NT service help.

I had a NTservice in c++ that running but it missing the description on
service manager.
Can any one give me a hint on this one?
0
ttan (17)
4/18/2006 11:46:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The description comes the the Registry entry that names the service.  You have to set the
DisplayName property of the service when you install it.
					joe

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:46:02 -0700, ttan <ttan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had a NTservice in c++ that running but it missing the description on
>service manager.
>Can any one give me a hint on this one?
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
4/19/2006 1:55:36 AM
Class CNTService construction/destruction:
CNTService :: CNTService( LPCTSTR lpServiceName, LPCTSTR lpDisplayName )
	: m_lpServiceName(lpServiceName)
	, m_lpDisplayName(lpDisplayName ? lpDisplayName : lpServiceName)
initial:
CNTService(TEXT("BeepService"), TEXT("Beepining Service (beepservice.exe)"))

In install I had:
SC_HANDLE schSCManager =	OpenSCManager(0, 0,	 SC_MANAGER_ALL_ACCESS);
if( schSCManager )
{
  SC_HANDLE schService = CreateService(schSCManager,
			m_lpServiceName,
			m_lpDisplayName,
			m_dwDesiredAccess,
			m_dwServiceType,
			m_dwStartType,
			m_dwErrorControl,
			szPath,
			m_pszLoadOrderGroup,
			((m_dwServiceType == SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER || m_dwServiceType ==
SERVICE_FILE_SYSTEM_DRIVER) && (m_dwStartType == SERVICE_BOOT_START ||
m_dwStartType == SERVICE_SYSTEM_START)) ? &m_dwTagID : 0,
m_pszDependencies, m_pszStartName, m_pszPassword);

How do I insert the code for service description in this code?  Right now in
the service manager it showed:
Name: Beepining Service (beepservice.exe)
Descrition: n/a
Startup Type: Automatic
Log On As: Local System.

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> The description comes the the Registry entry that names the service.  You have to set the
> DisplayName property of the service when you install it.
> 					joe
>
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:46:02 -0700, ttan <ttan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I had a NTservice in c++ that running but it missing the description on
> >service manager.
> >Can any one give me a hint on this one?
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com
> NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth

0
ttan (17)

Marsh modfAutoSizeTextBoxMulti help!
Hi Marsh, I was testing the modfAutoSizeTextBoxMulti you modified for me a couple days ago and there is only one thing the I have to ask you. When I add a new record and start to type something the function does not fire. In other word in the very first time you insert a text in the box it does not resize itself. Try to add a new record and you'll see what I mean. I tried to use the On open event in the same way you used the Change event, but it does not seem to work. Could you help in that again? Stefano. ...

please help dist list
all: upper management just asked for a dist list with 6 members as to: recipients and 3 members as cc: recipients. running exch2k3 sp1 know how to create dist list and add members but i dont see any way to distinguish who is to and who is cc is there any method for that? any ideas? Thanks Ed no...you'd need to create two different distribution groups... "EdMull51" <EdMull51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EC90F83-840B-43B9-99D1-9816056659BE@microsoft.com... > all: > > upper management just asked for a dist list with 6 membe...

Dynamics GP 9 Order Creation via Web Services
I am creating a new Sales Order via GP 9 Web Services' CreateSalesOrder() call, which does not return the Id of the newly-created order. What is the easiest way to retrieve the order I just created with this call? Thanks, Jess Chadwick You can use the GetSalesOrderList operation and restrict the criteria using the date that you created the slaes order. This will give you a list that you can loop over until you find the one that you want. You can also provide the number that you want the system to use for the sales order, that way you know ahead of time what the number is. -- ...

BadMail Delete HELP!
My information stor was dismounted do to the lack of hard drive space and I beleve it is due to the badmail folder I tryied to delete the badmail by going into the folder and selecting all of the files and deleteing them but when I go into the folder it won't show me the file it says searching for files and that has been going on for hours now. I also tried to delete them by going to a CMD pormpt and navigating to the badmail folder and doing a del *.* and that didn't work. Does anybody have any idea how I can remove all of these file. Thanks, Jason. Rename badmail to badmai...

Help needed reactivating Journal.
At work I use MS Outlook 2000 SR1 in a Corporate or Workgroup environment. I believe that originally this was supplied with Journal enabled, but that I have at some point in the dim and distant past removed Journal from the Outlook sidebar, since at the time I never used it. I now have a situation where I might want to use it, but I cannot see how to restore it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Assuming that I can restore it can Journal be made to work with contacts in the Global Address List as opposed to my Contacts folder? If so how? If not can I somehow automatically Import the ...

Priority on Service Call
Where does the Priority field default from on the Service Call Entry/Update screen. I'm unable to find the setup screen that specifies the Priority Code to use when GP creates a new Service Call. Thanks It defaults from the debtor card if set-up. "jav" wrote: > Where does the Priority field default from on the Service Call Entry/Update > screen. I'm unable to find the setup screen that specifies the Priority Code > to use when GP creates a new Service Call. > > Thanks What is the debtor card? "Chris B" wrote: > It defaults from the de...

the attached files cant be opened....help pls!
Hi, morning One of my client got a trouble to use Outlook 2003 to send the attachment.. She forwarded a PDF attachment to another guy, the file is changed to DAT format when the guy received it. Any idea i need to configure the Outlook 2003 or completely out of my control...help pls. Cheers, Jason Have the user switch to plain text or HTML and resend the file. Outlook Rich Text Format produces winmail.dat files that contain the formatting that only Outlook and Eudora can interpret. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to...

When I go to send a new email I get large fonts? Need help ASAP
When I go to Microsoft Outlook 2003 I start a new e-mail, I get large fonts. I do not get the normal 12 pt, I am getting about 28 pt. How can I get rid of this ignoring font? ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Online Help update available for Download
Hi All! The Microsoft Dynamics CRM content development team responds to the documentation feedback entered at the bottom of every Online Help page in Microsoft CRM. This feedback is incorporated into regular updates that are available on the Microsoft Download Center. An update was just posted this week that contains changes based on customer and partner feedback during the months of December and January. You can download it at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=309129a8-9a6b-478a-87c8-fd7e7e1e6486&DisplayLang=en. Good luck! Crystal L. Smithwick Microsoft Dyn...

Need help on Probablility problem
I have a problem for class i cant figure out how to do this is it: I have to create a worksheet that displays the percentage of peopl having the same birthday and the percentage of them having differen birthdays. My problem is i have no idea what formula to use to ge these percentages for each amount of people. If anyone can help i would be greatly appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide ...

Exchange Server Services Fails to Start
I have a problem with Exchange Server. The Exchange Services have stopped and cannot be restarted. It gives an Error 1068, which says dependent services have not started. I checked dependOnService in the registry. It was already started. I stopped and restared the service, but it did not solve the problem. I am still getting the same error message. Any solutions or suggestions?. We are using Exchange 5.5 With SP 4 and Windows NT 4.5 Can you define "the exchange services"? Which specific services will not start? Did the password for the Exchange Service Account get changed or...

Macro help needed
all, thanks for any response. I would like to make a macro to take the contents of 3 columns of 20 numbers and letters, and combine them into one column to form a serial number.....this is relevant for a label making program that allows an Excel import. for example A1 Port1 KVM would turn into A1-Port1-KVM any help is appreciated. -- Rich........ my AOL instant messenger shhhbalto use this link to donate a calling card to our troops https://thor.aafes.com/scs/product.aspx?cid=2 this site helps our wounded soldiers adapt http://www.homesforourtroops.org/pages/4/index.htm Fr...

Help with text function
I need a function to help return the first name of a text sting that contains last name,first name, midlle initial. For instance for "Walker,Catrina L" I need to return "Catrina" Terrence Are you absolutely, positively certain that EVERY text string contains the sequence LastName, FirstName MiddleInitial? Cher, for example, ... .... or Jean Claude van Damm .... or Billy Bob Thorton If you can, without question, state that every text string has a single comma in it, placed between the LastName and FirstName (hmmm, what about John Doe, Jr. ... ...

Worksheet to workbook link
I have a workbook where I need to insert a new worksheet every week(same format every week). This is a weekly report for finance of my company. I have cretaed a "data" spreadhseet to show the affect of profit and loss on a weekly basis. I am trying to create a link between the cells in the "data" worksheet and the new worksheets that I will be adding every week. the "data worksheet is where all the information is to be stored for graphs etc... What I would like to do is create a formula in the Data worksheet so I can just add the new worksheet and all the informa...

Lost/help not finding the correct terminology questions for help
I am building a simple work book My first row where my titles need to be are 2 rows tall to enter my data. Typing always starts at the bottom left hand corner I want typing to start at top left corner so I can enter my 2 rows of data?? 2nd question: My wk. book is 6 colums, 36 rows. I enter text in 5 colums and a number figure in colum F, example 10.5 question.. as I enter these number figures dailey I would like them to automatically add the running the total in cell 36 F is this possible?? -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Thank-you Carl R Hi Carl, Q1 Setting a row to dou...

HTML Help Workshop
Our HTML Help Workshop is dated 1999 and does not match the current HTML Help Work documentation. Our HTML Help Workshop version is 4.74.8702.0. This version is also reffered to as version 1.3 What we want is HTML Help Workshop version 1.4 or later. We hope that version 1.4 will match the current HTML Help documentaion at the MSDN website Please let us know where on the internet we can download a newer version of HTML Help Workshop. Try the following link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&DisplayLang=en -- Cheers Check A...

Help with delete
Just started using publisher (2007). I have imported a large word file and would like to delete a page. I follow the instructions -> edit -> delete page but I get a message saying that the page contains objects - do i want to delete anyway, when I click yes - nothing happens, and nothing is deleted! What am I doing wrong? -- Cheers Barry Is the file text? Are the text boxes linked? How many pages does the file have? Have you tried right-clicking a page tab and deleting? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Combobox to listbox data help
I have a combobox where I want the data from the choice in the combobox to go to a listbox. Now this works on the first selection, but when I change back and forth between combobox choices it stays on the first selection like its locked into place. Essentially how do I get the listbox to reflect whatever choices I have in the combobox? Here is my code. The two tables are linked together fine. ProductName = Item (subclass) CategoryID = Class of item Item = combobox name SELECT DISTINCT Products.ProductName, Products.CategoryID FROM Products WHERE (((Products.CategoryID)=[forms]![frmMainForm]!...

Help with Receipts
I am trying to modify a 40 column receipt to have more than 5 footer lines. When i edited the xml file (i just copy and pasted lines of code to add more footers). I go into the properties of the xml file and the extra lines are there. When i try to print a receipt it doesn't print anything after the 5th line. Any help would be appreciated. hi Justin, Yes it will work, I am sure that you created the 5th as variable to print. and also added this to printfooter section. once everything is done then you need to Go to SO Manager | Database | Registers | Receipt Format and Select t...

Need Exchange Server 5.5 HELP!!!
Is it possible to setup an Exchange 5.5 Server on top of 2000 Advanced Server without any major difficulties. I have a client that wants to move all their Exchange 5.5 info from NT Server to 2000 Advanced Server. Any issues with Active Directory that I should know about. Was wondering if anyone might be able to direct me to a web site that discusses migration issues. My very basic understanding is that I can export a .pst file to save all personal and employee directories and then just import them on to the new install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even though I am an MCSE wit...

How can this Micro customized. Please help
Sub Names() For Each cll In Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Columns("A:B")) If Len(cll.Value) < 4 And cll.Value <> "" Then cll.Value = Left(cll.Value & ",,,,", 4) cll.Value = UCase(cll.Value) Next cll End Sub This is an old micro which works perfectly. I need help to make two changes into it. 1. Column A and B are text column for names, instead of capital letters I want those column in sentence case i.e. ANDREW into Andrew. (Everything else should stay the same, comas to make it four if characters are less than four) 2. Colu...

word document not letting me type anything ..help please!
son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyone help? Can you select text? If so, the simplest thing would be to just select everything (ctr + A) and copy and paste it into a new document. There are some other things you could try if that doesn't work. Which version of Word are you using? "lizzydove" wrote: > son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add > more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyo...

Downloading financial data from Bank of America Investment Service
Hello all, I tired downloading my financial data today and I gfot a message from Money 05 that BofA Investment services did not recognize my password. I tested it on the website directly and it worked. I went back to Money 05, and it asks me for a new password. I type it in and then I get a message: password cannot contain letter... Where is hades did MS Money get that data from? Certainly the bank is ok with it... Any tips on how to get around this (besdes changing my password to suit money). It is definitly the little things like this that will push me the Quicken. cheers I just...

workbook macro help #2
Hello there, I would like some help with a macro that I need to run in a workbook. this is the macro. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Columns("A:Z").EntireColumn.AutoFit End Sub what or how do I get it to work for every worksheet in the workbook, I currently place the macro in each worksheet which is very time consuming. Is there a way to place the macro in the workbook so all worksheets have the autofit macro? regards Ditchy Hi ditchy, Try putting the following code into the ThisWorkbook module (replace the names of the sheets to single out as ...

Help with Annoyances
I have two annoyances that I can't seem to get rid of in Outlook 2003: 1. Locking the toolbars; the Standard and Menu toolbars alwys move around; I'd like to "lock" them in place; is there anywhere to do this? 2. Custom toolbar removal; everytime i start Outlook 2003, the PDFMaker custom toolbar appears; when I Customize => select the toolbar, Delete, it works for the session only and next time I start Outlook it reappers; how do I get rid of this? Any assistance greatly appreciated! smoovee <smoovee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have two annoyanc...