Newbie: Date Time Picker

Hi All,
This Date Time Picker is really giving me grief and MSDN is no help (as
usual).

I have a Date Time Picker on my Dialog.
CDateTimeCtrl      m_dtpCtrl;

I would like to be able to set the date for this to something other than
todays date when the Dialog opens.
I am aware there is a Class Member called SetTime() but i dont know how to
use it .
 I have tried,

m_dtpCtrl.SetTime(2001,12,5);
error C2661: 'SetTime' : no overloaded function takes 3 parameters

any help (in newbie language) would be appreciated,

Jay

0
Jay
3/16/2005 11:18:29 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The documentation on MSDN seems pretty clear to me:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cdatetimectrl.3a3a.settime.asp

All of the overloads for SetTime take one param:  COleDateTime, CTime, or
LPSYSTEMTIME.

newsgroup purposes only.

"Jay Cee" <itsjayceecee.NOSPAM.@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> This Date Time Picker is really giving me grief and MSDN is no help (as
> usual).
>
> I have a Date Time Picker on my Dialog.
> CDateTimeCtrl      m_dtpCtrl;
>
> I would like to be able to set the date for this to something other than
> todays date when the Dialog opens.
> I am aware there is a Class Member called SetTime() but i dont know how to
> use it .
> I have tried,
>
> m_dtpCtrl.SetTime(2001,12,5);
> error C2661: 'SetTime' : no overloaded function takes 3 parameters
>
> any help (in newbie language) would be appreciated,
>
> Jay

0
jerryjo (27)
3/16/2005 11:29:49 PM
Hi Jerry,
thanks for the quick reply,
I tried ,

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
CTime timeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(&timeTime));
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and got the date to change to 01/01/1970 ???
so  I tried ,

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
COleDateTime oletimeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(oletimeTime));
and the date was still 01/01/1970.

I called UpdateData after each one but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong,

Your help is appreciated,

Jay

"Jerry Joyce (MSFT)" <jerryjo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The documentation on MSDN seems pretty clear to me:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cdatetimectrl.3a3a.settime.asp
>
> All of the overloads for SetTime take one param:  COleDateTime, CTime, or
> LPSYSTEMTIME.
>
> --
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.

> rights.
>

> "Jay Cee" <itsjayceecee.NOSPAM.@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> This Date Time Picker is really giving me grief and MSDN is no help (as
>> usual).
>>
>> I have a Date Time Picker on my Dialog.
>> CDateTimeCtrl      m_dtpCtrl;
>>
>> I would like to be able to set the date for this to something other than
>> todays date when the Dialog opens.
>> I am aware there is a Class Member called SetTime() but i dont know how
>> use it .
>> I have tried,
>>
>> m_dtpCtrl.SetTime(2001,12,5);
>> error C2661: 'SetTime' : no overloaded function takes 3 parameters
>>
>> any help (in newbie language) would be appreciated,
>>
>> Jay

0
Jay
3/17/2005 12:08:24 AM
Hi Jay,

Did you hook the control into a DDX variable.  If so, it may be setting it
when you do an UpdateData() elsewhere.  Just a thought.

Tom

> Hi Jerry,
> thanks for the quick reply,
> I tried ,
>
> //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
> ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
> CTime timeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
> VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(&timeTime));
> //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> and got the date to change to 01/01/1970 ???
> so  I tried ,
>
> //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
> ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
> COleDateTime oletimeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
> VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(oletimeTime));
> and the date was still 01/01/1970.
>
> I called UpdateData after each one but to no avail.
>
> What am I doing wrong,
>
> Your help is appreciated,
>
> Jay
>

> "Jerry Joyce (MSFT)" <jerryjo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The documentation on MSDN seems pretty clear to me:
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cdatetimectrl.3a3a.settime.asp
>>
>> All of the overloads for SetTime take one param:  COleDateTime, CTime, or
>> LPSYSTEMTIME.
>>
>> --
>> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
>> newsgroup purposes only.

>> rights.
>>

>> "Jay Cee" <itsjayceecee.NOSPAM.@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>> This Date Time Picker is really giving me grief and MSDN is no help (as
>>> usual).
>>>
>>> I have a Date Time Picker on my Dialog.
>>> CDateTimeCtrl      m_dtpCtrl;
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to set the date for this to something other than
>>> todays date when the Dialog opens.
>>> I am aware there is a Class Member called SetTime() but i dont know how
>>> use it .
>>> I have tried,
>>>
>>> m_dtpCtrl.SetTime(2001,12,5);
>>> error C2661: 'SetTime' : no overloaded function takes 3 parameters
>>>
>>> any help (in newbie language) would be appreciated,
>>>
>>> Jay

0
tserface (3861)
3/17/2005 1:29:45 AM
Hi Tom,

> Did you hook the control into a DDX variable.

 // Is this what you mean - I added through the wizard
DDX_Control(pDX, MyDialog_DATETIMEPICKER, m_dtpCtrl);

> If so, it may be setting it  when you do an UpdateData() elsewhere.

Is there a way to get around this ? I just need the DTP to display a start
date
other than todays date when the dialog opens initially.
(It's actually a vehicle registration date- read in from file) and then
the user can change it as they wish using the DTP.

Thanks for your help,

Jay

"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi Jay,
>
> Did you hook the control into a DDX variable.   Just a thought.
>
> Tom
>
> "Jay Cee" <itsjayceecee.NOSPAM.@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Jerry,
>> thanks for the quick reply,
>> I tried ,
>>
>> //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
>> ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
>> CTime timeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
>> VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(&timeTime));
>> //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> and got the date to change to 01/01/1970 ???
>> so  I tried ,
>>
>> //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
>> ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
>> COleDateTime oletimeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
>> VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(oletimeTime));
>> and the date was still 01/01/1970.
>>
>> I called UpdateData after each one but to no avail.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong,
>>
>> Your help is appreciated,
>>
>> Jay
>>

>> "Jerry Joyce (MSFT)" <jerryjo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> The documentation on MSDN seems pretty clear to me:
>>>
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cdatetimectrl.3a3a.settime.asp
>>>
>>> All of the overloads for SetTime take one param:  COleDateTime, CTime,
>>> or LPSYSTEMTIME.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
>>> newsgroup purposes only.

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Jay Cee" <itsjayceecee.NOSPAM.@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Jay
3/17/2005 1:51:51 AM
>I tried ,
>
>//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
>ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
>CTime timeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
>VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(&timeTime));
>//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>and got the date to change to 01/01/1970 ???

Jay,

Where are you calling that code from? You ought to be doing it from
the WM_INITDIALOG (OnInitDialog) handler - after the call to the
default handler (which performs the DDX operations).

Since you mention in a later post that you've already set up a control
variable to the control you don't need to use GetDlgItem - just use
your m_dtpCtrl variable.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0
"Jay Cee" <itsjayceecee.NOSPAM.@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> This Date Time Picker is really giving me grief and MSDN is no help (as
> usual).
>
> I have a Date Time Picker on my Dialog.
> CDateTimeCtrl      m_dtpCtrl;
>
> I would like to be able to set the date for this to something other than
> todays date when the Dialog opens.
> I am aware there is a Class Member called SetTime() but i dont know how to
> use it .
>  I have tried,
>
> m_dtpCtrl.SetTime(2001,12,5);
> error C2661: 'SetTime' : no overloaded function takes 3 parameters
>
> any help (in newbie language) would be appreciated,

Create a member variable in your class:

class CMyDialogClass
{
    CDateTimeCtrl m_MyDateTimeCtrl;
};

----------

Hook the variable to your control:

 DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_DATE_TIME_PICKER,  m_MyDateTimeCtrl);

----------

Set the time as you wish, for instance in OnInitDialog():

BOOL CMyDialogClass::OnInitDialog()
{

    CTime tTime(2005, 1, 4, 11, 55, 0);
    m_MyDateTimeCtrl.SetTime(&tTime);

    return TRUE;
}

-------------

Tim

0
thpetersen (10)
3/17/2005 8:23:45 AM
Thank you all for your input ,
The code is embedded in a function that is called from within OnInitDialog()
This loads the dialog with default values from several files.
It seems that the code will only work if it is the last thing called in
OnInitDialog()
as per Tim's example,

BOOL CMyDialogClass::OnInitDialog()
{

    CTime tTime(2005, 1, 4, 11, 55, 0);
    m_MyDateTimeCtrl.SetTime(&tTime);

    return TRUE;
}

This is not an efficient option for me in this instance
as i would have to open all the files again, get to the correct
record , load the DateTimePicker with the values required etc etc.
The purpose of the function call was that i could re-use it if required
while the dialog was open.

I have tried the code so that ,
//---------------------------------------------
 BOOL CMyDialogClass::OnInitDialog()
 {
    MyFunction();

    return TRUE;
 }
//---------------------------------------------
void MyClass::MyFunction()
{
....do stuff......

    CTime tTime(2005, 1, 4, 11, 55, 0);
    m_MyDateTimeCtrl.SetTime(&tTime);

files.close();
}
I have tried to call UpdateData(true) & UpdateData(false) on either side of
the SetTime
but it makes no difference - it shows todays date.

any more help would be greatly appreciated,

Jay

0
Jay
3/17/2005 3:35:31 PM
Hi Jay,

If you don't need it in a variable you can safely comment that line out and
just set it by hand.  My guess is the variable has 0 in it so it is setting
the control to the epoch date which you listed.

HTH,

Tom

> Hi Tom,
>
>> Did you hook the control into a DDX variable.
>
> // Is this what you mean - I added through the wizard
> DDX_Control(pDX, MyDialog_DATETIMEPICKER, m_dtpCtrl);
>
>> If so, it may be setting it  when you do an UpdateData() elsewhere.
>
> Is there a way to get around this ? I just need the DTP to display a start
> date
> other than todays date when the dialog opens initially.
> (It's actually a vehicle registration date- read in from file) and then
> the user can change it as they wish using the DTP.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Jay
>
> "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Jay,
>>
>> Did you hook the control into a DDX variable.   Just a thought.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "Jay Cee" <itsjayceecee.NOSPAM.@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Jerry,
>>> thanks for the quick reply,
>>> I tried ,
>>>
>>> //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
>>> ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
>>> CTime timeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
>>> VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(&timeTime));
>>> //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> and got the date to change to 01/01/1970 ???
>>> so  I tried ,
>>>
>>> //-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> CDateTimeCtrl* pCtrl = (CDateTimeCtrl*) GetDlgItem(VehShowD_dtpPurDate);
>>> ASSERT(pCtrl != NULL);
>>> COleDateTime oletimeTime(1998, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0);
>>> VERIFY(pCtrl->SetTime(oletimeTime));
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> and the date was still 01/01/1970.
>>>
>>> I called UpdateData after each one but to no avail.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong,
>>>
>>> Your help is appreciated,
>>>
>>> Jay
>>>

>>> "Jerry Joyce (MSFT)" <jerryjo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
tserface (3861)

Outlook 2007: Can't accept proposed meeting times?
Does anyone know anything about this in 2007? Is it a bug or am I missing something? When I send an meeting request and the other receipient proposes a new time, I get a response back but there is no "accept" button. I have to manually update the meeting time. Setup: - both ends are OL2007 - both ends uses pst files - no exchange server involved - both ends connect to an IMAP server TIA 1001001100100 1001001100100 <ANonnyMoose@no-email.org> wrote: > Does anyone know anything about this in 2007? Is it a bug or am I > missing something? > > When I send an meeti...

Enter Sales tansactions with previous dates when connected to netw
Enter Sales tansactions with previous dates when connected to network Hello, How can I enter invoices with previous dates in POS? When I change the date on the terminal, the system still gets the date from the server. And even when I tried offline mode, I could not use the store account tender. Any workaround? Thanks for your suggestions. ...

Simple (I bet) Newbie question...
I hope this is possible to have happen all in 1 formula How can i compose a formula that would acheive the following: If the number in J5 is at least 10,000 but up to 24,999 then multiply cell I5 X B5 If the number in J5 is at least 25,000 but up to 49,999 then multiply cell I5 X C5 If the number in J5 is at least 50,000 but up to 99,999 then multiply cell I5 X D5 If the number in J5 is over 100,000 or above then multiply cell I5 X E5 If the number in J5 is UNDER 10,000 then display "Under Min" (or something like it) Thanks for reading!! Hi The formula should be enter...

need excel worksheet help, running total based on date
I am trying to add a series of numbers in different worksheets(same spreadsheet) based upon the date. I don't want the future numbers in the total until the date they are associated with is passed. i.e. in A1 of each worksheet is 200. Each worksheet is titled by date (Mar 5, Mar 19, etc) I want the running total to reflect the amount to the current date. If it's March 18th, the totals would be only thru the worksheet of Mar 5. Any help is appreciated. My solution needs 2 cells, one of which may already be in use: You need a cell on each of the dated sheets that...

Send Out of Office more than one time
Hi! Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? Im using Exchange 2003. Regards, Mikael Johem On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? >Im using Exchange 2003. > > >Regards, > >Mikael Johem What is the goal? Sending an OOF once is a good preventative measure against mail loops. On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

how do I restrict cell input to dates only?
how do I restrict cell input to dates only? I want a message to be displayed informing the user that only dates are allowed in the cell. Try data|validation. On the settings tab, you can specify that the cell wants dates. James E Slack wrote: > > how do I restrict cell input to dates only? I want a message to be displayed > informing the user that only dates are allowed in the cell. -- Dave Peterson Have a look at Data > Validation Under the "Allow" drop down choose date -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter&...

VB lookup date, then copy and paste
Hi All, I'm looking for some help on creating a macro for the following: Using cell A1 in Workbook 1 (contains a date in format dd/mm/yy), match this date with the same date in Column A in Workbook 2. Column A in Worksheet 2, starts with 31/01/10 in cell A2 and continues to 31/12/20 in cell A3989 (in date order). This end date may increase so I would like the macro to locate the end of column. When a match is found, I would like the macro to copy the content in Workbook 1 Row 1. This row starts at A1 and ends LJ, but again I would like this to be flexible. This data should be pasted ...

Outlook 2003 shows "Enter network password" every time I hit send/receive
OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission in registry, and have re-created the mail profile. Nothing helps. Any ideas? /M I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried the procedure MS posted about resetting thre registry. I'm lost also. >-----Original Message----- >OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember >the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission >in registry, and have re-c...

Inserting dates
Is this possible? I have two cells which are filled in by choosing from drop-down lists. A1 is January, February etc and B1 is 2006, 2007 etc. Once the user chooses the month & year I would like Excel to automatically fill in some fields further down the sheet - showing the Friday dates in the month/year chosen. EG Choosing March 2007 would give: Friday 2 Friday 9 Friday 16 Friday 23 Friday 30 or August 2006 would give: Friday 4 Friday 11 Friday 18 Friday 25 (and then a blank cell as only 4 Fridays in this month) I can type "Friday" in as text in eg A15-A19 and then use...

date calculation #2
Hi, I want to prepare a Excel spreadsheet which calculates the balance of good in a store as, for eaxmple, follows. A B 1 Brought forward 200 2 manufactured 10 3 Sales 15 4 Balance =B1+B2-B3 I need to know wehther it is possible to change automatically b/f value in cell B1 to the Balance value in cell B4 at the start of everyday. ...

Indicator for tasks extending beyond project completion date
1. Our project has a targetted completion of June 30, 2010. 2. For visual purposes, I created a milestone 'Project complete - target June 30, 2010' which has a deadline of June 30 and a 'Must Finish On' June 30 constraint (knowing that this is an inflexible constraint) so that I can visualize the milestone and deadline on the same June 30 date. 3. How do I have indicators appear against tasks that end beyond the targeted project end date? Thanks Hi, Link the task to the projected end and they will show negative slack (whihc, through a simple formula in a ...

0100 (24 hour) time
Hi, I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) . Which format is it - I have tried several and it drops the first zero(0) off. Cheers Mike You need to custom format the col as: hh:mm then enter the times with a colon, eg: 00:00 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "MikeR-Oz" wrote: > I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format > type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) ....

Date for latest Update
Hi I want a cell show today() Date when somebody has change something in the document...Also the date will only change when I saving the document.... How I do that ?? //Sokoban ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="LastSaved", _ RefersToR1C1:="=""" & _ Format(Now, "mmm-dd-yyyy hh:mm") & "&qu...

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

extract numbers, convert to date
I imported a comma delimined .txt file into Excel. One column is formated (for example) 070794MEFKMAG. This is a person's birthday (mmddyy) and then parts of their name. I want to extract the birthdate numbers, convert them to a date and subtract that date from todays date. I've been able to extract the numbers [=MID(A12,ROW($1:$9),6)] giving me 070794, but haven't been able to convert them to any date that makes sense. Any suggestions I used the following formula =TODAY() - CONCATENATE(MID(F11,1,2),"/",MID(F11,3,2),"/",MID(F11,5,2)) F11 = 070794 I h...

Switch off date autotext in Outlook 2007
When I type a date in Outlook 2007 a date autotext option appears – how do I switch this feature off in Outlook 2007? ...

sig picker is greyed out
for some reason outlook signature is greyed out it was working at one time and we created a new profile and then set up the outlook client and at the point is when this happen. ive seen this before but can not remember what i did to fix it..... we have outlook 2000 Using Word as your email editor? (Word 2000 will have its own e-mail signature engine.) "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message news:OlhRxQrWEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > for some reason outlook signature is greyed out > it was working at one time and we created a new profile and then set up...

Printing Drafts emails Shows a "Sent time and Date"
Hi we have recently upgraded one of our clients to windows 7 / Office 2007. One of the users have reported that when printing draft emails there is a sent time and date that gets added to the top of the email even though the message has not been sent. I have looked through the outlook settings but cannot seem to find a way of turning this off. Any help on this would be appreciated. I have test the same on my own machine which is vista SP2 with office 2007 but get the same issue. I have noticed a date and time being put on draft emails, this started approximately 3 weeks ago. Co...

Extracting Date of Lowest Value from List
Hi - I have a list of daily $Amounts for ea day of the year. ie --Month-- --Date-- --Amount-- In a summary table, I extract the highest AMOUNT for a particular month with {=MAX(IF(Month="Dec",'9am'!Amount))} I extract the DATE of the higest AMOUNT for thyat month, Dec, with {=MAX(((Month)="Dec")*(Amount=MAX(((Month)="Dec")*Amount))*Date)} I can successfully get the highest AMOUNT and DATE for a particular MONTH, but modifying the second formula to get the DATE of the lowest AMOUNT will not work. It fails because it will return the DATE of the lowest A...

Plotting elapsed time when calculated
Hi folks I have a x-y scatter graph with a log scale y-axis. I recently had to change the x source data, now the data does not plot correctly. To give you an idea, the y-axis is percentage (3 cycles of log going up to a maximum of 1000) and the x-axis is elapsed time in minutes going from 0-240. I have 6 data points plotted. Before I made the recent change the x-axis coordinates (elapsed time values) were just a column of numbers (in Cells C36:C41), formatted as Number. Rather than enter the (elapsed) time directly, I now want Excel to calculate it (Time A - Time B) and use the result as the ...

Date format problem #10
Hello I am having great difficulty in converting American date format int dd/mm/yy. I have used both the date format option and also the custo option, this has not been sucessful. I have attached a small dat sample and I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide som assistance in converting these dates. The dates are exported from an ERP system which operates the julia date system...unsure if this is the reason why I can't sucessfull convert all dates???! regards A Attachment filename: date format.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/...

time and date charting
Whats the best way to chart date/time and percent values from say 7/12/06 until whenever. I want the chart to autoupdate as the data is entered? Ed -- changetires ------------------------------------------------------------------------ changetires's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=569922 ...

Importing dates from text file
I have counter data from a windows 2000 servers which I am trying t graph. The text file has data in the format below. "(PDH-CSV 4.0) (GMT Dayligh Time)(-60)","\\SERVER1\Memory\Pages/sec","\\SERVER1\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg Disk Queue Length","\\SERVER1\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time" "03/31/200 23:59:41.115","0","0.0012533333333333333","0.52083333333333703" "03/31/200 23:59:56.115","0","0.0020799999999999998","1.041666666666663" "04/01/2004 00:00:11.115",&quo...

Problem formatting date as "dd/mm/yyyy"
Hi, I am formatting cells using the following code: sws1 is the source sheet and dws is the destination sheet. dws.Cells(datarow, 3) = Format(sws1.Cells(j, 6), "dd/mm/yyyy") The value of "31-03-2010" in sws1 is displayed as "31-03-2010" in dws and not as "31/03/2010" as desired. The cell in dws is formatted as general The value of "12-03-2010" in sws1 is displayed as "03-12-10" in dws and not as "12/03/2010" The cell in dws is formatted as date. The dates in the sws1 sheet are formatted as dates Pleas...

Error in date format of first Pivot table chart
Excel 2007: I have created a workbook with several Pivot tables and corresponding charts showing trend in various areas of data. Problem: Even though the date format is "linked to source" and the source is set for "dd-mm-yyyy tt:mm" (or "dd-mm-åååå tt:mm" in Danish) it still displays as "mm-dd-yyyy" on the first pivot chart until refreshed with Alt-F5. The other pivot charts displays date/time as wanted after an update of the underlying data. All pivot tables and pivot charts are in individual worksheets. Removing "linked ...