Overriding WinHelp is not working in .NET

Hi Friends,

I have an application which was developed with Visual C++ 6.0 and MFC. In
the application, the CWinApp::WinHelp method was overridden to support
context sensitive help (F1 help). After upgrading to Visual Studio .Net
2003, the help links are not working any longer. The overridden WinHelp
method in my CWinApp derived class no longer gets called when I press F1.

On some investigation within the framework code, I found that another
function CWinApp::WinHelpInternal gets called. If I just call this method
from my overridden WinHelp method then things work fine. Is this a change
made to the CWinApp class in the latest
version of MFC and is it documented somewhere? I could not find any
reference to it on the MSDN site or in the online docs.
Will the workaround I have done has any impact which I'm not aware of?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Devender...

0
dkhari (3)
3/14/2005 11:00:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's been years last time I used MFC. So, I am quite off from MFC case.

The WM_HELP window message is sent to the main window of the
application. If you can handle this message, you can either call your
method with proper parameters, or, display help from within the WM_HELP
handler. Besides, I guess MFC does this on your behalf - it handles
this message and calls WinHelpInternal method.

Ismail

0
pazarbasi (2)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

how do i change tick marks of excel graph from vb.net
I'm trying to change using VB.NET the tick marks from their default outside position and place them inside the graph. How can this be done? ...

Norton ghost not working
Hello: I'm trying to use Norton Ghost 2003 to backup my winxp partition, but when finally I click on the "Proceed to dump partition" I get: "Unable to find a free MBR slot in the Virtual Partition DLL. This is usually due to there being no free primary partition slotsleft on the boot disk." what's the problem and can it be fixed?? (The laptop comes originally with a single partition c: containing vista, at that time I created two new partitions d: and e:, then I installed win xp sp3 on d: and I'm using it, c: still containing vista but it'...

C++ CMenu EnableMenuItem not working
C++, VS .NET 2003, MFC I have a tray app where right clicking an icon brings up a menu. This all works, but for starters, the 2 menu items are disabled even though in the property pages in resource editor states enabled. I use the EnableMenuItem method of the CMenu object and set one of them to enabled. This works, however when i try to enable the other menu item, it doesn't work. One test scenario shows that it changes to enabled breifly, but then goes back to disabled. What would cause this on only one menu item, and not both? THanks. "Nick" <Nick@discussions.m...

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

MDI within Doc/View differences between VC++ 6.0 and VS.NET 2003
Hi All, Can anyone help to explain why the follow code below behave differently in VC++ 6.0 and VC++ in VS .NET 2003? In 6.0 I can only see two black spots, wheres it execute without any problem in .NET :( void CChildView::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting CBrush rbrush, gbrush; rbrush.CreateSolidBrush(RGB(255, 16, 255)); gbrush.CreateSolidBrush(RGB(255, 128, 255)); dc.FillRect(CRect(0, 0, 100, 100), &rbrush); dc.FillRect(CRect(50, 50, 150, 150), &gbrush); } I have been trying to create my own palette, but failed to realise as well. You clue is ...

Work around for MS Outlook Mailto bug?
Some users get an error message on a web site I have developed. They only get this if they use MS Outlook or MA Outlook Express as their mail client (and even then only in specific circumstances). They get a message as follows: "Could not perform the operation because the default mail client is not installed properly". Their mail client is installed fine - this is a known bug apparently, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;182985 I am using the Mailto command to generate an email to lots of members of a club. As a result there are lots of email addresse...

OWA doesn't work (inside or through VPN), Outlook works both ways?
Hi all, I'm trying desperately to remedy this situation. I inherited a MS SBS 2000 that doesn't seem to want to perform OWA. I can't run OWA inside or outside through the VPN...I get a 403 forbidden error. I can run Outlook on the lan or through the VPN no problem. I've worked through the troubleshooting guide and haven't had any results. Does anyone have any ideas off the top of their head? TIA "HTTP 403 (Forbidden)" Error Message When You Try to Access Your Mailbox ID: 327003 I'd check that first. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is pro...

Intelligent Mail filter not working
Hello, I installed the IMF on a new 2003 SP1 Exchange Server. After the latest updates, it appears to have stopped working. How can I debug this? Any help would be appreciated. Bob On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:36:08 -0700, "robsmith" <robsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I installed the IMF on a new 2003 SP1 Exchange Server. > >After the latest updates, it appears to have stopped working. > >How can I debug this? > >Any help would be appreciated. > >Bob Double check that it's still filtering "yes" on the SMTP...

building block control wont work when protected as form
I have been trying to set up form letters etc in Word. I have managed to struggle through Microsoft's hopelessly inadequate help in Word 07 and online, stumbled accross some good 3rd party blogs etc so that I now have a limited understanding on the content controls. I have even managed to work out how to set up autotext to use with the building block control so that I can select the paragraph appropriate to the circumstances for my lettter - it works great if the document is not protected in any way. However when I protect the document to 'fill in forms only' thi...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

Work on M04-Dlx file temporarily with M04-demo or M04-Standard?
Any information would be appreciated on my question: Till a week or two ago I was running Money 2004 Deluxe and my computer's disk drive died. Luckily I learned from a system crash last year to backup my data almost every day, so my backup was only a day old when the computer crashed. Unfortunately, I am not able to locate my Money 2004 Deluxe CD at the moment (it's in storage somewhere). I have two options: 1. I bought a new PC to replace the one in which the drive crashed, and I got Money 2004 Standard with it. Should I try importing the M04-Dlx backup data file into M04 Standa...

HELP
Can someone help me figure out why this is happening please? I'm getting an error: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'TitleID=43AND strPassword="GA3' in the following code: Private Sub txtTitleRP1Password_AfterUpdate() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset If Trim(Me.txtTitleRP1Password & "") = "" Then Me.txtTitleRP1 = "" Me.txtTitleRP1.SetFocus Else Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset( _ "SELECT Title From tblTitle " & _ "WHERE Tit...

Outlook.exe has generated errors
I tried all the KB suggestions and my Outlook (2002) still will not come up without this error. I removed all profiles, removed and reinstalled and created a new .pst file..... still not resolution.... Any help out there? Thx, JRM ...

FTP has stopped working
I use FTP to update web sites. All of a sudden, it has stopped working, with a message saying "Connected to server, waiting for response..." and it just sits there, for ever. This happens with all sites I try, so I tend to suspect it's a Windows related problem. Not sure where or what to look for. Any ideas anyone? TIA! Cefoxtrot On 28 Mar 2010, =?Utf-8?B?Q2Vmb3h0cm90?= <Cefoxtrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: > I use FTP to update web sites. All of a sudden, it has stopped > working, with a mess...

Hyperlinks not working in Outlook email
Hyperlinks in emails i create or receive do not work. when i click on the hyperlink, i get a "Save As" dialogue box with "Executable File" as the file type. How do a fix this so that when I click on the hyperlink, I go to the internet web site? Thanks! "Jerry" <jlexky@yahoo.com> wrote, Hi Jerry, please read this one here, http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

DPM 2007 not working with TS2900
The unit has a configuration of 8 +1 tapes. One appears always in use. The error messages is "error when backing up to tape" These are the data from the software we're running: Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard x64 Microsoft System Data Protection Manager 2007 DPM Reporting tool - MPSRPT These are the hardware data Tape Drive IBM System Storage TS2900 Tape Autoloader IBM Server Intel Xeon X3330@2.66ghz Memory 5gb already tested the operation of the tape drive. this is the log i got with MSRPT: http://www.itecnis.com/logs/2010-5-7_11-8-41.cab Any help ...

Uninstall not working?
I used the uninstaller. It said all previous version of Office were un-installed and would be found in trash. I see Office X in trash. But I also still see it in apps folder - so I'm confused. OS 10.3.4 Office 2004 >-----Original Message----- >I used the uninstaller. It said all previous version of Office were >un-installed and would be found in trash. I see Office X in trash. = But I >also still see it in apps folder - so I'm confused. > >OS 10.3.4 >Office 2004 > > >. I am also having problems with uninstall, I cannot now open files by = doub...

One OU works fine, other does not work at All for Exchange
Hi Everyone, I am new to Exchange, and have gotten it setup and working properly (or so I thought). Users who belong to the PowerUsers OU in Active Directory can access their Exchange mailboxes with no problem. Users in the OU setup for general users (lets call it XXXUsers) can not. I have verified that all settings in AD are the same for both types of users. Even attempting login through OWA causes the Exchange Server to 'burp' and request authentication, though the user is already logged into windows. This didn't happen with ANYONE in the power users group? Any t...

EXtending the CRM 3.0 Application to other ASP.NET apps
Anyone have the best practice for this? Is Web Services the bet way or the ASP.NET Asseblies? Thanks in Advance for any and all help. You might want to refer to the SDK for CRM: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9C178B68-3A06-4898-BC83-BD14B74308C5&displaylang=en -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "JP123" wrote: > Anyone have the best practice for this? Is Web Services the bet way or the > ASP.NET Asseblies? > > Thanks in Advance for any and all help. ...

work order bug?
I created a Work Order for a customer and took a $230 deposit via credit card. For some reason, despite tendering the transaction as usual, the Work Order and deposit were not saved (upon selecting the customer, no Work Order exists to recall) but the Journal shows the transaction and I can print out duplicate receipts of it. The only difference in this instance from all other work orders I take deposit on is that I usually have either an item or a "dummy labor amount" that exceeds the deposit. In this instance there was neither. Is this a bug? How do I "get the custome...

ASP .NET Services Account not showing up.
Trying to configure SQL Reporting Services on a Windows 7 machine. Get to the Web Service Identity item an ASP .NET Services Account is empty. Any one have any idea what I'm missing? I've done this a dozen time on Vista machines and it always has NETWORK SERVICES... in there. Thanks John ...

How do I make Excel cursor work right? #2
Once I click the cursor in an Excel cell, it will not move to a different cell, it moves as if I am dragging it, highlighting all the cells as it moves. Also, I cannot use any of the top row of tools, etc., including exit. Same problem with touchpad or mouse. Tried pressing f8 to no avail. Try pressing F8 -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493880 ...

tell people that their work needs improving
What is the best way to tell people that their work needs improvement? Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > What is the best way to tell people that their work needs improvement? Probably not the way I'm doing it. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher What?...is this a surprise quiz or something? Sheesh. Face to face without anger or emotion. Be prepared to demonstrate what you want from them. My worst experience was when I had to tell a female employee she had a SERIOUS BO problem that was causing the other employees t...

CRM 1.2 email with PDF attachment does not work..
We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments. When the email arrives at its destination, the PDF file is still attached but it no longer has the PDF extension, so the user is prompted to select a program to use to open the file. We do not experience this with emails originating from Outlook. Has anybody else seen this issue, anybody got a workaround? TIA Gino Works ok on our end. Updates applied? Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Gino" wrote: > We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments. > When the email arrive...