Need help opening an Access DB using CDaoDatabase

When trying to open an existing Access DB (.mdb) I get the following
exception:

"Unrecognized database format 'C:\path...\database.mdb'

I am trying to use CDaoDatabase as follows:

CDaoDatabase m_accessDb;
m_accessDb.Open("C:\\path...\\database.mdb");

Invoking the Open member function throws the DAO exception.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Jim Fleming" <jimfleming@charter.net> wrote in message
> When trying to open an existing Access DB (.mdb) I get the following
> exception:
>
> "Unrecognized database format 'C:\path...\database.mdb'
>
> I am trying to use CDaoDatabase as follows:
>
> CDaoDatabase m_accessDb;
> m_accessDb.Open("C:\\path...\\database.mdb");
>
> Invoking the Open member function throws the DAO exception.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jim

sounds like you're opening an access 2000 database.

Read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;236991

0
billt61 (145)
10/18/2004 12:09:46 AM
Jim,

Here's what I had to do in this situation: Start Microsoft Access, and then
go to Tools>>Database Utilities>>Convert Database>>To Prior Access Database
Version.  (It seems that VC++ v6 is slightly behind Access2000, so dropping
back to an earlier Access file format is necessary.)

Hope that helps.

Jack.

"Jim Fleming" <jimfleming@charter.net> wrote in message
> When trying to open an existing Access DB (.mdb) I get the following
> exception:
>
> "Unrecognized database format 'C:\path...\database.mdb'
>
> I am trying to use CDaoDatabase as follows:
>
> CDaoDatabase m_accessDb;
> m_accessDb.Open("C:\\path...\\database.mdb");
>
> Invoking the Open member function throws the DAO exception.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jim

Reporting from Project Server

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

owa cant open ppt attachments

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Using Relative path for XML data file?

I need a macro

cannot open hyper links in outlook

using the journal on outlook

Please help #8

Access to User Calendar

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Help with importing data

Problem with different versions of Access
Hello, I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server database. I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a database table, so when I enter a value from my form the data in instantaneously updated in the database. The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in a...