Need help with an OLE server application

Hello,

I am working on an OLE document server application. I started from the code
generated by the AppWizard and added our drawing code. It works fine just a
problem - the container drawing never gets updated after edited. It seems
however, the document server is serialized succesfully because the document
displays OK when activated. Anything could be wrong here? Please help me
thanks.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Losing the Document in a SDI application
I have a fairly complicated SDI application which recently has had the problem that it, at times, looses the document. Basic architecture is SDI, with a splitter window. The Document has three views: View1 is always present in Pane(0,0) of the splitter. View2 and View3 are presented in Pane(0,1) of the splitter, with the Mainframe handling the switching between the two. The application has a serial connection to a piece of lab equipment. We have a threaded serial communication class, which posts a message when data is received. When the RECEIVED message is posted, the Mainframe rea...

would a SQL service pack help for Crystal?
Hello: There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client. Without going into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run by the client. At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal report. They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report. Later, they refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate. No data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal report ws refreshed. Obviously, the concern is why do...

Exchange 2000 Recovery Server
Hello, We need to create a recovery server for Exchange 2000. The production Exchange server is a member server. I know that we need to create another Win 2K AD, to limit the amount of hardware used can this recovery server also be installed on the domain controller or will they need to be on seperate servers to match the production enviornment? Thanks You can absolutely put you recovery server and DC all on the same server (just make sure it is in its own AD forest and own Exchange org). "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE2E823-62FC-440C...

Help needed in excel transpose #3
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Change SMTP Server name in Message-ID
Dear all, I just have migrated Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange Server 5.5 for customer. Then customer ask me to change Exchange Server SMTP name (because cannot change NETBIOS name without re-installed.) So, I change through Exchange System Manager > SMTP Virtual Server > Delivery Tab > Advance > FQDN name from "thoresex1.thoresen.com" to "mail.thoresen.com" It seem OK except "message-ID" still appear like; "Message-ID: <2130B2528CD4B4408AEF7B50583E58800F8560@thoresex1.thoresen ...com>" Please see all message headers below:...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

Help! Event NDR Warnings
I have been recieving these errors constantly with variable usernames but the same domain name: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: NDR Event ID: 3030 Date: 6/17/2005 Time: 7:08:23 AM User: N/A Computer: Exchnageservername Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.3.2 was generated for recipient rfc822;ingun1234@empal.com (Message-ID <9k2$30qc36rha6-9$$w671@rw26.gmo34z28>). Is someone trying or is someone succeeding in using my mail server as a relay? If so how do I tighten it up? -Harry On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:27:50 -0400, ...

Encoding of Mails sent through CRM Server
Hi all, we're experiencing three problems concerning Microsoft CRM Server 1.2 German: (1) While sending mails the CRM Server violates that the length of a single unterminated line can be 1000 bytes as stated in RFC 788 (see 4.5.3 size of text line). Some firewalls, e.g. Watchguard in default configuration, denies incoming mails (and outgoing also), logging the event "client send oversized line - terminating session". (Watchguard can manually be configured to allow more than 1000 bytes.) Thus, mails to some recipients may never be deliverable as the sender using ...

help with automatic reply
I set up an automatice reply to all senders when I was on vacation and I cannot turn it OFF! PLEASE HELP! ...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

Registry question
Hello Group, How can I create a registry key that can be deleted by any user on the machine. A sample code or any other reference will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Geo On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:49:25 -0700, Geo wrote: >How can I create a registry key that can be deleted by >any user on the machine. Then you'd have to put it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. See the family of functions which begin Reg... with particular attention to RegCreateKeyEx, RegSetValueEx and RegCloseKey. Here's a sample (trivial) function. It adds a key/value, and is designed to make the registry look l...

windows installer starts whenever office application is opened
I have recently reloaded MS office 2007 on my computer. Everytime any office application is started windows installer window opens up saying that it is configuring office 2007. It goes off after some time and application loads and works normally after that. It is considerably slowing launching of the application and is not allowing me to load outlook connector. regards This can happen if you are running multiple version of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may ben...

Exchange Server Not Available Issue
I have been having trouble recently with Outlook 2002 running on XP Home Edition. Until last weeks blackout in NYC, I was able to connect to my exchange server for my email. Since then, every time I try to connect, I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Servier is Not Available". However, if I connect to the exchange server through the internet via the IP address, the server is online and I can get to my mail. Nothing has changed on my machine and the group that supports my exchange server says everything looks ok from there. Others are able to connect to the serve...

Help with leading zero getting strip by Excel when saving to a .cs
I am saving a worksheet from Excel to .csv I have a number 0000457, but when I open it up the .csv file then the zeros all goine. I can show them in Excel if I format the column as text. Need answer ASAP!! Type a ' before the number. Hope this helps; if it does, please rate my post. G.Morales. "klafert" wrote: > I am saving a worksheet from Excel to .csv I have a number 0000457, but when > I open it up the .csv file then the zeros all goine. I can show them in > Excel if I format the column as text. Need answer ASAP!! It gets stripped when opening it in e...

free/busy scheduling is greyed out! Help!
All My Outlook 2003 SP2 free/busy scheduling is greyed out (thus, it's stuck on 6 months.) Any idea how to get it to be un-greyed out? Thank you Joe ...

from Access to SQL server
I wonder who could help me with this. Is it possible to migrate an already programmed database in MS Access to SQL Server or this needs complete reprogramming? Thank you marcp Hi Marc, This depends largely on (a) your database and (b) whether you want to benefit from the increased performance that SQL server can deliver. With a simple database and no need to optimise performance, you may need to do little more than run the Upsizing Wizard. On the other hand, if you are moving to SQL Server in order to provide better support for large numbers of users, major revision is likely to be ne...

Unable to uninstall Exchange 2003 server
Trying to uninstall Exchange 2003 from the first Exchange server. (out of two, second being a 2 node A/P cluster) Got all the public folders/roles/mailboxes moved over. All except for a few system mailboxes which shouldn't matter anyway, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox. (right?) So I go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, to remove Exchange, and it throws me this error: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging Collaboration Services" cannot be assigne the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. Thes...

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++ #2
* bump * Any suggestions? Please... * bump * -- Crocodil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Could you provide the linking error you have got! ...

Need VBA code to enter text into a textbox !!!!
Does anybody know one line of code that will allow me to enter a number into a textbox on a worksheet. when I record a macro I get.. Sheets("venn").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 27").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "123" I thought this implies I could code this like so... Dim sht as sheet set sht = activesheet.shapes("Text Box 27") sht.characters.text = "123" set sht = nothing But this does not work !! what is the correct way of doing this ? How about: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim sht As W...

HELP WITH UPLOADING WEBSITE FROM MICROSOFT PUB 2003
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING MY WEBPAGES POSTED INTO MY WEBSITE. MY HOSTING COMPANY IS EARTHLINK AND THEY SAY THE PROBLEM IS WITH MICROSOFT PUBLISHER WHEN I CHECK MY FILES IT UPLOAD TO THE FILE BUT NOT ONTO THE WEB PAGE TEETH wrote: > I AM HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING MY WEBPAGES POSTED INTO MY WEBSITE. MY HOSTING > COMPANY IS EARTHLINK AND THEY SAY THE PROBLEM IS WITH MICROSOFT PUBLISHER > WHEN I CHECK MY FILES IT UPLOAD TO THE FILE BUT NOT ONTO THE WEB PAGE a) Please turn off the caps. It's considered yelling and at the moment you're loud enough to be heard in Nebraska. No...

Need Help Adding Line to Bar Graph
Hi, I�m working on a bar graph with 2 series of comparable data � firs series is YTD @ Current Month, second series is Current Month. I woul like to add 2 lines to show the system (or overall) average of bot series. (x-axis=co region; y-axis= score) How do I do this? I do not want a trending line. I just want straight line to show overall average. Right now, I�m just drawing line on the chart but I would like something that will adjust t updated data. Any help is greatly appreciated -- jcstoddar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcstoddard'...

Error: -3260, can't connect to the server.

Array Serialization Help
Hi all, I know this topic has been asked quite a bit. However, I cannot seem to find a solution for my particular problem. I have a class that contains properties of strongly typed ICollection objects. For example, class MyClass { public MyTypedCollectionA A { get { return _collA; } set { _collA = value; } } public MyTypedCollectionB B { get { return _collB; } set { _collB = value; } } private MyTypedCollectionA _collA; private MyTypedCollectionB _collB; } When I serialize this class to XML, it behaves as I would like - only the non null collection objects are serialized....

Radio or Option button? Help Please
I'm having a problem, I'm copying a test from the web which has a radio/option button to use to choose the correct answer. My problem is when I paste it into my word document it has a black square around it. How can I erase the black square, but not the button? It looks ugly and will waste a ton of ink when I print this. Thanks in advance for all your help :) Can you replace it with the radio button in word? Just delete the one that comes over from the web. Ferrell "Rhonda" wrote: > I'm having a problem, I'm copying a test from the web ...