OPC server & MFC

Is there and can anyone point me to some references addressing an OPC server
with the handy ODBC classes of MFC? Or am I wishing for too much?

Ron H.

--

This eMail has been scanned by Norton´┐Ż 360
and found to be virus free!

0
Ron
6/29/2010 12:11:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Jun 29, 2:11=A0am, "Ron H" <rnha...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Is there and can anyone point me to some references addressing an OPC ser=
ver
> with the handy ODBC classes of MFC? Or am I wishing for too much?

No takers? Ok, I'll give it a shot, but I might be mostly talking out
of my backside...

What exactly do you need to do? And what does your OPC server do? (I
am guessing DA, perhaps A&E parts of OPC). If so, ODBC doesn't relate
much, except if you want to put DA data into a database; in that case,
there are OPC-to-ODBC bridge products, e.g. at www.matrikonopc.com.

Goran.
0
Goran

SOAP Server Application Faulted 08-10-04

SBS2008 Premium
Many apologies, I've probably asked this before, but I don't recall getting a full answer. We've a customer who has purchased SBS2008 Premium. We've used the second server copy to install as a DC at another branch site. We want to use the SQL Server that comes as part of the Premium package to install onto an existing seperate server at the main site which was not part of the SBS2008 Premium package. Are we allowed to do this ? or will it allow us to do this even ? Will the SBS 2008 client CAL's cover this ? They are covering this as part of the SBS2...

APS server
i want to know the details of APS server "dinesh" <dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3CC452-8BA9-4664-A748-D31DFE439F12@microsoft.com... >i want to know the details of APS server Errr.... Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the term, but... APS server? -- f.h. Google is your friend. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, dinesh asked: | i want to know the details of APS s...

Get size of file on ftp server before downloading
Hi, How can I get the size of a file on an ftp server before downloading the file. Basically I want to create a progress bar to show the progress of the download as its being downloaded. If anyone could point me to any good resources or explain what i need to do. I am using Visual Studio 2010 beta, but code needs to be able to be run on 2.0 framework, if possible. Thanks in advance, Adam > How can I get the size of a file on an ftp server before downloading the > file. Basically I want to create a progress bar to show the progress of > the download as i...

Server 2008 R2 trial question
I've downloaded & installed Server 2008 R2 to use for study purposes but it has expired after 10 days (auto shuts down after an hour). I have reset the evaluation period using slmgr.vbs in system32 but it has only given me another 10 days. The MS web site states 180 day trial which I'm sure is 60 days trial renewable twice, any ideas how I can get the full trial so I can study for the 70-640 exam? TIA, Jason Hello Jazsnap, You have to activate it to overcome the 10 days. Without activation this is expected. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This post...

Exchange Server 2003 migration
Hello, Could someone please give me some directions here: I have installed two new Servers in a Windows 2000 Domain with AD, they are on the same physical network with Windows NT 4.0 domain. I am installing Exchange Server 2003 in the Windows 2000 Domain, it will be a fresh install, not an upgrade (new organization, although I would like to keep the same organization name as my Exchange 5.5 Server in my Windows NT domain). As just mention, I have a Exchange 5.5 up and running in my Windows NT domain with about 75-100 mailboxes. What I would like to do is migrate all the users mailboxes an...

CRM and SQL on separate Servers
What is the recommended configuration for MSCRM and SQL? Is it best to have them on the same server or separated? We were going to move the SQL database to another server dedicated for the CRM SQL DB's. The current server has plenty of horse power dual Xeon 2.8 GHz/2GB/RAID5. It would be moved to a server of the same specs, but single Proc. Sean; The recommended configuration is for SQL to be on a separate server, with MSCRM being on its own web server/s. There are a lot of reasons for this, but the main one is performance. Optimally, the SQL Server would have 3+GB of RAM and th...

Version control for SQL Server databases
It is my understanding that version control for sql server databases can be problematic. I have been thinking about this problem on and off for a while, and over the last couple of hours the beginnings of a system have crystallized. I am going to sketch the first draft of this evolving idea below. If anyone recognizes the mechanisms as already existing in some product or solution, please let me know. If anyone recognizes problems or limitations of the system, please let me know about those too. Once again, this is just a first draft that I have been brainstorming for about 2 hours, ...

Report Server Problem
We moved the CRM databases and the Report Server to a different SQL server, ran repair installation of the CRM server and enabled delegation of the CRM server. In CRM client the list of reports is shown. If a user tries to run a report he got following error message: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Login failed for user '[domain]\[username]'. If the Domain admin (= CRM admin user) runs the report from the same machine the report is functional. It behaves ...

Termina Server on SBS 2003 network
If I install a Terminal Server on and SBS 2003 network and have purchased the required number of TS Cals, so I also have to purchase additional SBS Cals? Right now the SBS server is licenses in a 'per connection' mode. If we had five new remote users coming in through TS, that would on be one new connection, the TS, but five new users. Thanks Please clarify your current licensing. SBS has a user CAL and a device CAL. Do you mean "per connection" mode is all device CALS? "RobWW" <RobWW@gmail.com> wrote in message news:pjucl5t3cmanl80rkb3skfcl...

Exchange Server statistics
Is there any way to pull Exchange statistics? For example, I'd like to know how many emails are sent from our Exchange server on a given day. Thanks Ctrystal Reports can be used. "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ef1DB3ctDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to pull Exchange statistics? For example, I'd like to know > how many emails are sent from our Exchange server on a given day. > Thanks > > Cool.... Never thought of that.... Where and what type of db is it? -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Andrew Sword [MVP]&qu...

SMTP recieve connector on Edge server
Hello all Testing out Exchange 2007. I have the hub and Edge server on two seperate machines. I have configured a recieve connecotor on the Edge server, so the Edge server can accept emails from the hub, i also have the default send connector that was created whith the edge subscription service. From the Edge server if i telnet to for example a yahoo.com mail server i can send mail just fine. If i send an email using OWA the emails get queued up on the hub server in the edgesync queu. If i telnet from the hub server to the edge server and try and send an email i get "failed ...

Internal messages bouncing after server\domain migration
Greetings, Any message created under the old domain bounces on reply because Exchange is trying to use the old AD info to route the message. Is there a way to safely change this? This will be a non-issue after all the old threads are exhausted, but it is a pain to have to readdress everything instead of just hitting reply. And help would be grealty appreciated - Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 Server Thinks its authoritative for old domain
Recently 1 company "a" was spun off from company "b". company "a"s email domain was hosted on the same exchange server as company "b" When company "a" spun off we needed to seperate their email from company "b" so we built a new exchange server at company "a" site. We modified the MX record with the isp so it points to mail.companya.com. Removed the @companya.com address from the recipient policies. >From yahoo or other external email you can send email to someone@companya.com without a problem. And everyone at com...

Setting up e-mail without Exchange Server
Need some help here.... I want everytime a lead or an oppurtunity is created, an e-mail to be sent to a user... The problem is that i am not using an exchange e-mail server but an the e-mail server of my isp... I have created a rule in the Process Manager but where should i state the e-mail's server address? My best Regards Chris Hi Chris, You will be using SMTP to send mails out from the CRM server. You can configure the SMTP settings during the installation of the server. If you have already installed the server and want to specify the SMTP settings now, refer to http://sup...

Is it possible to search client/server rules across the entire dom
Basically my company wants to make sure that nobody has a rule in place that forwards company emails to an external account. Is it possible to search the exchange environment for rules? Thanks, Nick You can (and should, IMO) disable automatic replies and forwards to the Internet, an global setting. How you would do that depends on your version of Exchange, which you didn't bother to disclose. So you are welcome to search Google for "disable automatic replies to Internet Exchange 200x" where "200x" is your version of Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP &...

Server 2008 R2 Terminal Services stopped listening
Hello, I have a Win 2008 R2 server with the Remote Desktop Services role enabled. Remote users were using it with no problems until late this morning. Suddenly, all remote connections were refused. As far as I can tell, nothing new was added or changed when the problem occured. Looking at netstat -a, port 3389 is not listening. I have since rebooted and removed the Remote Desktop Services role and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. The Windows Services control panel shows all of the relevant services are running. All of the advice that I can find so far on the Internet s...

CRM 3.0 on 2008 Terminal Server
Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal server? I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the message "Windows 2000 SP4 and above supported" Simon I was under the impression that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server environment. However if you search the blogs, there is plenty of documentation and scripts on how to achieve this. "Simon" wrote: > Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal > server? > > I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the...

Can't find other users on exchange server to share calendar

HQ Client Server over VPN
In the HQ Client configuration, many of you state that the IP address should be entered for the remote server address in stead of server name. Which IP address is that when you are connecting from a laptop(HQ server) to PC inside the store (HQ client) over VPN? I could be accessing from home or Starbucks and the IP on the laptop changes. Also, since I connect to 2 stores, each store network assigns a different DHCP Ip to the laptop when connected via laptop. ...

What is a good anti virus for email which has low server hard disk overheads?
We have been using Trend Scanmail for about a year. Despite the fact that it was recommended to us, I have found it to be unsatisfactory. Firstly, it seems to hammer the disks - never a plus on Exchange where the hard disks are already over taxed; and secondly the (outsourced) support -which we have to pay a substantial addtional cost for- is frankly pathetic. It is up for renewal and I would like to replace it if there is something more appropriate. We already have a pretty tight system - email is scanned by Message Labs before it even reaches us, and then goes through Mailsweeper in our DMZ...

O2003/O2007: How to delete E-mail from server when I move it from Inbox (Netscape-style functionality)
Hello, all. We're using Netscape, and would like to switch to Outlook. However, there's a problem: Netscape has the option to [X] Leave messages on server .... [X] Until I delete or move them from Inbox. <------ Outlook does not seem to allow this option - only deleting messages from server when deleted from "Deleted Items" folder. Reason this is a problem: we need to keep all E-mails archived in local folders, on each computer. Deleting them is NOT an option. So, here's my question: Is it possible to set up Outlook to delete a message from server when ...

How to block "ESC" in my MFC program?
Dear All, My Dialog will close after pressing "ESC". How to block "ESC" in my MFC program? Many Thanks! Best Regards, Crystal Override OnCancel, and do not call the base class. Following MSDN article gives more info: How to Disable Default Pushbutton Handling for MFC Dialog Q122489 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Wing Yee" <linwingyee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OikMBShwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > My Dialog will close after pressing "ESC". How to block "ESC" in my MFC >...

Code to Query SQL Server with a parameter value (entered into an Input Box), and have that value also display in a selected cell on a worksheet
I'm wondering how BEST to accomplish this. I have a EXCEL workbook which populates data to, and retrieves data from SQL Server. I currently have VBA code which effectively sends the data from the EXCEL worksheet to SQL Server tables -- no problem with this. I currently have VBA code which effectively retrieves data from SQL Server and displays that data back into the worksheet -- no problem with this either. I'm currently using a Command Button (on-click event) and the code below to query SQL Server to determine the Max Version Number and add 1 to that value. This value is t...

Problem using CString with MFC and ATL
Hi, The application I'm working on uses only portable libs like ACE, stl, etc... but must use a 3rd party DLL which has a function of this kind: bool MyFunction(CString s); Basically CString is part of MFC, so I built a DLL with an stl interface which wraps the other, so my main application doesn't have to link with MFC. The corresponding wrapper looks like: bool MyWrapperFunction(std::string s) { return MyFunction(s.c_str()); } The compilation of my wrapper DLL is fine, but I have an error when linking: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declsp...