post to web forms from within a program

Does anybody know of a way to post data collected from within my vc++ app to
a web from on my web site?  It's just a basic html form that saves the data
to a csv file.

I've been looking all over the web for articles on this and haven't found
anything.  I may just not be looking in the right place.

thanks in advance,
ed

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can WinInet to achieve it. MFC provides some relevant classes like
CHTTPFile (CInternetFile based) classes. Another alternative might be to use
IE/IWebBrowser2 object model to post the data.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"ed" <cteel04.notthis@hotmail.notthis.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know of a way to post data collected from within my vc++ app
> a web from on my web site?  It's just a basic html form that saves the
data
> to a csv file.
>
> I've been looking all over the web for articles on this and haven't found
> anything.  I may just not be looking in the right place.
>
> thanks in advance,
> ed

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

Whats the best web based store for integrating with RMS?
Hi, in the past monts I opened a topic about RMS integration with yahoo stores... and i found that fully integration is not a reality at this moment. What other web based stores can be integrated easily or fully or at least well integrated with RMS? (im planning to purchase the QH for RMS too) Thanks Hello Aldo! We have quite a few carts that will work with Microsoft RMS. Our Web Integrator: Professional is quite robust with its feature set, and affordably priced. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Professional.htm http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Web%20Integrator...

How to make autostart programs in USB stick memory
Hi. Some said, when USB memory stick putting on PC, it can start autostart programs, like Autorun.inf of CD-R. Does any know how to do it? Thanks, M.M. M.Miura wrote: > Some said, when USB memory stick putting on PC, it can start > autostart programs, like Autorun.inf of CD-R. Does any know > how to do it? Same way. Most systems these days have autorun disabled. ;-) (for good reason.) -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html M.Miura wrote: > Hi. > > Some ...

Magento Web Store experience?
Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share with the Magento Web Store and interfacing it to GP? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Forms in two differant views

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

Adding to existing code (Clarification of earlier post)
After rereading my earlier post, I find that I wasn't very clear. I'll try again. My existing code works to give me the sum of all Weeks Service where the Department Name is equal to the Current Department Name and I do want to keep that code. In addition to that code though, I need to add, I'm guessing, an "IF Statement" that will provide me with the sum of ALL Weeks Service of ALL Department Name IF the Current Department Name is equal to "Reserves". Example: Department Name Weeks Service Millwright ...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

NNTP/web-based access (still) horked
[Posting via clunky web-based access at ~12:15 PM PST/20:15 UTC, 10 Jan-10] Right now, web-based access to this newsgroup is not showing any new posts since 12:45 AM PST/08:45 UTC, 09 Jan-10...though AFAIK most posts since then are showing up via NNTP. This has been going on since March 2009, guys. Pull your finger out of it & get it fixed, OK? PS: Happy New Year, Little StevieS! Time to earn that raise, bucko. -- ~PA Bear... Ahh, if only this sort of thing could happen permanently to techarena, eggheadcafe, vistaheads, etc... "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABea...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

Can't get newsgroup messages posted by self
I have a weird issue with Windows Live Mail concerting synchronizing messages from newsgroups. If I post a message to the Microsoft private newsgroups (privatenews.microsoft.com), I don't see the post but I can see new posts by other users. If I use Outlook Express on Windows XP, I see my posts. I don't have problems with WLM synchronizing my hotmail e-mail. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this issue? "Teo Lachev" <TeoLachev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65458221-D220-47D9-95E3-A9B593424714@microsoft.com... > I have a weird issu...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

ActiveSync Web Administration
I want to install the ActiveSync Web Administration Tool into my Exchange site, but the documentation seems to be lacking. I know it needs to be installed on an Exchange server with IIS within the organization. However, I have some confusion, does it need to be on a front-end server, or can it be any server in the org? If it does need to be on a front end server, does it need to be installed on all of them? Anyone, anyone? Yes, install it on your front end server. "Lee" wrote: > I want to install the ActiveSync Web Administration Tool into my > Exchange site, but the do...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

Quickbooks Posting Errors
I have several batches that have said they were out of balance when I tried to post them into Quickbooks 2005. I have since found the error in one of the batches and changed the .iif file to fix the error. When I try to re-import the fixed file, it says "your data has been imported" but it actually hasn't. The data from the import file does not appear in any of the accounts it is supposed to. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a trick I am missing? ...

WDM Programming
What to start WDM Programming ? Thanks. hola hay alguien de habla ispana ? "Phoenix" <anton.mbox@telkom.net> wrote in message news:Od63HsSaIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > What to start WDM Programming ? > > Thanks. "jose gonzalez" <jose818@yahoo.com> wrote > hola hay alguien de habla ispana ? S�, sino no es la lengua de esta grupo. Hay muchas grupos en espa�ol a news.microsoft.com. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message news:eBxOaoTaIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx....

Hyperlink from intranet web page
I have created an intranet web page that displays GP data and information from tables that I created. I would like to know if there is a way to hyperlink the Return Doc ID from the web page and have that open the RMA Entry/Update window in GP and display all the info for that return? Glenn You cannot achieve this. In Business Portal, option of calling GP window exists through Back office which requires Terminal services and GP Login as well. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 13, 4:34=A0pm, Glenn_Lasowski <GlennLasow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an i...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

OWA using a new Web Site
I have recently Installed SBS 2000, by default OWA is operational from the default web site. I have created several new sites in IIS and created the necessary virtual directories to gain access to the exchange mail server. However when I try to go in via a web browser I get the folder/file listing view in IE rather than the templates. All of the settings between the default virtual folders and the domain I wish to use are the same and I am stumped. I can still access the template from the server by going to the address http://localhost/Exchange at the server Any assistance would be apprec...

Bill of Lading form
I am looking for a Bill of Lading form for Dynamics for shipments my company makes. Has anyone found a form that works with the system? I know that the German version of the program has one, beets me why the US version doesn't. A reasonably good BOL form can be created using Crystal or SRS. You will need to use some of the optional fields in Inventory to flag any items that may require special handling, if your firm has any such hazardous materials. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and che...

Problem with iif and datediff expression in form
Hi, I have a form where I have to display the value of the field based on some criteria. The first criteria is =IIf((DateDiff("d",[dbo_PWO_Status].[WorkOrderDate],Now())-180)>0,"Y","") and the second criteria to add is dbo_PWO_Status.[Quote] = -1 My first question is how do I accommodate the dbo_PWO_Status.[Quote] = -1 criteria in the iif statement? The second question I have is that with the first expression put in the source for display I am getting Name instead of the Y value for matching condition. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. You n...

Manufacturing MO Receipt posting
When we do MO Receipts in Dynamics GP, v10, the message about printing the inventory and general ledger posting journals pop open, and we have to cancel each time. Where can I change the setting so this window doesnt appear? We do not want to print anything. Other modules have that setting in the posting setup. We have all inventory posting reports turned off, and do not get this window when doing inventory transactions. Is there another place for the manufacturing posting reports? Thanks! -- Doug To Clarify, it is only the Backflush labor part of the MO receipt entry that the...