NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.4.8 for Windows/Linux/Unix released

Download page:

http://rapidshare.com/files/118192521/NewsMaestro_4.4.8_Src.zip

(Hit Free button to download. For some download managers
you need to open the .html file it downloaded to do actual download.)

* Documentation update.
* Bug fix in Archive 2 HTML generator while doing ReChapter.

News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically
performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in
various RFCs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of
groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to
select the articles to be processed.

As an automated tool to do anything you can imagine,
there is nothing even remotely close to it in terms of power,
flexibility, configurability, reliability, robustness,
multi-purpouseness, user friendliness and ease of use.

As a research and educational tool, it is unmatched
by anything out there. The precision with which the
information can be extracted, reduces the noise in
the information stream by orders of magnitude.
The same applies to precision of re-posting the
important information from your existing archives.

With the most complete help system, you can be up and
running within minutes. Just don't rush to push that
Do It button or Run Job. Wait till it sinks in.

Archive to HTML/XML converter
-----------------------------
You can convert the usenet archives to nice looking
web pages, using style sheets, background image, etc.,
and use your favorite web browser to view them.

You can navigate those pages using the navigation buttons.
Filters can be applied to select the candidate articles.
This is a very powerful feature for educational and
research purposes.

You can also automatically generate the complete web sites,
containing articles on any desired topic, selected from any
of your archives using filters.

Jobs
----
Job module is used to perform a number of different operations
automatically. Each task can perform any desired operation,
such as download, post, etc. Once some task is finished, the next
task on the job list starts up automatically.

Jobs can be automatically rerun after a specified interval.
All you have to do is to specify an interval in minutes when
this job is to be rerun, and hit the Run Job button.
It will keep rerunning that job until you stop it manually.

Job lists allow you to run any number of jobs periodically.
Each job on a job list can have its own parameters, such as
periodicity with which this job is to be executed.

Super Filters
-------------
Articles for download/post or any other operations could be
selected using powerful filters. You can filter on any required
header and/or article body specifying multiple search parameters
and keyword phrases.

Article archives:
-----------------
You can save the articles you download from usenet to any number
of archive files. Later on, selected articles from any archive
could be re-posted using filters to select which ones.

You can eliminate duplicate articles from your archives, sort
them, apply filters to create new archives, and repair them
automatically.

Archives could be used as reference material and articles
could be extracted and used in any operation using filters.

Archives could be viewed with a regular newsreader.

Template Generation
-------------------
Templates can be used in the same way as in ordinary letterheads.

The articles or any text file are scanned and all the words,
found in your dictionary, are replaced with symbols,
corresponding to appropriate linguistic category, such as noun,
verb, etc.

These templates can then be converted back into text and the
original verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc. will be replaced with
regular words, belonging to the same category, selected from
a specified dictionary in a random fasion.

Multiple configurations:
------------------------
You can create any number of different configuration files to
store all the parameters to carry out any operation.

Next time you run the program, you simply select one of
your configurations and click on Do It button to start it.
Simple as that. Just a few mouse clicks and you are running
the most complex operation imaginable.

And much, much more...

Israel honors its founding terrorists on its postage stamps,
like 1978's stamp honoring Abraham Stern
[Scott Standard Postage Stamp  Catalogue #692],

and 1991's stamps honoring Lehi (also called "The Stern Gang",
led at one time by future Prime Minister Begin)

and  Etzel (also called "The Irgun", led at one time by future
Prime Minister Shamir) [Scott #1099, 1100].

This is just a reminder.
It is not an emergency yet.
Were it actual emergency, you wouldn't be able to read this.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to subclass an MFC window?
Is there any easy way of overriding the responses to some messages to a CWnd-derived object buried deep within MFC? One reason for the question is: In the old days CMainFrame was derived from CMDIFrameWnd and this had a member HWND m_hWndMDIClient; To draw the background of this window I used to do a SubclassWindow( ) on it, and with my own CWnd-derived object, respond to WM_ERASEBKGND messages. Nowadays CMainFrame is derived from CMDIFrameWndEx and this has a member CMDIClientAreaWnd m_wndClientArea; and (I think) because a CWnd object already exists for the M...

Help #4
When you go into, Sales Batch Entry, select the batch, transactions, lookup by document number, the view I am getting now is green and white. I am seeing all the documents in all the batches. I don't want this view, I want to be able to view only what is in the batch selected. What controls this feature? rcr, what you can do is Go to Sales Transaction Entry, Enter your Batch ID, then if you see the lookup, it'll only have the transactions entered for that Batch alone. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "rcr" wrote: > When you go...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgOTgyNjQ=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

Pop3 #8
My users no longer want to use OWA for email, they want to use Pop3, I do not use ISA but have a firewall in place, They currently hit the server using an IP address not a web address, Are there any security concerns with opening Pop3? Spam? Intrusions? etc? The same concerns exist as publishing OWA or other access methods to the internet. As with OWA, if you are publishing it externally then you should secure it with encryption. If you can avoid it I would, but otherwise just apply a cert let them at it. This will affect what port you open on the firewall as well as how they need t...

Assignment Details View Not Showing Timephased daily hours entry v
Looking for an answer to this. Tasks on couple of the projects on My Tasks list allows me to go into the Assignment Details page and see the Timephased work, including a weekly by day view that I can use to update hours. For a new project, the Assignment Details page is showing only Total Work, Completed Work, and Start, Finish and REmaining Work. The daily view of work, actual work and overtime fields are not there. Please advise. Hi kahuna, Sounds to me like this project where you want to update the task has a different progress method. Project Server allows you to track your...

Tab windows in SDI
I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView class. Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do this? Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks Riya wrote: > I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, > where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView > class. > > Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do > this? Any help will be really appreciated. > > Thanks > I...

validation list #4
hi i have created a validation list with more then 500 name, but when i try to find a particual name i have to go through all of them . is it possblie to write the first alphabitic letter in the list and the drow down list will point to that particual name e.g if the name in the list is Mark S. Mark can i write only Ma to find all Names start with Ma You can do this if you use a combobox from the control toolbox instead of DV. -- HTH Bob Phillips "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E9A3FF-5773-4002-8BCD-C2498BDE9EB0@microsoft.com......

eReq and Version 8
Hello, I plan to upgrade from Version 7.5 to Version 8 in a few weeks. We are currently running eReq and would like to continue using eReq until we can test the Business Portal replacement. Will eReq run with Version 8? Also, can anyone direct me to a whitepaper for moving eReq to another server (for testing)? Thanks, Mark ...

No return on basic search of activities, CRM 4.0
If I go into activities and view all of my activities I get the full list of phone calls and emails. However if I try to search for an activity that I've carried out with a contact i.e. John Smith, The Company. I get no results returned if I search on either term, even though an activity on this account is in the list. If I go to Advanced Find, I can search for John Smith and/or The Company and the contact is then returned in the search. Why is the basic search not working? (I'm using the web client) Thanks in advance! Hi, Have you configured your required columns to be ...

Can you set up another email account in an early v of Outlook?
I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on as it doesn't like 95. Thanks Jen wrote: > I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be > fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 > machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on > as it doesn't like 95. > > Thanks What version of Outlook? ...

Console App w/ MFC (hiding console window)
I've created a console app and added MFC support. The idea is that my app can run either with a dialog user interface or a console. It all works fine except that I cannot figure out how to hide the console window when running in the dialog ui mode. Anyone know how I might do this? -Brett- Brett , > I've created a console app and added MFC support. The idea is that my app > can run either with a dialog user interface or a console. It all works fine > except that I cannot figure out how to hide the console window when running > in the dialog ui mode. You can set yo...

Make an 8.5"x11"letter size from a 24"x36" poster?
Just need to resize DOWN, how do i do it????? Convert it to a .pdf and print it to fit on that size paper. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "dreadmon" <dreadmon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:513A7528-6924-46CB-BBE5-8D2C6366A049@microsoft.com... > Just need to resize DOWN, how do i do it????? ...

HELP: Outlook downloads 3,4, now 5 copies of each email
I make Outlook 2000 use a Outlook.pst file on a separate hard disk instead of the usual C:\Documents & Settings\ folder. Everything is fine. I also TICK "Leave copy of message on server" so I always have a backup copy. Now when i format my PC and reinstall Windows & Outlook, I point to my D:\Outlook.pst and it starts using it. Then all of a sudden it starts downloading ALL my emails again. If I format my PC once again and reinstall Windows & Outlook, then Outlook starts downloading ALL my emails TWICE (there's 2 copies of each email downloaded, plus the copy I...

i want to mail merge 1 address per postcard 4 to a page,
I have postcards preprinted on one side. I have made a publication using mail merge to add addresses. But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address. How do I get one address per card but do 4 to a page? What version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug. In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print preview on this screen. -- Mary Sauer ...

windows update 03-11-10
do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the updates that have been installed over a year ago? "timbo" <timbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BA5D186-44CD-4E17-B6E0-13385C151E1C@microsoft.com... > do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the updates that have > been installed over a year ago? Why does this cause you concern ? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." timbo wrote: > do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the up...

Outlook Profiles #4
Does anyone know how to auto-configure Outlook profiles (exchange server, alias, .pst, etc) at logon based on username??? Create a prf-file with the variable %username%. Instructions on the prf-file can be found in the Office Resource Kit -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "MessageQuestor" <crayola5150@excite.com> wrote in message news:05790...

Adding field in Scrolling window
Hello: I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not mapped in DB? Thanks candidcarper Use a local field, and assign a value to it in the Fill script on the scrolling window. "ammad_u@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hello: > > I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not > mapped in DB? > > Thanks > > candidcarper > > ...

Works2000 and Windows 98
Is Works 2000 compatible with Windows 98??? ...

how to copy conmanclient.exe and related files to the windows folder of device
I need to debug a winCE application over the ethernet using Visual Studio. I have connected to the device over the ethernet and now need to run conmanclient2.exe and cmaccept.exe before I can start debugging. However, I don't know how to copy these files over the ethernet. Please guide me. Thankyou! -- Message posted via http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com Remote File Viewer (Visual Studio Remote Tools from your start menu) -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com "amephraim via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u583...

Subtotal #4
Hi, I have a list of records as follows Apple orange grape apple apple grape watermelon I want to count the number of unique item above...ie, the end result should show 4 (apple,orange,grape,watermelon). Is there a formula to do this? Thanks! Val Hi Val, I suggest you look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique for a solution by Chip Pearson tim dolphinv4 wrote: > Hi, > > I have a list of records as follows > > Apple > orange > grape > apple > apple > grape > watermelon > > I want to count the number of unique item ...

I want to make a VBScript to control Windows Media Player
Hi all, I'm able to control WMP through the shell but I think is not the cleanest solution. Can anybody help me on how to make the VBScript to use the WMP Activex or COM automation? I've found some reference about Player object and WMPLib but so far I've been getting compile or run time errors. the actions I want to do are: 1. Open the file I want to play 2. Start play 3. wait 10 seconds. 4. Pause/Stop play 5. wait 10 seconds. 6. return to step no. 2. I would appreciate your help very much. Regards. -- God grants us all at the cost of effort. Il giorno Wed,...

Conditional Formatting Question #8
I have copied data from two different databases into a workbook. I need to verify that data matches between the two sets of data and I am using conditional formatting. I have formatted a column between to sets of data to turn green if they match. My formula is =IF(a1=b1,true,false) My problem is that the formula comes up true when one column has a blank in it. No way it equals the other. I have tried different formats; number, general, text etc, with no joy. I cannot determine how the blank cell can possibly equal the other cell. The formula works for 90% of the data, it's the 10% I cannot...

Logon Window never remembers my password
Hi, Despite setting up all the server settings correctly, the username and password screen pops up every time I want to send/receive mail. It's driving me crazy! How do I fix it? Thanks! :) Sharon Check here to see if any of the advice helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordnotremembered.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Sharon Leonard" wrote: > Hi, > > Despite setting up all the server settings correctly, the userna...

Using 'Print Preview' before Printing in IE 8
Hello. I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8. I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email. Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on. I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I...

Cannot turn off select multiple items in Windows
We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in between the two get selected. The Shift key is not being pressed though. How do I turn this off? Up till now, all I can figure out is to logoff and login again. Anthony Fontana wrote: > We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 > domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then > clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in b...