Numbers for ID's in resource.h file

My VC++ solution has 10 projects with 40 .rc files. I want to assign unique ID's to the ID's in resource.h files as there are many duplicates. So got a ResOrg.Net tool. I ran this tool which generated unique numbers for the IDs. But my application is not launching, something went wrong. I don't know what??
Can anybody help.

Also I want to allot some range ID's for all the projects.
eg. Proj 1 -> 1 - 1000
Proj 2 -> 1001 - 2000
etc....

Will there be a problem if I try alloting the ID's in this manner?

0
PRJ (86)
8/2/2004 6:25:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PRJ wrote:

>My VC++ solution has 10 projects with 40 .rc files. I want to assign unique ID's to the ID's in resource.h files as there are many duplicates. So got a ResOrg.Net tool. I ran this tool which generated unique numbers for the IDs. But my application is not launching, something went wrong. I don't know what??
>Can anybody help.

Did you rebuild all?

>Also I want to allot some range ID's for all the projects.
>eg. Proj 1 -> 1 - 1000
>Proj 2 -> 1001 - 2000
>etc....
>
>Will there be a problem if I try alloting the ID's in this manner?

No, but see this article for ranges you should use, plus ranges you must not
step into, which could also impact on your "something went wrong" statement:

TN020: ID Naming and Numbering Conventions
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_MFCNOTES_TN020.asp

(Note that IDs for controls in different dialogs in the same program can
have the same values, as a dialog control ID makes sense only for that
dialog.)

--
Doug Harrison
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

Sequentially numbered Purchase orders
In the past with Office 97. I used a purchase order template that would basically self number itself. when it opened a small box would appear and by clicking it the PO received a unique number. How can I accomplish this using Office XP. ...

Unique ID's
I have set up a new spreadsheet with pupil's achievement levels in different subjects. Each subject data is stored on a separate sheet. Each pupil has a unique ID - which is on each sheet. Is there any way I can set up excel to combine the results of one pupil acheivements in all subject areas. i.e. will excel look on each separate sheet and locate the results for a particular pupil - if so - how? Any help gratefully received. Here's one set-up to try .. Link to a sample file at: http://www.savefile.com/files/2254808 ExtractingFromMultipleSheets_UniqueIDs_JillCurly_newusers.xls ...

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

automatically naming files for savingb

Adding up negative numbers only
Ok, let me try to explain this problem. I have several cells a1 throug a10. Each cell has a number, for ex. $10.00, ($5.00),etc. , sometime this number is positive, sometimes it is negative. I want to only ad all of the negative numbers in cells a1:a10 and put a total in cel a11. How can I do this? Thanks Ton -- tonydep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tonydepo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26928 =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0&quo...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Sequential Numbering
I would like to know the formula for making a cell be able to do sequential numbering such as for purchase orders. Tom, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html And if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting start...

Automatic Number Sequence
I would like to make a form in excel that automatically generates a number of the form in one of the cells. How can I go about doing this, that everytime I print a sheet it automatically generates a new number in the sequence? I have tried playing around with macros and it doesn't seem to change, only stay at a specific number. Is there an easier formula that this can be done with or do I have to use macro's and how do I do it with macro's if that's what's required?? It's a product information form for new products that need entering into the system. Hi Awissa, ...

Inserting dashes to an existing number
Hi, I am trying to create a formula that will divide this ten digit numbe into the following dashes. Here is the number 1234000999 I need the dashes to be inserted in thi format 1234-000-999. What is the appropriate formula. Thanks for your help. Dinahros -- dinahros ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dinahrose's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1334 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26643 Why not just custom format right click on selection>format>number>custom...

Number Rows on a report?
It would be anice addition if I could add numbers (a count) in front of each row on my filtered report. Any easy way to do this. I was thinking an unbound text box with something in the control source - I just don't know the something :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:07:27 -0700, Dave wrote: > It would be anice addition if I could add numbers (a count) in front of each > row on my filtered report. > > Any easy way to do this. > > I was thinking an unbound text box with something in the control source - I > just...

How do I change the default number format ?
The current number format is general. I would like to change it to accounting with no $ and 2 decimals. I can't seem to find how. I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thank you. Hi. You would want to change the definition of the "Normal" style. From the menu: Format | Style... And modify the "Normal" style HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "LarryH" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA38F73B-D938-4EB7-804F-6716C292E3E3@microsoft.com... > The current number format is general. I would like to...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

Removing Hyphens from a Number
I have a huge database of numbers (several thousand) with hyphens in them and I want to remove the hyphens in some automated fashion. For instance: 42-291-32455 change to 4229132455 Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a formula to put number in an adjacent cell =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Trebor249 >" <<Trebor249.zxxy0@excelforum-nos...

'Text' instead of number
I have spent two days manipulating data (about 300,000 cells' worth) I imported as Fixed-Width (from MAS-90, if anyone cares). The final step involves multiplying two numbers. The POSITIVE numbers imported fine, the NEGATIVE numbers imported as X.000- and give me a #VALUE! error when I use any math function with them. I have tried the Trimall macro. I am guessing that somehow Excel thinks the '-' is a DASH and not a negative... How do I change that???? See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/postfixnegatives.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- &g...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

want to display number when = zero
Hello, I am creating a report but find problem in number display when the value = 0. When I've amended the format as "#,##0.00", it was automatically changed to "Standard" and displayed blank on report preview. Kindly please advise what should I do in order to display as 0.00 or 0 instead. Many thanks. Try this: #,##0.00;-#,##0.00;0;; -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Mary" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:e6$NPk%23iHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, I am creating a report but find problem in number display when the ...

auto numbering spread throughout a document
I have word 2007. I'm working on a process memo with numbered steps. The steps are auto numbered. Within this document also have a series of internal controls that are numbered: "internal control 1.", "internal control 2." etc. Is there a way for me to auto number "internal control" so that each time I have to add one to my document it's automatically number and if I remove one it renumbers? These internal controls appear throughout the document and do have a specific formatting. Does this make sense? Thanks Create a Style for ...

number of seconds timer
hi, I want to be able to count from 1 to 120 seconds in a cell when i start the macro, and then stop when i get to 120 - what is the best way of doing this. Hope you can help. Thaanks This pauses the macro for 120 seconds while other events are allowed to occur. t = Timer + 120 Do While Timer < t DoEvents Loop "sdg8481" <sdg8481@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50697DEE-D81B-4B4D-839E-FDBED6F85BB2@microsoft.com... > hi, > > I want to be able to count from 1 to 120 seconds in a cell when i start > the >...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...

Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt. Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do with Money to get this to work? I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually! -Max Max, The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting from Capital One that Money is choking on. I've run in to the same issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it by hand. Search for &qu...