Newbie : "Autocomplete" not working in one dialog- ? Visual C++6

Hi All
I know the term "Autocomplete" is not the correct terminology but I think it
explains the problem.
I have a Dialog based project with multiple Dialogs.

When I am entering say "DateStruct.Day" , when I press the . (dot) the "Day"
field appears as it should after DateStruct.
If I hover the mouse over a class name the tool tip tells me it is a class
,over a variable it tells me it's data type etc...

In ONE Dialog in my application this is not the case even though it was
created the same way as the rest of
them .

It is causing problems & I dontknow how to fix it,
Any help would be appreciated,

James

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Absolutely perfect ,

Thank you Ravi for the prompt reply

James

"Ravi Ambros Wallau" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is using VC++ 6.0:
> Close the project, and then delete all the files with these extensions, in
> project folder:
> aps, clw, ncb, opt, plg.
> These files are created by Visual Studio while you're using your project.
> The "clw" is ClassWizard database, you can rebuild it. The "plg" file is
> build log. The "ncb" file is probally the source of your problem, it's
> IntelliSense database. I don't know what are aps and opt files, but you
> can safely delete them.
>
> --
> Ravi Ambros Wallau
> r w a l l a u @ s p r i n g w i r e l e s s . n e t
>
> "Jay" <itsjayceecee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All
>> I know the term "Autocomplete" is not the correct terminology but I think
>> it explains the problem.
>> I have a Dialog based project with multiple Dialogs.
>>
>> When I am entering say "DateStruct.Day" , when I press the . (dot) the
>> "Day" field appears as it should after DateStruct.
>> If I hover the mouse over a class name the tool tip tells me it is a
>> class ,over a variable it tells me it's data type etc...
>>
>> In ONE Dialog in my application this is not the case even though it was
>> created the same way as the rest of
>> them .
>>
>> It is causing problems & I dontknow how to fix it,
>> Any help would be appreciated,
>>
>> James

Is using VC++ 6.0:
Close the project, and then delete all the files with these extensions, in
project folder:
aps, clw, ncb, opt, plg.
These files are created by Visual Studio while you're using your project.
The "clw" is ClassWizard database, you can rebuild it. The "plg" file is
build log. The "ncb" file is probally the source of your problem, it's
IntelliSense database. I don't know what are aps and opt files, but you can
safely delete them.

--
Ravi Ambros Wallau
r w a l l a u @ s p r i n g w i r e l e s s . n e t

"Jay" <itsjayceecee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I know the term "Autocomplete" is not the correct terminology but I think
> it explains the problem.
> I have a Dialog based project with multiple Dialogs.
>
> When I am entering say "DateStruct.Day" , when I press the . (dot) the
> "Day" field appears as it should after DateStruct.
> If I hover the mouse over a class name the tool tip tells me it is a class
> ,over a variable it tells me it's data type etc...
>
> In ONE Dialog in my application this is not the case even though it was
> created the same way as the rest of
> them .
>
> It is causing problems & I dontknow how to fix it,
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> James

0
nospam7515 (2084)
1/28/2005 11:12:16 PM
Thats correct this is the tip that we should share to all vc++
programmers.. I have also noted this...

autocomplete in excel
I do not have any blank cells in my spreadsheet, but it still does not alway autocomplete the phrase I am typing. Is there a limit of some sort to the # of cell that it will check? I currently have over 3500 rows in my worksheet. ...

Autocomplete in Calendaring
I want to add a contact to a meeting in calendar. If I type part of the name, and TAB away, the address book does not come up. If I use the keyobard command of <CTRL-K> it will check the names. Is there a command that checks names automaticly in calendar? I want the address book to pop up if the name is not recognized. ...

Autocomplete in Outlook
How can the autocomplete function within the address bar of Outlook be disabled? I do not want suggestions of e-mail addresses to come up anymore when I type the first letter of the address. Turn off autocomplete in Tools, since you dont mention version of Outlook you'll have to search within Tools "Dray" <Dray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D8FDD50-9BC2-4A32-BF0F-2EC882E78D00@microsoft.com... > How can the autocomplete function within the address bar of Outlook be > disabled? I do not want suggestions of e-mail addresses to come up a...

Can I set up AutoComplete not to forget names for 30 days?
Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses for a few days only. Can we extend the time? Thx Autocomplete does not "forget" names. The autocomplete cache stores up to 1000 names. What version of Outlook are you using? "MagicMusic9" <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8657EEE7-74B2-4E3B-8DB8-5037F739E7F3@microsoft.com... > Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email > addresses > for a few days only. Can we extend the time? > > Thx > ...

Autocomplete for email addresses in a cell
When I am filling in a cell I will often use the "@" symbol, for email addresses or directions etc. I would like to turn this feature off but haven't been able to find a way to do so. Unchecking the autocomplete for cell values option in the Advanced Excel Options doesn't do the trick. Excel Options, Proofing, Check Ignore internet and file addresses Kevin U wrote: > When I am filling in a cell I will often use the "@" symbol, for email > addresses or directions etc. I would like to turn this feature off but > haven't been able to f...

How to Transfer autocomplete(*.nk2) from XP to Windows-7
Just bought new PC with W7. Moved all files to new-pc, installed Office 2003 (need to save up for 2010 upgrade). How do I transfer the autocomplete (nickname file) fro XP to W7? I have copied the file to a thumb drive, but can not find where to install it. "Etrigan" <Etrigan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F08F0650-8E52-4FDB-925C-CE1082972419@microsoft.com... > Just bought new PC with W7. Moved all files to new-pc, installed Office 2003 > (need to save up for 2010 upgrade). How do I transfer the autocomplete > (nickname file) fro XP to W...

File attachment autocomplete
In Outlook 2000, I could type a portion of the filename I wanted to attach to a mesage, and Outlook would fill in the rest of the name. Since my IT department upgraded me, that doesn't seem to work anymore, and it was really useful to me -- is there any way to retain or recreate this functionality in Outlook 2002 or later? Thanks, Matt ...

Autocomplete Data Validation Combo Box 01-09-10
I refer to the code in http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html for auto-completion of data validation using a combo box. I would like to call up the combobox in a single click, instead of a double click as per the current code. Also, I am able to enter an invalid value (ie, value not from the data validation) list in the combo box. Is it possible to modify the code to 1. Call up the combobox in a single click 2. Prevent an invalid input, whether by direct entry or copy/paste (value or all) into the cell having the validation Thanks in advance ...

What are AutoComplete default settings? Can I change them?
I am making a text list down 1 column of at least 1000 rows. I need Excel to continue to scan all entries for duplicate text. Does anyone know how many rows above and/or below an entry, does Excel do the AutoComplete and highlight the duplicate entry? Is it changeable ie: if Excel scans for 100 rows, can it be changed to scan 1000 rows? Thanks! Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo possible solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Name Autocomplete
Hello Name Autocomplete is very usefull. I use it all the time. However, there are several people who have changed email addresses. Since I've sent emails to these 'new' addresses, I now have multiple entries per person - one of these entries good, the rest being obsolete. How do I get rid of these obsolete autocomplete suggestions? Happy New Year! Ron You can simply highlight the unwanted email address and delete it. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

Username Autocomplete
Hi, I have a user who can no longer enter their Username with Autocomplete. We know of the setting to "Prompt for User Name and Password", but it is now either enter the full domain\username and password every logon or be automatically logged on. Autocomplete is also turned on. Is there another setting somewhere that will allow the user to have the domain\username AUTOCOMPLETE? Thank you! ...

Autocomplete in "To" field?
In Outlook 2000, where do you have the option to have the addresses pop into the "To" field after typing a couple of letters? Also, how can I get my contacts to display First Name, Last Name not the other way around? Autocomplete did not become an option until Outlook 2002. Older versions have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you can right click on the name to manually r...

Looking for support for the MRU or autocomplete for the email addr
We want to delete on entry in this list. I know it can be done in Outlook, but it seems I am only able to delete the entire MRU in Outlook Express, not just a single entry. Is the Contact still found in Address Book? ....in Address Book's Shared folder (after enabling View | Folders and groups, if necessary)? Lise Quinn wrote: > We want to delete on entry in this list. I know it can be done in Outlook, > but it seems I am only able to delete the entire MRU in Outlook Express, > not > just a single entry. "Lise Quinn" <LiseQuinn@discussio...

autocomplete tables
I know I am being dumb, and probably a little lazy, but it's too early in the morning for me. What are the tables that autocomplete stores it's information in? Thanks and I appreciate the help. Mike According to KB article 898982, the Autocomplete entries are stored in two files: AutoCmpl.dat and AutoCmpl.idx. You can view the contents with a text editor, but as far as I know you can't change them. They appear to be some sort of database file, but I don't know what kind. You can find them in the following location: Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Micros...

Multiple cell autocomplete
Anyone know if its possible to have multiple cells autocomplete like a single cell would if you were to type the same word or phrase in the cell. If it could work over mutliple cells by typing in a letter for example: COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 CAT IN THE HAT If i just typed in "C" in COL1 that COL2, COL3, COL4 Would autocomplete and type in IN THE HAT Using M$ Excel 2002 on Windows 2000 Pro Thanks! Z With all the cells in question selected, type as normal and when your autocomplete gives you the word you are looking for, hit CTRL+ENTER and it will enter that data in all the se...

Autocomplete works in Bing but not Google...hmmm
Using IE8 and Vista Home Premium and all updates are "up-to-date" Just noticed in the past few days IE8 autocomplete was not working with Google. Works fine with Bing, and then the inquiries entered in Bing's search box show up when using Google's. Autocomplete works in Firefox 3.0 using Google. DaveM@nowhere.com wrote: > Using IE8 and Vista Home Premium and all updates are "up-to-date" > Just noticed in the past few days IE8 autocomplete was not > working with Google. > Works fine with Bing, and then the inquiries entered in Bing's...

Is there a limit to how far excel will search a list for autocomplete?
Auto complete doesn't work for my entire list of 4200 rows. List has no empty cells, sorted alphabetically and all upper case. Is there something wrong with my list or is there a limit to the list length? Yes, I did some investigations some years ago and discovered that there were limits, but I can't remember what they were and I haven't been able to retrieve the post with the details in. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 10, 9:09=A0pm, Bluejay <fi...@comcast.net> wrote: > Auto complete doesn't work for my entire list of 4200 rows. =A0List has > no empty cells, sor...

AutoComplete #7
When addressing an e-mail, AutoComplete pops up available addresses with that beginning text. How do I remove "wrong" entries, such as addresses that I have typed incorrectly but are not in as contacts. Thanks! appsteacher@guthrie.k12.ok.us <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When addressing an e-mail, AutoComplete pops up available > addresses with that beginning text. How do I > remove "wrong" entries, such as addresses that I have > typed incorrectly but are not in as contacts. Use the arrow keys to highlight the incorrect address an...

autocomplete not working
Have Enabled Autocomplete, however, it seems to work only on older entries and it does not matter how many characters are entered, certain names already entered do not autocomplete further down. Any ideas please? -- Regards, Georgie. Are you aware that Autocomplete doesn't work when there are empty cells in between? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Georgie" <Georgie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:283494C4-D6BA-4836-9788-922835F34609@microsoft.com... > Have Enabled Autocomplete, however, it seems to work only on older entries > ...

autocomplete email addresses #3
OL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE Hi, I would like to delete the file used by OL to "autocomplete" with email addresses the "To:" field in email massages--(only that field/function) as I would like to start a new one fresh. Can anyone tell me where to find it--I forget its name and location. Tx. S find the .NK2 file under C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Rename the old file (just to have a backup), or you can delete all together. Next time Outlook restarts it will build a new .NK2 file. Hope this helps -MJM find the .NK2 file under C:\Documents a...

IE6 autocomplete problem
I have been searching for weeks to a weird problem I have. Internet Explorer 6 does not save login and password on websites. It asks if I would like to keep using auto complete but when I return to the site I still have to type in the login and password. I have tested the sites on another computer and it works fine. I attempted a fix found on here but it did not work. When you go into the registry the passwords are all encrypted in the Intelliforms\SPW key so I know it is saving them. Just not retreiving them. Any help would be welcome. Are you making the selections in the Internet Exp...

Need info on Outlook 2002 Autocomplete
When typing in an email address, i want to be able to either just type in the first name OR last name, and have the email address picked up from my contact list. This will save me time from searching for email add's. HELP! Megan that's autoresolution. type a partial name and press control k -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups....

Excel Cell Autocomplete
Is there any function, so we can use auto complete while entering similar entry in to cell, which saves lot's time when entering similar data. DEFAULT AUTO COMPLETE WORKS VERY LIMITED, WILL NOT WORK IF SEQUENCE WILL BREAK, ALSO FOR NUMBERS (A/C) IS NOT WORKING. I have tried with alt+down arrow, but it's giving entry which below of that cell...better if we have some thing to lookup which can shows us all entry in to that column( up & below). -- smd111 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ smd111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

how to enforce autocomplete data
sometimes excel gives me the cell data I input already. sometimes it doesn't. How can I enforce the feature? thanks. Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:52:59 +0900 from kang <kang@hao.com>: > sometimes excel gives me the cell data I input already. > sometimes it doesn't. > > How can I enforce the feature? Autocomplete doesn't kick in till you've entered enough to be unique. So if you have zxsfgfdsgdfsgdfs,gdsf,ng,sf.g,sfdgsdg,sdhg,s.h,gsh,ngbh1 and zxsfgfdsgdfsgdfs,gdsf,ng,sf.g,sfdgsdg,sdhg,s.h,gsh,ngbh2 in previous cells, autocomplete won't do you much good since ...

Autocomplete by Address Only?
Lots of people I correspond with do not have email addresses that match their names. Example: Tom Brown is Ladybu...@aol.com, etc When I use autocomplete and type Bro, I never get Tom Brown. I would have to remember to type Lad... to get autocomplete to work. Why try to remember an address? Autocomplete works for John Smith if I type Joh, so it's not that Outlook is not working on my machine. I understand how autocomplete works - but I don't see a setting that will allow me to autocomplete the address based on Name, rather than address. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Have ...