MSComm use in VC 6.0

Hello.
I am using MSComm in my VC 6.0 application, for using the COM1, and COM2,
etc... ports.
(It has a telephone glyph - the activeX name is : Microsoft communication
control).
By class wizard I have added a member variable of the name : m_com_port for
that control.

I need a sample for VC 6.0 for reading and writing to com port (may be com1,
i.e), and some explanation on this component, please.

Thanks :)

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out the VCTERM sample in the MSDN documentation. The wrapper classes
in the sample were originally created with VC5, and the control has been
modified since then to support different property types. So you may not
some differences between the wrapper in the sample, vs. a new wrapper
generated with VC6.

But the sample still works (thanks to late binding and the fact they kept
the new versions of the control backward compatible).

Sincerely,
Ed Dore [MSFT]

This post is 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

0
eddo (46)

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Copying recordset multiple times using copyfromrecordset
We recently caught this issue but found out after research, that this has been occuring all year. This code worked in the past, but I am not sure if there was an Excel update that occurred which changed the behavior of the script. What we are trying to do is to have a recordset pasted twice into two seperate worksheets. It is pasting without issue in the first copyfromrecordset, but then it skips over the second paste (even when stepping through the code). I know that it is not the worksheet we are copying into because I can reverse the 'first paste/second paste' (see lab...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Too many different cell formats #6

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Purchase Order 2.0.0127
Am I the only one having issues with the upgrade? 1) I create a purchase order 2) I click on add item 3) I type in the supplier ILC, and nothing comes up (ONLY on some items)! 4) I click on all items, and find the item, and add it! 5) When I click on OK the item is added to the purchase order, along with the supplier ILC! OR When I click on all items, even though the item may be in the database, I can't find it to add to the PO, unless I close out the PO and re-open it??? This started happening only since I upgraded the the 2.0.0127! -- Thank You Vince :) -- Thank You Vince :) Yes...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...

AutoFilter #6
Thanks for the help. I am using Excel XP. I have a list of items that come from an Oracle Database. They are vehicle numbers that begin with a 0. (028,034,039,056, etc) I have an autofilter and want to filter out numbers >= 028 and <= 039. I always get an empty set returned to me. I assume this is because these are text items rather than numbers. Is there a way to accomplish this filter with text? Hmmm, not really sure if this is what you mean but have you tried puting a ' infront of the number, it denotes it as text. (It is under the " key) >-----Original Messag...