overlapping elements in tabs

hello,

how can i manage to avoid overlapping elements in tabs.

for example: if i have a group box and want to use a check box in the
group box header sometimes it works, but most of the times the check
box is hidden under the group box.

is there an option to  'order' the elements like we know it from
powerpoint?

thanks for the help - happy easter
manuel
0
baeman (6)
3/22/2008 12:03:13 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"baeman" <baeman@gmx.net> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> how can i manage to avoid overlapping elements in tabs.
>
> for example: if i have a group box and want to use a check box in the
> group box header sometimes it works, but most of the times the check
> box is hidden under the group box.
>
> is there an option to  'order' the elements like we know it from
> powerpoint?
>
> thanks for the help - happy easter
> manuel

When you are in the VC dialog editor there is a menu command that lets you
set the tabbing order of the controls on the dialog.  The tabbing order is
also the overlapping order.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
3/22/2008 1:36:32 PM
However, the resulting effects can still be ugly.  If I wanted a check box and a
group-box-like-thing, I might consider doing my own drawing.  Consider any effects you see
when controls overlap to be largely accidental, subject to change without notice..

Note also that prior to VS.NET, the Z-order at design time was the opposite of the Z-order
at run time (a bug that had taken over ten years to fix!)
					joe

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:36:32 -0400, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
wrote:

>"baeman" <baeman@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> hello,
>>
>> how can i manage to avoid overlapping elements in tabs.
>>
>> for example: if i have a group box and want to use a check box in the
>> group box header sometimes it works, but most of the times the check
>> box is hidden under the group box.
>>
>> is there an option to  'order' the elements like we know it from
>> powerpoint?
>>
>> thanks for the help - happy easter
>> manuel
>
>When you are in the VC dialog editor there is a menu command that lets you
>set the tabbing order of the controls on the dialog.  The tabbing order is
>also the overlapping order.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Settings Tab is not showing up for Administrator Role
Hi there, A little confused with CRM 3.0 Logging in with my account (I have all roles associated to my account) I cannot see the SETTINGS tab. I then logged out and relogged in as administrator account and removed a couple of roles (Scheduler role). I then logged back in as my account and I could see the Settings tab. However, coming in to work and accessing CRM again I could not see the Settings tab.... is this a bug or something to do with security permissions? Any help appreciated. Matt ...

unable to use tab on protected sheet
Hi Experts; I have a excel file with password protected sheet; I can not use tab key on this sheet. Is it possible that I can use tab key on a password protected sheet. Thanks Regards Vikky :) You can Tab to unlocked cells only. Unprotect the sheet then select the cells you want to Tab to. Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked". Protect the sheet again and Tab to those cells. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 9 Feb 2007 07:03:57 -0800, "Vikky" <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Experts; > >I have a excel file with password protected sheet; I ...

Viewing more sheet tabs
It would be nice if I could do this. I work with books that have man worksheets. However, i find them disappearing and I can only see few. Is there a way to display them on top of each other - for exampl the Options menu shows two layers of tabs. Can Excel do this with th sheets? Many thanks Hywel Manchester, U -- Hywe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hywel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26546 Don't think that is an option...

Why is my tab key moving my cursor from column A to column k?
In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet. From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if that's not where I started out. Please help, it's driving me crazy!!! Turn off Lotus 1-2-3 Transition options Tools, Options, Transition (tab), turn off all transition options --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvp...

Breaking One workbook into many Tabs
Hi There I have a tab called "Master" with information on lines 2 to 130, and Columns A to S. Column F has information that is repeated on several lines (persons name) I want to break the single tab "master" into a number of sub tabs, each tab containing the information relevant only to the individual. Thus for example Rows 1, 4, 7 and 9 within Column F state John. I want to extract all relevant info for John (ie contents of Rows 1,4 and 7) into a new tab called John (such that I can send JOhn his tab) Is there a way to break up the Master tab into sub ...

Tabs #4
Hi, I'm having problems with symbols and tabs. I want to produce a questionnaire for students at the end of a course but each time I use bullets as little tick boxes or symbols for same purpose, they don't print. Does anyone have a remedy? Cheers, -- English teacher How about the Wingdings font, letter l (lower case L)? -- Don Vancouver, USA "CBM" <CBM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47F2D18E-68F2-4868-9363-B3399514A44B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm having problems with symbols and tabs. I want to produce a > question...

Control Tab for Combo box
Hi, I have created a combo box in Excel 2002. When I right click and select Format Control the Control tab is missing. Any ideas about how to fix this? You created a combobox using the controltoolbox toolbar. The "control tab" doesn't exist for this combobox. But if you use a dropdown (aka combobox) from the Forms toolbar, you'll be one happy camper again. Ruth wrote: > > Hi, > > I have created a combo box in Excel 2002. > When I right click and select Format Control the Control > tab is missing. > > Any ideas about how to fix this? -- D...

How do I make Excel worksheet tabs change appearance when chosen .
On a Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook when working in Excel the worksheets chosen for editing as a group are not clearly identified by change in the color of the tabs as on my old desktop. Is there a solution? Hi not as far as i know, but the word [GROUP] should appear in the title bar when the sheets are grouped. Cheers JulieD "fentrkn" <fentrkn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BCAD7FE-965B-48CA-B97A-473A9AFB1C01@microsoft.com... > On a Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook when working in Excel the worksheets > chosen > for editing as a group are not clea...

How to determine the element name for a tab, section, etc. on a fo
Hi all, I want to add some code to hide and enable form controls in the OnChange event of another field on the form. I have found how to show and hide other fields and their labels using the syntax: crmForm.all.new_licensenumber.style.display = "block"; crmForm.all.new_licensenumber_c.innerText= "License Number"; etc., but now I'd like to show/hide a tab and some sections in a form. How can I determine what the name is for a tab or a section element, or any other control, for that matter? Any help is greatly appreciated! Jason there is a developer toolbar ...

I want to add new Tab for all the entity even for custom entity
Hi, I have requirement to add new Tab for all the entity even for custom Entity. In EntityName > Details > Information there are 4 tabs - General, Details, Administration, Notes. How do I add another tab over there? Regards, Chittu Hi, You need to open each entity’s form and then add new tab. There is no one step to get it effected on all entities. Settings -> Customization -> Customize entity -> Account -> forms and Views -> Account Form -> Add Tab -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freel...

Serialization of a derived class to the same element as the base class
I have the following two classes' the second derived from the first. Each time 'myclass' is added it adds an element. The second class is the same in, except it includes more methods. What I want to be able to do is add the class element even if I use my 'wizclass'. public class myclass { {...} } public class wizclass : myclass{ {...} } Here is my serialization attribute, even if I cast 'wizclass' back to 'myclass' I still get an type exception. [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("class", Type=typeof(myclass))] public ArrayList Ent...

Tabs

Element End Tag #2
How can you tell when you've reached an elements end tag? For example, how can the following code tell that <MenuItem Label="Overview" ClientSideOnClick="CacheDemo/IntroToCache.ascx"/> has an end tag? StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); if (xmlReader.NodeType == XmlNodeType.Element) { while (xmlReader.MoveToNextAttribute()) { sb.Append (xmlReader.Name + "=" + xmlReader.Value); // How can I tell when the end tag "/>" is reached ? ? ? ? } } else if (xmlReader.NodeType == XmlNodeType.EndElement) .... This seems easy enough wh...

tab sheet
Is is possible to increase the current one row of viewed worksheets at thew bottom of the screen to a mutltiple row format? I'm trying to view most, if not all of my tabs. Thanks. No, you can't have multiple rows of worksheet tabs. You are limited to one row. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "briank" <bjohnson@sslusa.com> wrote in message news:661501c377bc$e0a98970$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is is possible to increase the current one row of viewed > worksheets at thew bottom of the screen to a mutltiple ro...

Tab Generates a Beep on Text Box when Using VS Tools for GP
Hi: I am just getting started with VSTools for GP. I created a very simple from the is accessed off the Extras menu. The form has three text boxes on it (Amount, StartDate, EndDate) against which I have code on the validating and validate events. A code sample is below: Private Sub StartDate_Validated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles StartDate.Validated startDateErrorProvider.SetError(StartDate, "") End Sub Private Sub StartDate_Validating(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) Handles StartDate.Validating S...

XmlSerialzer error when multiple nillable elements of userdefined
Hi i am getting the following error while using XMLSerializer XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Person)); ERROR: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'XSD.BiodataGender?' to 'XSD.BiodataRace?'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?) I am getting the above error when my xsd has multiple nillable elements of userdefined type. If I change the type of either race or gender to String i am getting any error. temporary class is generated easily MY XSD : <?xml version="1.0" encodi...

tabbing into and out of a web control
Hi folks, I have an MFC dialog that has 4 buttons on it and a web control. The web control loads an html file that has several ATL composite controls. I've got tabbing enabled for the ATL controls but I don't know how to setup tabbing between the web control and the buttons on the dialog. Anyone have suggestions or a solution? thanks Mike The solution is to modify the styles of the extra windows that the web control generates to have WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT. "Mike Frith" <mfrith@esri.com> wrote in message news:%23lzbDKFsDHA.3420@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi folks, ...

Tab should change focus from CTreeView to CListView
Hi, My application consists of two views- like the Windows Explorer. It has a left CTreeView and a right CListView. When the focus is in the left pane (CTreeView) and the user hits a "Tab" on the keyboard, I want the focus to jump to the right pane (CListView). And vice-versa, of course. Could someone please suggest how this can be done? Regards, Arshad Tanveer http://atanveer.blogspot.com You don't have the functionality here like that provided by dialog boxes. The easiest way might simply be to trap this key in each of your views and simply transfer focus to the other view...

How to view tool bars & tabs on spreadsheet windo
How can I view a spreadsheet that includes the tool bar on the tob and the tabs for multiple sheets on the bottom? ...

font of spreadsheet tabs' name
How to extend (change) font of spreadsheet tabs' name? Thank you. kemerat The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs. So: with Excel Application closed. Win98 as example... Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance(WinXP Appearance>Advanced) "Item" drop down select Scrollbar Change setting to Taste Apply OK Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to s...

Exchange Features tab in Exchange 2003 set to disabled by default
I am wanting , when creating a new AD mail enabled user , to have all features under 'Exchange Features' tab to be disabled by default rather than being enabled e.g. POP3,OWA I've seen the question being asked before - but not got a definate solution - please some one out there must know the answer Have tried creating a user, disabling the features that you want and then copying that user when you create a new account? Nue "milburn9" <kev@rotherham.gov.uk> wrote in message news:1140515787.327366.98670@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wanting , when cre...

Tabs
Does anyone else have trouble setting tabs with leaders??? I am having a terrible time with my newest publication. I follow all the instructions and cannot get the leader to format. Any suggestions? I've used Publisher for other projects and have run into this problem before but I can't remember how I solved it. I imported the text for this project from another file. Could that be the problem? Hi paula (pbibber@yahoo.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone else have trouble setting tabs with leaders??? I am || having a terrible time with my newest publication. I...

Tab order of dynamic controls
Hi All, I am creating 3 group controls(frames) and 3 edit controls dynamically but having trouble setting their tab order. Apart from these control I have a command button control which was created at design time using resource editor. i want to move from edit control 1 to edit control 2 then edit control 3 and finally in command button. After command button it should go back to edit control 1. Here's the code code that i'm using(focus doesnt go to any edit control...). Any idea would be greatly appreciated. int iTop = 2; int iBottom = 50; for (int i=0;i<3;i++) { m_objGroup[i]...