Named Arguments in VC OCXs for VB clients

Hi,
I have got a VC++ 6 OCX and lots of Visual Basic 6 clients using it.
Originally, the OCX was written in VB, too. Thus, the clients could (and do)
use named arguments in calls to the OCX like func(12, Arg2:=44) - or however
this is precisely in VB...
Now that the OCX is written in C++, VB complains that the OCX does not
support named arguments.
Is there a way to define in the ODL defs that this works? Or is it
impossible?

Thanks,
Frank

0
fprappa (4)
10/10/2003 9:11:45 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

file name using a templete
Thank to all that helped with my project. This is the code I want to use. It seems to work ok and I can kind of follow it. As you can see I'm using KY2D2003.Xls as the file name and the code depends on it. My final question I hope is. If I save it as a template when you pull it up office rename the file to KY2D20031.Xls and so on. How can I make the code corresponded with what ever the file is named with out changing the code dramatically? I would like to just be able to use some variable or something to replace KY2D2003.Xls in the code. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target...

Printing all worksheet names
Does anyone know if it possible to print a list of worksheet names? A list similar to the one you would find in the "Contents" tab of the files' Properties. Thanks for any help you can provide. Programme - XP Excel Hi This topic was covered lately in microsoft.excel.worksheet.functions NG (thread 'print sheet tab names' started by JDB at 06.01.2004 16:00). Here is the solution from me: Create an UDF --- Public Function TabByIndex(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabByIndex = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function --- On some empty worksheet,...

Big problem! DNS name Space.
I have a need to share one DNS name space between four AD Exchange forest ( I know what your thinking, why would you do this! All I can say it’s government). All the forests are running Windows 2000 with Exchange 2003. My problem is I can’t seem to find a way to allow this to happen. I know it’s easy to accomplish this if it was just two forests, but how do you share the same E-mail address across four AD forest? Basically I need mail to come in into the first Exch Org and if the recipient is not found on that Exch Org to continue down the line to the next Org, in till the user is foun...

Windows 2000 server user names
Where can I configure the user names formatting like you do in Recipient policies? yaro ...

Account Names not showing when adding new user
Hi, I created a SharePoint site off of a 2007 Project Server install and when adding users to access the SharePoint site, directory services only returns admin users of the SharePoint/Project Server? How do I get AD to return all the users in the domain? Thanks! Steve Steve: What do you mean when you say "I created a SharePoint site off of a 2007 Project Server install?" Your description lacks a few details. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAA4C48D-9D6A-44C7-84BF-787AE762561E@microsoft.com... > Hi, >...

Client Report
How do I get the report not to display what is in column 1 (ID) and just show column 2 (Parent Name) krc547 wrote: >How do I get the report not to display what is in column 1 (ID) and just show >column 2 (Parent Name) Either delete the id text box or make it invisible. If you used a wixard to create the report, then open the report in design view to change it. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

sender domain name?
I have one Exchange 2003 in a semi-lab setup. It is part of my lab domain, we'll call it test.domain, so my server is mail.test.domain Obviously test.domain is not resolveable from the Internet and when I send mail, it goes out as test.domain. How can I make this server send mail out as mail.blah.com so its resolveable? (and will quit bouncing all my messages to domains that do reverse dns lookups?) Thanks for any and all help!! -Mike Change the addressing. You might consider adding a subdomain to your production domain like test.company.com, registering it with an MX record ...

Counting how many different names in a long list
I have a list of 332 names many of them are duplicated. I am looking for a formula or function that can count how many unique names there are in the list. Can anyone help? -- Quaisne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Quaisne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501357 This'll count the number of distinct values in a range: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A99<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A99,A1:A99&"")) (adjust the range to matc...

Serializing Array with array "name" in the XML

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

CRM outlook client start up problem
Hi, I installed Microsoft CRM Outlook client but when I start Microsoft Outlook I got the following message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist. Can you please help me? Ayen Ayen, What may be the cause is the Comm Add-in, try removing it and re adding it from the Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\Bin directory. Its the crmaddin.dll that you need to add. Also make sure that in IE the CRM site is added to thr trusted sites list. HTH Ben Ali AYEN wrote: > Hi, > ...

Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable to create dest msg
I have a user receiving this error message. Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable=20 to create dest msg Outlook 2002. Theare are no rules configured.=20 Any Idea? tks, Alisson S. Ara=FAjo ...

SSL Certificate server name is incorrect
I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1) The SSL certificate server name is incorrect ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder. Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ? TIA Rudy Steyaert Rudy, I assume this is related to the fact you specified HTTPS / SSL on the overall "default web site" in IIS. If SSL is configured for your Exchange OWA, it's only necessary to force SSL on the Exchange FOlder, not the Public or ExchWeb. As the Public Folder properties in your Exchange system manager are making use of...

how to capture the event changing the name of a sheet
I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't know how to capture the event changing sheet's name. Please help No event is generated when a sheet changes names... What were you needing the event for? Perhaps we can help you get around the problem. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Satyapal Kaushal" wrote: > I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or > add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't...

Excel &VB - If/ElseIf
Hello All! I am a struggling new user and probably not even close in the proper way to use VB, so my apologies if my question makes you cringe! Here's what I have: Cell AH68 is connected to 3 radio buttons, which means AH68 will display a "0" if no buttons are selected "1" , "2", or "3" depending on which button is selected. The EXCEL Side: If AH68 = "0" or "1", a message appears in another cell (W66) stating "This information is required"; otherwise, if AH68 = "2" or "3", W66 states...

Microsoft Form 2.0 Controls in VC causing error
My application developed using VC++6.0 in W2K running well in my development PC (with Visual Studio 6.0 installed). When I run the same application in a client PC without VS installed, I get this error: An unsupported operation was attempted. At last I found out it is caused by the 'Microsoft Form 2.0 commandbutton' and 'Microsoft Form 2.0 Label'. After I removed these controls the application run fine. I have registered the file FM20.dll using Regsvr32 and it show succeeded. May someone help how can I make those controls run well in my client PC? Thanks. ...

Extracting name out of line
I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the line. Tried split(Var, " ") however Name moves according to the space between the names. Var(2) can be the Name or according to spaces between names, Var(6) Can you help me? Thank you, Gordon On 27 Jan 2007 15:37:39 -0800, "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am copying a line off the web with 4 names in it, separated by >spaces (From 1 to 6 spaces). I am trying to extract name 3 from the >line. Tried split(V...

Sheet you want to copy contains the name...
When I copy a worksheet I get the repeated message box that the destination workbook already contains the name "a", "aa", "prntoutline", "ssd", "q" and "zz". I have to select yes to each message box to allow the worksheet copy to complete itself. I do not have these names within the worksheet (chekced by Insert>Name>Define). How can I delete these nsmaes that do not seem to exist? Thanks. Names can be hidden, so Insert=>Name=>Define may not show them. In the troublesome workbook make a blank sheet active, then go...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

Parsing Names in Excel
I have a list in Excel from A1:A100 with names like the ones mentioned below: Michelle Fooo (michelfoo@exchange.SASMOM.com) Myhaass Smith (mysmith@exchange.SASMOM.com) I want to parse them using string functions to the following format michelfoo@SASMOM.com mysmith@SASMOM.com Any ideas how to do this using a formula? Thanks in advance Michael Michael Are you wanting to strip all the name out too or just remove the exchange.? If the latter just use edit>replace What:=exchange. and leave the with blank -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_...

wrong display name
Why is my messenger displaying my name from web from my Live profile??? I've never checked any box that allows to take name from web. I want to use my custom name that I set in my messenger client. And if I wanted to change my name in Live profile in home.live.com then it refuses to accept special characters that I've been using for years in my messenger client. There is something broken, you know, and please fix it as soon as possible. Thanks! Greetings, There are instances where it can change your name to what's in your live profile in Messenger, but you c...

Seeking an alternative to blank ("") cell in IF arguments
I usually find it convenient to use "" in formulas such as the following: =IF(B12>0,B12/C4,"") The problem of course is that an error will be returned if the cell left blank with "" is used in subsequent calculations. Is there an alternative to using zero instead of "" that still makes it obvious that the cell is intentionally left unpopulated but that does not result in #VALUE# errors? KG wrote: > I usually find it convenient to use "" in formulas such as the following: > > =IF(B12>0,B12/C4,"") > > The pr...

Exchange Organization Name
Is there any way to extract the exchange organization name from a priv1.edb file? After system crash we have to rebuild the exchange system and have good backups of the edb files but do not know what the exact organization name. Thanks Dave B Hi Dave, You can try opening a copy of the Dir.edb in notepad to see if you can find it in there. If that doesn't work, do you still have the "Exchange Server Setup.log" file that was at the root of the drive? If so, you can search it for the Organization Name. When you search, you can just search for "/o=" and it will have t...

OWA + more than 8 letters alias name
Recently I have experienced that users whoes email account has more than 8 letters have problem using OWA with error message of "HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden". Users with less or equal to 8 letters have no problem at all. My server is Exchange 2003 (native mode). Much appreciated! ...

Pass command line file name parameter
Hi, I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp. There're compiling errors: MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier Why? If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp? Thanks, ybc The other problem is, when I set the...