nconsistent CListBox behavior between Windows XP and 2000

Hello,

I have extended the CListBox class so I can select Folders instead of just
Files.  When I send the CDM_GETSPEC message to get the currently selected
item, I get the correct folder when I test with Windows XP.  However, when I
run my app on Wndows 2000, CDM_GETSPEC returns an empty string ("").  Also,
sending of the CDM_GETFILEPATH message works as desired for XP, but only
returns the parent folder in 2000.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Neil

0
nsethi (6)
3/1/2005 7:29:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. ...

strange report behavior
when running the Miscellaneous | Vouchers - Detailed Report, if the report is refreshed, the transaction number column changes to currency. Can anyone else replicate this, or is it just me? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03E7_01C6E3E5.01944CF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable root, Ha ha, yep! Reason - a hidden column (Balance) refreshes over it. Really not sure = why the column is hidden anyway.=20 Fix - Unmark the file from being read-only, open the report file in = Notepad, ...

Adding a copy of an open window to an excel worksheet
I have an open window on my desktop that I need to make a snapshot of and put in an excel worksheet. I did this by accident once and I can't duplicate it. Hi Jane To capture the window on your desktop; press and hold Ctrl-Alt-Print Screen then in Excel just paste . HTH John "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E5F89E9-EB63-4843-9D00-BDEF843DE72C@microsoft.com... >I have an open window on my desktop that I need to make a snapshot of and put > in an excel worksheet. I did this by accident once and I can't duplicate it. 1...

how to insert text in inspector's editor window?
I am developing an addin for outlook2000 with VC/ATL. Now I want to insert (NOT append) the text into the mailitem's body. The problem is that I can not find Inspector.Selection or MailItem.Selection or MailEditor.Selection interface. I searched internet and got no idea. if I can get the email editor window's handle, I can also use clipboard api to insert text. But I do not know how to get the editor window's handle! Can anyon help me? Thanks in advance. redguard Plain text editor: no documented way of doing that, but you can get the handle of the inspector (QI Inspector for...

Windows experience Index
Since I have upgraded from Vista 64 to Win 7 64, I can not get the Windows Experience Index to run without the graphics card being reset a few times resulting in a index score of 2. I have changed the Nvidia driver to the most current to support my GT220 card. Any suggestions? Just a update. I am getting "nvidia windows kernel mode driver not responding" during my index updating "John Knapp" <johnk@stny.rr.com> wrote in message news:C25FC7D2-9D6B-4AAC-8D91-7FF294E1528F@microsoft.com... > Since I have upgraded from Vista 64 to Win 7 64, I can not ...

Money for pocket PC 2006 and Windows Vista
Hello. I can't get to install money for pocket pc 2006 in windows vista. Everything goes ok installing mnyppc06.exe but fails registering ActiveDsk.dll. I think this is the reason I can't see money icon on Device Center content sync settings. Any thoughts? Thanks in anvance Is Money 2006 for Window Mobile 5 and Money 2006 even supposed to sync via Vista's sync center? I had thought that Money 2006 for WM required ActiveSync, which doesn't run on Vista. Richard wrote: > Hello. I can't get to install money for pocket pc 2006 in windows vista. > Everything goes...

XL 03:Side by side windows: as you resize one workbook, the other.
Excel 2003: Side by side windows. An excellent new feature, very good. But if you resize one of the workbooks, the other should resize automatically. One gets bigger the other smaller. What if more than 2 workbooks open, choose 2 (or 3 or 4?) which resize automatically and the remaining workbooks do not change size. I often have 2 open on the screen, so they should resize automatically. Not so new. Window>New Window>Arrange has been around for many versions. Sorry about the resize part. Resizing is property of the Window and not the workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25...

ms money 2003 with windows EP
I am currently using Money 2003 with Windows XP Home version. I share my computer with my daughter. She now wants to do her finances using MS Money. Is it possible for us both to use it without having access to the others information? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Mommy wrote: >I am currently using Money 2003 with Windows XP Home >version. I share my computer with my daughter. She now >wants to do her finances using MS Money. Is it possible >for us both to use it without having access to the others >information? Yes. You can be using different XP logins, or th...

Outlook XP Locks up
Outlook freezes when I try and view a particular folder in my personal directory. I have tried repairing it with the PST repair tool, but it can't find anything wrong. Any ideas? If not, what will it take to create a new PST file and transfer everything to it? Ken ...

Office XP
When opening an Excel file from Outlook XP, and then doing as "Save As...", Excel ignores the default location and attempts to save it to a location something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\... Is there a way to get it to automatically save to Excel's default location (under Options>General)? Thanks.....Kyle I'm not sure there is a way. When you open the attachment, Outlook has to have some scratch area to make the attachment an excel file. It looks like you know your location. You could use some kind of...

To Move Multiple mailbox simultaneously in Exchange 2000
Hi I wanted to move arround 2000 mailboxes from one server to other is there any way to do it simultaneouly in Exchange 2000. Please help me Regards Kartik On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:55:03 -0800, Kartik <Kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I wanted to move arround 2000 mailboxes from one server to other is there >any way to do it simultaneouly in Exchange 2000. Please help me > >Regards >Kartik In ADU&C select them all and right click, selecting Exchange tasks. You can't move them all at once in E2K but at least you will only have one imput to ...

Windows Server 2008 Standard Technologies
Can someone tell me exactly what Windows Server 2008 Standard Technologies is, and how it differs from Windows Server 2008? I have asked this before and not received any answers. I have look everywhere and not found anything that talks about it. It is in the SBS package, however it too does not explain exactly what it is? Thank you, any information is greatly appreciated. -- Thank you Mike Hammerfish Perhaps if you told us where do you see the Term Windows Server 2008 Standard Technologies used? What URL? context? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP...

Deleting contacts in Windows Mail
Yesterday I received an email from a company we do business with. It auto added the email to my contacts. I went into contacts and deleted her. However now when I go to type a message to someone else in my contacts with the same first name her email address still pops up first. Any ideas on another place to delete this contact. How to clear the email auto-complete entries in Windows Mail http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clear-the-email-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA &qu...

CHtmlView problem with popup windows
I am using CHtmlView to browse pages of CRM web system. There are many cases when user can invoke popup windows from main window . I use OnNewWindow2(LPDISPATCH FAR* ppDisp, BOOL FAR* Cancel) event handler to assign ppDisp new value from created child window with another CHtmlView instance m_pWnd->m_pView->SetRegisterAsBrowser( TRUE ); *ppDisp = m_pWnd->m_pView->GetApplication(); The PROBLEM is when I close child window I can't invoke popup window clicking on any link in main window anymore. Only when I call refresh of main window I can invoke popup windows. This is no...

Outlook 2000 Corporate setup
Having reconfigured Outlook 2000 to the Corporate setup I can't find a way to disable (or minimize) the "Deliver Messages" box which shows the picking up and delivering of messages. It is an intrusive screen that pops up and stops whatever I'm working on. What option have I missed clicking? Thanks ...

manual uninstall of Pub 2000
How do I manually uninstall Pub2k?? Using add/remove programs or the cd, it will not repair, uninstall, re-install...nothing. So there must be a registry hack I can use. (and it seems that clip art is the culprit but I'd rather clean all of Pub out) Any thoughts??? Thanks I have Publisher 2000 and have tried to do a repair without success. The uninstall is tougher than lawn weed roots. You just have to keep trying. Presently it's running without any glitches. (On Windows 98 SE - SCSI 10k rpm hard drives) -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in Ame...

Conditional formatting bug in excel 2000 SP3
Hello, in excel 2000 sp3, i found a bug using conditional formatting. Let's say i have two cells A1 and A2. I want to set A2 backcolor according to A1 backcolor. If i set conditional formatting on A2 cell, using =iscouleur("A1") as the condition for the formatting. Iscouleur is a custom VBA function defined as: public function iscouleur(r as range) as boolean iscouleur=(r.interior.color>0) end function It works OK, but if I want to set manually the backcolor of A2, although there is already a conditional formatting on the backcolor, then it crash with "Memory cannot...

can not open group contact folders in windows mail
not sure what has happened but as of today whne i try to openmy contact group i am asked with default program i need to open it with. so my 2 questions are : 1. why did this change 2. which default program will open my group contact thanks troy Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows Contacts". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its = defaults&...

reinstalling Publisher 2000
I have a stupid question. I am installing my own version of Publisher 2000 on my new laptop. I have misplaced my key code. Is there any way to find it on my old desktop? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;823570 How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup To obtain a new product key for your Office program, call 1-800-936-5700 and speak to a customer service representative. When you call Microsoft for a new Office product key, have the following items ready and available for the customer service representative: a.. The product CD-ROM. b.. The comput...

Windows XP
Please treat me like a total amateur here. I do not understand much computer lingo and need the most straight forward, non-technical answer. I moved this week. I set up my computer which is a 2003 Windows XP (emachines). When I turned it on, it kept giving me a screen to select "Start windows normally" or in "Safe Mode". Neither of these worked and I tried over and over. I eventually hit either F10 or F11 and got a screen that offered to do a system recovery in a "non-destructive" way. It said I would not lose files. However, after doing so, the ...

Closing windows
I'm using the Toolkit Pro from CodeJock and my application has several floating/dockable panes and tabbed MainFrame derived from CXTPMDIFrameWnd to hold my CChildFrame windows. I am implementing an option to 'tear off' these tabs and make them docking/floating windows. So, I have several CChildFrame windows, each with a view of some sort. I can create a new floating/dockable pane and attach the view to the new pane, but how do I then programmatically close the child window. I have a pointer to the undesired CChildFrame - m_pChildGanttChart and a pointer to the view I have j...

Outlook 2000 and outgoing SMTP settings
I use Outlook 2000 for my company email...Incoming mail (POP3) is no problem, I cannot, however, configure the SMTP (outgoing) correctly...I have a XXXX@msn.com email address that I assume uses Hotmail...I've tried both smtp.email.msn.com & secure.smtp.email.msn.com...none work at all...any ideas??? MSN does not support pop and SMTP once you used it with web mail. Ol2000 does not support webmail... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expe...

GPT Partition Table on Windows 7?
Hi everyone, Did I understand that right? MBR is the standard Partition Table for Windows and only can be used for the Hard disks WITH Windows on it. However the GUID Partition Table (GPT) be used ONLY for additional Hard disks under Windows? I THINK only MACs and Linux can be installed on a GUID Partition Table (GPT) System. I`m curious, John Turtle: Windows can't be intalled on a GPT partition: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/GPT_FAQ.mspx The article is rather old but it still applies. However, if you have an EFI based system, the answer i...

Kit Inquiry Window
In the Inventory Module Create a Non-editable inquiry window for Kit Maintenance to allow users to view contents of a kit without editing the contents. Item Maintenance has an equivalent item inquiry window Item pricing has an equivalent price list window Kit Maintenance should also have an equivalent window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

windows 7 media player autorun
I know this is a vista group but i don't see a windows 7 group i had disabled autorun because i don't like it. however, if i'm playing music in wmp and i put in a cd that has video either dvd or wmv/mp4 files, wmp suddenly stops playing the music and starts playing the video files on that cd. if autorun is disabled, why is wmp automatically doing this? I) There're two completely different things and they're worth disabling both, despite very similar names: a) Autorun b) Autoplay. You can Google or Bing for: "disable autoplay in Windows", and...