Pass command line file name parameter

Hi,

I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input
filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename
in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp.

There're compiling errors:
MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier

Why?

If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public
variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp?

Thanks,

ybc

0
ybc (16)
7/31/2006 2:29:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The other problem is, when I set the input file name in
Project->Settings->Program arguments and run, there's error:

"Debug Assertion Failed!
Program:Myapp.exe
File:array_s.cpp
Line:153"

When press "Retry" button, it point to code "ASSERT(nNewMax>=m_nMaxSize);"
in array_s.cpp

What's the problem?

Thanks,

ybc

0
ybc (16)
7/31/2006 3:48:01 AM
You only need to have the sFilename in Myapp. Your doc and view can access
it using "theapp"- or AfxGetApp(). If you want to open the file through the
doc, just call OpenDocument in your initinstance of Myapp (from your
template).

"ybc" <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The
> input
> filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable
> sFilename
> in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp.
>
> There're compiling errors:
> MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
> MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
>
> Why?
>
> If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public
> variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ybc

0
drpazz (112)
7/31/2006 8:15:57 AM
I don't suppose it occurred to you to include the lines of code that generated these
errors?  What, exactly, are we supposed to deduce from two error messages?

Note, by the way, that there is no sane way a document or view should ever be accessing a
filename or any other variable of your CWinApp class.  This suggests there are very
serious flaws in your program structure if you think this is going to make sense.

Repeat this mantra "Object oriented programming is done in C++.  C++ is not C".  Don't
carry bad programming habits from C into C++.  Take this as a good heuristic: if you need
to access a member of your CWinApp class from outside your CWinApp class, you've made a
design error.  This will be correct so often that the exceptions will become obvious.
					joe

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:29:02 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input
>filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename
>in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp.
>
>There're compiling errors:
>MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
>MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
>
>Why?
>
>If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public
>variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp?
>
>Thanks,
>
>ybc
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
7/31/2006 8:22:50 PM
This means you have gone beyond the end of an array.  Look for why you are trying to
access a nonexistent array index.
					joe

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:48:01 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The other problem is, when I set the input file name in
>Project->Settings->Program arguments and run, there's error:
>
>"Debug Assertion Failed!
>Program:Myapp.exe
>File:array_s.cpp
>Line:153"
>
>When press "Retry" button, it point to code "ASSERT(nNewMax>=m_nMaxSize);"
>in array_s.cpp
>
>What's the problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>ybc

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
7/31/2006 8:23:48 PM
Hi Joe,
You’re right. I’m trying to convert an existing Unix C program to a Windows
program for our client. They want the program opens the input file name
passed as parameter in command line, format and display and print the labels.
I try two ways of doing that – a console application to format and display
and print the file; and a document/view framework to do the job.
I’m not good with VC++, so helps are needed from everyone.
Thanks again,
ybc

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> I don't suppose it occurred to you to include the lines of code that generated these
> errors?  What, exactly, are we supposed to deduce from two error messages?
>
> Note, by the way, that there is no sane way a document or view should ever be accessing a
> filename or any other variable of your CWinApp class.  This suggests there are very
> serious flaws in your program structure if you think this is going to make sense.
>
> Repeat this mantra "Object oriented programming is done in C++.  C++ is not C".  Don't
> carry bad programming habits from C into C++.  Take this as a good heuristic: if you need
> to access a member of your CWinApp class from outside your CWinApp class, you've made a
> design error.  This will be correct so often that the exceptions will become obvious.
> 					joe
>
> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:29:02 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input
> >filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename
> >in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp.
> >
> >There're compiling errors:
> >MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
> >MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
> >
> >Why?
> >
> >If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public
> >variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >ybc
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

ybc (16)
7/31/2006 10:50:01 PM
Hi Joe,
The following is my replay for your previous replay.
The following is my code:
        CPrintDialog prtDlg(false, PD_ALLPAGES);
        HDC hdc = prtDlg.CreatePrinterDC();
	CDC dc;
	dc.Attach (hdc);
	LPDOCINFO docInfo;
	int rtn = dc.StartDoc(docInfo);
There's an error:
    Program:myapp.exe
    File:afxwin1.inl
Debug points to line in afxwin1.inl:
     _AFXWIN_INLINE int CDC::StartDoc(LPDOCINFO lpDocInfo)
	{ ASSERT(m_hDC != NULL); return ::StartDoc(m_hDC, lpDocInfo); }
I wonder docInfo which points to aDOCINFO structure should initialize
lpszDocName. I'm not print document from a file, but the formated data
stored in CStringArray. What can I do?
Do I need to access CPrintInfo Class Members while printing and how?
Thanks,
ybc

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> You can directly invoke the Print Dialog using the flags to return the printer DC for the
> default printer (no UI pops up); this is one of the most expedient ways of getting the
> printer DC.  Just give it a parent window handle of NULL.  After that, it's just
> programming.  Use a console app, enable MFC in it if you want to use CString (for VS.NET,
> I've not looked into what is involved to get just the CString components; maybe someone
> can post an answer that avoids bringing the whole MFC runtime in...)
> 					joe
>
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:02:01 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I try to create a non-user interface program which gets file name from
> >command line, open and format the document, and print the labels. What
> >application framework can be used? How process print with MFC? Detailed
> >information is appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >ybc
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

ybc (16)
7/31/2006 10:52:01 PM
But that doesn't require that the document or view get the file name.  For example, if a
filename appears on the command line, you would do an OpenDocument in the CWinApp class,
passing in that name.  Then the document class has a copy of the filename, which is what
it would provide.  No need to access the original command line at all.

It sounds more like a dialog-based app would be better for this, in which case you can
access the __ARGC and __ARGV global structures and set the filename in the dialog class
before you call the DoModal in the app class.   Note that you don't need a view unless you
want the user to see all the labels as they would be printed.  When I took an old console
app I'd done to support one of our mailing lists and converted it to Windows, I did it as
a dialog-based app and retained nearly all of the original code.  However, I didn't use a
filename on the command line, I just had an "open" button that opened the file.  In my
case, it was complicated by the fact that we had a special label printer and I had to then
open LPT and send the actual control bytes out to the printer to format the labels
properly.

(I tried to find my address-label-printing program, but it has apparently been lost in
some upgrade of hardware)
				joe

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Joe,
>You�re right. I�m trying to convert an existing Unix C program to a Windows
>program for our client. They want the program opens the input file name
>passed as parameter in command line, format and display and print the labels.
>I try two ways of doing that � a console application to format and display
>and print the file; and a document/view framework to do the job.
>I�m not good with VC++, so helps are needed from everyone.
>Thanks again,
>ybc
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> I don't suppose it occurred to you to include the lines of code that generated these
>> errors?  What, exactly, are we supposed to deduce from two error messages?
>>
>> Note, by the way, that there is no sane way a document or view should ever be accessing a
>> filename or any other variable of your CWinApp class.  This suggests there are very
>> serious flaws in your program structure if you think this is going to make sense.
>>
>> Repeat this mantra "Object oriented programming is done in C++.  C++ is not C".  Don't
>> carry bad programming habits from C into C++.  Take this as a good heuristic: if you need
>> to access a member of your CWinApp class from outside your CWinApp class, you've made a
>> design error.  This will be correct so often that the exceptions will become obvious.
>> 					joe
>>
>> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:29:02 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input
>> >filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename
>> >in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp.
>> >
>> >There're compiling errors:
>> >MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
>> >MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier
>> >
>> >Why?
>> >
>> >If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public
>> >variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >ybc
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
8/1/2006 2:05:02 PM
You didn't verify that the hdc is non-NULL.  This is not surprising, since you did not
actually invoke the DoModal method, so there is no reason for it to have actually created
a DC.  You need to carefully read the description under CPrintDialog::GetPrinterDC, which
clearly shows DoModal being invoked.

Note that you also need to specify the PD_RETURNDC and PD_RETURNDEFAULT flags; read the
description of the PRINTDLG structure.
					joe

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:52:01 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Joe,
>The following is my replay for your previous replay.
>The following is my code:
>        CPrintDialog prtDlg(false, PD_ALLPAGES);
>        HDC hdc = prtDlg.CreatePrinterDC();
>	CDC dc;
>	dc.Attach (hdc);
>	LPDOCINFO docInfo;
>	int rtn = dc.StartDoc(docInfo);
>There's an error:
>    Program:myapp.exe
>    File:afxwin1.inl
>Debug points to line in afxwin1.inl:
>     _AFXWIN_INLINE int CDC::StartDoc(LPDOCINFO lpDocInfo)
>	{ ASSERT(m_hDC != NULL); return ::StartDoc(m_hDC, lpDocInfo); }
>I wonder docInfo which points to aDOCINFO structure should initialize
>lpszDocName. I'm not print document from a file, but the formated data
>stored in CStringArray. What can I do?
>Do I need to access CPrintInfo Class Members while printing and how?
>Thanks,
>ybc
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> You can directly invoke the Print Dialog using the flags to return the printer DC for the
>> default printer (no UI pops up); this is one of the most expedient ways of getting the
>> printer DC.  Just give it a parent window handle of NULL.  After that, it's just
>> programming.  Use a console app, enable MFC in it if you want to use CString (for VS.NET,
>> I've not looked into what is involved to get just the CString components; maybe someone
>> can post an answer that avoids bringing the whole MFC runtime in...)
>> 					joe
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:02:01 -0700, ybc <ybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I try to create a non-user interface program which gets file name from
>> >command line, open and format the document, and print the labels. What
>> >application framework can be used? How process print with MFC? Detailed
>> >information is appreciated.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >ybc
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

OT: managing file fragmentation on external USB backup drive (SBS2003)
Just wondering how others are managing file fragmentation on their external USB backup drives (SBS 2003)? I have two WD 500GB drives that i rotate weekly (each backup is around 55GB currently) but periodically the server will "freeze" during a backup (fans on, but no response at all) and requires a hard reboot to get going again. The first time it did it, i had no idea what caused it, but on subsequent occurrences I narrowed it down to the external hard drive itself - after the reboot, simply trying to access the drive via Windows Explorer on the server caused the se...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

run Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line
This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? (like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) In a command line I am not sure. Try posting at microsoft.public.publisher.programming Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. > >How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? >(like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) >. > ...

copy rows to another file
Dear Experts I have following code,i need to copy desirde rows to new file (r.xls) on sheet 1. This code is able to copy desired rows from active sheet to sheet2(same file) based on values in column G. Would you please guide me? regards Sub Marine() Dim arrParts() As String Dim MyRange As Range, CopyRange As Range Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("G1:G" & LastRow) response = InputBox("Enter rows to copy in the format nnn,nnn,nn") arrParts = Split(response, ",") For Each ...

Appending XML to an existing XML file
Hey all, I've read a few articles about speed and XML processing - so I just want to make sure that I'm using the right strategy for what I want to achieve. I have an XML file that I'm appending to every time a user submits their information. Right now I'm using XMLDocument (Load and Save) in conjuncture with XmlElement objects. Is this the right approach or is there a faster approach? Thanks, Novice PS Here is a simplified version of what I'm doing: XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument(); xdoc.Load("results.xml"); XmlNode node = xdoc.SelectSingleNode("...

How do I export .dba calendar files from a Palm Treo to Outlook?
Chapura won't do it. Something about a problem with calendar files. ...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

time line in chart
Hi How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. timeline Thanks Jon I know this is too elementary, but go from here: You have a scatter chart from A1:B6 (X A1:A6; Y B1:B6) 10 3 11 4 12 5 13 6 14 7 15 8 A 2nd source series is A8:B9 (X A8:A9; Y B8:B9) 13 0 13 6 giving you the a vertical line at X=13. "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi >How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. >timeline >Thanks >Jon ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.prone...

How to get the handle of a Help file belonging to other process.
Hi all, In my application,I want to change the Index of a HTMLHELP file which belongs to a dialog running in other exe.In order to do this I need to find whether the Help file is open or not & get the handle of that to use HH_DISPLAY_INDEX .Is there any way to do this?? Note: I dont want to use FindWindow() as it is giving rise to some problems in my application.. Thanks in advance ...

Reference to undeclared parameter entity

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

Can't open files
Hello -- I'm sure this isn't the proper place to post my problem, but thought I'd start here anyways. Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely computer-stupid, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, and yahoo email. For some reason, I'm unable to open attachments that have been sent to me, and saved to my computer. PLEASE HLP!! These are important documents that I really need to access. Thanks for your help -- It's not very informative to say you are not able to open attachments. What happens when you try? Is ther...

Spam in subject line
I am using WIN2K and running microsoft outlook 2003 and some are running OE6. We are on a network running dsl on a Linksys router and are NOT using an in house mail server. The problem I am having is... whenever I send email to anyone on the network or even to myself it always returns with SPAM: in the subject line. I have added our domain as safe senders in the rules and the emails do not get stuck in the junk folder but SPAM will always be on the Subject line. We run a dynamic ip and a few months ago the IP was flagged at DSBL for running an open relay, but ever since the Ip addre...