msg: The symbol 'OnTest' is undefined

I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose 'Go
to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol 'OnTest'
is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What would cause
this or fix this?

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 1:12:41 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose 'Go
>to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>would cause this or fix this?

I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 3:18:43 AM
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose
>>'Go to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>would cause this or fix this?
>>
> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?

Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a rebuild
all.

VC6
Project->Settings->C/C++->General

VC7
Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse Information

--
============
Frank Hickman

"Frank Hickman [MVP]" <fhickman_NOSP@M_noblesoft.com> wrote in message
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose
>>>'Go to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>>would cause this or fix this?
>>>
>> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
>> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
>> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?
>
> Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a rebuild
> all.
>
> VC6
> Project->Settings->C/C++->General
>
> VC7
> Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse Information
>
> --
> ============
> Frank Hickman
> Microsoft MVP
> NobleSoft, Inc.
> ============
> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.

Thank you very much, but that still has not solved the problem.

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 10:53:11 AM
Steve Russell wrote:
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>
>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose 'Go
>>to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>would cause this or fix this?
>>

> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?

Just a WAG, but it sounds like maybe you were in editing the header files
and got some of the ClassWizard comments out of whack.  Like maybe you
removed OnTest, but not complete?

--
Jonathan Arnold
inSORS
> "Frank Hickman [MVP]" <fhickman_NOSP@M_noblesoft.com> wrote in message
>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
>>> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering,
>>> Is there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?
>>
>> Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a
>> rebuild all.
>>
>> VC6
>> Project->Settings->C/C++->General
>>
>> VC7
>> Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse Information
>>
>> --
>> ============
>> Frank Hickman
>> Microsoft MVP
>> NobleSoft, Inc.
>> ============
>> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.
>>

> Thank you very much, but that still has not solved the problem.

Hmm, you may want to check the individual source file settings, maybe it's
set to exclude the file from the build.

Something else you may want to try if the above is also not the
case...delete all the files in your Debug directory.  You would think that a
Rebuild All would do that but it leaves some files intact.

--
============
Frank Hickman

> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> "Frank Hickman [MVP]" <fhickman_NOSP@M_noblesoft.com> wrote in message
>>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message

>>> Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a
>>> rebuild all.
>>>
>>> VC6
>>> Project->Settings->C/C++->General
>>>
>>> VC7
>>> Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse
>>> Information
>>>
>>> --
>>> ============
>>> Frank Hickman
>>> Microsoft MVP
>>> NobleSoft, Inc.
>>> ============
>>> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.
>>>

>> Thank you very much, but that still has not solved the problem.
>>

> Hmm, you may want to check the individual source file settings, maybe it's
> set to exclude the file from the build.
>
> Something else you may want to try if the above is also not the
> case...delete all the files in your Debug directory.  You would think that
> a Rebuild All would do that but it leaves some files intact.
>
> --
> ============
> Frank Hickman
> Microsoft MVP
> NobleSoft, Inc.
> ============
> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.

Clearing the Debug directory did the job -- thank you very much, Frank!

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 9:41:57 PM
"Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold_online@insors_comm.com> wrote in message
> Steve Russell wrote:
>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose
>>>'Go to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>>would cause this or fix this?
>>>

>> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
>> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
>> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?
>
> Just a WAG, but it sounds like maybe you were in editing the header files
> and got some of the ClassWizard comments out of whack.  Like maybe you
> removed OnTest, but not complete?
>
> --
> Jonathan Arnold
> inSORS
Thanks for trying to help me out of this jam, Jonathan.  I tried Frank
Hickman's suggestion to delete all files in the Debug directory, and all is
well now.  (I also discovered that the problem had been occurring in other
files.)

0
srussell2458 (497)

Symbol printing problem
In my document I have inserted arrow symbols. They look fine on the screen but when I print the document the arrows show up as question marks. I have tried deleting them and reinserting them several times but they keep printing out as question marks. Help. Which font are you using? "Rebecca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1763701c41dad$4454eaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In my document I have inserted arrow symbols. They look > fine on the screen but when I print the document the > arrows show up as question marks. I have tried deleti...

External data msg when saving Pivot Table template
I created a pivot table/chart workbook using local data and am trying to save it as a template. When I save it as a template, XL returns the following message EVEN though there is no external data reference: "This workbook contains external data. Do you want MS Office Excel to clear the data before saving the template, and then automatically refresh the data whenever the template is opened." Is this standard XL logic or is there a way to get rid of this message box? Thanks! ...

How to: Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code
I need to : Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code and extract the file attachment. I have hundreds of these emails that we need the attachments extracted from. But the .msg files are on a hard drive. Someone help me out here.... I need the code to open and access the mailitem.... how do I open a .msg file? Use the CreateItemFromTemplate() method for that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "B...

file extensions .msg
I have received several messageswith attachments with a files extension of .msg and can not open them. How do you open these attachments. I understand that if you save them you can change the extension and open them in another program, but i have not been able to do this. Outlook can open them - if you're using Outlook Express, you won't be able to see them. Ask the sender to put the message in the body of the message, not send it as an attachment. Bob wrote: > I have received several messageswith attachments with a > files extension of .msg and can not open them. How d...

Unable to view forwarded .msg attachments
One of our users has developed an unusual problem. Using Outlook 2003, when he receives a forwarded message that is arriving as a .msg attachment, the attachment is not available for him to view (not shown in the header area). However, if he then forwards the message, it is attached, so we know he is receiving them, he is just unable to access/ view them. Other types of attachments he is able to view fine. Suggestions? ...

Are there symbols for medical terminology?
I need to type "Left" in medical terminology - an "L" in a circle. Can this be done? Yes. In Word, type 24C1 (, select it,) and press ALT+X. If you need a lower case l, use 24DB. For a list of symbols in the enclosed alphanumerics unicode block, see http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/block/enclosed_alphanumerics/images.htm Yves "Kearl" <Kearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F24FE0C6-FC80-4D50-926F-F1733DF514FE@microsoft.com... >I need to type "Left" in medical terminology - an "L" in a circ...

Distribution of Visio Symbols
Hi Our company does not currenty have Visio in the office but our industry is getting more and more used to it so it is very much a forthcoming attraction. We manufacture a large range of products and want to give our customers representations of our products freely (via our website if possible) so that they can use them in system schematics. How do I go about creating the symbols/stencils in the first place and then how do I go about distributing them accordingly. Can I do this with the basic version or will I need the developer version? Thanks for your time You can do shape developme...

error msg on closing outlook xp
when closing outlook, i get the error msg "outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close etc" but only after carrying out send/rec. it doesn't happen if i dont do a send/rec. does anyone know why this might happen. What does the error message say if you examine the trouble report? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | when closing outlook, i get the error msg "outlook has | encountered a pr...

Currency Symbol
how to manually enter a currency symbol when it is not available in Excel. It says that the ANSI code for the symbol could be used. If so how and where the code needs to be entered Hi Jefferson Go to >Insert > Symbol >Select the symbol you like and at the bottom right, select >ASCII (Decimal). Just beside it, you should see Character Code EX: for the Euro Sigh, its 128. You Press and hold the Alt key and on the numeric key pad press 0128. you need to add a 0 before the code. Don't use the numbers above the letters. HTH John "Jefferson Yesupatham" <...

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

Red X symbol on a mailbox in System Manager
Hi. I had a mailbox corrupted inside a store. I moved the mailbox successfully to a new store but the original mailbox is still listed in the old store and has a red X on it. What exactly does that mean? Does it mean it could not delete the original mailbox from the old store and just disabled it? It is safe to delete it? Thanks. Looks like the new one in the new store has gone over and the old one has not deleted and does not have an account against it. You should be able to right click and purge it if the new one is ok. "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.n...

Male Symbol
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am looking for a small male symbol to put next to my name in my signature in Entourage. Please advise, and thank you. celticson@officeformac.com wrote: > I am looking for a small male symbol to put next to my name in my > signature in Entourage. Please advise, and thank you. Can I assume you mean the "mail" symbol such as the small envelope icon and not the symbol for man? ;-) Do this: 1. Go to Apple menu --> System Preferences... --> International --> Input Menu. 2. At the top of the l...

Inserting Foreign Language Symbols
Can someone please tell me how to insert French and Spanish foreign language symbols in Microsoft 2008 for Mac? In the past I simply went to "Insert" and then "Symbol" and found what I wanted there. In the 2008 version of Word, those same letters and symbols aren't there. Debby J The best way: Drop down the flag control from the menu bar and open the Character Viewer: you can search for characters by name and insert them in any application from there. On Word's Insert>Symbol menu, you have to change to a font that contains the character, then have...

Removing ">" symbol in mail
Is there a easy way to remove the ">" symbol at the beginning of each line in some emails without having to go line by line to delete the symbol? Use "find and replace" and replace with a space, works for me. "Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24d801c419e3$d4d9a340$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a easy way to remove the ">" symbol at the > beginning of each line in some emails without having to go > line by line to delete the symbol? This also works for me: http://www.dsoft.com.tr/stripmail/ -...

Publisher 2002 memory error msg
I recently upgraded my PC from Windows ME to XP-home, and also installed Office XP. Now my previously installed version of Publisher 2002 won't work at all. When I try to do any activity (Open, New, etc.), I get a fatal error message: "The instruction at 'OX77f580dd' referenced memory at "OX00000007." The memory could not be written" The only option is to terminate the program. I have searched the MS knowledge base, and Publisher support pages, looking for some idea of what's going on and why. I have tried un-installing and then re- installing P...

Insert Symbol has no feeling of mouse
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C722F9.1450F700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Insert Symbol does not respond to mouse clicks. Why? Any solution to = repair it? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C722F9.1450F700 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = cha...

remove symbols and numbers from list of string
Is there a simpler way to remove symbols from a string? I found the following code from previous postings: Sub Example() Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns("A").Replace _ What:=3D"-", Replacement:=3D"", _ SearchOrder:=3DxlByColumns End Sub I tried adding these in the code: What:=3D"=A3", Replacement:=3D"", _ What:=3D"$", Replacement:=3D"", _ What:=3D"%", Replacement:=3D"", _ What:=3D"/", Replacement:=3D"", _ But it doesnt work. It said "Named argument not found&...

Missing Pound, Comma & Quotes Symbol
Hi, I have created a test site, with prices in £'s with also comma's and quotes, when previewing, the display is fine, when i publish and then upload the web files displays ? instead of what i want. I have also created the same page in Dreamweaver and this works all fine, now you are going to say do it all in dreamweaver, but i have created my main site with 200+ pages which viewed ok, until it was uploaded, and dont want to do it all over again. Any help would be appreciated - Thanks Andrew PS: I have a tread already in Publisher Web Design on this ...

How to Add Ticker Symbol to Investment Report
Hi, Does anyone know how to add the Investment Ticker Symbol to the Investment Reports (say the Portfolio Value by Investment Type report). I use Money 2004. If this isn not possible in Money 2004, is this feature in Money 2005? Thanks. -- Emery Lane In microsoft.public.money, Emery Lane wrote: >Hi, Does anyone know how to add the Investment Ticker Symbol to the >Investment Reports (say the Portfolio Value by Investment Type report). I use >Money 2004. If this isn not possible in Money 2004, is this feature in Money >2005? Thanks. ChangePortfolioView->CustomizeCurrentV...

How do I get rid of 4 paragraph symbols when I open Outlook Word?
Every time I start a new HTML document in Outlook, which defaults to word, I get 4 paragraph symbols and a little circle - I tried to change my stationary and even with it on none - it still opens up with this 4 paragraph symbols. ...

Symbol font
I installed Office 2008 on my PowerMac G4 running Leopard 10.5.3. The Symbol font works well in Word and Excel, but it does not work in PowerPoint. It is in the font list, but selecting it does not change the previously selected font. Other fonts do work, but there may be others that do not. Thanks for any help! ...

2002 Symbol Insert Problem
Hi, Using Excel 2002 under WinXP Pro SP2: I wanted to insert a Wingdings symbol, but was unable, because the font list only showed fonts from "A" to "S". Since Wingdings starts with "W", I was unable to use the insert symbol Wingdings. The fonts from "A" to "Z" are "ALL" available when typing standard entries in Excel. All the fonts are also available in Word 2002, both in regular entry and using the symbol insert. Ditto in Publisher and PowerPoint, able to use insert symbol Windings. So, it looks like something happened to Exc...

common flowchart symbols
is there a template for common flow chart symbols and their meaning? kim - In Excel 2003, flowchart symbols are available on the Drawing toolbar. To use it, choose View | Toolbars | Drawing. On the Drawing toolbar, choose AutoShapes | Flowchart. When you hover the mouse pointer over a symbol, its name is displayed. In Excel 2007, choose Insert | (Illustrations) Shapes | Flowchart ... For the "meaning," I suggest a google search for "flowchart symbols." - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "kim" <kim@d...

Insert symbol as a header for a column
I would like to insert 1/5 as a fraction header for a column. You can select from the symbol menus say for instance under the Airal choices menu as there are a small number of fraction signs to select. I do not want to particular type in 1/5 or 1/5th as I want the looks that are obtained from using the symbol inputs. Does anybody know how you might achieve this? Thanks -- James The code for one fifth is 8533. Insert the following UDF: Function unicd(r As Long) As String unicd = ChrW(r) End Function Format A1 as Ariel MS Unicode In A1 enter: =unicd(8533) Us...

Problems getting symbols for MFC80(U)(D).DLL
Hi Folks, I've written many C/C++ applications that use DbgHelp to walk the stack and then turn those addresses into filename, lineNumber and symbol name information. This has worked just fine for Visual Studio 6.0, 7.0, 7.1 and for the most part for Visual Studio 8.0 (2005). However for VS8.0 whenever the address is in MFC80.DLL, MFC80U.DLL, MFC80D.DLL or MFC80UD.DLL I cannot get symbol information. I know the PDB files for the MFC are available - they have a slightly different name than usual (with a .i386 in the name to differentiate from the x64 platform PDBs of the same name)...