multiple images in list control #2

Hi,

I need to insert individual images for individual columns in a list
control.
How to go about this ?

Thank you.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[Dialog Editor] Precise Control Sizing
Hello [IDE: VS.Net 2002] [OS: W2k, sp4] [Language: VC++] It seems simple but I can't seem to find out how you can set specific dimensional parameters for a dialog when in the dialog editor. I know you can size them using code after the fact but I would like to manually set my dialog to be a specific size. Is this possible? Could someone clue me in? TIA Basically, it is not possible. Dialogs are designed in terms of Dialog Box Units (DBUs) which are later mapped to pixels based on various factors such as the screen size, resolution, Mars being in triune with Jupiter, etc. Mostly, you ...

Quicken Import #2
I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking, investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1) When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore? I have a considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in the Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts. Thanks, Marty In microsoft.pub...

Validation list in a conditional formula
I would like to include a validation list (drop down choices) in a conditional formula in Excel. Something along the lines of =IF(A4="RAIN",$B$11,IF(A4="TEMPERATURE",$D$11,"")) where $B$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for rain based on a list from a column of cells (e.g. containing inches, cm, mm) and $D$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for temperature based on a different list from a different column of cells (e.g.containing Kelvin,Centigrade,Fahrenheit). But I can't get the validation list with the drop down choices to b...

Saving chart as an image file
I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then save it as an image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it on a website. How do I do this? Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data labels? I want to change them from the default (numbers) to my own description for each slice. Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for exporting a chart in gif format: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008 To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. It's a free add-in that yo...

switching computers #2
I purchased money 2004 over the internet about 18 months ago. It was downloaded and I was not sent any disks. I want to put 2004 on my new pc, but do not have the correct file to install. What do I do. MSN doesn't seem to be too helpful with their help. If I can't get it to run, I'm switching to Quicken. -- Jps I have been in this situation a few times myself. I simply contacted the place I bought the software from and they gave me whatever I needed to download the program again. Since you bought the program from them in the first place you are automatically regist...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

Multiple If True Values?
Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and if a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. Start by experimenting with Format|Conditional Formatting Then come back if more help is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DC594F-6045-4A81-B8B9-19F295A2AAA5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and &g...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

Importing with Multiple delimiters
I am trying to import some very large flat files which use |~| as the delimter. Does anyone know how to import this data into excel or access? Or have VB code which will model importing and parsing this large file. Starting with 30,000 to 600,000 lines in each text file--only need 3-10 items in the whole.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This is very easy to do, not in EXCEL, but ACCESS. Create a new database. When you see the new database windo...

freeform image
Can you make an image freeform? I am making a custom border and would like to bend my image in the middle at the corners. Publisher 2003, sm business ed, XP What format is the image? If it is a bitmap you probably could do some edits with crop and rotate. It it is a vector (.wmf) you could ungroup and do some edits. The best is a draw program: Serif has some free applications. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "A_Ross" <ARoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E64B3799-6C1C-4164-B388-B0D21FDFC826@microsoft.com... >...

Sort Worksheets #2
How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! >. > ...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....

Hidden tabs #2
I am using Excell 2003 If I have a file with several tabs hidden is there a way to unhide them all at once, rather than using Format, Sheet, Unhide for each tab? -- CWH One way .. Roger Govier gave me this sub a few years ago .. The following will carry out the unhide for all sheets within the workbook Sub ShowSheets() Dim s As Worksheet For Each s In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets s.Visible = True Next End Sub -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "CWH" <CWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook 2 K Multi User
Outlook 2000 Windows 2K We are planning a small network 3 machines and would like to use Outlook in a multi user mode. What do we have to do to accomplish this? Also where is the best place to buy Multi user licenses for Windows 2k and office 2 K Best Regards Bob Raley See this page for license models: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/default.asp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Robert Raley <bob@infocol.net> asked: | Outlook 2000 Windows 2K | | We...

VFW webcam
Hi, I'm using Video For Windows to capture images from creative webcam in my application. This is giving me image in size 640x480. However, i need image in landscape resolution where width is less than height. I tried to squeeze the captured image but its distorting it badly. Any ideas how can we capture images from webcam in desired resolution? Thanks, neo see the amcap sample in DirectShow SDK -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ <dhapola@yahoo.com> ???? news:1160125564.284431....

Placing controls after a gridview
I'm using VS 2005 and having problems aligning controls AFTER a gridview. Controls placed above the gridview all go where I want them to go, but not those below. For example, a button I want it to appear below the gridview appears to the gridview's right instead, whether it's in the design view or when the web page is run. I want this button OUTSIDE and BELOW the gridview. Maybe it's just a simple thing I miss or something about the gridview I did not grasp. Any insight or workaround appreciated. On May 21, 8:56=A0pm, "xbound" <ekwong......

Active X Control in Outlook
I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he gets the following error. Your current security settings prohibit running Active X Control on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer. I tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but no go. Where is the setting to disable this restriction. The user has some images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error. Thanks. Sounds like a default signature to me. Tried recreating the (HTM...

How to overlap controls in a dialog?
I have an MFC dialog which contains an edit control and a combo box ex which are the same size and which overlap exactly. Please don't stop here and tell me why I don't want to do this. It is the right UI for my situation, and I will only give it up if it can't be done with reasonable effort. The combo box is normally inactive, and user enters information in the edit control. When user clicks a button, the combo box becomes active, in the following unusual way: 1) The combo box list is populated. 2) The list is set to the proper width, to accomodate the widest entry. 3) The list...

ShAutComplete
Hello there, I am working on a browser based application, currently using ShAutoComplete in order to provide Auto complete facility for combo box used to enter the address of page that you want to browser. Used ShAutoComplete with SHACF_URLALL to show list of recently browsed web pages and webpage in history. Now how can I add address of web page browsed through my application into that list ? Means If I browser http://msn.com in my application, then it should go in the recently browsed page list that ShAutoComplete uses. Awaiting for your comments. The interface you are looking for ...

Multiple emails sent, stays in Outbox
We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have McAfee virus protection and a router for our small office. The account is a POP account. When sending emails with pictures attached or a large number of recipients, the emails sits in the Outbox and shows that is has not been sent. It does not show as having been sent at all, but the recipient receives numerous copies of the one email. I can't figure out if it is Microsoft Outlook or a DSL problem. kathryn wrote: > *We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have > McAfee virus protection and a router for our small ...

Set up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2002, so that the mail .
I would like multiple email accounts, in separate folders, so my family, business and consumer mail do not comingle, whether sending or recieving. At present,, they are comingled, and I cannot find the right way to correct this. The easiest method is to use profiles, one for each purpose. Otherwise, you can use rules to move mail when receiving and sending. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

I can't see the image picture from the manager program
Using the Manager - Item Properties - Special Tab You can select the picture files that reside in the associated folder that is set by the Adminastrator - paths - pictures - folder location. The files sit on the backoffice PC and I can see the selected picture in the little window, via the Manager program no problem. At the Inventory PC, I set the Admin program to look at the server and file paths are set. I can see the picture files and select them but no image shows up in the little window. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this? Moe Register is looking local for photos, needs to ...