Portable app and mfc42u.dll

I am writing an application that is to run from a USB. It links
dynamically with mfc42u.dll and I cant be sure it will be available on
every system. So, I plan on including a copy of mfc42u.dll in the same
directory as the app. Is this the way to proceed? Will this cause any
conflict, problem, or whatever dll-hellish situation?

0
the44secs (141)
2/21/2007 5:57:06 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think this is ok. The dll is special and not on every system, so you
should release a copy of it in the app directory. That's what I do with dlls
to be used, too.
Regards

"Alexander" <the44secs@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I am writing an application that is to run from a USB. It links
> dynamically with mfc42u.dll and I cant be sure it will be available on
> every system. So, I plan on including a copy of mfc42u.dll in the same
> directory as the app. Is this the way to proceed? Will this cause any
> conflict, problem, or whatever dll-hellish situation?

0
guidof73 (128)
2/21/2007 10:02:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. It is appreciated.

On Feb 21, 7:02 pm, "Guido Franzke" <guido...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I think this is ok. The dll is special and not on every system, so you
> should release a copy of it in the app directory. That's what I do with dlls
> to be used, too.
> Regards
>
> "Alexander" <the44s...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:1172037426.105456.154320@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...
>

> > I am writing an application that is to run from a USB. It links
> > dynamically with mfc42u.dll and I cant be sure it will be available on
> > every system. So, I plan on including a copy of mfc42u.dll in the same
> > directory as the app. Is this the way to proceed? Will this cause any
> > conflict, problem, or whatever dll-hellish situation?- Hide quoted text -

the44secs (141)

Quest: Console app Build tool return val to VS output window...
I have a console app the I built that I run in another project post-build. Now I want the VC++ build process of the build app to think there is a build error and stop running the post-build cmds so what return value can I exit the console app with that will stop build like the VC++ standard complier and linker command line program can stop for standard build errors... Any help... Any value other than zero will cause the build process to stop... HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ > Any value other than zero will cause the build process to stop... Thanks t...

Outlook 2003 & msvcr71.dll crash
Hello all, Recently I've been getting crashes from MIcrosoft Outlook 2003 when I close it down. Outlook works fine when it's open, it runs properly, but the moment I goto shut it down, I get an error asking me to submit the data to microsoft.. When I click the link to see the conents of the error/crash I get the following: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp: 408f2937 ModName: msvcr71.dll ModVer: 7.10.3052.4 ModStamp: 3e561eac fDebug: 0 Offset: 000017fb I have not installed any software around the time that this crash started happening. In fact my syste...

I have a COM DLL,but no header(.h) or class library(.lib) file, how can I use it in my VC project?
thanks #import "path+filename.dll" --------------------------------------------------- Automate your software builds with Visual Build Pro http://www.kinook.com "Tommy" <wangcg@china.com> wrote in message news:Or31a5JrDHA.1880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > thanks > > thanks for your message, but how can I access the method without the .h or ..lib file? "Kyle Alons" <reply@to.newsgroup> д���ʼ� news:%23$0podKrDHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > #import "path+filename.dll" > > -----------------------------------------------...

Problem with resources in MFC extension DLL
Hi, I have an MFC extension dll and in the destructor of one of the classes it exports I'm trying to access a string declared in its String Table, but I can't. It keeps loading an empty string. I'm guessing it's because the resources are unloaded before calling the destructor. Am I right? Thanks Mikel You have not explained what you are attempting to do. It seems that you are saying that the destructor is being called *from the main program* at some (undefined) point in time. Or is it being called from within the DLL itself? Also, it is not clear that the destructor, w...

Outlook and "Bad Image" error (msimtf.dll)
I have a user in the office, with Windows XP Home (SP2) and Office 2002 (SP3). She's starting to get this message: "OUTLOOK.EXE - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS \System32\msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." every time she starts up Outlook, sometimes two or three of them in a row she has to OK. They'll also pop up now and then while using Outlook. This only started happening a couple of days ago, and she hasn't installed or uninstalled any software lately, and nothing else unusual has happened wit...

Question on MDI Apps #2
I am creating an MDI app that will have a variety of dialog boxes that will be displayed from clicking on Menu items. ex. Customers, Vendors, Inventory etc. I want to have the ability to have a single copy of each of these open at the same time. ex. both the customer and inventory dialog box open at the same time in the app. I also want to have them both listed in the Window menu. Should I use a Modeless Dialog Box or should I use a FormView? If you say a FormView, I know how to display a dialog box from a menu click but how do you display a formview based on a menu click? Also if you say...

Unable to load vpmsece.dll
Error msg received when starting Outlook 2000: Unable to load vpmsece.dll Path: c:\Program Files\NAVNT\vpmsece.dll OS: Windows 2000 Professional - all Service Releases and updates installed (OEM - so I don't have original installation disk) Running MS-Outlook Help/"Detect and Repair" does not fix. Does not appear to impact application operation. Mainly an aggravation I'd like to eliminate. Any assistance to repair this problem would be appreciated. ...

error: PROP RES Dll not loaded
What to do? Thanx Supply some information to work with? Sounds like a faulty add-in to me though. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "krisa" <krisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3071370-C032-49F1-94A0-1F72A973BFFC@microsoft.com... > What to do? Thanx krisa wrote: > What to do? Thanx...

dll hell: how to troubleshoot self-registration failure
I have a classic example of self-registering dlls for a 3rd party control (Crystal Reports 9 btw) that seem to install properly on every other machine out there but one XP SP1 machine. Of course this is an end users machine and there's only so much I can put them through over the phone to try to troubleshoot this. I think I read and followed the CR9 documentation fairly well etc. so I think I included all the files and supporting files the control claims to need and the fact that every other machine it works with fine. The only other theory I have is that something is missing or ...

Broken Reference to Added dll Trashing Access 2007
I (foolishly) installed a copy of an add-in program called Redemption to my Access front end; I have routinely copied the master copy of the front end accdb database daily so all of the other networked computers have the same front end, but did not install this program there. Then I decided I didn't need it and de-activated now. Now I get, on all of these computers, a message immediately that there is this missing or broken reference. How do I permanently install Access that I don't want this reference; in fact, I'd like to remove it from the single computer it was...

CDO.DLL
Hello: I've been reading up on BlackBerry Enterprise Server and I have two questions: 1) Why does MS release so many patches for CDO.DLL? I've noticed this for all versions of Exchange. What uses it that is so important that there is a patch just for that one file? 2) Would it be ok if I used a CDO.DLL version with a higher number than suggested by BB? I'm assuming the later versions are backwards compatible. This is to support wireless calendar synchronization. Thank you. -- Sincerely, Martin "MartinHTN" <m@ht.n> wrote in message news:OxZRbGelEHA.361...

mscrm integration with third party apps
Hi, wondering if anyone knows if mscrm can integrate with Goldmine?, what can it integrate with besides outlook? thanks xse... MSCRM is intended to be a replacement for a tool like Goldmine, they serve the same purpose. "XseSiV" <xsesiv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ddcb1a47.0501312242.711fa88f@posting.google.com... > Hi, > wondering if anyone knows if mscrm can integrate with Goldmine?, > what can it integrate with besides outlook? > > thanks > xse... ...

Re: Windows DLL Load Hijacking Exploits
"By Tuesday, at least four exploits of what some call "binary planting" attacks, others dub "DLL load hijacking" attacks, had been published to a well-known hacker site. Two of the exploits targeted Microsoft-made software, including PowerPoint 2010, the presentation maker in Office 2010, and Windows Live Mail, a free e-mail client bundled with Vista but available as a free download for Windows 7 customers." <http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS2168761020100825?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r4:c0.067109:b36892454:z0> Nancy Jackman DSH, Window...

Using custom control from dll's
Hi eveybody: My goal is to create some CPropertyPage objects and doc/view template within a DLL. The property pages will use the custom control which is contained in a diferent dll. The view (a formview) will use the CPropertyPages objects and that doc/view template will be used from a MFC application just as another doc/view template would be. I've got a custom control created by me which works correctly if I use it within a MFC application. I want to insert this control in a dll to share it with other applications. First question: Which kind of DLL (extension or regular) should I use...

Where do we get the file mfc70.dll?
Hello, Where do we get the file mfc70.dll? I've looked on the Microsoft web site and can not find it. Are we suppose to be able to get this file, or is there some reason this file can't be distributed? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Eugene W. Olson gene_olson@hotmail.com "EWOlson" <EWOlson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2404693-878D-4706-ABF9-EE6FA521AF65@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Where do we get the file mfc70.dll? I've looked on the Microsoft web site > and can not find it. Are we suppose to be abl...

Same piece code
I use LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress, then FreeLibrary to call a DLL to get a string back. I took out all the error handlers. typedef void (WINAPI * MYPROC)(LPSTR , LPSTR ); MYPROC MyTestProc; char strTestIn[] = "abc"; char strTestOut[200]; memset(strTestOut, ' ', sizeof(strTestOut)); HINSTANCE hLib; hLib = LoadLibrary( TEXT("tests.dll" ) ); if ( hLib != NULL ) { MyTestProc = ( MYPROC ) GetProcAddress( hLib, "TESTPROC"); if ( NULL != Proc_ExtConn ) { MyTestProc (strTestIn, strTestOut); } FreeLibrary( (HMODULE) hLib ); } The code works fine...

Can't find msnp 32.dll file
WHEN I LOG ON I GET A DIALOG BOX STATING "UNABLE TO LOAD THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY "MSNP 32.DLL" THE SYSTEM CAN'T FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED. SOME OR ALL OF THE FOWLING FEATURES IS NOT AVAILABLE. MICROSOFT NETWORK ...

My Apps Died
I installed camera software from Trendnet that did not work so after an hour on the phoine with their tech support i uninstalled it from my Vista PC. Now many of my VB6 apps crash on startup. Question has two parts. (1) i opend the IDE to find that one of the apps loaded fine but crashed on a line using FSO. So I looked at the References and found that the Microsoft Scripting Runtime was checked but down below there was no path or file. I believe that means that the file is gone, probably removed by the Trendnet uninstall. Thanks a lot TrendNet. So, where do I get this file ...

MessageBox in a Hello-world app should not show ???
Hello, experts, I use VS 2005 to create a Win32 Application. The code is as follows: // CODE BEGIN $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ #include <windows.h> #ifdef _UNICODE #if defined _M_IX86 #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"") #elif defined _M_IA64 #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.C...

Single document type with multiple extensions in SDI app
Hello all, I have been working in VC++ and MFC in an SDI application. I need to be able to open a file type that has more than one extension, lets say *.htm and *.html files. But I want to be able to have three different file masks in the "Save As type" dropdown list, one for *.htm files, one for *.html and finally *.*. Till now, I have used pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate() and AddDocTemplate() in CmyApp::InitInstance() to add support for *.htm files only. How can I add one more file extension in the file Open/SaveAs dialogs? I tried modifying the file extension fie...

Who is using my app?
I have a split application for which I want to make a change to the shared tables. To do this, I need exclusive access to the app. I came in this Saturday morning at 5:00 am to ensure I would have exclusive access, but no, I was blocked from going into design mode. I presume that one or more users left the app running over the weekend. Is there any way I can find out who might have done this? Some kind of retribution is in order. I have Admin privileges and I know the Account id of all app users. Nobody except myself uses a password. You can determine the name of each computer with ...

msncon.dll
I am unable to start my outlook for many weeks now. I have read a lot on the MS site and think that after doing a search and finding that the msncon.dll is missing is the reason that I am unable to open Outlook. Could anyone tell me where I could go to get this downloaded? I have searched and cant seem to find it anywhere. (I have already tried to re-load outlook ... this didnt change anything.) Thanks for your time. LaquitaJoy #508919 LaquitaJoy #508919 <MS_Beta_508919@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am unable to start my outlook for many weeks now. > I have read a lot on the MS ...

App.config and disk I/O
Hello, I have a custom exception class that contains a mail handler class and when an error happens I get an email. In my mail handler class I pull values from the app.config. Example: private void LoadConfiguationSettings() { this.MailTo =3D ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["EmailTo"]; this.MailFrom =3D ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["EmailFrom"]; this.SMTPServer =3D ConfigurationManager.AppSettings ["SMTPServer"]; } My question is, does .net need to do a disk I/O to pull these values every time I instantiate thes...

Might you need to debug apps you maintain on Windows 95 using VS2005?
If you would, you might like to add a vote to this bug report on the remote debugger for VS2005: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=91ddde7d-6fa5-4549-8083-8408051d4863 Thanks Dave >If you would, you might like to add a vote to this bug report on the >remote debugger for VS2005: > >http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=91ddde7d-6fa5-4549-8083-8408051d4863 Thanks to the couple of people who voted - it would indeed appear that MS's assumption that hardly anyone wants to be able to debug their softwar...

Exiting an app
I want to create an MFC app that will just update a database and then exit. In my NewDocument() method of my doc class I update the database and where should I call the exit and what should the call be? Check out PostQuitMessage(). "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eFk3PHLSEHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want to create an MFC app that will just update a database and then exit. > In my NewDocument() method of my doc class I update the database and where > should I call the exit and what should the call be? > > You don't ev...