Overlapped/Hidden window?

Is there any way to find out that one window(Static text)is
overlapped/hidden by other(ComboBox)?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Reliable way to get window underneath mine?
What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine? Say that my window is "Window A"... "Window A" is being dragged around the screen by its title bar. The mouse cursor is at x,y. I need to know if I can drop it on the window thats at x,y (not counting "Window A"). So I need to get this window handle somehow. WindowFromPoint() obviously gets "Window A". I'd rather not enumerate all the windows since that seems like a performance issue. Thanks. Somebody wrote: > What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine? > > Say tha...

Microsoft has removed 500+ groups, including 21 Windows-98 groups
I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but Microsoft has removed approx. 535 groups from it's server. 21 of those pertain to windows-98. Those 21 groups are: --------------------- microsoft.public.il.hebrew.win98 microsoft.public.jp.win98 microsoft.public.kr.windows98.qna microsoft.public.nl.windows98 microsoft.public.win98.comm.dun microsoft.public.win98.comm.modem microsoft.public.win98.display.general microsoft.public.win98.display.multi_monitor microsoft.public.win98.fat32 microsoft.public.win98.internet.netmeeting microsoft.public.win98.msinfo32 microsoft.p...

SetWindowPos ZOrder does not work with overlapping controls?
Hello NG, I have a problem with the ZOrder of SetWindowPos. In my CDialog, I use a bitmap CStatic to display a background picture. On that, I want to show some controls. I do it as follows: m_stcBackgroundPic.SetWindowPos(&wndBottom, 0,0,1024,496, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_btnDoSomething.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 10,10,100,60, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_stcEditCaption.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 10,175,150,30, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_ctlEdit.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 170,175,170,30, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); Later, I show the controls with ShowWindow in the same order as above (first the background pic, then the butt...

Tabs in my workbook are hidden
When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? Assuming that in Tools, Options, View you are set to view sheet tabs, you could try dragging the Drawing toolbar (and other toolbars) by the left edge to the top or right of the screen. Gee Wrote: > When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the > start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.exc...

PostMessage and address of window
I want send RegisterWindowMessage from some thread to dialog class to listbox. I create this thread in dialog class so I use "this" to pass address window, but It doesn't work. Compilator doesn't show any error. But on the listbox the message which I send from thread doesn't appear there. Code: //dialog class: static UINT UWM_SEND_DATA = ::RegisterWindowMessage(_T("UWM_SEND_DATA"); SerialWriter* writer; //my thread in "SerialWriter" class writer = (SerialWriter *)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(SerialWriter),THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL,0,CREATE_SUSP...

Window painting
Can anybody please help! I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. I want to do render a window in Selection mode when mouse button is down and then when the mouse button is up I want to render the window in Render mode. I have written appropriate code in OnLButtonUp and OnLButtonDown as below void CManifoldViewerView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default renderingMode = 1; // variable to keep track of rendering mode 0 - GL_RENDER //1 - GL_SELECT PostMessage(WM_PAINT); CView::OnLButtonDow...

How to subclass multiple windows
Hi, I need to enumerate all the windows inside of IE WebBrowser control, which are all generated dynamically according to web page html content. After got all the HWND of the windows, I need to intercept WM_ERASEBKGND messages fired by those windows. I can subclass one window to get the message, but I don't know how to subclass all the windows. Could let me know how to do it? Thank you very much. "Jerry" <jerryy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124136420.829187.158270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I need to enumerate all the windows inside of IE...

Exchange and Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1- Cannot telnet to SMTP port 25
Greetings, We have 4 Exchange 2003 servers. 2 are on Windows 2000 and 2 are on Windows 2003. The 2 that are on Windows 2003 are experiencing a strange problem. You cannot telnet to any machine's smtp port. Telnet itself is functioning fine on both these machines, but when you try to telnet to any machine's smtp port (25), it fails with: "Could not open connection with host on port 25: Connection Failed". Now I've tried telnetting to all the Exchange servers (including themselves) with these two machines to no success. I've even tried telnetting to Sun boxes run...

Pocket Money 2003 on Windows Mobile 2003
When I tried to install Pocket Money 2003 on my Windows Mobile 2003 machine, it does not allow me to do so and a error message pops up saying that it will only install on Pocket PC2002 machine. What should I do? Will Pocket Money 2004 do the trick? ...

How do I install outlook 2000 on Windows 7?
I have had multiple problems getting Outlook 2000 to work on a brand new System 7 machine. To my knowledge, it has no other versions installed, yet each time I launch, I get the setup screen again that says there is another version. I can receive mail but when I try to send it says I can't because it can't find the WAB DLL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. (Word, Excel and PPt work fine.) Any clues? Outlook2k is not compatible with Vista let alone win7 It may work if you setup outlook2k in workgroup mode, but not neccessarily without proble...

Windows 7 backup & SBS2008 Prem.
Hi, I have an SBS 2008 network, with Windows 7 clients. I setup a share on my server for the clients to use to do backups. I also have the user's profile folders redirected to the server as well, which covers Documents and Desktop (the default I guess when you tell sbs to redirect). Everything seems to work fine as far as the backups go, but the Windows 7 Action Center is complaining that I need to check my backup status. When I do, it mearly tells me that it skipped Documents, Desktop, Video etc. because they are on the server. I'm fine with those being skipped as th...

TO and CC email addresses hidden when forwarding an email [Outlook 2007]
Dear all, I've encountered a problem when forwarding emails in Outlook 2007. Any help much appreciated! When forwarding an email using Outlook 2007, only the names of the recipients of the recipients are given in the forwarded message (from "-----Original Message-----" downwards); the FROM field contains a "mailto" URL with an email address, but the TO and CC fields give no email addresses. (There are no hidden hyperlinks that encode the email addresses.) Is there a setting that changes this? I have looked through all the settings and could not find one! Thanks a l...

Working window in Access "sticks" to Maximum size
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to 'unstick' a working form/report/table, etc in Access. Even if I design an entry form at say, 3" by 5" wide, it'll automatically maximize to fill up the entire working screen next to the navigation bar. To my knowledge, I have never set any property to maximize every window. . . Did I miss a global setting, or is it an option I can turn off? Thanks, Tripler "Tripler of the SDMB" <Tripler of the SDMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96E65DF9-A187-4710-A6AC-2350A66F38D1@microso...

Bottom of spreadsheet hidden in full screen view
If you change Excel to Full Screen View and your taskbar is always on top (as it normally is), the bottom of the spreadsheet is hidden behind the taskbar. Does anyone know how to get around this without hiding the taskbar? I have found that if I drag the taskbar to the bottom and then back up again, the Excel window resizes itself correctly and the bottom of the spreadsheet is visible again. Problem is, I want to do this from VBA! Can anyone help please??? Bringing this post back to the top because it is getting lost in the depths of the forum. I've searched the whole Excel fo...

Windows Live Mail 07-23-10
I have a new windows 7 pc. I'm trying to export, import my old emails from a xp pc. I have exported all the files to the new pc but I can't import them. I click on Live Mail on the new pc and I don't get the toolbar with "File, Tools, etc" on it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any help Hi, Marty. The Windows Live Team decided that we would rather have more screen real estate, so the HID the Menu Bar (File, Tools, etc.) by default. To see it momentarily, just press <Alt>. There are several ways to toggle it on/off (semi-)permanently. Maybe th...

Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Group
Hi, Can anybody tell me why we need to add the SQL Server Service Account and IIS Service Account to the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group" in the "Bultin" group of Active Directory? >From all my installation that I did, I added these services because the implementation guide saids to do it. If I don't add these services, everything seems OK to me. no errors or anything. Can anyone tell me why we need these steps? Thanks! DL you are safe to avoid using that group if your system still works fine. "DL" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in messa...

Windows
Hi - hope someone can help I get the following message: exception processing message c00000013 75b6bf7c 4 75b6f7c 75b6bf7c This just started for no apparant reason. The message won't cancel, try again or continue. It returns after re boot. Compter still runs fine - just can't get rid of the message. Only recent program addition was Quicken 2010 - how ever this error message didn't happen immediately after it was loaded. I did find some threads on this but nothing there that seemed to directly address this issue. Running XP Home edition version 2002 Service Pac...

Charts GONE after Windows XP SP3 Update!?!
I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP Professonal SP2 installed on my PC. Last night I went through the normal Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well. However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those charts at all. The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but the charts themselves seem to have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this? Thanks... Hi, ...

Registry on windows 2008
Hi all, With Windows 2003, I'm using HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch process each time the user log in. I tryed to create the same key at the same place with Windows 2008 but it doesn't work. How can I do the same with Windows 2008 ? Does the Run Key still exist ? Thank you, Olivier On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:45:02 -0700, OlivierT <OlivierT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >With Windows 2003, I'm using >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch >proces...

Strange message in Windows XP Help & Support
Please see the Outlook Express header which follows my signature. My query is that when you open the message instead of seeing the message in the message source ( not included below ) you see the last Outlook Express message you opened. I am wondering whether this is malware or some corruption in Outlook Express. As it only occurs with this particular newsgroup message I suspect malware. I do not generally get malware. Two infections in 12 years. I have not read of a similar experience. Has anyone else encountered it? TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England E...

Start program in minimized window
How do I start a program (e.g. Internet Explorer Version 8) in a minimized window, just a tab in the toolbar? Can this be done for any program and is there a universal switch for this? PSRumbagh wrote: > How do I start a program (e.g. Internet Explorer Version 8) in a minimized > window, just a tab in the toolbar? Can this be done for any program and is > there a universal switch for this? - To start the program minimized to the Taskbar: Create a shortcut to the program, right-click the shortcut, click Properties, change "Run:" to "Minimized". ...

Windows 7 HP upgrade 32 to 64 bit?
I have recently upgraded Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. My desktop has 3.37 GB usable RAM and I am now considering doing a clean install to 64 bit. Is this possible using the Microsoft upgrade CD, please? -- plod A clean install is the only way you can go from 32-bit to 64-bit. Boot with the 64-bit disc and let it find the current installation then delete the partition with 32-bit Win 7 and proceed from there. On 2010-02-27 16:00, plod wrote: > I have recently upgraded Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 > Home Premiu...

Immediate window disappeared from the VBE
For some reason, the immediate window has gone from the VBE, instead there is a black space where it should be. View -> Immediate window doesn't do anything. Any idea? Thanks in advance Joseph Hi Joseph Try Control + G -- Regards Roger Govier "JOG" <philippeoget@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:50pf4gF1hdtcpU1@mid.individual.net... > For some reason, the immediate window has gone from the VBE, instead > there is a black space where it should be. > View -> Immediate window doesn't do anything. > > Any idea? > > Thanks in advan...

Transfering Messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
I have a customer who is using Windows Live Mail (WLM). He has 142 441 files that take 13.3Gb. He keeps on loosing contacts everytime he quits WLM. In addition, He uses the signature feature to preprogram replies to his emails. With WLM when you reply, they all disappear and only the default signature remains. Finally, everytime he starts WLM, it is very slow because it scans his 142 441 files all the time. So I recommended to use Outlook. However, it is limited to 2Gb when we try to import data from WLM. Can you recommend a solution? -- Christopher Kozely EURL US Info In W...

Windows Live Mail access to Outlook 2007 beta?
How do I access my Windows Live mail (beta) from Outlook 2007 (beta)? I can't work out how -- and I'm even willing to pay if that's what it takes. thanks! (ilan_caron@hotmail.com) You can try setting up an HTTP mail account but due to the double beta condition, it may not work. "ilanc" <ilan_caron@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1156759217.244902.84800@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > How do I access my Windows Live mail (beta) from Outlook 2007 (beta)? I > can't work out how -- and I'm even willing to pay if that's what it > takes. ...