Multicolumn listbox behaving wwird in VC7.1

Prob: Created a Listbox with Horizontal Scroll and Multicolumn property set
to true.
When you select any item in the columns say XCol other than the first
column, the item in the XCol+1 column in the same row would be selected if
XCol+1 exists else it would select the last item in the list.
To be simple if you select 2 rwo item in the 2 Column, the 2 row element in
the 3 column would be selected if 3column exists else it will select the last
item in the list.

It happens only when you select other than the first column for the first
tim in the list. For subsequent selections it works fine.

I guess it was not behaving so in VC++ 6 or 7.0

I would appreciate if someone could throw light on why its behaving it so.

thanks
-SRK
0
vsganti (1)
9/24/2004 8:37:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorry for the delay response,

> It happens only when you select other than the first column for the first
> tim in the list. For subsequent selections it works fine.
>
> I guess it was not behaving so in VC++ 6 or 7.0
>
> I would appreciate if someone could throw light on why its behaving it so.

After repeated tests, it appears that such behavior is caused by the long
duration time of the mouse-click, I mean when you click one specific item,
the item which is located in the right of the listbox window, then the
listbox window will scroll to the right, and your mouse will point to the
new position, may be XCol+1 item, at this time if your mouse button is not
up yet, the XCol+1 item will be selected, even if your hold the mouse
button and don't release, the mouse will point to the most right position
of the listbox and finally the last item would be selected...

This behavior does not occur only in the first time item click, it occurs
all the time, but it is as expected.

To avoid this mis-selection, you need to click/select the item of right
listbox window quickly...

Wish it helps!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

0
v-garych (605)
10/6/2004 5:27:47 AM
Hi,

Does my clarification explain this problem?
If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

0
v-garych (605)

concatenate several of records in a field to 1 record
Hi all, what is the best way to concatenate between records in 1 column i have for example animal as a header and it has the records:bird,cow,dog how can i concatenateall of them to one record that will consist all the 3 together? ...

Emergency Locksmith Los Angeles 1-323-678-2704
Emergency Locksmith Los Angeles 1-323-678-2704 Locksmith Services Locksmith Santa Monica 1-310-925-1720 New Locks Install Locksmith Los Angeles 1-323-678-2704 Los Angeles locksmith services Lockout service 24 hour locksmith emergency locksmith doors locks rekeying locksmith company car locksmith Auto locksmith Home locksmith Business locksmith, Office locksmith All automotive, home and commercial requirements become routine with our range of keys, locks, alarm systems, CCTV, keyless entry systems, video surveillance systems and access control systems. Get your free estimate now and ...

Office apps will not run after upgrading to Office 12.1.9
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I launch Word (or any of the Office apps), I get an error message which says, "You cannot open the application "Microsoft Word" because it is not supported on this architecture. And for each app, the icon changes to the circle with a slash. As I recall, everything was fine under 12.1.7 prior to the upgrade. I subsequently ran a utility to repair the permissions (per a previous post with the same error with 12.1.7 on a PPC platform). No luck there. OSX is at 10.5.7 Appending the original post, I ...

SFO (Sales for Outlook) failing to install.
Hello all, I am having a heck of a time trying to get Sales for Outlook working. I have read many post about similar problems but I have not been able to find something that will work for me. NOTE: all testing/installing was done with the same domain user which is a local admin. I was able to install SFO once on my computer but it would not sync. In my attempts to fix it I got to the point where I felt a re-install was needed. I tried to uninstall it and the uninstall failed. So here I was, now not able to install or uninstall. Here's what I did to clean the system: 1) Uninstalle...

Failing to Verify database in Crystal Reports
I'm trying to create custom reports based on custom fields that I have added to CRM 1.2. I have read in this group that in order to see my custom fields from Crystal I will have to first verify that database. But when I tried to Verify my database I got this error: failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_mscrm.dll' could not be loaded. What I've done is launch Crystal 9.2.2 Pro. and used the 'Enterprise' button to find an exsisting CRM Crystal Report to modify. I then select a report, click the 'database' pull down menu and s...

SQL Table conflicts? 1.2-3.0 upgrade failure?
Hi, I am trying to track down why I cannot upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. Since I know little about SQL could someone please help me understand why there are about a dozen conflicts in both MSCRM and METABASE tables? The conflicts look something like conflict_CRMMetaPub_COMPANY__METABASE_Attribute (about a dozen more) There are a similar entries in the MSCRM table. I have tried going offline/online with all the clients to see if that clears the conflicts. What I find curious is that all the dates are creation dates of July, 2005 when some customizations were done. I get an "Action Mi...

print 1/2 page image to fill a full page
I've created an ad 4x5 size. It's centered in an 8.5 x 11 page setup size. Now, I want to print it out full page size (8.5 x 11) but can't find a way to just expand the entire image. Tried grouping all the elements then dragging the corner out to the desired size. Lost some type and some images distorted. I've also created a PDF of this file and when I tried to print it in "expand small pages to paper size" mode, it still printed it 4x5 instead of 8.5 x 11. I don't see any options for such changes in my printer driver either. What am I missing? Thanks...

How do I get Excel to recognise dates prior to 1/1/1900 ?
As title asks. Family Tree information finds some earlier dates fail to be recognised and formatted as such. Excel does not recognize pre-1900 dates as other than text. You might check out this add-in from John Walkenbach which will help: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm -- Jim "Gazz" <Gazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B49C14D4-55CE-4972-8E8D-87420F81C14D@microsoft.com... | As title asks. Family Tree information finds some earlier dates fail to be | recognised and formatted as such. See http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip028.htm...

Pasting Text from Outlook into 1 Excel cell
Hi, Any ideas how I can paste text (which has blank lines between it) fro an outlook email into 1 cell in an Excel spreadsheet. When I try th line spaces mean that the text appears in different cells. Thanks in advance, g -- giantwol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- giantwolf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47169 Don't worry I've sorted it myself after searching previous threads - should have done that first! -- giantw...

Hey Microsoft
I keep looking for my 1.2 update. Would one of you microsoft guys please contact me via email, and give me a telephone number to call? thanks Raymond Medon ------=_NextPart_0001_0D4A4860 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ray, I will email you directly shortly. Thank you, Jeff, Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------=_NextPart_0001_0D4A4860 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0...

Easier way to replicate 1,000 Public folders?? HELP
Just finished setting up a new Exchange 2000 Server on our domain. Now what I need to do is replicate hundreds of public folders from our other mail server. There are hundreds of folders, and sub folders in the 'Public' store. So far, I've been adding the replica to each folder, one by one. I really don't want to spend the day adding a replica to a few hundred folders. Is there a tool I can use, that will automaticaly add 'NewServerMail' to each public folder replica? If not, this will take hours!! Thanks you should be able to select each "top level...

Turning 1 and 0 values into Yes and No
Hi, I have a form with yes no buttons for people to select things. For instance, if a person wants to send a business card they click on the business card button on the form. I then created a report based on all of the selections that people make. The values are all 0 and 1 on the report but I want to make them Yes and No. Is there a way to do this in the report? Thanks, -- Chuck W You can set the format property of your text box to display Yes or No based on the bound numeric value. Check Help for various options if you can't figure this out. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP ...

turn rows to repeat feature off for 1 page
I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do this? This setting is specific for each worksheet. You shouldn't need to "discontinue it" to print other sheets. On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:10:05 -0700, "soopr_teach" <soopr_teach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I >want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do >this? ...

After KB915597 Definition 1.75.377.0, Outlook 2003 Doesn't Work
We downloaded Windows Defender KB915597 Definition 1.75.377.0 today. Ever since, Outlook 2003 malfunctions. The first problem was that we could neither send nor receive email, so we attempted to repair Office 2003. Now, not only can we still not receive, but we cannot search our Outlook folders! Do we need to uninstall that update, or is something else wrong? Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender support and comments. This is not one of them. See http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/default.mspx Outlook-specific n...

sheet 1 in my spreadsheet is green. What have I done?
Only the first sheet of my spreadsheet file (4pages) has gone green. I'm not sure what I have done and tried the formatting and the fill options and can't seem to find what the problem is. The cell lines are visible through the colour, but I have not made changes to the background either...does anyone know what could be the problem??? ...

putting 2 charts on 1 sheet.
In Excel 2003, it is possible to copy a chart from 1 worksheet and paste on a worksheet that already has a chart? It doesn't seem to want to work right for me. One pastes over the other one. I'm thinking because the sheets that the charts are on originally were created for each chart. I was able to add a worksheet and copy/paste each one onto it just fine so I have what I needed. Was I just trying to do something that couldn't be done the way I was trying? Thanks for any input. Use worksheets instead of chart sheets. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...

There is an error in XML document (1, 43461).
Hi, I'm developing a web Method that takes the entity name as string Input and return the primary field of the entity. I tried the web method with the incident entity and it returns to me IncidentID as a primary field but when I try it with account or contact entity it return the following error : System.Xml - : There is an error in XML document (1, 43461). System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number....

be able to create a matrix serialized item in 1 step
when creating a matrix item I would like to be able to create a matrix item that is serialized through the wizard. right now we have to create a matrix item then when we are all done we change each item to a serialized item. please make this all one step. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

1 click for all checkboxes
I have many check boxes, now I want to check them all in one time. How to do this -- Zur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Zurn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26423 hi, lot of ways to do this you could put a label above the check boxes and put something like the folloning code behind it Private Sub Label1_Click() Me.CheckBox1 = True Me.CheckBox2 = True End Sub this is just one quick idea. tested. it works. >-----Original Messag...

[ANN] Microsoft Auto Update 1.1.2
Hi all, Microsoft Auto Update 1.1.2 is out... time to run the updates :-)) Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire It is? What does it fix? / Fredrik "Corentin Cras-M�neur" <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote in message news:1gmzk8r.1inxp0pjxwgd6N%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org... > Hi all, &g...

Radio Button with allowing more than 1 value to choose from
Please add the ability to have more than 2 values to choose in a radio button format, where we would add the values when creating the attribute, similar to the picklist. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

Date 1 field not updating automatically
I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the formula to Now () but this field is not updating automatically when I open the project file or save it. Is there any way to automatically have this field update to the current date? I am away from Project at the moment to try this, but if you turn on automatic computation Menu: Tool/Options (and one of the tabs) does this do it automatically to refresh the now() function? --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/01/10 20:47, dtksocal wrote: > I have used the Date 1 field for the Current Date and set the form...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re_=96_GGVT_Excel_and_Engineering_Application?=
Re � GGVT Excel and Engineering Application 1. A series of piping line nos. is listed as follows :- Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141 Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143 Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149 Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706 Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143 Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143 Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143 Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143 Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143 2. The line nos. are characterized by the service identifiers (namely, UA, PD, VL, SW, DH, IA, PG, VA and PL). 3. How could the line nos. be sorted according to the service identifiers in an alphabetical order ? There's a lot more line nos. to do than being pres...

Word 1.0 Files
Is there any way at this point to open Word 1.0 (Mac) files? The later versions of Word don't seem to be able to interpret the file format. What happens if you open the file as "Text Only"? Or if you open it with "Recover Text from Any File"? On 3/3/07 7:34 AM, in article 1172867673.005833.172530@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "redrooffs@gmail.com" <redrooffs@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way at this point to open Word 1.0 (Mac) files? The later > versions of Word don't seem to be able to interpret the file format. > -- Please rep...

Trim, clean & proper in 1 command ?
I would like to perform a Trim, Clean and proper in cell B1 all in 1 command. Anybody know the proper formula? Or should it be done with a macro? Thanks Hi =PROPER(TRIM(CLEAN(A1))) >-----Original Message----- >I would like to perform a Trim, Clean and proper in cell B1 all in 1 >command. >Anybody know the proper formula? >Or should it be done with a macro? >Thanks > > > >. > I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you're not familiar with the concept of nesting functions within functions. Crank up Excel's help thing, and in the answer wizard,...