Picture control with icon type

Hi,
I would like to add a picture control with a type of icon to a dialog
My problem is that I need an icon with a large size (96x96).
And although I defined a new size of an icon, the dialog doesn't recongnize
it, and it gives me an empty icon.
If I make the picture with a size of 32x32, it displayed OK.
Is there any limitation of the icon size attached to a picture resource ?

Yoav.

0
yoav (105)
3/7/2006 7:32:38 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I would like to add a picture control with a type of icon to a dialog
>My problem is that I need an icon with a large size (96x96).
>And although I defined a new size of an icon, the dialog doesn't recongnize
>it, and it gives me an empty icon.
>If I make the picture with a size of 32x32, it displayed OK.
>Is there any limitation of the icon size attached to a picture resource ?

You'll need to write a couple of lines of code to load the icon using
LoadImage (so you can specify the image size you want) and assign that
to the control.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
3/7/2006 10:11:19 AM
If this is not working, you can do it dynamically, using
CStatic::SetBitmap. A picture control is really a CStatic. Following
link will be useful:

http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/g-m/bitmap/article.php/c1733/

------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

How do I find the location of the font control in Win XP
Hi All, I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them? Thanks, Don Don, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows Fonts. Try... microsoft.public.word.printingfonts -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work...

How can I create a sunken icon in the status bar??
Hi, I creates the indicator, but everytime i tried to create the icon, the sunken shape is missing. How can I create the sunken shape??? My code is: In CMainFrame::OnCreate: m_wndStatusBar.SetPaneInfo(5,ID_ICON,SBPS_NORMAL,30); And then, In update event, I enter the icon (the icon can be changed.) m_StatusIcon.Create(&m_wndStatusBar, ID_ICON, WS_VISIBLE | SS_ICON | SS_CENTERIMAGE); HICON icon = (HICON)::LoadImage(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_SECURED), IMAGE_ICON, 16, 16, LR_SHARED); m_StatusIcon.SetIcon(icon); (I use the classes that was in the codeguru) ...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

>> Calendar Control drag to select range
Hi, using MS Access 2003, is it possible to allow a user to drag to select a range of dates and, if 'yes', how do you store the selected date range? Many thanks, Jonathan Not that I know of. Storing a range of dates is quite simple though. You store the start date and the end date and use a calculation to show all the dates between. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F22299F-3765-40D2-AA03-67FB42FFC07A@microsoft.com... > ...

Clear Formatting Icon
I have a client who has a template with Arial 20 pt regular as the default font, with all the master text in Arial. When she clicks the clear formatting icon, the text changes to Helvetica, Grey, 36pt, bold. She checked the master slides to see if it was picking up Helvetica from any of the place holders there, but that's not the casse. Does anyone know where the Helvetica might be coming from? She's using PowerPoint 2007. Thanks! Might be coming from the default shape or textbox. If you create a new manual textbox, what font is used? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http:...

OnEvent Click and Tab Controls
Good Day All.. I have an issue that I had posted previously but it did not get resolved. It may partially be my fault for not explaining my need/question correctly. I have a form. The form contains a subform. & a tab control. The subform has 3 fields listed for the user: ShipTo, BillTo & Account Name The tab control has 3 tabs. The first tab is where I am struggling right now. I want the user to select ('click') on the "account" in the subform (data sheet) at the top. Once they click the "account" the fields on the tab control will then fill wit...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup. Any help would be most apprciated. Look in the macros on the example workbook. Learning wrote: > I am running Offic...

Cview and Tree control
I have an MDI application which renders opengl scenes in a document. The CView class continously calls opengl library and paints the scene. Here is a screenshot: http://limefocus.net/screenshot.jpg I would like to add a tree control inside the document to manupilate the image generated in the CView. Is it possible to embed a tree control in a CDocument? Thanks. Jess You are mixing the paradigms here. A document does not care how its data is represented. Question you shoud ask is if you can put a tree control in your view. The answer is : absolutely. You can use a splitter to put a t...

Pictures in Charts
I am using pictures as fill in my Excel charts. The problem I am having is that after I "Select" the picture in in the Fill Effects - Picture tab, the other options are not available. Ex: Format - Stretch and especially the Apply to - Sides - Front - End. I want the picture to be one continuous image and right now it is replicated on the sides Without sending me code - obviously, I am not at that skill level - can anyone tell me how to fix my problem Thanks in advance Also if someone would answer Jen regarding the spot color in Excel - I would be really interested in that mysel...

Control Button
Hello I need some help with a form. What I am trying to do is, to place a button on a form in MS Access so that when you click on it, in another field it will display a number one. If you click on the same button again it will change the one to a two and so on. Wes Private Sub YourCommandButton_Click() YourTextBox = YourTextBox + 1 End Sub -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 "Wes Derhak" <derhak.wg@shaw.ca&...

Thumbnails vs. preview for "Insert Picture."
I am using publisher 2000. I work with thousands of photos. I would like the "thumbnail" option when I choose to "insert picture," but this option is not available. This option seems to be available to me in other programs, but is absent in Microsoft Publisher 2000. Have I overlooked some setup option or does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to upgrade? My only current options are: Preview; Details, icons, list. Fran In Publisher 2000 when you select insert picture from file it does show a single preview. You can drag and drop or copy/paste from your photo folde...

data type woes
I use an xsd and the xsd Object Generator tool from codeProject to generate a serializable "report" class in my web service. One particular element in the xsd, from which a public property is created by the tool, is of the decimal data type. The public property is correctly defined as of the decimal type in the generated class. I want to instantiate the report object in the web service consumer. I can only: dim theReport as new webService.report when I include myReport as report as an argument for a public method in the web service, ie Public Function doSomething(my Repor...

unknown file type #2
oops, that didn't work out right. Again, bear with me here ... I'll catch on. I think I may have needed to include this ... I use Outlook Express 6. Sorry, I'm new to the computer. Thanks, S. Baker ...

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

Insert list of figures does not work for Pictures
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can generate a list of all of my inserted objects by caption: Figure, Example, Table, Song, Chart. But when I try to generate a list of the pictures I have inserted (caption reads Picture ...), I get the following message: Error! No table of figures entries found. It's as if the macro that reads the caption list doesn't have Picture in its internal dictionary. I do have the Picture captions in a text box that is formatted as "tight" to allow text-wraparound; could that be causing the problem? If so h...

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

Problem in permanent type add-in toolbar
Hi, I have been facing a issue with dealing with my add-in toolbar. I want to make my toolbar permanent so that use can hide and reposition it permanently(even after restarting Outlook). At the same time, I want to support my add-in toolbar for all opened Outlook explorer. I want to make sure that at any point of time there must be one and only one toolbar on any Outlook window. I have tried below methods but none worked: 1. Tried deleting toolbar on shutdown. This doesn't delete the toolbar and each restarting outlook adds new toolbar. Private Sub AddinInstance_OnBegi...

Printer Control
I have a printer control on my form and when I use it, it prints to the default printer. I would like for it to bring up the screen to allow me to select which printer to use, like when you use the file/print way. thanks Blair Private Sub Command310_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command310_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection DoCmd.GoToControl "CloseFemaleCards" Exit_Command310_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command310_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command310_Click End Sub This will call the print...

ActiveX control being added to outgoing e-mail?
I have a user running Outlook 2003 via Exchange 2000. All outgoing messages sent by his system apparently have an ActiveX control in them. Any messages I try to open on another machine give the alert "Your current Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls..." Could this mean the user has a virus? Something else? Any help is appreciated, and a direct reply to me is appreciated as well. Thanks, John M John discovered this was due to bad signature or stationary files in Outlook. I had the same problem with a user and tested this theory. There was indeed some c...

Sure this is simple (date type prob)
Hi all, I have a cell with a date in it representing hours worked. eg 34:58 34 hours and 58 minutes. I need to multiply it by an hourly wage, e 4.52 and get the amount earned. Unfortuantely I do not know how to d this. Can anyone help? -- Cheers -- SO ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com where i5 is 34:58 and j4 is 4.50 = $157.35 =I5*24*$J$4 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "SOL-ion" <SOL-ion.x9rbb@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Business Type Code Vs Industry
Hello, Can someone explain the difference between Business Type Code & Industry? What is the role or purpose of Business Type code. If anyone knows of any resources that could explain the intended purpose of this and some of the other fields on the account object such as Classification, and Category that would be great. Hi, It totally depends upon your business requirments. If you think some field is not required then just remove it or modify it to suit your requirments. There are many attributes of Account which are not even shown on Account Form by default but they are there in ...

Type mismatch in 2007 but not in 2003 version
I have the following code in a vba code attached to a form: Dim rst As Recordset Dim dbs As Database Dim whatif As String Set dbs = CurrentDb whatif = "select * from PersonalDNC where HomePhone = '" & ThisPhone & "'" Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(whatif) When I run this 2003 mdb in access 2007 this works. When I convert this to a 2007 database and then run it, I get a "Type Mismatch" error. would I need to put [ ] around HomePhone. PersonalDNC is a linked table that points to a 2003 mdb. Would I need to conve...

Problem with multiline tab control #2
Hi, I have a problem with a tab control that I just can't seem to figure out. I have a tab control that made multi-line capable with m_ctrlTab.ModifyStyle(TCS_MULTILINE,TCS_MULTILINE); but, ever since I made the change I can't seem to display whichever tab I want upon application startup. It used to be a regular single-line tab (with 5 tabs) but I'm running out of space which is why I need a multiline solution. I have 6 tabs right now, three in one row. My code looks like this: ------------------------------- snip ------------------------------- BOOL Cxxxx:OnInitDialog() { ...

Can't finish typing message
When I am typing a message in Outlook, Outlook Express, and even in the message box for this newsgroup, the input indicator simply disappears, and I have to move it back to the end of the line to finish typing. I have a new notebook with XP Home Edition / Office 2003, and this is only now happening with this new machine and software. Any help on this will be much appreciated. I have had to reset the indicator to the end of line 6 times while typing this message (oops 7 times now). Thanks, John ...

Upper Control Limits
I have a line chart that shows 12 months of data and a trend line. I computed the Upper & Lower Control Limits using the Standard Deviation. Is there a way to put these lines on my charts so that when my boss looks at it she can tell if one or more of the points are out of control? Thanks In Advance Wm. William: This link will show you how to build a control chart in Excel. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm ....Kelly koday@processtrends.com "williamr" <williamr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64B0E55A-F4F1-4FE9-9566-C9BCCF2...