New utility: The Viewport Explorer

I was recently reviewing some material in which I believed the description of the
coordinate transformations was erroneous. The author insisted that the material was
absolutely correct. To demonstrate the error, I wrote a little program that showed exactly
what was happening. It was a useful little program, so I enhanced it a bit and it is now
available for everyone. What it allows you to do is experiment with SetWindowOrg,
SetViewportOrg, SetWindowExt, SetViewportExt, and mapping modes, and explore the effects
of this on a displayed image. It also illustrates how to do logical to device coordinate
mappings, how to do dragging using logical coordinates, and other useful tricks. Enjoy.

http://www.flounder.com/viewport.htm
				joe
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
7/8/2005 8:44:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hallo Joseph!

> http://www.flounder.com/viewport.htm

Hi Joseph! Some links are broken...

--
Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD
"In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them."

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"Martin Richter [MVP]" <martin.richter@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hallo Joseph!
>
>> http://www.flounder.com/viewport.htm
>
> Hi Joseph! Some links are broken...
>
> --
> Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD
> "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them."
> FAQ : http://www.mpdvc.de
> Samples: http://www.codeguru.com http://www.codeproject.com

0
nish (347)
7/8/2005 10:44:05 AM
Aside from the broken links, it sounds like you've done a noble and generous thing.  Viewports,
origins, extents, and mapping modes have always been a source of confusion for me.  I've usually
managed to figure it out, but not so that I could remember it the next time.  I hope what you've
shared will be a valuable resource for me and others.

>I was recently reviewing some material in which I believed the description of the
> coordinate transformations was erroneous. The author insisted that the material was
> absolutely correct. To demonstrate the error, I wrote a little program that showed exactly
> what was happening. It was a useful little program, so I enhanced it a bit and it is now
> available for everyone. What it allows you to do is experiment with SetWindowOrg,
> SetViewportOrg, SetWindowExt, SetViewportExt, and mapping modes, and explore the effects
> of this on a displayed image. It also illustrates how to do logical to device coordinate
> mappings, how to do dragging using logical coordinates, and other useful tricks. Enjoy.
>
> http://www.flounder.com/viewport.htm
> joe
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Sigh. The "new, improved" FrontPage 2003 strikes again! (I wish Microsoft would stop
"improving" their products by breaking them!) Of course, when I downloaded the pages to
make sure the install was correct, it found the images on my machine. Fixed.
				joe

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:28:38 +0200, "Martin Richter [MVP]" <martin.richter@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Hallo Joseph!
>
>> http://www.flounder.com/viewport.htm
>
>Hi Joseph! Some links are broken...

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

Outlook clients adjusting server name to new server?
I will be migrating from an Exchange 2000 server to an Exchange 2003 server on new hardware soon and because I can not rename the new server to that of the old without causing heaps of problems I am going to go ahead and use a new name for the new server. The question I have is, will my Outlook clients (a mix of Outlook 2000 and 2003) automatically adjust their settings to connect to the new server name, or will I have to manually go around and change the setting on each client? I read on a forum somewhere along the line that it will happen automatically, but I can't seem to find a...

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

Can't create new balance sheet accounts
In GP 9, I'm unable to create a new balance sheet account in the Account Maintenance window (Cards >> Financial >> Account). The posting type area and both its options (Balance Sheet / Profit and Loss) are greyed out, so I can't select either option. I don't believe this is a security issue, since this procedure was tried while logged on as "sa". Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Hello, It can't be. There is no issue as such I've heard of before on the Account Maintenance window. I doubt any of the follow...

Hidden fields in new emails
When I begin to type a new message, the text doesn't appear (the words are hidden) until spell check/sending/or printing. When I select the icon for the font color of text (black) it begins to show my typing as I'm composing the message, but the other words (anything I typed in the 'hidden field') only shows up in the spell check portion and remains hidden. Why are my messages starting with this hidden field and how do I get rid of it? I'm sure I must have pressed some command inadvertently as it was not always working like this. (only been using about a week so s...

convert Times New Roman Special G1 into arial
hello. I need to convert a text written with font Times New Roman Special G1, which I downloaded from the internet, into a font availanble in most computers, such as arial. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot. Fabian This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I suspect you're asking about how to do this with some other product. I'd recommend reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever product it is you're trying to use. If you are talking about Access, please explain what exactly it is that you downloaded fro...

Newbie
I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of Windows Server 2003. When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exchange Management System - EMS) I navigated to Servers - Exchange1 - Protocols - SMTP There's no default SMTP server listed in there. How can I get one in there? -Fran- Did you have IIS installed already? <Fran> wrote in message news:vmrpu1h04d06lpot07kbqu78lnsflpqcaa@4ax.com... >I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of > Windows Server 2003. > > When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exch...

Car Trade-In & New Purchase
I've got a car in Money as an asset, and an associated loan. I've never depreciated the value of the car. It's obviously worth a lot less at the time of trade in so I first need to adjust the depreciated value to reflect the trade-in price. The old loan had more on it than the trade-in value. The trade in was subtracted, and the old loan added to the financing of the new car. No down payment was made. So poor asset management aside, how do I get rid of the two accounts for the old car, and generate a new asset and loan account for the new car? If I set up the loan and...

Categorized emails vanish after applying new category to 300 uncategorized email
System info: Outlook 2002 running on XP Summary I had about 3000 emails in my inbox: -about 2500 of these emails had categories applied to them (no more than one category applied per email, and there were about 30 or so categories) -500 had no categories applied (none) I selected ~300 of the 500 uncategorized emails in order to apply one category to them. I noticed when the category box was displayed, all categories in the list of the apply category dialog were selected/grayed which usually means you have selected items that have one or more of those categories already ap...

Unable to create new user on CRM 4.0
Hi everyone, I've a problem with my CRM 4.0 server. Since I use dcpromo on it (at first the CRM 4.0 server was DC and now it's only a server) I can't create new user on the CRM. The CRM works perfectly with the actuel user but I can't create/ reactive user... The message is in French, it's quite simple :( No info in the message, it just says me that an error has occured... I tried using the 2 methods in the CRM, it's the same error I don't know what can be the problem, and I don't now what do to ... I need help Thanks Potentially to do with Network Service a...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

Installer Cleanup Utility installs with errors
Using XP Pro SP3 and Office 2000 SR-1 Premium. Need to use Windows Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe to fix Office, but got following errors during installation: Internal Error 2908. {121634B3-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B5-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {BF1C5C32-2FC9-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B6-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} === Logging stopped: 19/04/2010 14:50:47 === The installer ended with a "successful installation" and the utility was placed in Program items, but runs with the same e...

NEW MENU
Hi, In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the "most recent" list). How does one do it in Excel 2007? Thanks. "CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AF8A7BC-5013-4BEC-B13A-3B7B8F4E4220@microsoft.com... > Hi, > In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for > such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from > the > "most recent" list). > &g...

internet explorer 8, window visa
i put 8 on my computer,lot site would not repond,could not close them out.....dont like 8. i wont install again, on my computer. dont like w visa........................going to buy window 7...............................hope it work better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

How to sometimes open form to new record?
I have a parent form which is then linked to a child form. I want to have two buttons on the parent form, one to open the child form and display all the records with the corresponding foreign key, and one button to open the child form to a new record with the corresponding foreign key already inserted. I have figured out how to open the child form to a new record, but I cannot figure out how to insert the parent ID into the child foreign key. Help! Thanks. Megan, You don't have to enter the ParentID in the Child subfrom records... Establish a one many relationship between the Pa...

new XmlDataDocument(DataSet) throws exception
hi if i try to synchronize a dataset with xml using XmlDataDocument dataDoc = new XmlDataDocument(dataSetName) it throws an exception saying Object reference not set to an instance of the object. WHY? my dataset has 4 tables not related to each other in any way. please respond! ...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Business Portal Migration Utility
I opened a support request in 2008 with MBS to see if they had a migration utility to migrate business Portal/Sharepoint configuration from a test environment to production. Has any developed either a list of tasks or a utility to do this yet ? ...

Imaging new PCs
Our company is getting ready to roll-out new PCs for our Accounting desktop. We are also upgrading from Dynamics 7 to 8. I wanted to include the new Dynamics client install in our Ghost image, but our Accounting people are saying that the consultants do not want us to image these PCs. Can anyone tell me if they know of any issues with Dynamics being part of a desktop image? If so, can you give me the details of the problem? Hi I cannot see any issues to why you cannot do this? Maybe its because different users have different modified forms & reports etc.. I have advise clien...

Checking a folder for new email
Hi, We have a process that sends an email for every message that is processed (3rd party app). This app dies every now and then and the only way we have to find out about it is that we do not receive emails. Is there a way I can have a scrip that runs on my PC that checks every 15mins for emails in this folder? and then, if the oldest email in the folder is older than 2h seen an alert, popup, email or something? Thanks. George. Am Wed, 10 May 2006 15:28:33 -0400 schrieb George Lake: You can use a task reminder. Each time the reminder fires, add 15 minutes to the reminder time with th...

opening an offline .PST file in a new laptop
While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? Raj M <Raj M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks > for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? State EXACTLY what you're doing, including the version of Outlook. Unless you have defined an Exchange account in your mail profile you shouldn't be getting that prompt. Open the Mail applet in Control Panel, remove the Exchange account, and add th...

update data in table for new Format
I have a table with several thousand records. currently i have serial numbers stored as number but i now need to change the format. currently it is 4-8 digits. the new format should be xx-xxxxxx (2 digits a "-" and 6 more digits). I need this new value to store the "-" in the field. I know i can switch the field to a text field and this works but i need a way to convert existing data to the new format. I tried a mask format but it starts at the beinging. so if i put in a ##-###### and my data is 4021 it gives me 40-21 and i need 00-004021. Any ideas on this...

Can charts automatically change by entering new range of dates
I am creating a Dashboard report for my Accounting department at work and I have a weekly one I set up with links for the series of a chart to another worksheet. Easy. But what I am trying to do is instead of creating a new one each week by changing the link location for the data is there a way I can just enter in a range of dates and the charts automatically change and filer in the new data without me having to change the link in the series where the data entry is coming from?? You can define a dynamic range that adjusts to dates you enter into cells. I wrote a somewhat involved tut...

Help: Shell out to File Explorer
I want to fire up File Explorer and open it to a specific folder on the network. How would I code that? In news:8C635612-613B-49EA-BD99-2B24D34A2501@microsoft.com, Perico <Perico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to fire up File Explorer and open it to a specific folder on > the network. How would I code that? Have you tried just following the folder path as a hyperlink, like this: Dim strFolderPath As String strFolderPath = " ... your path to the folder in question ..." Application.FollowHyperlink strFolderPath -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MV...