Opening my app from context menu

Hi, I have found out that my problem with opening a file from the
context menu is caused by the fact that the main frame is created after
the document is loaded (SDI MFC). When the program is opened first and
then a file is opened or drag'n'dropped into it, the frame is created first.
0
mnielsen1 (59)
12/30/2005 4:16:50 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Adding a "Title" to a context menu
Hi All, I wonder if there's a way to add some sort of title to a context menu. A bit like message box titles for instance. Thanks JB "JB" <jb.brossard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:543d8c59-e5a4-4725-8e20-7202a04de8c4@g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I wonder if there's a way to add some sort of title to a context menu. > A bit like message box titles for instance. > > Thanks > JB Not that I'm aware of, or that is readily apparent from looking at the ContextMenuStrip class members in MSDN. http://msdn...

excel file does not open when doubleclicked
Hi all, we have a user accesing office packages through terminal server. whenever he receive an excel attachment in outlook 2003 , he cannot open it by double clicking on it. no error message is displayed. the excel program opens with a black sheet in the background. to open the file , we need to go through file => open and select the received file (it has to be saved first). please advise , regards kryshzt Hello Tools, Options, General tab Untick "Ignore other applications" Close Excel and try again HTH Cordially Pascal "kryshzt" <kryshzt@discussions.mic...

Open 'new email' in outlook (using word as editor, as per normal)
I have a field in each record of a continuous form that contains an email address. There is a command button next to it which, when clicked, should open outlook to email that address. Like what happens in a normal email hyperlinks I can see two ways of doing this: 1) Turn the field to a hyperlink. This works perfectly, however it makes it a pain to edit the link. 2) Use the sendobject command in VBA / a macro. Again: This works, however unlike the above it opens the new message directly in outlook instead of using word as the email editor as per outlook settings?? Can anyone shed any ligh...

XP-Theme won't fill the whole background in my app
I try to use WinXP Visual styles in my app. I did what the instruction tells in this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xptheming.asp It went well except for one thing: The background was not colored in the bottom. On the bottom, the background color was white. It should have been light gray. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance :) Kjetil Salomonsen wrote: > I try to use WinXP Visual styles in my app. I did what the instruction > tells in this link: > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?...

Opening Money 2000 in XP with corrupt profile
I have a login on my computer which has become corrupted. It has a corrupted registry file. XP cannot open it. So I am using another login. However this login opens Microsoft Money as a new user - even if I click on my old "My Money.mbf" How do I get to my old data? In microsoft.public.money, Andrew Davroche <Andrew Davroche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a login on my computer which has become corrupted. It has a corrupted >registry file. XP cannot open it. So I am using another login. However >this login opens Microsoft Money as a new u...

message map from non ui app
Hi Is it possible to do message maps calls like post and peakmessage from a non-GUI (no window) application? I have an MFC dll with callbacks that i presume can be invoked using message map calls. But as i understand these calls requires a window handle and as there is no window/UI (its a service) I am not sure how i can invoke these callback from the dll. Are there any related sample code or articles that i can look at? TIA -S PS: I am not very experienced with mfc programming so please bare with my silly questions. > Is it possible to do message maps calls like post and peakmessage fr...

i want to open database exclusively
i wanted to modify the data in my access database but i received an error message stating that i had to open database exclusively. What does it mean? what should i do to open my database exclusively? Thank you. Carlita You have posted an Access question to an Excel news group. Are the two connected in some way? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:39:03 -0800, Carlita Siew <Carlita Siew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i wanted to modify the data in my access database but i received an error >message stating that i had to open database exclusively. >What does it...

links inside emails won't open #2
I have Outlook Express 6 and it will not open any web links whether in the form of a web page or as a simple text URL in a message. But I can copy an embedded link and paste it into IE, and the link is valid. I can also save the message as an HTML document, open it outside of Outlook, click the link and IE will connect me to it. If I click a link within Outlook, Outlook locks up completely and I have to close it using Task Manager. This started just a few weeks ago, until then this feature worked every time. Thank you - Al >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook Expre...

File is saved on opening #6
Thanks for trying! If I ever find out, I'll post it here -- Roadi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roadie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=593 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27563 ...

use a button to open a text box
Im using Excel 2007 and what I want to do is this. I want to create a button on my worksheet so when the work sheet is active, i can press thiss button and a text box will open where i enter a number. This number will then be stored somewhere (untill the button is used again and a different number entered) and used reference to a formula (sum) on the worksheet. Anybody wanna tackle this one??? What you are asking for with the Pop-up window will require VBA code. Do you want to add code to the workbook for just this function?.....if not, you can still accomplish what I percieve you are...

Open a form based on an unbound form
I want to open a form based on a name. I have an unbound form with a combo box that looks up the value I want; this works great for opening reports, However, I made a form that looks like a report and I need it to open the same way, using this same unbound form. Therefore I don’t want to code anything in my unbound form. Obviously the placement of the same code does not work in a form the way it does in a report. Report Example: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAssignedTo", , , , , acDialog End Sub Private Sub Report_Close() DoCmd.Close acForm, "...

outlook 2007 app crash
Can someone help with this error? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6423.1000 Application Timestamp: 49b08185 Fault Module Name: olmapi32.dll Fault Module Version: 12.0.6423.1000 Fault Module Timestamp: 49b08045 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000126cc OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 Brand: Office12Crash skulcid: 1033 See your other post. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Confi...

Why open two copies of workbook?
I was sent some Excel files by email. When I try to open one of them, it will always open two copies. Both are Read-Only. I'm using Win2000 and XL2000. Any suggestions? Ed Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Oj6YJqH3EHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was sent some Excel files by email. When I try to open one of them, it > will always open two copies. Both are Read-Only. I'm using Win2000 and > XL2000. Any suggestions? ...

Auto opening of Validation list
I have a simple data validation rule applied to a cell which has the validation set as List and references approx 50 cells. What I would like to occur is that, when the sheet is selected, the drop-down list is revealed with the mouse hovering over the down arrow of the cell. Although there's no problem selecting the cell when the sheet is selected, I cannot get a macro to record the selecting of the cell dropdown list and cannot find a way to do it. It may not be possible for this to happen at all, but I would appreciate anyone's assistance if such a procedure can be done. Rob Hi ...

Forcing a search on opening a workbook.
Using Excel 2002. Have created an excel workbook, which enables 12 user to select a 'new' account number from an alphabetical listing, there i a spreadsheet for each letter of the alphabet. Macros ensure eas navigation from one page to another. One of the requirements, is that a user must search, (Edit > Find) b name, to ensure that they are not adding a duplicate. At present this is done on trust. I would like to 'force/push' thi process when the workbook is opened up by a user. I tried to set up macro to do this, but it will not work. Does anyone have any othe ideas ...

Open form with filter help
Hi, Need help to write a filter that opens a form at the right place. Using 'Docmd.Openform "Cust_Edit_Form" and cannot figure out the form filter where a valid 'WHERE" is valid. Trying to get the form to open based on the working forms feild "CompanyName" so that [Forms]![Cust_Edit_Form]![CustomerName] is equal to the feild "Me![CompanyName]". -- Best Regards Bill I hope that is a typo on your part. CustomerName= CompanyName? Well, maybe they are the same, but if so, why not name them the same? Also -use the unique record ID instead of na...

Making a File Go to SaveAs On Open
I just wanted to know if there was a way that as soon as an Excel Fil was opened it immediately went to File SaveAs so the user was forced t give it a new name. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (right click the workbook titlebar and choose View Code): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim sFileName As Variant Dim bSame As Boolean Do If bSame Then MsgBox "Filename must be different" sFileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename bSame = sFileName = ThisWo...

Insert Documents (Word/PDF) and open them
Dear colleagues, For reporting purposes, I would like to create an Excel file containing Candidates assessments with their CV's. For that, I would like to have a Sheet containing all Candidates' assessments. On the other hand, I would like to insert their CV's into the Excel workbook (another sheet or one sheet for each CV). These are Word and/or PDF docs. What I wold like to have is links between the Assessment sheet and the CV's, so I can click a button or a link in the Assessment sheet and open the corresponding CV. Is that possible? I cannot create hyperlinks to ...

App Unicode call MBCS dll
Hi!, I've got a great problem, and I don't have any idea how can I to solve it. I hope that there is a solution to solve it :-). Well. I've got an App UNICODE that call a routine in a dll MBCS: App UNICODE CString dir; bDameValorINI (dir, "Directorios", "Ejecutables", "C:\", true); Routine dll MBCS bool bDameValorINI (CString &valor, const CString &clave, const CString &variable, const CString &nombre_ficheroINI, bool obligatorio); When I try to call to that function, I can see with Debug that clave is only "D&qu...

Access 2007 Runtime Cannot Open Database After A Table Is Created In It
We have an application split into a front end (code, queries, forms, macros) and a back end (primarily tables). The application is distributed in compiled form and is installed with the Access 2007 Runtime package. Part of the process occasional opens the back end directly in Runtime. We normally distribute updates to the application by sending out a new front end. Occasionally, an update will require a new table in the back end which the front end will create. The problem we have run into is that following sequence crashes the back end: 1. An update is run that adds one or...

CMenu: The image of a menu item becomes inverted on selection
Hi! I'am trying to add to my popup menu color bitmaps. But I encountered with a problem. When I select a menu item, the icon of the item becomes inverted (negative image). Could you help me, how to solve the problem? ----- CMenu subMenu; subMenu.CreatePopupMenu(); MENUINFO menuInfo = { sizeof(menuInfo) }; menuInfo.fMask = MIM_STYLE; GetMenuInfo(subMenu, &menuInfo); MENUINFO menuInfoNew = menuInfo; menuInfoNew.dwStyle = (menuInfo.dwStyle & ~MNS_NOCHECK) | MNS_CHECKORBMP; SetMenuInfo(subMenu, &menuInfoNew); subMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, 1234, L"String 1"); MENUITE...

Outlook hangs when trying to open messages with certificates
I am unable to open messages with Digital Certificates. Also, atempting to do this hangs the program and I get a not- responding error. Any sugestions are welcomed. ...

problems with openings .doc documents in firefox
hi, I have a problem with, which occured in last three days I can not open .doc documents, which were sent to me. if I press open - there is only the offer to save it. i found it only with this types of documents. .rtf or .xls are running good. do you know, what is wrong? thanks valeria Hello Valeria, What do you mean by "in Firefox", please? Are you trying to open them by double-clicking? If so, what do you get when you are in Word and choose File menu -> Open? What version of Word, what OS and what Mac model? Cheers, Clive Huggan Canberra, Australia (My time zone is 5...

sample client server app
cannot find equivalent control for winsock in vb2005. can someone please explain why and additionally provide a small sample to get me going. thanks jerryys On 2010-01-12, jerryys <jerryys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > cannot find equivalent control for winsock in vb2005. can someone please > explain > why and additionally provide a small sample to get me going. > > thanks > > jerryys System.Net.TcpClient - I believe there are examples in the documentation. -- Tom Shelton On Jan 12, 6:46=A0am, Tom Shelton <tom_shel...@comc...

want to create a message box to appear on open
I want to be able to have a Message appearing the first time o open a worksheet in an excel document or even have appear when the document opensinitially. can this be done easily and removed easily? Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'Place this code in the ThisWorkbook object MsgBox "Insert your message here", vbInformation, "Insert your message box title here" End Sub "Fionajpower" wrote: > I want to be able to have a Message appearing the first time o open a > worksheet in an excel document or even have appear when the document > opensinitially....