Open File Dialog Help

I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on.
The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment.

Thanks,
0
anonymous (74722)
6/7/2004 6:31:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL)
gets you to My Documents

0
anonymous (74722)

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

Failed to customize the dialog box of toolbar
I cannot fill the left-hand list box of toolbar's dialog box,and if I delete one button in toolbar,I lost it. Below is my code: [code] #include <windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include "resource.h" #define ID_TOOLBAR 20001 static char *szAppName = "Study Toolbar" ; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) ; TBBUTTON tbButtons[] = { {STD_FILENEW, IDM_FILE_NEW, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON | BTNS_SHOWTEXT, 0, 0}, // 1 {STD_FILEOPEN, IDM_FILE_OPEN, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0, 0}, // 2 {STD_FILESAVE, IDM_FILE_SAVE, TBSTATE...

Please help user accounts cannot log in
Hi all, well I caught a virus. I had essentials but some how it is unable to delete the virus and the real time protection has been disabled. Upon working with support we manage to find the problem in windows32 folder. It is a fake security virus. Unfortunately i was unable to delete the applications. I some how did something because now i cannot log in at all. Windows start up and gets to the user account section. When i click on any account it starts and then immediately logs out. This is even in safe mode under admin. I was able to at least get into windows and now i cannot. A...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Converting XLS file to QIF or to OFX
How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? "dreamchaser" wrote: > How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? In Excel, save the file to CSV and ustilise iCreateOFX Basic from: http://icreateofx.co.uk/Convert-CSV-to-OFX to convert the saved CSV file to OFX. ...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

cannot open outlook 2000
"this opration has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" I have already tried the steps listed in MS Knowledge Base article 310049, with no luck. Any other suggestions ? Thanks. ...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

HELP!!! 08-30-03
please elp me. my mom is a medical transcriber and she has a dictionary she uses through windows 98. and her comp has no memory, so we need to update her operating system inoder to put more memory on there. she needs her dictionary and i was wandering how to access it and if possible how to save it on to a cd. thank you for ur time Dear jason you have to have a dictornary corect i have one i could email you if you like just email me back i mean i use this dictornary really well and it works for 95-Xp so if you want give me a hollar ok peace out danny "jason" <jasonr_206@hotm...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Outlook 2002 multiple file opening
In Outlook 2000, CTRL A would select all attached picture files, then Open would, in my case, open the files in Paintshop Pro. With the 2002 version I cannot find a way to do this. Any suggestions? ...

help with installation isue
Hope this is correct NG When I try to run `Karens replicator` (for external backup) My PC automatically runs an installation for publisher 2003 and then gives error message........... Istallation error require file SKU019.CAB then asks for original CD to be inserted. Publisher still works ok I can`t see what the relationship between the 2 are, how do I stop this trying to install? thanks -- Rent a villa in Turkey http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/ I would suggest aksing the folks over at karenware.com. http://www.karenware.com/powertools/troubl...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Locks up when clicking on links in open web pages
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct discussion group, and if not, sorry for the trouble. Could you direct me if I'm wrong? The issue is that the internet connection locks up if I click on a link or attempt to print from within an open website. It does not happen each time, but often enough to make me want to pull my hair! I have to shut down the connection - the message says it is 'not responding,' and reconnect, sometimes 2 or 3 times, to be able to use the link from the website. I have a second laptop, and it doesn't have this problem. ...

HR Help menu
The Help menu is not available in the Employee file screen. Also there is not at this time any french version help menu available with HR. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...

When I open a workbook, another one called Book1 is also opened. W
This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbook, then closing that one. The next time I open my workbook, Book1 has disappeared. Do you mean two different sheets within the same workbook? "Ian@MarlandLtd" wrote: > This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can > switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it > by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbo...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

Barcodes Code
I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode. Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will work with access or excel 2000 or 2003. Much appreciated. Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128.. Hi Lester, Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer. Try printing the barcode larger. Perhaps even turn off print to fit under print, page setup. --- HTH, David McRi...

Help please #8
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6D1D3.B9AB1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this error message. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Control=20 Event ID: 8231 Date: 9/6/2006 Time: 4:39:10 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=3DSystem = Policies,CN=3DDOMAIN,CN=3DMicrosoft = Exchange,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3DDOMAIN,DC=3Dcom':'MAD.EXE'= ,...

Excel Template Wizard, Very Large File Size
Background: Excel 2000. I created a spreadsheet and used the template wizard that links to an Access 2000 database. The template was later used to create one record and saved as a spreadsheet. The database also contains this one record. Spreadsheet and database work fine. Later I reduced the Access field size properties (none are larger than 150, most are less than 50). There are 35 fields. Unexpected result: The Excel spreadsheet (template) and the linked Access database are huge. The spreadsheet is 35MB and the associated Access 2000 database is 24MB. Each contains one record (a si...