Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?

Hi
I have an mfc dialog based demo application.
I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's
context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions
to the registry.

Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu
displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user
clicks on it.

How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user
right clicked ?

Waiting for suggestions

Regards

0
davinder1 (74)
1/29/2004 9:26:48 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I have an mfc dialog based demo application.
>I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's
>context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions
>to the registry.
>
>Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu
>displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user
>clicks on it.
>
>How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user
>right clicked ?

It's passed to your application as a command line parameter - which
you can access via the __argc __argv global variables.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0
David Lowndes <davidl@example.invalid> wrote in message
> >I have an mfc dialog based demo application.
> >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's
> >context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions
> >to the registry.
> >
> >Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu
> >displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user
> >clicks on it.
> >
> >How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user
> >right clicked ?
>
> It's passed to your application as a command line parameter - which
> you can access via the __argc __argv global variables.
>
> Dave

davinder1 (74)
1/30/2004 1:03:22 PM
>I have tried to access in the InitInstance() the full pathname of file on
>whoz icon i right clicked but there was nothing in the argv command line
>parameter.
>argv[0] contained the Application Path

What's your registry association string? Do you have the "%1"
parameter?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0
davidl7375 (2060)
1/30/2004 4:34:22 PM
Hi there
Thanx for ur comments
This is how i m able to get my exe's entry in the Windows Context menu.

CRegKey key;

LONG a = key.Create(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, "*\\Shell");
if(a == ERROR_SUCCESS)
{
 LONG b = key.Close();
 if(b == ERROR_SUCCESS)
  {
   LONG c = key.Create(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, "*\\Shell\\Open My exe");
   if(c == ERROR_SUCCESS)
   {
    LONG d = key.SetValue("SPW1");
    if(d == ERROR_SUCCESS)

     LONG e = key.Close();
     if(e == ERROR_SUCCESS)
     {
      LONG l = key.Create(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, "*\\Shell\\Open My
exe\\Command");
      if(l == ERROR_SUCCESS)
      {
       LONG m = key.SetValue("G:\\Demo1.exe");
      }
     }
    }
   }
  }
 }
}

In the InitInstance() of my application the value of argc cmd line parameter
is 1 & argv[0] contains <Demo1.exe>
One more intresting fact is that when i when i drag a file/folder and drop
it on my exe's icon i m able to retrieve the path of the file that waz
dragged nd dropped.
Waiting for suggestions regards.
Davinder

> >I have tried to access in the InitInstance() the full pathname of file on
> >whoz icon i right clicked but there was nothing in the argv command line
> >parameter.
> >argv[0] contained the Application Path
>
> What's your registry association string? Do you have the "%1"
> parameter?
>
> Dave

davinder1 (74)
2/2/2004 5:28:12 AM
Shouldn't:

>       LONG m = key.SetValue("G:\\Demo1.exe");

be "G:\\demo1.exe %1" ?

Just check the setting using regedit and alter it and see what
happens.

>In the InitInstance() of my application the value of argc cmd line parameter
>is 1 & argv[0] contains <Demo1.exe>

If you were getting the path passed in, argc would be 2.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0
davidl7375 (2060)
2/2/2004 8:10:53 AM
As suggested i added %1 to "G:\\demo1.exe" in registry.

On desktop i right clicked on the file "abc.doc" & from the menu clicked on
the
second menu item<Demo1.exe>, i was given the "Program Not Found" dialog box
by the OS saying that "Windows cannot find demo1.exe".

Also the value of argc is 1 argv[0] contains "Demo1.exe".
I m not receiving the full path name of the file "abc.doc" in my mfc dialog
based application "Demo".

Then again i removed "%1" in registry. this time demo1.exe was executed.
but still argc count is 1.

What cud b the possible mistake
Waiting for suggestions

Regards

> Shouldn't:
>
> >       LONG m = key.SetValue("G:\\Demo1.exe");
>
> be "G:\\demo1.exe %1" ?
>
> Just check the setting using regedit and alter it and see what
> happens.
>
> >In the InitInstance() of my application the value of argc cmd line
parameter
> >is 1 & argv[0] contains <Demo1.exe>
>
> If you were getting the path passed in, argc would be 2.
>
> Dave

davinder1 (74)
2/3/2004 9:31:03 AM
As suggested i added %1 to "G:\\demo1.exe" in registry.

On desktop i right clicked on the file "abc.doc" & from the menu clicked on
the
second menu item<Demo1.exe>, i was given the "Program Not Found" dialog box
by the OS saying that "Windows cannot find demo1.exe".

Also the value of argc is 1 argv[0] contains "Demo1.exe".
I m not receiving the full path name of the file "abc.doc" in my mfc dialog
based application "Demo".

Then again i removed "%1" in registry. this time demo1.exe was executed.
but still argc count is 1.

What cud b the possible mistake
Waiting for suggestions

Regards

David Lowndes <davidl@example.invalid> wrote in message
> Shouldn't:
>
> >       LONG m = key.SetValue("G:\\Demo1.exe");
>
> be "G:\\demo1.exe %1" ?
>
> Just check the setting using regedit and alter it and see what
> happens.
>
> >In the InitInstance() of my application the value of argc cmd line
parameter
> >is 1 & argv[0] contains <Demo1.exe>
>
> If you were getting the path passed in, argc would be 2.
>
> Dave

davinder1 (74)
2/3/2004 9:31:03 AM
>As suggested i added %1 to "G:\\demo1.exe" in registry.

Make it "%1" so that paths with spaces won't be broken.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0
davidl7375 (2060)
2/3/2004 11:34:46 AM
Can you show us the part of your code in InitInstance() and the exact entry
in the registry?
What you want to do is not complicated and should works easily.

Normand

"Davinder" <davinder@stellarinfo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
uaxbepj6DHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> As suggested i added %1 to "G:\\demo1.exe" in registry.
>
> On desktop i right clicked on the file "abc.doc" & from the menu clicked
on
> the
> second menu item<Demo1.exe>, i was given the "Program Not Found" dialog
box
> by the OS saying that "Windows cannot find demo1.exe".
>
> Also the value of argc is 1 argv[0] contains "Demo1.exe".
> I m not receiving the full path name of the file "abc.doc" in my mfc
dialog
> based application "Demo".
>
> Then again i removed "%1" in registry. this time demo1.exe was executed.
> but still argc count is 1.
>
> What cud b the possible mistake
> Waiting for suggestions
>
> Regards
>

> David Lowndes <davidl@example.invalid> wrote in message
> > Shouldn't:
> >
> > >       LONG m = key.SetValue("G:\\Demo1.exe");
> >
> > be "G:\\demo1.exe %1" ?
> >
> > Just check the setting using regedit and alter it and see what
> > happens.
> >
> > >In the InitInstance() of my application the value of argc cmd line
> parameter
> > >is 1 & argv[0] contains <Demo1.exe>
> >
> > If you were getting the path passed in, argc would be 2.
> >
> > Dave
> > --
> > MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

0
NoEmail9920 (149)
2/3/2004 1:25:01 PM
Registry gets set as a result of the following code:
CMainFrame::CMainFrame()
{
 CRegKey key;
 LONG a = key.Create(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, "*\\Shell");
 if(a == ERROR_SUCCESS)
 {
   key.Close();
   LONG c = key.Create(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, "*\\Shell\\Open My exe");
    if(c == ERROR_SUCCESS)
    {
     LONG d = key.SetValue("Demo1");
     LONG e = key.Close();
     LONG l = key.Create(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, "*\\Shell\\Open My
exe\\Command");
      if(l == ERROR_SUCCESS)
      {
       LONG m = key.SetValue("G:\\Demo1.exe");
      }
     }
    }
   }
  }
 }
}
In the InitInstance() i have given the following code:
if(__argc > 1)
 {
   char cFile_Path[1000];
   memset(cFile_Path, 0x00, 1000);
  strcpy(cFile_Path, __argv[1]);
  AfxMessageBox(cFile_Path);
 }
The if() is not executed as the __argc count cums to be 1.

Waiting for suggestions.

Normand <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in message
> Can you show us the part of your code in InitInstance() and the exact
entry
> in the registry?
> What you want to do is not complicated and should works easily.
>
> Normand
>
> "Davinder" <davinder@stellarinfo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
> uaxbepj6DHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > As suggested i added %1 to "G:\\demo1.exe" in registry.
> >
> > On desktop i right clicked on the file "abc.doc" & from the menu clicked
> on
> > the
> > second menu item<Demo1.exe>, i was given the "Program Not Found" dialog
> box
> > by the OS saying that "Windows cannot find demo1.exe".
> >
> > Also the value of argc is 1 argv[0] contains "Demo1.exe".
> > I m not receiving the full path name of the file "abc.doc" in my mfc
> dialog
> > based application "Demo".
> >
> > Then again i removed "%1" in registry. this time demo1.exe was executed.
> > but still argc count is 1.
> >
> > What cud b the possible mistake
> > Waiting for suggestions
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > David Lowndes <davidl@example.invalid> wrote in message
> > > Shouldn't:

> > > be "G:\\demo1.exe %1" ?
> > >
> > > Just check the setting using regedit and alter it and see what
> > > happens.

> > parameter
> > >
> > > If you were getting the path passed in, argc would be 2.
> > >
> > > Dave
> > > --
> > > MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

0
davinder1 (74)
2/4/2004 7:57:43 AM
Daviner,

I tried your prb. and it works fine.

The registry looks like this

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open MyApp\Command]
@="D:\\MyApp.exe \"%1\""

The code in the InitInstance of my Dialog app is as follows

 MessageBox(0, __argv[1], "MyApp", 0);

Now whenever I right click a file and select 'Open MyApp' the message box
shown the full path of the file clicked.

Santosh

"Davinder" <davinder@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message
> As suggested i added %1 to "G:\\demo1.exe" in registry.
>
> On desktop i right clicked on the file "abc.doc" & from the menu clicked
on
> the
> second menu item<Demo1.exe>, i was given the "Program Not Found" dialog
box
> by the OS saying that "Windows cannot find demo1.exe".
>
> Also the value of argc is 1 argv[0] contains "Demo1.exe".
> I m not receiving the full path name of the file "abc.doc" in my mfc
dialog
> based application "Demo".
>
> Then again i removed "%1" in registry. this time demo1.exe was executed.
> but still argc count is 1.
>
> What cud b the possible mistake
> Waiting for suggestions
>
> Regards
>

> David Lowndes <davidl@example.invalid> wrote in message
> > Shouldn't:
> >
> > >       LONG m = key.SetValue("G:\\Demo1.exe");
> >
> > be "G:\\demo1.exe %1" ?
> >
> > Just check the setting using regedit and alter it and see what
> > happens.
> >
> > >In the InitInstance() of my application the value of argc cmd line
> parameter
> > >is 1 & argv[0] contains <Demo1.exe>
> >
> > If you were getting the path passed in, argc would be 2.
> >
> > Dave
> > --
> > MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

0
santoshmp (7)
2/5/2004 12:45:06 AM
Hi santosh i know it is a very simple thing but some how i m not getting it.
Is it possible for u to me a small demo programe on my mail account.

Regards

Santosh M. P. <santoshmp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Daviner,
>
> I tried your prb. and it works fine.
>
> The registry looks like this
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open MyApp\Command]
> @="D:\\MyApp.exe \"%1\""
>
> The code in the InitInstance of my Dialog app is as follows
>
>  MessageBox(0, __argv[1], "MyApp", 0);
>
> Now whenever I right click a file and select 'Open MyApp' the message box
> shown the full path of the file clicked.
>
> Santosh
>

> "Davinder" <davinder@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message
> > As suggested i added %1 to "G:\\demo1.exe" in registry.
> >
> > On desktop i right clicked on the file "abc.doc" & from the menu clicked
> on
> > the
> > second menu item<Demo1.exe>, i was given the "Program Not Found" dialog
> box
> > by the OS saying that "Windows cannot find demo1.exe".
> >
> > Also the value of argc is 1 argv[0] contains "Demo1.exe".
> > I m not receiving the full path name of the file "abc.doc" in my mfc
> dialog
> > based application "Demo".
> >
> > Then again i removed "%1" in registry. this time demo1.exe was executed.
> > but still argc count is 1.
> >
> > What cud b the possible mistake
> > Waiting for suggestions
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > David Lowndes <davidl@example.invalid> wrote in message
> > > Shouldn't:

> > > be "G:\\demo1.exe %1" ?
> > >
> > > Just check the setting using regedit and alter it and see what
> > > happens.

> > parameter
> > >
> > > If you were getting the path passed in, argc would be 2.
> > >
> > > Dave
> > > --
> > > MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

0
davinder1 (74)

Importing into Excel from a Text file
We have a text database of about 7,000 rings. It is in a fixed format. Unfortunately some where we have about 4 or five rings whose format is screwed up. We figured by importing to Excel, we should be able to find where the records are to fix them. But, we just can't get the following format to import into excel. If anyone can help us, we sure would appreciate it! Thank you Greg Gates www.ringdesigner.com Each record begins with Begin Product Each record endswith EndProduct a semicolin seperates each record Also there are para symbols at the end of every line Herer are a...

hyperlink to existing excel file
When I create a hyperlink to an existing excel file and then click on it, explorer opens to the folder that the file is in instead of the excel file opening. Just to test I pointed it to a word document and the doc file opened fine. How do I get a hyperlink to open the excel file? Thanks. Are you sure it isn't to the folder instead. Only way I can reproduce that is if I select the folder instead of the file when I create the hyperlink. As expected if I use a hyperlink to a particular file it will open.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "purplehaz" <software@for.me> wrote i...

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

Save for Web (.htm) file
I have two similarly structured XLS file. One file "A" is much longer...perhaps 2000 rows long...when saved as a htm file it is around 500KB. I take another XLS spreadsheet that looks like the same structure...rows and colums...only about 560 rows...when I save this as webpage .htm it ends up being 11.2MB. What the heck happened? How do I get it down in size. There is no apparent reason why a smaller file ends up being 11 time larger that the smaller file when saved! Thanks, --confused ...

How to extract public folders to disk?
Hi is there any way to extract public folders to file system. Regards, Vasily On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 23:22:01 -0700, Vasily <Vasily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >is there any way to extract public folders to file system. Copy to a pst via Outlook. > >Regards, >Vasily thank you, but let me specify more clearly - we need to extract the whole public folders structure (including files) and then upload it to SharePoint. "Andy David {MVP}" wrote: > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 23:22:01 -0700, Vasily > <Vasily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

point exchange to a different priv1.edb file
I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive. I know that exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the file isn't already there. Is there a way to have exchange point to a different priv1.edb and use it? On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:31:01 -0700, Han <Han@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive. I know that >exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the >file isn't already there. > >Is there a way to have exchange point to a differ...

Duplicate contact folder
Using Outlook XP (2002). When creating a new email and I click on To:, I get two 'contact' folders. When viewing the Outlook folders list in 'normal' node, there is only one contact folder?! How do I remove the duplicate folder so that it doesn't appear when I click on To:? TIA Maurice Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:7HADb.1362$tQ6.19788@ward...

Exchange folders
I am having difficulty discovering how to send a document to an exchange folder in Excel XP 2007. I cannot see the phrase or Icon on the Excel options, customize and all commands. ...

Hyperlink Error
I have a hyperlink set-up for a netwrok file. It works fine, but when the file is copied the hyperlin chages to the folder that the file has been copied to. original link - L:\folder\folder\file Changes to - C:\file How can I get it to keep the original link? Justin ...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

moving all incoming mail to deleted items folder
We are trying to setup students who graduate from our school so that any incoming mail will be forwarded to a new address and if they have not setup a forwarding address, their incoming mail will be deleted with an out of office reply sent to the sender indicating that the user is no longer a student and has not setup forwarding. Graduated students would also not have OWA enabled as well. The one thing that seems hard to do is to create a rule that will move all incoming mail to the deleted items folder. Does anyone know of how to have all incoming mail subject to a rule to move to deleted ...

Exchange 2k3 Public Folders/NNTP
Another newbie query - have tried to create an NNTP feed (so that I can monitor these newsgroups) and have managed a peer to peer pull arrangement with outbound posting. However, having got almost all of the way, I have the sub folders in Internet Newsgroups, but no posts have appeared. I also note that I am unable to delete these newsgroup folders, even as administrator on the server machine - it seems that the only owner is the Exchange server itself. What am I missing here - it must be something obvious?!! TIA Steve ...

overwritten file
I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this document? Sorry, no. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "mark" <mark@mwts.cc> wrote in message news:4c7501c356ae$89ae8500$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not > have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this > document? Backup file is pretty much his only option if one exists. Has he perhaps sent the file anywhere else that he can get a copy back from, or if so he could possibly still have a ...

Can't delete a personal folder
Hello. My problem is that I somehow ended up with an extra personal folder and I simply can't delete it. I've tried moving the .PST file and creating a different one. No luck. I've even uninstalled outlook 2000 three times to no avail. After I uninstalled it I looked in "My Documents and Settings" where Outlook and other applications leave data behind and I deleted everything that I found but that didn't work either. I reinstalled Outlook 2000 and there was my Personal Folder again! When I click on the properties and I try to close it it says "Ob...

File Size #4
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 Is there a reason that Publisher files keep growing in size? We have a weekly bulletin with some static information and some information that changes from week to week. On Monday, we open last week's publication, delete the no-longer-relavent text boxes and pictures, and add new text boxes and pictures for the current week. That has been our standard practice. I just noticed that the file size is increasing exponentially which leads me to believe that even though I delete things, there is still some sort of "ghost" material left in the...

Preventing Excel files from being moved or deleted
What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an Excel file on a network? This is more of an network operating system setting question. I would think putting the file on a share that the users only had readonly access would be enough. But this would mean that the users could still copy (not move) the file. And they wouldn't be able to update the workbook. bg500 wrote: > > What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an > Excel file on a network? -- Dave Peterson All explained in Start>Help and Support "p...

Windows Easy Transfer won't load files?
I ran Windows Easy Transfer on my laptop with Windows 7 RC1 to save and move my profile data because Win 7 RC is shutting down. I am trying to install the Windows Easy Tranfer data to Windows Vista Business. Each time I try it won't read the file but keep asking for the drive with the data to be loaded. I tried a test by moving the the data (.MIG) files out of the folder I saved them to and put them in the root of the drive but that didn't help. I tried a test of copying the files to the root of C: and now it actually sees the file for the short test at home I trying in t...

publisher 97 won't import a file graph of acceptable quality.
To MSFT: Let me try this again. I have Pub 97 that I must use for writing a manual. I try to import a black and white graphic-a chart, in jpeg or gif or whatever,but the graphic is of such poor quality that it can not be used. This only happens in my Publisher program. I have tried to change the adapter accerleration reading, but it does not help. Does anyone else have this problem with the older version of Pub 97? Do you have this problem with later versions of Publisher? Any ideas are appeciated. Check your graphics filters. Might have some corruption going on. They are in a folder sim...

List of File Extensions
Is there a list somewhere that contains the file extensions used in Office 2003 applications? I need to backup files before re-installing my OS. These include files that store settings, customizations, macros, Outlook address books, etc. ...

Making Design Gallery Objects available to other files in publishe
Hello, I created some custom objects and saved them to the Design Gallery, and they did appear under My Objects. However, I saved the file and opened up a new one and to my shock My Objects was empty. I opened the earlier file where I created and saved the objects and they were still there. Does this mean that the Design Gallery if file-specific and not saved in a Publisher Application file for use in other .pub files? Perhaps that is the default setting that can be changed later. Please help me on this matter. Thank you in advance for your support. Alcide <Alcide@discussions.micr...

Outlook 2000 and purging IMAP folders
I recently signed up with an outside mail provider and their default configuration is to use IMAP, not POP3. That was fine, but I just learned about this problem: My email client (Outlook 2000) doesn't purge deleted items from the server. Earlier this week one of my clients had sent me about 25 MB of attachments, and they bounced today. Turns out that my mail was over its quota of 100 MB. (I got this service so I would *never* run out of room!) The mail service admin told me today that most email clients can send an instruction back to the server to "purge" deleted items fr...

C1030AF1 when trying to expand Public Folders
Hello, My company is using Win2003 Small Business Server with Exchange 2003. I recently started with the company and since day one I have not been able to do any administration work with Public Folders. Every time I try to expand Public Folders in Exchange System Manager I get a "Requested Operation Forbidden C1030AF1". I have tried every KB and Technet article. Searched all over the web and in these newsgroups and still have not found a sollution to this issue. If anyone else has run into this issue and found a solution I would greatly appreciate any advice you can of...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

Public Folder and Virtual Root
Could somebody tell me what the following error means? and how to go about solving it? Event Type: Warning Event Source: NNTPSVC Event Category: None Event ID: 101 Date: 6/1/2004 Time: 8:47:46 PM User: N/A Computer: INTLOC Description: The server was unable to add the virtual root '/' for the directory '/Internet Newsgroups' due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect. The data is the error code. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 57 00 00 00 W... Thanks in advance Hi H...

properly creating Personal Folders
I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included book, it stated three licences were included. I assume that I am able to create three Persanol File Folders in OutLook. I am hoping to keep organized by creating; one for myself, one fordaughter and another for my mother. If I am not correct, please inform me and if I am correct, would you kindly instruct me on how I create the different Personal File Folders. Thank you File > New > Outlook Data File Your license will not affect how many PST files you can create. You might also want to consider creating...