specifically shows me how to solve my problem. I have a property management database which contains many related tables, including a table "Units" and a table "Tenants". Tenant records have a corresponding foreign key for the UnitID relating them to the Units table. A tenant can only be associated with one Unit record, but a Unit may be associated with many Tenant records. I need ...

Print Credit Card Receipts
I use PC Charge credit card processing. I can not get a merchant copy with a place for the customer signature to print. PC Charge support said it has to be programmed through RMS. When I open the receipt templates I don't have a seperate option for the credit card receipts. What can I do? Thanks, Dianne In your Tender Types (SO Manager, Database, Tender Types), you need to select "Require Signature" for the tenders that should print the Sig Line. In Receipt Formats (SO Manager, Database, Registers, Receipt Formats), you need to set the "Show CC Slip" (That may n...

Dealing with a barcode scanner
I'm writing a small dialog app that, along with taking keyboard input the "regular" way, also takes input from a USB barcode scanner. The issue is, the barcode data appears as typed-in text (followed by a RETURN) in whatever app has the current focus. The scanner appears as a "HID Keyboard Device" in the Windows Keyboard section. The problem this presents in my app is that the user could be in any one of my text-entry controls when he decides to scan in an object, thus dumping the scanned text into any old text-entry control that happens to have the focus at the mome...

Event ID 61 when printing from Excel
I have a user on Excel 2000 who is trying to print multiple copies of a spreadsheet on a networked printer and gets frequent occurances of Event ID 61 with varying entries in the detail section. The printer queue looks normal, as if it is printing, at the PC level but nothing comes off the printer. Does anyone have any recommendations as to why this is occuring or what to do to fix it? Any information is appreciated! ...

How to print in a non-TT font?
Hello ppl... I hope you can help me with as you have helped me in the past, and for which help I'm really grateful. I'm using a specific monospace font in Excel which is not truetype or opentype but a .fon one. While I can use it on screen, Excel won't let me print with it. Any ideas how to solve this? Cheers Th No idea, but I just tried Courier (not Courier New) and xl let me print. Any chance there's a printer property that's causing the trouble? When you select a cell, then Format|cells|Font tab, and select that font, what kind of message do you get at the bottom...

Auto selecting print area problem
I have a spreadsheet that is used by many people. For the majority, the setting I have for scale to fit to page works fine. However, there are several users of this spreadsheet that the area selected for printing is different. For the few people that have a problem, the print out looks very small where it looks like a postage stamp and font too small to read. This problem is consistent with the people that have this issue. The spreadsheet does not have "Print Area" defined in the page set-up intentially so it should automatically select the area for printing since sheets ca...

Reciept printer
TM-T88iv Receipt printer not installing with RMS, how can i install the printer with out CD? The printer does not install automatically with RMS. You will have to go to Epson's web site and download the OPOS driver. After it's installed go into manager and put the device name in under register properties. If you get stuck let us know. Craig "Akbar Mian" <Akbar Mian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFB54432-2C43-4456-813D-D3FDB1783F7C@microsoft.com... > TM-T88iv Receipt printer not installing with RMS, how can i install the > printer with out...

Publisher won't print last page of my document
I publish a newsletter for my workplace. While printing the last 4 or 5 newsletters I find that I cannot print page 4 of my document (the last page.) I can print single pages, for example page 1 of 1, or page 2 of 2, but not page 4. In fact, if I include page 4 in the print (1 of 4), it won't print either. I have been emailing page 4 to another coworker who can print it just fine. On the same exact printer, mind you! Please help, very annoying. Thanks. What version Publisher are you using? What size is the stock? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jane...

OneNote 2007 Trial Printer Driver won't install
Hi, I'm trying to install OneNote 2007 Trial. I cannot seem to get the Send to OneNote printer driver to install. I've tried a lot of things, including the workaround where you add a generic printer. The port and processor don't show on the properties page for the generic printer. I've activated the trial. I'm using XP SP3 - 32 bit, with all updates installed. I already have Office 2007 Professional Academic Version installed, with all the updates installed. Thank you, Kevin144 Which printers do you already have installed, and what version of the .net...

Odd page printing
Is there anyway to print only the odd pages in Excel? Thank you. Hi Adam See http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:094EB827-D442-45AD-93E1-6618E43E5092@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to print only the odd pages in Excel? Thank you. ...

Print Salesperson ID(s) on SOP Short Invoice
Salesperson is not assigned in Customer Master. During SOP Transaction Entry, one or more Salesperson(s) are assigned in SOP Commission Entry window. Salesperson ID's are not assigned per Line Item. Is it possible to print the Salesperson ID(s) on the invoice header. Thanks, Toni Are you wanting to print the salespeople from the SOP10101 table (Sales Commission Work and History) to the Invoice? I see a problem being able to get that to print on the invoice using Report Writer because of the table relationships. Report Writer does not to my knowledge allow more than one branch of...

printing name tags...
Is there a way I can print out name tag inserts with many different names on paper usually used for business cards? I need to prepare cards but each one will have a different name.....I would like to use the name tag insert size 3x2 listed in the Print Artist program I have but I could use the smaller business card paper. Thank you for any help you can pass along.... B. Ferrell ...

Unable to create status directory when printing Statements
My client is trying to email AR statements just like she always does and now she is getting this error message "Unable to create status directory" and no emails are created. I tried rebooting but that has not helped. What could be causing this message? I have a client having this exact same problem. "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > My client is trying to email AR statements just like she always does and now > she is getting this error message "Unable to create status directory" and no > emails are created. I tried rebooting but that has not helped. What co...

how to print a master sheet together with another sheet
i need to print a master sheet with a result sheet it is in the same workbook but on a different sheet but i need to print them on one sheet ...

Printing Multiple Sale Price Labels
We currently put 50 or so different items on sale each week. Normally we print out special price tage for these items to reflect the sale price. This involves going into each item, changing the price to the sale price, printing the label, and then changing the price back. Is there an easier way? Lance, We offer a RMS Add-in called RITE Label that knows when you put an item on sale, and from it's list you can see all items you put on sale on a given date. You can then choose which items to print labels for and how many copies to print. Very convenient, and this is only a drop in...

MDA on General Posting Edit List
I included MDA info on GL Posting Edit List by establishing relationship between Allocation Amount Temporary table and Transaction Analysis Group, then set a few restriction in the report. It takes more than 10 minutes to print (>50,000 record in DTA10200). I doubt it is due to the table relationship and restriction used. Anyone can share his/her experience is much aprpeciated. TQ in advance. ...

How to print on odd and even number page wise Please clarify
Dear sir Please clarify the take Print in Excell sheet odd number and even page Regards M.Dhanasekar Please select Page Setup, Header/Footer, Different odd and even pages. M.Dhanasekar wrote: > Dear sir > > Please clarify the take Print in Excell sheet odd number and even page > > Regards > > M.Dhanasekar ...

Hardening Exchange 2003: remote Management for exchange
Hi NG, I want to hardening a new exchange 2003 standard server before i migrate the first user mailbox. Therefore I use the security configuration assistent to make a local policy (the recommended policies for front end and backend exchange do not fit our needs). Now I want to decide wether it=B4s useful to allow "ports, used by system RPC applications". In the explanation these ports are used for "remote exchange management" - I do not need this, because I do the management via RDP. So I want to disable these ports, but I am not sure. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Print individual consecutive pages to individual pdf files
Hi all I have a document where each page will become a facing page of a different document. I know I can copy/paste each page, but I would prefer to have a pdf of each page that I can then link into the second document. Then when I update the source document I can reprint the pdf and it will automatically get picked up when I open the secondary document. This means I would like to print each page to an individual pdf file without having to do each page individually. Has anyone got a script or some other way to print each page individually to its respective individual pdf file? thanks ...

Cannot Print in Money 2004 SB
I can't print! I got to FILE, PRINT SETUP, and neither Report & Chart or Invoice setup works allows me in. FILE, PRINT does nothing. I get no error, it just goes back to the menu. I've tried to print from various screens and from reports. Other programs print fine. Yesterday I was able to print both to my printer and to an adobe pdf. Today nothing. I reinstalled the Money software. Nothing changed. I had to do the import/export routine on all my accounts to get rid of an error from way back in 1999, and balancing has been frustrating. I'm down to the final few things, and I ...