PCH playing hell with project copy

Hi,

Due, for some strange reason, for Visual Studio commiting swift suicide and
replacing my .vcproj file with a blank, I have now got the less than
envyable task of transfering approximately 200 files into a new project
(including resources etc).

I created a new project, copied them over, unfortunately the PCH is now
playing hell.

The following command line is used:

/Od /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FD /EHsc
/MDd /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fp"Debug\EclipseEvolution.pch" /Fo"Debug\\"
/Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Wp64 /ZI /TP /errorReport:prompt

Firstly, when clearing a project, the compiler complains that the
precompiled header has not been created. /Yu is in there, but at the start
of a project the PCH is not being made at all, to get it to be made I must
first switch off PCH, then select to just make it, then select to use it,
every single time.

When that works I am then presented with:

mfcs80d.lib(stdafx.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int
__cdecl _AfxInitManaged(void)" (?_AfxInitManaged@@YAHXZ)

My linker line is as follows:

/OUT:"C:\Documents and
Settings\Mark\Desktop\EclipseEvolution\Debug\EclipseEvolution.exe"
/INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /MANIFEST
/MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\EclipseEvolution.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG
/PDB:"c:\Documents and
Settings\Mark\Desktop\EclipseEvolution\debug\EclipseEvolution.pdb"
/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT aw.lib ws2_32.lib
psapi.lib winmm.lib gdiplus.lib ole32.lib rpcrt4.lib

Could anyone suggest a fix to this irritation? I am keen not to have to copy
the files again.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

0
markyr3911 (90)
8/19/2006 4:10:16 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hell over, devil forced to eat Hades mini-nuke.

Turns out that actually the project settings are completely ignored.. but
this isnt:

<File
     RelativePath=".\stdafx.cpp"

     <FileConfiguration
      Name="Debug|Win32"

      <Tool
       Name="VCCLCompilerTool"
       UsePrecompiledHeader="1"
      />
     </FileConfiguration>
     <FileConfiguration
      Name="Release|Win32"

      <Tool
       Name="VCCLCompilerTool"
       UsePrecompiledHeader="1"
      />
     </FileConfiguration>
    </File>

Without such, renders the whole PCH utterly useless, and somehow, in my
copying, this tag had been anihalated. 1 dummy project and a whole lot of
XML searching later, the project now works.

--

"Mark Randall" <markyr@gEEEEEmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Due, for some strange reason, for Visual Studio commiting swift suicide
> and replacing my .vcproj file with a blank,

0
markyr3911 (90)
8/19/2006 4:43:06 AM
If you add files manually, you have to go in an change the precompiled header property
indcating that stdafx.cpp is the generator of the precompiled header; otherwise it won't
generate properly.

In the solution window (the one with all the files), select stdafx.cpp, right click,
select properties, and select Precompiled Headers.  The first property line should be
selected as "Create precompiled headers" rather than "Use precompiled headers" which is
the default.

I've had to do this a couple times when clients managed to accidentally deleted their
..dsw/.dsp files.
				joe

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 05:10:16 +0100, "Mark Randall" <markyr@gEEEEEmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Due, for some strange reason, for Visual Studio commiting swift suicide and
>replacing my .vcproj file with a blank, I have now got the less than
>envyable task of transfering approximately 200 files into a new project
>(including resources etc).
>
>I created a new project, copied them over, unfortunately the PCH is now
>playing hell.
>
>The following command line is used:
>
>/Od /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FD /EHsc
>/MDd /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fp"Debug\EclipseEvolution.pch" /Fo"Debug\\"
>/Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Wp64 /ZI /TP /errorReport:prompt
>
>Firstly, when clearing a project, the compiler complains that the
>precompiled header has not been created. /Yu is in there, but at the start
>of a project the PCH is not being made at all, to get it to be made I must
>first switch off PCH, then select to just make it, then select to use it,
>every single time.
>
>When that works I am then presented with:
>
>mfcs80d.lib(stdafx.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int
>__cdecl _AfxInitManaged(void)" (?_AfxInitManaged@@YAHXZ)
>
>My linker line is as follows:
>
>/OUT:"C:\Documents and
>Settings\Mark\Desktop\EclipseEvolution\Debug\EclipseEvolution.exe"
>/INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /MANIFEST
>/MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\EclipseEvolution.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG
>/PDB:"c:\Documents and
>Settings\Mark\Desktop\EclipseEvolution\debug\EclipseEvolution.pdb"
>/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT aw.lib ws2_32.lib
>psapi.lib winmm.lib gdiplus.lib ole32.lib rpcrt4.lib
>
>Could anyone suggest a fix to this irritation? I am keen not to have to copy
>the files again.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
8/19/2006 6:32:46 AM
Aren't you using any source control? If you don't, install at least
SourceSafe. While it's rudimentary, it works. You won't lose your files.

"Mark Randall" <markyr@gEEEEEmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Due, for some strange reason, for Visual Studio commiting swift suicide
> and replacing my .vcproj file with a blank, I have now got the less than
> envyable task of transfering approximately 200 files into a new project
> (including resources etc).
>
> I created a new project, copied them over, unfortunately the PCH is now
> playing hell.
>
> The following command line is used:
>
> /Od /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FD /EHsc
> /MDd /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fp"Debug\EclipseEvolution.pch" /Fo"Debug\\"
> /Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Wp64 /ZI /TP /errorReport:prompt
>
> Firstly, when clearing a project, the compiler complains that the
> precompiled header has not been created. /Yu is in there, but at the start
> of a project the PCH is not being made at all, to get it to be made I must
> first switch off PCH, then select to just make it, then select to use it,
> every single time.
>
> When that works I am then presented with:
>
> mfcs80d.lib(stdafx.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int
> __cdecl _AfxInitManaged(void)" (?_AfxInitManaged@@YAHXZ)
>
> My linker line is as follows:
>
> /OUT:"C:\Documents and
> Settings\Mark\Desktop\EclipseEvolution\Debug\EclipseEvolution.exe"
> /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /MANIFEST
> /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\EclipseEvolution.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG
> /PDB:"c:\Documents and
> Settings\Mark\Desktop\EclipseEvolution\debug\EclipseEvolution.pdb"
> /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT aw.lib ws2_32.lib
> psapi.lib winmm.lib gdiplus.lib ole32.lib rpcrt4.lib
>
> Could anyone suggest a fix to this irritation? I am keen not to have to
> copy the files again.
>
> --
> - Mark Randall
> http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk
> http://www.awportals.com

0
alegr (1131)
8/19/2006 3:44:33 PM
"Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote in

> Aren't you using any source control? If you don't, install at least
> SourceSafe. While it's rudimentary, it works. You won't lose your
> files.

Or Perforce. It's free for 2 users, requires a license for more users. We
switched from SS several years ago - couldn't be happier! And it does
(mostly) integrate with VS. (I use it for my personal stuff at home - saved
me a number of times when I had a brain fart!)

Dave Connet
Entelos, Inc.
0
connet1 (33)

Integrating GP with Microsoft Project Server
Hello, we have a prospect who is really interested in integrating GP 10 with their Microsoft Project Server 2007. They want to manage the projects in Project Server, and get project P&L information reporting out of GP, but only do time entry one time. We're looking at Business Portal Project Time Entry for the entry point, but can't find any information or experience in integrating the entries into Project Server. Does anyone have any ideas? -- BrianB I have no experience with these but searched the internet by using the keywords "GP Project interface". Here ...

Generic Volume Shadow Copy Driver Problem
In the last couple of days whenever a SBS backup is started using Shadow backup or a shadow backup is scheduled it fails as it is unable to load the driver. The found new hardware wizard runs and it states that the driver is unsigned and you should not install it. Of course as I am not present to click "Continue" the operation times out and fails. Hello, Thanks for your post. Could you please provide with more information such as the exact error message or VSS related Event log when the NTbackup fails? Meanwhile, according to my experience, you may try to rename t...

Copy paste error
paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can i solve this issue Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Compressed Ink for Tablet PC and Windows XP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/19098f32-1011-4131-9e55-48e1700cf5a9/compressed-ink-for-tablet.aspx ganeson r, Have you tried first inserting a table in your word document then pasting the excel file into the table? hth "ganeson r" wrote: > paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can ...

Possible to copy sheets into another (closed!) workbook?
Hi there Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook which is closed. The files are so big that I can't open them both at the same time. Thank you very much! Manuel Do it in batches. Open bigfile1 and copy the sheets to a new workbook. Close bigfile1 and open bigfile2. Copy the sheets from newbook to bigfile2. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 17 Feb 2005 16:25:39 -0800, "Grotifant" <mschlabbers@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there > >Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook >which is closed. The files are so b...

outlook run 2 copies
can I install and run to copies of outlook for 2 diffrent users and could they have both of them open at the same time Nope, you can only have one profile opened at a time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869a01c3e90d$ab38aa10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > can I install and run to copies of o...

Visual basic for application project in database is corrupt
I'm running Office 2003 on Windows XP. I have a database that does not open, and gives me a message stating that Microsoft Access has detected corruption in this file. The message goes on to suggest that I run Compact and Repair Database from the Tools menu. When I do, I get the error message above. Is there any way of recovering this database? Thank you for your response. I actually tried both ways, linking and inporting, but I'm unable to gain access to the corrupted database. The only thing I have been able to do is access it through MSQuery in Excel, but that only gets me to ...

Reassigning tasks to resources not already part of project plan
I am creating projects and assigning the majority of the tasks to team leaders, who are then reassigning to various resources on their teams. Although these resources are members of the team and can assign the tasks to themselves, they don't appear on the drop-down menu for the Reassign Work feature, I"m assuming because I don't have them assigned specifically to a task. Is there a way around this, other than creating a dummy task with ALL the potential resources on it? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01CAAF4B.B2486F6...

how do i copy an entire workbook and paste it in another
The way to ask your question would have been in the subject line Copy Workbook In the body of the message, ask your question. Perhaps an answer is File>saveas>>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "BELINDA" <BELINDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF918BEB-A237-4F63-BE3D-C6605E40256D@microsoft.com... > ...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

Unable to copy images in emails
I can no longer copy animated images embedded in forwarded emails. When I right click "save picture as" I receive an error message that says "file type not specified for system." What to do? ...

Project settings for final release
Could I get some advice on exactly which setting I should change for my Release build in Project Settings? Up until now, I have enabled browsing and debugging, but at this final stage, I would like to strip out everything possible. What should Optimizations be set to? Should I set Debug Info to none? What else should I consider? Typically, when you create a new project the settingsf or debug and release are created automatically and I've found the defaults to be pretty good. I usually just add the non-debug versions of any libraries I've added. Typcially Optimization is dis...

What is the quickest way to copy a table to an array?
Hi everyone, I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain text. What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a 2D array? Stephenc stephenc wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns > and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain > text. > > What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a > 2D array? > > Stephenc I would do this in th...

How to copy files from 1 server to another
I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (with sub-folders) from 1 server to another overnight as a backup. (WS2008 to WS2003 - utility runs on WS2003 machine) However if a file is locked the whole copy is terminated. Are there utilities on the servers and/or comercial products that will do this even when a file is locked for use. -- Regards Tom "ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:7A680B16-555C-4F1B-8BD4-F5EDA979F12F@microsoft.com... > I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (wit...

New copy
Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the web.. We need to reinstall it. Where is the location from which we can redownload the file without charge? In microsoft.public.money, Magnus wrote: >Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the >web.. > >We need to reinstall it. >Where is the location from which we can redownload the >file without charge? Try http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp EXACTLY the reason for everybody reading not to make this mistake. Go to the store and buy a CD like the rest of us. Imagine trying...

I Still don't know how to save a copy of my emails in the server
I still cannot solve this problem, please tell me the exact steps of how to enable or leaving a copy of my E-mails on the server. Also, please make sure that we talking about Microsoft Outlook 2007. Thank you. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > alei307 <alei307@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my > > yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on > > my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? > > In your account properties, enable the option to le...

Hided values appears when I'm copying/pasting it to other worksheet
So, in one worksheet I have some data and there is some colums hided. When I selecting all that data and pasting to other worksheet, al these hided colums or rows values appears and I have to hide it again. Is there possibility to copy/paste in such way, that these hided value don't appear again? Thanks in advance Best Regards, Aivara -- Aivaras_Bakana ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aivaras_Bakanas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Auto play 06-15-10
How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. Thank you "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:6677560C-DD38-49D6-BCE3-78AF2D210BA2@microsoft.com... > How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when > I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. > Thank you Auto Play set up is a control panel item under 'Hardware and Sound'. I think 'ask me' produces the menu. Tom ...

Do you guys talk about MS Project?
I think that I am having a problem with compatibility between MS Project 2002 and 2003. Whenever I sent an item in '02 to '03, when the '03 user opens it....some pf the dates have changed. How do I solve this? Try this group: microsoft.public.project ...

Formatting lost when copied by formula!
Hi, I'm having a problem retaining format in a target cell where a formul "copies" the contents from another cell. Here's an example tha describes the problem in detail: Say I have the following text in cell A1: "Some text." Say, also, tha the word "text" is bolded. In cell B2 I have a formula, =A1, tha "copies" the content of cell A1. I can see the content of cell A1 i B2, but without the bold (or any other formatting, including backgroun color, etc.). My question, of course, is how do I retain the original formatting? Thank you -- Message ...

Copying Info Into Numerous Cells
I have just completed creating and entering data into thousands of worksheets. Now someone has decided they want to change and add columns to my worksheets. Is there any way to have data copied from 1 cell to another in several worksheets at a time, even if the data is different? If there isn't...I'm going to have a melt-down right here at work! :eek: -- calimari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Project server 2007 Task updates issue
I have Single server installation of Project server 2007. I have the following issue. Looking forward for your help All users updates their tasks using Outlook 2007 plug in. 1. User receives task 1,updates progress 30%, and submit updates. (Task1 has been overdue) 2. The Project manager who receive task updates sees the update of progress 30% and also sees an indication that the task is overdue. 3. Project manager deletes task1 as this task is no longer needed. 4. User starts outlook 2007 and sync tasks with server. 4. The user who receives task updates does not see an ...

Copy and Paste into different application
I am trying to copy data from an Excel spreadsheet into an accountin application. The problem is that after the last cell of the row is pasted, I need return to be entered. The program will accept the enter key, o pressing the ctrl-E keys. Is there anyway of "embedding" this into the last cell in a row??? Thanks so much for your help. Lee-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Retaining Copies of Emails
I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the original is not kept in the "sent folder? "=?Utf-8?B?UmV0YWluaW5nIEVtYWlscw==?=" <Retaining Emails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9695EAC5-7F69-4AF6-889F-B56A27C435EB@microsoft.com: > I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails > that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the > original is not kept in the "sent folder? One way would be to turn off keep...

Copying number to clipboard, subtracting 398 then pasting the value to overwrite the original
Hi. I am very new to this. I'd be really grateful if someone could help/guide me. I want to create a macro in Microsoft Word but I don't know visual basic. I want to be able to highlight a number then: - copy it to the clipboard - subtract 298 - paste the value to the Word document, overwriting the original text Hi John, There is no need to involve the clipboard if you are only changing the selected number. The following macro subtracts 298 from the selected number. Sub Subtract298() If IsNumeric(Selection.Text) Then Selection.Text = Val(Selecti...

viewing printing report project tells me to adjust margins and sca
I'm just posting this solution since it took me soooo long to figure it out. When you get an error when printing or viewing a repot that tells you to adjust your margins and scaling because the page is too small in project 2007, just ensure that your page size and orientation is all the same across the board (in your print setup, in your printer's finishing page, et cetera) and that your page size is big enough (e.g. moving from letter to legal to make more room). My page size and orientation was mis-matched, and once I corrected it, I could view/print the reports. :) ...