new document and framework problem

Hi,

I have a dialog I need to display at the start of a new
document in my SDI app. My problem is the first time
through, it will show before the app is drawn. Where
should I put a call to run the dialog if I want to be
sure to only do so after the app is initially drawn?

I currently use a check in the view's OnDraw, but I'm
hoping someone else who knows the framework better has a
better idea.

Thanks,
scott

0
anonymous (74722)
1/14/2004 7:39:09 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't think OnDraw is appropriate at all because that gets called all the
time.

How about OnInitialUpdate?

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits

"guysmiley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a dialog I need to display at the start of a new
> document in my SDI app. My problem is the first time
> through, it will show before the app is drawn. Where
> should I put a call to run the dialog if I want to be
> sure to only do so after the app is initially drawn?
>
> I currently use a check in the view's OnDraw, but I'm
> hoping someone else who knows the framework better has a
> better idea.
>
> Thanks,
> scott

0
jwood (1292)
1/14/2004 7:55:00 PM
I am not sure what you mean by the App is initially drawn. Are you talking about splash
screen that comes up before the app is drawn?

If you mean to draw it just after the view is created, you can do so in OnInitialUpdate.
You can post a one time message at the end of the method. In its handler, you can display
the dialog.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"guysmiley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have a dialog I need to display at the start of a new
| document in my SDI app. My problem is the first time
| through, it will show before the app is drawn. Where
| should I put a call to run the dialog if I want to be
| sure to only do so after the app is initially drawn?
|
| I currently use a check in the view's OnDraw, but I'm
| hoping someone else who knows the framework better has a
| better idea.
|
| Thanks,
| scott

0
ajaykalra (6842)
1/14/2004 7:57:30 PM
Thanks Ajay!

0
anonymous (74722)
1/14/2004 8:18:36 PM
I didn't think so either, but I couldn't remember an
alternative.

Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)

web access subject problem
Hello everybody, I'm working at home at this time and I'm reading my e- mails from my job's server by outlook web access. But I can't read messages which has subject with dot or any non- alphabetic characters (.&! etc.) Could anybody help to me ? thx Gyuri ...

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

Vlookup & Sumif Problem
Help !! I'm trying to combine Vlookup and SumIf (with 2 conditions!) I've attached a sample file with an example of what I'm trying to do !!! Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Cheers Andy File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=278716 (vlookup.xls) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Your attachment didn't come through. That's good, since this isn't a ..binary newsgroup. Very few regulars ...

word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br> Is there a way I can create a list with boxes instead of bullets or numbers? I want to make a check list. <br> Thanks for your help Hi, create a list, then select all the items and click on Format>Bullets and Numbering. Select any one of the styles displayed, then click on the Customize button. In the new window that opens, click on Bullet and choose one of the symbols that looks like a box. Click on OK twice, and you're back in your document, with your list formatted as a check list. Al...

CRM login problem in IE
Recently some of our CRM users have started facing the login problem through IE. As soon as they enter their username and password, the IE close down. The strange thing is that same user is able to login from an other machine. IE version is 6.0 with SP1 on both machines, windows is properly updated on both machines, but why user is able to login from one machine but not from the other machine. Any idea???? any solution Regards --MAC See if they have any pop-up blockers. If so, disable them. "MAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845701c48520$497e2...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

SMTP: Advanced Queue problem
Hi occassionally, we have an issue where an email correctly addressed, and processed Ok through our Mail checking software fails to arrive in recipients mailbox. When this happens, within the Exchange Tracking Centre, there are three entries: Message submitted to Advanced Queuing Started message submission to Advanced Queuing Advanced Queuing failed to deliver message. Can some kind person explain what is happening please, and where the messages are ending up, and what I need to do to stop this happening Many thanks Alex ...

Send mail problem
I have a small (3 computer lan) and am using outlook 97 on the networked computers. The system has worked fine for about four months but recently the networked computers cannot send email. The error: 'No transport provider is available to send to this recipient.' comes back everytime. I'm on DSL with sbcglobal.net and mail from the server works fine. TIA, Jim ...

Flickering Problem
Hi I am fresher in VC++. I am working on a VC++ Project. I have a serious flickering problem when i am resizing the window. Please help me. vani You may want to look at CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW styles. CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW tell Windows to erase the entire window if a movement or size adjustment changes the width (CS_HREDRAW) or height (CS_VREDRAW) of the client area. Following shows how to get rid of these styles for mainframe: // Register your own window class without CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT&a...

Password problems
I see that I'm not the only one having password problems with Money. Recently I've had to re-enter my password several times in order to get in. Today that didn't work at all - I just couldn't sign in no matter what. I'm quite sure I did not forget the password. Nor is caps lock set on. It seems to be some kind of Passport problem, because if I turn off Passport access, I can at least get access to the account. (I'm sure you can imagine how I'd feel if all my financial data went poof!) Yet I'm still able to sign in to Hotmail using Passport. Anyone have...

Outlook problem #33
I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? Thanks PaulaDawn <blah@blah.net> wrote: > I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive > files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? > Thanks You could have a corrupt mail profile. Check the properties of the matching folders files to see if they are distinct or not. I ao, then you can continue to use whichever of the PSTs you wish. If not, then create a new mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

Problems with XmlSchema name mangling XmlSchemaSet compilation
Hello Xml Gurus, I'm trying to build an XML schema in memory using the System.Xml.XmlSchema namespace objects, validate it, and then write it to a file. The problem I'm facing is that XmlSchema.Write() is changing <xsd:element minOccurs="1" name="AccountId" type="s-xsd:primarykey" /> to be <xsd:element minOccurs="1" name="AccountId" xmlns:q1="s-xsd" type="q1:primarykey" /> and I am also getting the following error messages by XmlSchemaSet.Compile() Namespace 's-xsd' is not a...

new emails don't show without clicking send-receive
new emails don't show without clicking send-receive button--and now I've lost the send/receive button. What do I do? thanks ...

problems navigating to folders
I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having problems navigating to folders. When I click on "Open" the "Open" box opens but when I click on the "look in" down arrow, the following box opens "Initalizing Folders" box opens, and then when I try to go anywhere else it just sits there. Any suggestions? Follow up: This same action happens in all of Office 2007 products, Word, Access etc. "fbcmusicmark" wrote: > I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having > problems navigating t...

Repeat formula in new rows
I have created a simple spread sheet to keep track of finances. Each day I want to enter a stock price at the beginning of a new row and then have about 8 columns adjust their amounts in the new row. When I enter a new stock price at the beginning of a new line and press enter, only two of the 8 columns tabulate and produce new amounts. The two columns that do act correctly have these formulas on line 14 for example: F14 has: =50000*B14 J14 has: =F14-187492.97 Some of the ones that do not adjust and stay blank have these formulas on line 13: C13 has: =B13-B12 but there is nothing i...

Access 2003
My question is in 2 parts and concerns a new business contacts database and the questions are: - Question 1 I want to be able to attach Word documenst (letters) and pdf's to each contact so I have a full archive history showing my activity against each contact i.e. when I access each contact a would like to have a full archive of all of the contact I have had with each contact and be able to see the letters I've drafted and sent. Question 2 I want to give this new contact list to my team and assign them each a unique tag so I can tell who has last accessed the record. Am no...

Sorting problem #6
Please help me out, I need cheering up! How do I sort a sheet (say 10 rows of 5 columns) into 1 row of 50 columns, where each 5 columns in the new single row is made up of the successive rows of 5 columns of the original data? I don't want to cut and paste. Cheers, B. Hi in A1 on your second sheet enter the following formula: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,INT((COLUMN()-1)/5),MOD(COLUMN()-1),5)) and copy this to the right -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "The Bodster" <stefanbodo@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2p9gd.2773$uf.329@newsfe4-gui.ntli.ne...

PCRE & MFC: problem with link error
I'm trying to get an MFC v6 project to link with the C Perl Compatible Regular Expression (pcre) library, and encountering a link error about unresolved references. Pcre seems mostly oriented to the unix/linux world, and more or less unaware that Microsoft exists. There is a C++ "wrapper" but it seems mostly for having a regex object, which isn't what I'm struggling with. Help appreciated. I'm mostly ignorant about using the linker beyond using the ide. extern "C" { #include "pcre.h" } BOOL CPcreTestApp::InitInstance() { pcre *re = NULL; ...

Outlook Pop3 Password Problems
Hi I have Outlook 2000 on a windows XP home PC. When i tick the remember my password box, it isnt remembering it!!!! Can anyone help? Hi, here is the MS Article about your Problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;259416 it is an >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have Outlook 2000 on a windows XP home PC. When i tick >the remember my password box, it isnt remembering it!!!! > >Can anyone help? >. > On systems, Outlook or Outlook Express will not remember the e-mail password, which would then need to be entered in each time. To s...

Office 2008 Word problem

OE mail template "new" and "replay" modify
hi I am not sure this is the proper group for outlook express, but anyway: is it possible to modify the templates of an e-mail message "new" and "reply" - i need to have the field "Bcc" (hidden copy) filled with a default e-mail address string - in Outlook Express -- best regards, mac maziek wrote: > hi > > I am not sure this is the proper group for outlook express, but anyway: > > is it possible to modify the templates of an e-mail message "new" and > "reply" - i need to have the field "Bcc" (hidden copy) ...

Problem importing external data
Hi, all; I'm using Excel as the repository for some Oracle records I'm following in testing our application. One row is the record in the text file, next row is the record after being imported to the DB, next row is after another process, etc. and so forth. Each row (after the first) is added using the Import External Data wizard, which usually works just fine. The problem is that sometimes, when the row is "put" into the worksheet, it seems to push all the rest of the rows way out to the right, so that what used to be in column A is now in column BD. That's one more...

VC7 upgrade, CFileDialog problem
Hi everybody, Recently upgraded a project to VC7 and this seems to be the cause of a new bug for us. We have a class derived from CFileDialog. In OnInitDone() we do some customization but now: pParentWnd->GetDlgItem(edt1); doesn't seem to work anymore. the edt1 control is missing now?! Anybody know the answer to this? River, I have the same problem but found the cause. If you look at ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2005JAN.1033/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/commondialogboxlibrary/aboutcommondialogboxes/openandsaveasdialogboxes.htm That's my msdn help lin...

SBS Reinstall Problems
I have a new client who had his SBS 2003 R1 server go down due to a bad hard drive. His Network is comprised of 1 Server, 5 XP Workstations. His previous IT either did not document his system or took it with him when he disappeared. Also there are no backups. He initially brought me his server to repair, because it wouldn't boot. After verifying that the hard drive was bad, I reinstalled SBS based on info I gathered from the client. By doing this I didn?t account for 2 things. One was I didn't take into account the 5 workstations already in place as well as the current use...

Adding a new company to exsiting Exchange Server
I have an exsiting domain and our company just purchased another company and we are moving them to our location and we want to add their users to our exchange server. I have went to the website msexchange.org and followed the Shared hosting with exchange part 1. 1 I dont have ADSI Edit tool and we planned on them joining our domain, is this going to be a probblem? 2. When adding users to the new OU it defaults to our domain email and not the new company email what did I miss? Thank you for your time on this manner. On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:19:04 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.micro...