Please Help! COleDateTime in VC++ 6.0

I am using VC++ 6.0 in Win 2000
When I try to use the COleDateTime function in the app
StringTmp = COleDateTime(vExpirationDate).Format(_T("%d.%m.%y %H:%M:%S"));
I get the error msg on some computers
the msg is

"Debug Assertion Failed!
File: afxwin1.in
Line:2

Why this function doesn't work on some computer

thank you
Pol

0
pola (7)
5/4/2004 6:31:05 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Pola,

Thanks for your post. I reviewed your description carefully, and I think
more information is needed before moving forward:

What's the value for vExpirationDate?

Did you build your program with _UNICODE? What are the computers which do
not work, Windows 9x or Windows XP/2000/2003?

To narrow down the problem, I suggest you to split your code into two line
to check which one will cause the problem:

COleDateTime time(vExpirationDate);
StringTmp = time.Format(_T("%d.%m.%y %H:%M:%S"));

I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

HuangTM
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE/MCSD

Get Secure! -- www.microsoft.com/security

timhuang (89)
5/4/2004 8:20:32 AM
How you will explain this
1.The exe appl runs succesfully on the computer/directory that includes
mfc42d.dll from 6/17/1998 ver 6.0.8168.0
2.The appl sends error msg on the computer/directory that include
mfc42d.dll from 10/27/1999 ver 6.0.8665.

I get error msg on COleDateTime Time=COleDateTime(vExpirationDate)
and on Time.GetYear(), or when I am using
StringTmp.Format("%d.%s", Time.GetDay(), (LPCTSTR)Time.Format("%m.%y %H:%M:%S"))

What should I do

thank you
Pol

0
pola (7)
5/4/2004 12:21:05 PM
what visual studio service pack you have ? Current is 6 perhaps you can
install that on the machine which has this problem ?

"Pola" <pola@negevision.com> wrote in message
> How you will explain this:
> 1.The exe appl runs succesfully on the computer/directory that includes
> mfc42d.dll from 6/17/1998 ver 6.0.8168.0
> 2.The appl sends error msg on the computer/directory that includes
> mfc42d.dll from 10/27/1999 ver 6.0.8665.0
>
> I get error msg on COleDateTime Time=COleDateTime(vExpirationDate);
> and on Time.GetYear(), or when I am using
> StringTmp.Format("%d.%s", Time.GetDay(), (LPCTSTR)Time.Format("%m.%y
%H:%M:%S"));

> What should I do ?
>
> thank you,
> Pola

0
neelagain (74)
5/4/2004 11:30:52 PM
What is line 22 of afxwin1.inl?

> I am using VC++ 6.0 in Win 2000.
> When I try to use the COleDateTime function in the appl
> StringTmp = COleDateTime(vExpirationDate).Format(_T("%d.%m.%y
%H:%M:%S"));,
> I get the error msg on some computers,
> the msg is:
>
> "Debug Assertion Failed!"
> File: afxwin1.inl
> Line:22
>
> Why this function doesn't work on some computer?
>
> thank you,
> Pola

Thank you
I installed SP5 and it works ok

0
pola (7)

HELP PLEASE with Outlook Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. It is slowing me down very much. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith Is it only on reading messages or elsewhere also? "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:JOWdnej4T-nnY7jUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen s...

eConnect 10.0 and BizTalk 2006R2
I successfully installed BizTalk 2006R2 on W2K3SP2 and downloaded eConnect 10.0 from Customersource (the download is dated 10/17/07 I believe). However despite the documentation stating that there was an adapter for Biztalk, I did not see any option to install the BizTalk adapter when I installed the SDK. Does eConnect 10.0 even recognize BizTalk 2006 R2? ...

help needed for closing modeless dialog
hello, I have a dialog based application. Inthe OnInitDialog() of this dialog i am poping up a modeless dialog.Now i am placing a menu in the parent dialog.what i want is that when i close the modeless dialog by clicking the red cross button on right hand corner then only i should be able to pop up modeless dialog from the menu.Do i need to handle the WM_CLOSE;if yes how? It could also be sufficient is closing makes dialog invisible and then menu option makes it visible...... thanks in advance When the X is clicked, a WM_SYSCOMMAND message is sent with the ID SC_CLOSE indicated....

need help simplying my formula..
for cell D25: =IF(A25=0,0,IF(RIGHT(B25,4)="Road","Road",IF(RIGHT(B25,6)="Bridge","Road",IF(RIGHT(B25,7)="Highway","Road")))) this means that, B25 could be "Bay bridge", "County Road", "Blue Highway", etc etc and the result for D25 would be "Road" is there a simpler way of writing this formula? 2nd question: for cell B5 IF(A1=0,0,IF(C2=4,IF(A1=5,5,IF(A1=6,6),A1))) can i write this any simpler? tia One way for the first part: =IF(A25=0,0,IF(OR(RIGHT(B25,4)="Road",RIGHT(B25,6)=&qu...

Help with XslCompiledTransform
I am using XslCompiledTransform to transform XML into Excel 2003 SpreadsheetML. In order to get the resulting XML file to open in Excel, we need the following two lines at the top of the file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?> I can get the <?mso-application ...> line by using an <xsl:processing-instruction> element, but for the life of me I can't get XslCompiledTransform to include the basic <?xml...> line. When creating the XmlWriterSettings for use in the transform, I have not altered the OmitXmlDeclarati...

Help mfcdll not working in vb
I am trying to write one MFC dll. I have created one test function declared like this in the cpp of dll _declspec(dllexport)void test() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); AfxMessageBox("Hello"); } the problem is that this dll works fine when i use it in vc project but in VB it gives the following error Can't find dll entry point test in test.dll However when i declare this function in test.def it starts working in VB but gives an error in VC. I am not able to find out the reason for this behaviour. I will be thankful for any help on this. Sumit Marwal ...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted
I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem. The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message always appears. Any one have any ideas? Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted Sean For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that...

Match() - Offset()
Often I see mention of Offset(), Match(), & Index() XL functions. Could someone big-picture these functions for me? I have not used these functions yet in data lookup or evaluation. Shame on me. That said, The concept of "Index" I understand from db work. "Match" seems vaguely logical to me for "lookup" work. "Offset" means nothing to me yet. Reading the XL help or reference books do not give me typical uses and why's of the functions. My focus is the accounting/financial world. Using XP Pro & XL XP Pro SP1. Dennis This file b...

Please help! Outlook not working at all!
Hi! I have been working with Outlook for years - it was always a great feature - but now it is critical since I have an Ipaq that I need to sync to it. Outlook somehow is no longer working/on my computer. I have tried repeatedly to reinstall - to "fix" - anything with NO luck. I get an icon to click on for Outlook and then it goes directly to personal folders (nothing actually happens). Every other component of Office 2000 is working perfectly. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I am desperado!!!! Have you run "Detect and Repair" from under help in Outl...

IDebuggerEvents in a VC Addin
Hi, I'm writing little add-in for VC6 and have found that the BreakpointHit event of IDebuggerEvents isn't getting fired. All other events appear to be getting fired OK. Does anyone know how to get this to work? Thanks in advance.... - Tim ...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...

Help with counting formula
Sheet 1, Row 1, Column 2 - opening hours divide into 15min segments. B1 - 08:00, C2 - 08:15, D2 - 08:30, and so on. Sheet 2 , Columns 1 and 2 - a list of each agents break times. Column A - Start time (eg 10:00) and Column B - End time (eg 10:30). Sheet 1, Row 2, Column 1 - summary titles. (eg Cell A2 - "Morning Break"). Problem: I need to summarise the number of agents away on, say, "Morning Break" per 15 min segment. So, B2 must count the number of people on "Morning Break" at 08:00, B3..the number of people of people on morning break at 08:15, a...

How to konw which version of VC pack installed?
I want to find out whether one PC that ship with VC have install a visual studio sevice pack , and if yes , then which version the package is. After s serrch in the registry, i found such a key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks whose value indicate the version of package. What i want to ask is if above method apply to all window's platform ? My platfor is Win2k professional. Thanks! youhua wang Take a look at the following KB article INFO: How to Determine If Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3, 4, or 5 Is Installed http://suppo...

foutmelding O.E 6
Krijg in O.E 6 bij (tijdens) het ophalen van mail de volgende fout melding. Account: ? (? = mapnaam, krijg de fout bij alle 3) Gebruikersnaam: ? (? = emailadres) Protocol: HTTPMail Poort:0 Beveiligd(SSL):0 CODE:80004005 Als ik bij MS op de site ga zoeken onder 80004005 krijg ik niet de info die ik zoek, weet er iemand wat te doen ?????? Je hebt je account niet geconfigureerd. Vraag je ISP om je account en configuratiegegevens. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Ser...

Help in turning off underlining and blue font
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic underlining and blue font of the text when entering a email address in a cell? Thanks, Bob Tools / Autocorrect options / Autoformat Tab / Replace Network paths with hyperlinks - Deselect it -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

Why are checks printing incorrect amounts? Please help.
When I print a Payables check batch, several invoices within the batch are printing incorrectly as $0.00 amount, even though it should be paying off a certain amount. The problem seems to be with invoices that are applied to credit memos. Say I have an invoice for $500 and I apply a credit memo of $80 to the invoice, when I go back to pay the invoice, it should pay $420, but instead it shows $0.00 under amount paid column of check stub. Does anyone know why this is occuring? By the way, I am using MICR check printing. ...

help with unusual request
Hello everyone, My boss has hit me with an odd request and I would like to ask for someone to point me in the right direction. What he wants is everytime anyone sends or recieves an email that a copy is made that he can get to anytime he wants. I talked to him about our daily backups, but he wants something that's realtime and that he can get to whenever he wants. I'm stuck and looking for ideas. We're currently on Exchange 5.5 with all of the latest service packs and patches. Any and all help is very much appreciated. You can enable "message journaling" fea...

Help designing a checklist in access
Hello All My company currently uses excel checklists to ensure that projects are completed fully. we have around 10 different checklists. each checklist (excel file) has 6 sheets, each sheet 15 questions or steps. most answers are Y,N,NA and the employees put their initials in the correct answer column. Many questions are redundant throughout the 10 checklists. I would like to create the checklists in access because their are too many excel files getting lost and if we change question/ step. we have to change it multiple times. the employees need to enter a clients name and then choose the c...

Timesheet Pseudo Tied Mode
I'm hoping that I might have a colleague out there who could help me offline figure out how to install this open source utility (unsupported by Microsoft but apparently works OK for some of their clients) that streamlines the Timesheet process (automatically synchronizes the data into My Tasks whenever a timesheet is saved). I'm not sure where to start and may need someone to bounce questions off of - especially if you've been successful with it. Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Anovak, We installed it (still using the version 1.3 based on event handler) and we're usi...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

Urgent Question Please Help: Credit Card Setup Problem
We have an urgent question regarding credit card setup/cash receipts/bank rec We understand that in Great Plains when setting up a Credit Card to be used by a Customer, it must be setup as a "Bank Card", not a "Charge Card", in order for the transaction to hit Bank Rec. However, we mistakenly setup all the Credit Cards as "Charge Cards", therefore after posting Credit Card Cash Receipt transactions in Receivables, the transaction does not appear in Bank Rec for us to perform Bank Deposits. Please Please Help!!! Is there any way to "fix" those pos...

FRx 6.7 vs 32-bit Windows 7
I'm getting the following error when trying to generate a report but only on the Windows 7 32-bit system. Running SQL Server 2005 on another server, Dynamics GP 9 client is installed on this machine. Component Error FRx is unable to process this output request for the following reason: C:\Windows\system32\msxml.dll could not be found. Generating a DrillDown Viewer or XML output file requires the following: -Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later -MSXML 4.0 SP1 or later It may be necessary to install (or reinstall) the component or components listed above. ** any suggestions or re...