OnGetMinMaxInfo problem

Hi,
I added an OnMinMaxInfo() function to my dialog so i can set the minimum
tracking width and height for my dialog,
I added this prototype to my dialog class:

afx_msg void OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI);

Then I added this function to set the min and max values:

void CMessDlg::OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI)
{
 POINT min;
 min.x = 200;
 min.y = 200;
 lpMMI->ptMinTrackSize = min;
 CDialog::OnGetMinMaxInfo(lpMMI);
}

It compiles but i can still resize the dialog to a smaller width/height,
Any help would be apreciated :)
Thx in advance,
Thomas

0
Da_QuiK (10)
10/24/2003 12:24:31 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Thomas" <Da_QuiK@fake.email.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I added an OnMinMaxInfo() function to my dialog so i can set the minimum
> tracking width and height for my dialog,
> I added this prototype to my dialog class:
>
> afx_msg void OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI);
>
> Then I added this function to set the min and max values:
>
> void CMessDlg::OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI)
> {
>  POINT min;
>  min.x = 200;
>  min.y = 200;
>  lpMMI->ptMinTrackSize = min;
>  CDialog::OnGetMinMaxInfo(lpMMI);
> }
>
> It compiles but i can still resize the dialog to a smaller width/height,
> Any help would be apreciated :)
> Thx in advance,
> Thomas

After an hour of extra research i solved the problem,
thx anyway :o)

0
Da_QuiK (10)

Sorry for any misgivings . I discribe my problem again
A ISA driver , the AddDevice( ) function is below, / ******************************************************************************************************/ #define NT_DEVICE_NAME L"\\Device\\KDISA" #define DOS_DEVICE_NAME L"\\DosDevices\\KDISA" NTSTATUS AddDevice( IN PDRIVER_OBJECT pDriverObject , IN PDEVICE_OBJECT pdo ) { KdPrint( ("\n\n") ); KdPrint(( "Enter ISADispatchCreateDevice . \n\n")); NTSTATUS status = STATUS_SUCCESS; PDEVICE_OBJECT fdo; PISA_DEVICE_EXTENSION pdx; / **********************...

SQL Server Update Problems KB970892
Hopefully this will help someone. I am running XP Home. I also could not install the download many times (now I don't know how to get rid of that yellow shield on the bottom of the screen) but anyway: I checked back to see if the SQL Server 5 had indeed completely installed - it didn't and when trying to finish the install I found out that my RAM memory had to be increased (AGAIN) before the install could be completed. So off to see the Geek Squad to see about getting this done. Getting a mgs. of low virtual memory once is what led me find out this information. > ...

Problems when I reply to an email
When I Reply to an email, it seems to take 10 or 15 seconds for it to be sent. Then, the email I am sending is still on the screen, which, at first led me to believe it had not been sent, but it had. When I try to close it, I get a box asking if I want to save the changes to it. Even if I say yes, the window is still there, until I click close again. Why is all this happening? How do I just get the mail to be sent and not be on the screen any longer? Is this an IMAP mail account? Some people seem to be having similar problems with IMAP accounts. The issue may be related ...

Is Outlook auto responder security problem?
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 for inter office mail as well as outside contacts with trusted clients. When I post an "out of office" auto response is there anyway to prevent that from sending spammers and phishers my contact info (MAC, IP, e-mail addresses) so that they now have a valid target and info to spread to others like them? I don't think so. The goal is to filter the spam well enough that it never gets to your box. However consider that almost all of the return addresses are "fake",...so it isn't going back to the spammer anyway. Most of the time it...

Schedule service activity duration problem
I'm trying to increase the "Duration" time in the Schedule Service Activity screen to 15 days. Anything above 10 days and a message appears "The duration of this appointment is invalid". Any assistance would be appreciated. ...

I can access my files but there's a problem
I was able to access my money file and restore my backup from the 26th which was the last day I was able to access it. Everything is fine except for one strange thing. All of my balances for all of my accounts are about $628,743,688,565,700.00. Everywhere that a balance is shown in the program it has a number that is almost the same, within $100.00. When I click on the Account List icon, next to subtotal for my bank accounts and credit accounts it displays: ##err##. How the heck do I fix this? All of the information in each account is correct for deposits and withdrawals, but's i...

Email Template Problem
Hi, I'm having an issue with using email templates. When I try using them, the messages are sent just fine, except that the Greeting in the message contains my name (the sender) instead of the name of the person the email is going to. This happens on the built in templates that came with CRM as well as some that I have created. For example....I'm Dan, and if I send a message to Joe using a template, Joe would see something like this: Dear Dan, Welcome to CRM....blah blah blah. Sincerely, Dan The field that is auto populated after "Dear" is this: {!User:First Nam...

Copy/Paste problem
Applies to: Word 2003, Excel 2003 Environment: Windows XP Professional/Service Pack 3, AD network, user profile on workstation; user documents on network folder. Problem description: The user will be working on a document (workbook, if in Excel), and doing a lot of cut/paste or copy/paste operations within the document. This will work fine for a while, but then, for no obvious reason, the Office Clipboard will appear, and cut/paste or copy/paste appears to stop working. Inspection reveals that every cut or copy results in TWO items being placed on the clipboard, the first being ...

MID$, problem with comma
Hi, I've got a macro (in Access) with the following statement: strTradosValue = Mid$(strTradosValue, 23, 13) strTradosValue is a string that contains all kind of characters. I contains also a number (1,456 which is 1456, so not decimal). For some reason that isn't a problem on my computer, but on someon else's computer the Mid-function always stops after the '1', so befor the comma. Any idea where to look for a solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Transparency problem
I have a .jpg which consists of a circular object inside a rectangular white background. Using Photoshop Elements, I made the background transparent and it showed the background properly as a gray/white checkerboard. I then saved the new version of the .jpg with the transparent background under a new name. When I brought that .jpg into a Publisher file, I right clicked it and told publisher to wrap text around the object rather than the frame. However, this is not happening. Text is only wrapping around the outer rectangle, just as if I had not bothered to make ithe frame transparent. I...

Problems with POP3 and SMTP
We have an Exchange Server 5.5 and Outlook 2000 as client running on several computers with windows 95/98/me/2000/XP. The problem is Outlook shows this message "POP3 sever cannot be found". If I close Outlook and open it again, sometimes, it retrieve the incoming mails. Same happens with outgoing mail. I have check the POP3/STMP server when the error shows up and it's running fine. Notice that POP3 and STMP server have the same name: mail.domain.xxx.xx I'll appreciate any help. Thanks ...

That old #VALUE! problem
I have made up a spreadsheet that has lots of cells with IF formulas but I want the result of those cells to add up as a total. However, no matter how I try, the total cell keeps coming out with the dreaded #VALUE!. All the IF formulas are fine and work well but I need them all to add up but show nothing in the cell unless there is a value worked out in the original IF cells. Hope that's clear and that someone can help. I am using OFFICE2000. Nick What exactly is your formula? If you don't show us the formula that creates the problem we can't identify the problem, Any...

XMLDoc.Load problem
Hi! I'd like to know, how can I fix or ignore the XmlDocument Load or LoadXML error when the XML file is wrong (unended tag, missing start tag, missing "" from attribute ...), like IE Developer Toolbar or just a simple Browser? Thx! Hoszi Horv�th Szil�rd wrote: > I'd like to know, how can I fix or ignore the XmlDocument Load or > LoadXML error when the XML file is wrong (unended tag, missing start > tag, missing "" from attribute ...), like IE Developer Toolbar or just a > simple Browser? If the markup you are trying to load is not well-forme...

Problems closing Excel
Does anyone know why when I try open print preview or close my Excel programme it locks up the computer. just a suggestion: Try changing to a different printer driver. (You don't actually have to own that printer.) If that works, then I'd visit the "real" printer manufacturer and get the newest version of their driver. Sandy wrote: > > Does anyone know why when I try open print preview or > close my Excel programme it locks up the computer. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

Problem with creating user-only Start menu shortcuts in Vista
I have a problem which shows only on Windows Vista (Business Edition). I try to create programmatically (by using a well described method involving IShellLink and IPersistFile interfaces, and the appropriate interface methods) a sub-folder and several shortcuts for an individual user in the <Start menu/Programs> folder , but the shortcuts 'mysteriously' end up in the all users <Start menu/Programs> folder. To be more precise, the shortcuts should be created in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs \ProductName\ but instead they end up i...

How avoid format problems converting email to print newsletter?
I have a newsletter with about five two to three paragraph stories and a calendar of events. I want a quick way for online readers to read details about stories of interest from links in the email. I then want to use all the work I put into the email version to make a printable newsletter. Is this possible? Or should I go vice versa, working on the print version and converting it to email? I am almost considering a professional service to avoid the hassle of re-formatting. I can't do away with the print version altogether, but it is just not easy to read online for busy people who d...

NetSky Virus Spam Problem!!!
How you struggle against mass spam problem caused by NetSky mail virus? Exchange2000 or Exchange2003... Bad mail - 20-30Mb daily! (traffic...) NDR - queue 500-800 faked email addresses... (+retries) enormous DNS cache with domains for NetSky "NDR activity", which is the DNS for Exchange. Thanks to all for advises. P.S. Atempt to install IMF leads to bad practice of browsing in it's trash can, especially if the letter (not spam) to boss, somehow are passed there... (and you don't know about it...) I think we cannot save the money on Anti virus and anti spam priduct in th...

Problem Report on SOP Taxes and Printing Edit List
This is an issue that started since version 7.5 and has been identified as a Problem Report. However, up until now, there are no service packs, nor fixes. To recreate, here are the steps: 1. Create transaction in Sales Trx entry window, make sure taxes are calculated (with tax detail ID from the tax field) 2. Save the transaction in a batch, then print an edit list. 3. The first edit list is okay, print again the same transaction on an edit list, there will be an error already in the report (ie. Taxes are not fully distributed, errors in distribution accounts, etc..) 4. Pull up t...

problem restoring to RSG using backup exec 10.1
I have been on and off the phone with Veritas for over 2 weeks now and they still cannot resolve this issue. I have a couple of good backups of our Exchange Information Store and have been trying to resotre just one mailstore to the RSG adn each time get an error message of "The job failed with the following error: Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted. Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount the databases, and then retry the job." It appears that backup exec is trying to restore the store to the...

OMA and Windows Sharepoint Team Services
Hello, May be it would be usefull for someone. I've found a solution for one of "OMA blank page" problems. I have Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 and Windows Sharepoint Team Services installed. I can use OWA fine but when I go to the OMA address I get prompted for my login, and then I get a blank page. I've found an event: 1503: --------------------------------------------- An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source: mscorlib Stack trace: at System.Ty...

Problems with Cache mode after upgrade / install
I deployed and office 2003 install / upgrade via script. About 1/2 or more have problems opening email with cache mode enabled, it was enabled before with no issue. We get an error unable to open default folder. Once I uncheck cache mode works fine. I really need cache mode as my exchange server is off site. Is there a fix for flush / recreate my outlook cache file? Try recreating Outlook profile. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Adam" <Adam@discussions.micros...

System Manager Problems
Hi There. Im having a problem with Exchange System Manager running from a client. I have installed ADMINPAK and System Manager on the client and I can use the client to see the exchnage snapin. But when I try to change the "CLIENT PERMISSIONS" on a public folder I get a "LOGON FAILED" I have alsom tried to delegate myself exchnage admin rights on the exchange server but that did not help. Hope someone have an answer to this. Regards Michael Does the account that installed Exchange also have this problem? What about a new folder? I'd also make sure your not sca...

A problem with list boxes
I'm using Access 2003 and I've installed SP3 within the last couple of weeks. I've opened an Access database that I've been using for at least 3 or 4 years and have found every list box that I've previously set up are showing no records except for the bound column. I haven't edited this database and no one else uses it. I created a new blank form and rebuilt one of the blank list boxes and it also shows no records except in the bound column. Could the new service pack have caused this problem? I'm at a loss because I have 9 or 10 databases that I use and ...

publisher 2003 printing problem
I have just installed pub 2003 on my computer and now the borders become black boxes that take over the item it was bordering. When the border is removed the publication prints just fine. Any one had this problem and know the solution? anneliesas wrote: > I have just installed pub 2003 on my computer and now the > borders become black boxes that take over the item it was > bordering. When the border is removed the publication > prints just fine. Any one had this problem and know the > solution? There are *NO* printing issues that can be directly attributed to Publisher...