Multiple document support in MFC 7.1

I have ported my MFC codes from VS6 to .Net and found that
I am no longer able to start a multiple document app by
double clicking the icon of an associated document file in
the Windows Explorer.  The VS6 versions linked with MFC6
works fine, but the .Net versions linked with MFC7 do
not.
The same goes for a simple .Net/MFC7 skeleton multiple
document app built with the .Net App Wizard.  The document
info is being registered in the registry, but apparantly
Windows cannot find the clicked file.

All single document apps work OK, so I wonder what can be
missing ?

Michael
0
anonymous (74722)
11/13/2003 7:50:57 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I have ported my MFC codes from VS6 to .Net and found that
>I am no longer able to start a multiple document app by
>double clicking the icon of an associated document file in
>the Windows Explorer.  The VS6 versions linked with MFC6
>works fine, but the .Net versions linked with MFC7 do
>not.
>The same goes for a simple .Net/MFC7 skeleton multiple
>document app built with the .Net App Wizard.  The document
>info is being registered in the registry, but apparantly
>Windows cannot find the clicked file.

Michael,

There's a missing line of code in the VC7.1 MFC sources. Use google
groups to search for occurrences of OnDDEExecute in these newsgroups
over the past few months.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Inserting a pdf file into a pub document
I cannot insert a pdf file into a Pub2000 document. All I get is an acrobat icon, but not the picture. Can anyone walk me through the steps? Thanks No you cannot do it and unlikely you ever will. If there are no security settings you should be able to copy and paste. -- I don't think you can directly insert a pdf file into a pub 2000 document. But is a way you could do it, sort of. This is a bit ugly but I think it will work. With the pdf file displayed, press the Prt Scrn key. This will put an image of the pdf file that is displayed into the Clipboard. Now, open Publisher,...

Help: Need to produce list of unique names from multiple name occurances
Situation: Daily I produce a large SS from a database. In one column are name (persons, regions, or empty celss etc.) which may appear multilpl times throughout the entire column, such as; joe sue joe ... ... regionA joe sue Willy Nelson etc. Objective: I need a formula [or macro], which I assume will be placed at the en of the column, which will produce a new list of names, having only on (1) occurance of the name, such as; joe sue regionA Willy Neson Thanks for any help you can provid -- ja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jay's Profile: http:...

E-mail 1 Worksheet Out Of Workbook
Can I e-mail one worksheet out of a workbook without e-mailing the whole workbook? Thx, Jerrygolfer --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jerry, have a look here for info on how to do it http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Workbook. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "jerrygolfer >" <<jerrygolfer.zy2s7@excelforum-nospam.com> wro...

The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 2. -- using LoadXML
I've discovered I need to use LoadXML instead of Load for an xml string versus an xml file. HOWEVER, I get the above message when .net goes to load the string. The string comes from an xmlDoc.OuterXML save resulting in: <?xml version="1.0"?> <WorkFlow> etc., etc. So, when I save this xmlDoc.outerxml to a database field, do I need to remove that first? If so, wouldn't it not work when I then load the string as xml again? Also, I can't figure out how to delete that particular node... Any clues appreciated...as always. Thanks, Kathy It works for me: s...

formatting xml document dynamically
Hello All, I have an asp.net search application that brings up a datagrid of results, with one of the fields being a hyperlink to an XML document, of which there are thousands. By clicking this link, the browser loads the XML document in its raw form. My question is, how do I use some of these formatting techniques (XSL etc) to format this XML the way I want to, after the link is clicked on? A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated, as I can't seem to find any example of what I am doing. Thanks Miki HI Miki, You should be able to use the XslTransform class. Below is an ex...

Upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0 #2
I am upgrading from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0. I received the following: Ugrade fail. HR_Inquiry HR_Tests Payroll Benefit Master UPR00600 Payroll Benefit Setup UPR40800 Payroll Master - Archvie UPR_MSTR Payroll Work Benefit UPR10205 How can I fixed these errors and continue my upgrade -- tk ...

Objects copied when resizing/moving multiple objects
When I try to resize or move multiple objects in a powerpoint file, the objects are all copied. What is causing this, and how can I stop it? I use Powerpoint 2003 on a computer with Windows Vista. See if this helps: Office shapes move or duplicate themselves when I click them (VISTA) http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "quietchick" <quietchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79F9A07E-525E-4F8E-98C5-9A83C5B0443A@microsoft.com... > When I try to ...

automatic replacing of vbe code for multiple workbooks
hi all a got a workbook called.. Replacer, it contains this macro: Sub rep() On Error Resume Next Dim Wb As Workbook For Each Wb In Workbooks If Left(Wb.Name, 6) = "MI.F@S" Then Wb.Sheets("sheet1").Range("P2").Value = "-1" End If Next Wb End Sub now.. for each workbook in open workbooks whose name begins with "abc", i need to replace or cancel a line or a piece of vbe .. maybe this one: If (Weekday(Now(), vbMonday)) Then aWS.Range("V104").Value = aWS.Range("V104").Value * 2 End If can anyb...

MFC Collections Architecture
Hello, Just starting out with MFC. Could anyone help me with this? Why is CArray, not defined using template? The reason I am asking is that, no doubt I could use special _type_safe_ classes like CTypedPtrList. Won't it have been better if there existed a mechanism like std::vector, which promotes compile time type checking rather than dynamic type checking. -- Imanpreet Singh Arora CArray does use templates. From MSDN: template < class TYPE, class ARG_TYPE = const TYPE& > class CArray : public CObject <imanpreet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1113356283.837...

microsoft office document imaging
What do I have to do to get a MODI file format (MDI or TIF) file to open in Word. I get an error message " An error was encountered while trying to send text to word. Please verify that Word is installed correctly" Word is working fine and has done since day one. This is the first time I have tried to use MODI.... Using XP Pro SP3/Office 2003 SBE -- BarryK In article <91647C81-4A21-4C10-B508-81B2798C928D@microsoft.com>, BarryK wrote: > What do I have to do to get a MODI file format (MDI or TIF) file to open in > Word. I get an error message &qu...

Open new IE window when opening multiple FRx Web reports
When accessing FRx reports from the Webport the reports are opened up in an Internet Explorer window afetr double clicking on the report. If we then go back to the Webport and double click on a new report it is opened in the same Interent Explorer window as the first report. What is suggested is that when a second report is opened it displays in a new Internet Explorer window so that both reports can be viewed simultaneously. This is a suggestion from a customer who uses this tool extensively. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sug...

Install Sharepoint Support for Office 2003
I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation. The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support. I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard. But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients. Have you tried to ask in the sharepoint newsgroup ? On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the be...

Can I view an excell document without excell (not installed wit. #2
can I view an excell document without excell as it is not supplied with the XP home addition. ???????? Good evening You certainly can. Go here : http://tinyurl.com/5az9k for Excel Viewer 2003. HTH -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346054 ...

How to show debug messages from MFC application on command line?
Hi all, I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). I tried to call cout << "some text" << endl; but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. >I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). Bob, For the latter, use OutputDebugString. Dave >>I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >>commandline (or better in t...

Excel 2007 "document not saved" when on a network share AND file set as an offline file
Hello~ Have this annoying REPEATABLE problem with Excel 2007 running on Vista Business saving to a share on Windows Server 2003. On the client, Vista and Excel all up-to-date with SPs, the machine is part of a domain, and some files on different shares are set to be available offline. On the server, Windows 2003 also up-to-date, the client user has full permissions in all the directories in question - both share permissions and NTFS permissions), and the directory is set to make only files users specify to be available offline. Client has no problem opening and saving files in Excel that ar...

Re: How to adjust monitor screen in Windows 7?
How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 inch LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a circle on the screen appeares as an vertical oval. What solution can mend this inconvenience. Many thanks for your help! Janine "Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote in message news:33F5378F-FCF4-45F1-9127-3E0F277A8EF0@microsoft.com... > How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 > inch LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a > circle on the screen appeares as an vertical oval. Wh...

Problems with a MFC ODBC consumer class on ISAPI server
Hello, I'm trying to read and write to an Access database, using an ISAPI server. In order to do so, I've configured a MFC ODBC consumer class with the following configuration: - "Data Source" on the machine = Access Database (second Property Sheet of "Select Datasource") - "Type" is Dynaset - "Bind all columns" checked. The resulting connection string is the following: ------------ Example 1 ------------ CString CDatabase::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T("DSN=MS Access database;DBQ=C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\data\\database.mdb;DefaultDi...

Lookups with multiple records
Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple records? If not, does anyone have some other suggestions about how I may be able to accomplish this? Thanks, Brian I am looking to do the same thing, if not the other possibility is to create a csutome entity to relate the 2 entities then add an iFrame which will display a view which filters out all that are not realted to that entity. I have not been able to get this to work yet either though. "Brian" wrote: > Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple > rec...

Adding multiple contact relationships to an account
I am having no success in my attempts to add two fields to the account form. Both are Many to 1 relationship attributes, on is a technical contact, the other is a billing contact. These two fields should appear on the account form in the same manner as the primary contact field that is on the form by default. My problem is that whenever I attempt to create a new Many to 1 relationship in the account entity, the primary entity drop down list only shows my custom entities, the contact entity is not displayed. This seems to be a trivial change, but appears to not be allowed by CRM. Can a...

backing up windows 7
I went into Windows 7 'Backup and Restore' function on my workstations and setup an incramental backup and scheduled it. I don't really want to run it via the scheduler, I want to be able to run it via a VBscript. Is this even possible? Thanks. ...

Linking many EXCEL tables into a long WORD document
Would anyone have direct experience with linking lots of Excel tables into complicated Word reports - say 100 tables into a 100 page document? I tried this years ago shortly after OLE came out, but the document's links got confused, with Excel occasionally getting confused about which worksheet tab and range belonged in which Word table. This was not a case of my error, nor of corrupted files due to crashes, but was confirmed as a problem with Excel by a person knowledgable of its codes and bugs back then. Needless to say, I stopped aiming at having these live links in my docum...

Charting multiple column data
I have a sheet in Excel 2003 with a number of columns, all of which follow the same, repeated pattern: Day of week Date (dd/mm) Volume Blank column This is then repeated over each month. So, I have 4 columns for July, August, September etc. Each of the months have their own individual line chart, showing date / volume. What I want to do is display a month on month, running total chart, i.e. the one line chart that shows all volumes to date. However, I can't get this done the way my data is stored. If I select multiple columns as my source data, the sheet shows the one line for each ...

passing node set through document function to extension object
Code sample below demonstrates following: We have sample extension object with 2 methods TestMethod - takes XPathNodeIterator as a parameter TestMethod2 - takes string as a parameter also we have CustomXmlResolver, stylesheet takes <XML>SourceDoc</XML> as source XML document also sylesheet retreives <XML>CustomXmlResolverData</XML> XML document through the document function and CustomXmlResolver now we pass $externalDoc/XML node set to both, TestMothod and TestMethod2 I expect output like "CustomXmlResolverData_____CustomXmlResolverData" but it out...

Frustrated with permissions in Win 7
Hi all, I just newly upgraded to win7 and I am having a lot of frustration with my permissions. I am the only user of my laptop. I have only my own account with administrator privileges. Why can't I drag and drop items within the start menu? As I drag, a red circle with the line through it follows my drag and doesn't allow it to happen even though I have drag and drop enabled in the start menu properties. Why can't I access the start menu folder within windows explorer? There is a padlock on the folder (as well as on many, many others) and access is denied ever...

Multiple Messages
Anyone come across a situation where a mail is sent multiple times to a recipient external from your organisation. The message sits in the outbound queue and continues to send. Usually this is when there is an attachment, the recipient receives many copies of a possibly truncated email (with no attachment). We've already tried to change the relays, we're currently going straight out to the internet via DNS. I'm running out of ideas as we can't replicate the problem. Any help gratefully received. Do you have firewall? Windy Miller wrote: > Anyone come across a situ...