MSChart control

suppose i created an application with a mschart control, done all the job of
drawing and all that,
is it possiable in any way to translate the info of the mschart cotnrol to a
spreadshit info that excel could import?

I succeed in converting the onto from my listctrl to a file excel could read
but what can i do with the chart?

I thought about not using the mschart control and create my own charting
code using the knowen methods in mfc for drawing lines and etc. but again
how can i convert to information to an excel shape?

0
fkpkot (25)
1/27/2006 8:57:43 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rich edit control
I am mainly interested in using only the StreamIn() and StreamOut() members of CRichEditCtrl. Can I have this control inside a DLL without the UI? Is it possible to use other member functions also (may be other than the UI related ones)? Any pointers to samples (if available) please? (BTW, why this newsgroup has become silent? why nobody is answering here?) What do you mean by "other than UI related ones". Everything a CRichEditCtrl does is UI releated. In order to use any of it's methods you will have to create the CRichEditCtrl, and that requires a parent window. AliR...

Movable object along tracks using joystick: model railroad controllers?
I'm curious about this. Does anybody know anything about using .NET with model railroads? Its controlling a moveable object along the tracks using a joystick I am interested in. ...

How do I show a negative control as a positive number
I have a calculated control on a report where the value is shown as -45. How can I format this number to show it as 45? Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com" <u56994@uwe> wrote in message news:a219779e31378@uwe... > I have a calculated control on a report where the value is shown as -45. How > can I format this number to show it as 45? > Thanks > Tony =Abs([FieldName]) where FieldNa...

Tab Control HTML Help issue
I've got a FormView that uses a CTabCtrl derived class to display some dialogs. Whenever I hit the F1 key on the top window it works fine. If I go to the 2nd or further tab, I get the "HtmlHelp: >pszHelpFile = 'c:\wspace\Projects\MDAF\Code\MDAF\MDAE\Debug\MDAE.CHM', >dwData: $2006d, fuCommand: 15." Error. Anywhere else in the application, it works fine. Once I click on the 2nd tab or further once, I can't do it agian. If I click on the actual tab twice and set focus to the tab, I am able to get help to pop up. I set a break point in the OnHelpInfo ove...

hyperlinks in CRichEdit controls?
Does anyone know of an easy way to place hyperlinks into a CRichEdit control? ...

Controlling page change in a report
I have an Access report that prints the contents of a memo field that can often be very long - sometimes 2 or 3 full pages. My problem is that if one memo finishes at the top of a page and is followed by another long one - one that will go over to the next page - it skips to the top of the next page without beginning the new memo. Is there a property I can set, or some other method, that will cause the new memo to fill up the current page? Thanks in advance, Jerry Natkin Jerry Natkin wrote: >I have an Access report that prints the contents of a memo field that can >often be v...

How do I control the location of xmlns attributes when serializing
I need to generate an XML document that will be validated against a DTD. Up to this point, I have been using XML Serialization with good results, but there is one item I haven't been able to figure out. The generated XML needs to look something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?> <!DOCTYPE MY_XML_Doc SYSTEM "http://dtd_location.com/abc.dtd"[]> <MY_XML_Doc attr1="val"> <Element1> <SubElement1 xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href=http://compan...

Subclassing a Dialog Control ?
Hi guys, When I put homemade controls in my dialog boxes I usually just use ClassWizard to create a member variable of the control type of my derived class, for example, I create a custom edit box derived from CEdit and ClassWizard recognizes it. Is there a way I can do it without having to have member variables of my derived class, so I can use GetDlgItem() ? I really only want to do this for consistency because for my other controls I don't have dialog member variables (at least not declared explicitly). I think it's called subclassing but am probably wrong. Thanks. "Robe...

VS2005: How to get the Control Events and Messages to show up in Peoperties dialog
In visual studio 2005, I have some dialogs that when (Editing them in VS) I right click on them to bring up their properties dialog, I don't see anything in the Control Events list or the Messages list. This has got to be because the class wizard / attendant (Whatever you now call it in VS2005, was class wizard in VC 6) doesn't contain information about that dialog, or it can't parse it correctly. How can I set it up so that I can see the Control Events list and the Messages list? Thanks! bparsons wrote: > In visual studio 2005, I have some dialogs that when (Editing them in ...

Delegate Control
When i try to delegate an exchange permission to a user or a group i get the following error: To fully administer an exchange server, the delegated user or group must also be a member of the local machine administrator group. Currently the user is part of Builtin Administrators, Enterprise Admins, Domain Admins, Domain Users Groups. Do I need to configure something under Domain Controller Security Settings? Yes, add them to the local administrator group... Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:55:05 -0800, SY...

Controling how zero values are plotted in charts
Can anybody advise me how to overcome the following: I am trying to create a chart whereby the source data is calculated from a formula. I do not want zero values to be plotted in the chart. I have tried the following, going to TOOLS, OPTIONS, CHARTS & then selecting 'plot empty cells as' = Not Plotted(leave gaps), but this does not overcome the problem. This function only seems to work when data is not related to a formula? I would be very grateful for any help that anybody can give Kind Regards Paul Paul: This is a very frequent question. You are half way to your answer. ...

"Office Update ActiveX Control Failed to Load"
I keep getting "Office Update ActiveX Control Failed to Load." I cannot get ActiveX to load for Office update even though I've carefully followed ALL the directions on the MS web site (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011357171033.aspx) . Can anyone suggest what I might do next? Thanks and regards, PJF On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 15:37:23 -1000, PJF <pjf10@earthlink.net> wrote: > I keep getting "Office Update ActiveX Control Failed to Load." I cannot > get > ActiveX to load for Office update even though I've carefully followed ALL > t...

Date in DSum from a Control on a Form
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CAF038.C9937740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2003 Having trouble getting a dsum in a query to work correctly. I have a form with a control, txtCE, on it formatted as a short date. I have "5/1/10" entered in the control I then have a query with one column like this: CE: = [Forms]![frmARAging-2-Prelim]![txtCE]. This show correctly when I run = the query. Then I have a column in the query with a dsum like th...

Failed to contact Windows NT domain controller in Exch 5.5
I have a 5.5 server that when you select a mailbox, and click properties, it will crank for 10 or so seconds and return the message "Failed to contact Windows NT Domain Controller". I cannot display any permissions. If I clik OK, the message returns, if I click it again, Exch will display the mailbox properties. Unfortunately, the Primary Windows NT Account shows \Unknown Account, and the same error occurs if I try to change it. Strange thing is, I can browse the user names, it just will not let me designate one. AD is installed, and there is a NT4 BDC online. Replication is fi...

Start button control
Does anyone know how to open the start menu programatically? I think you should be able to do this by posting a WM_SYSCOMMAND but I'm stuck. Get the handle of the Taskbar and the Start button in it and send a WM_LBUTTONDOWN message to it. Some thing like void ShowStartMenu() { HWND hWndTaskBar = ::FindWindow ( TEXT("Shell_TrayWnd"), NULL ); HWND hWndChild; DWORD nStyle; CString sText; if ( hWndTaskBar ) { hWndChild = ::GetWindow(hWndTaskBar, GW_CHILD); while ...

problem with CImage, PNG and picture control
Hi, I want to load an image froam a PNG into my picture control with the following code: CImage c; CString fileName = "media\\pic.png"; if(c.Load(fileName) != S_OK) { errorStr.Format("error loading %s!", fileName); MessageBox(errorStr, "error", MB_OK); } else { HBITMAP bmp = (HBITMAP)c; p_control.SetBitmap(bmp); p_control.Invalidate(); } But for some reason no picture is shown in the control. I tried to adding a real .bmp picture to the control with the following code and it works fine: fileName = "media\\pic.bmp"; HBITMAP hBmp = (HBITMAP)::Lo...

Can I make a single tab disabled instead of the whole tab control?
For example, a tab control has 3 pages(tabs), and what I want to do is to make the first page(tab) disabled. Thanks for any help! The way I handle this in my application is like the following. This does not disable the tab, but it removes the text. Then I have other code in the property sheet that detects if the disabled tab is selected and makes the next tab active instead. // in the property sheet class CTabCtrl* pTab = GetTabControl(); ASSERT (pTab); TC_ITEM ti; char szText[2]; ti.mask = TCIF_TEXT; ti.pszText = szText; ti.cchTextMax = 1; VERIFY( pTab->GetItem( nPage, &ti)); st...

Re: XP style controls in non-unicode app
I found that if I add the following lines near the bottom of my stdafx.h file I get the new XP style controls in my MFC app: #if defined _M_IX86 #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"") #elif defined _M_IA64 #pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArc...

Lost DateTime Picker Control !?
I created a form using the DateTimePicker Control to write in a field. Then I removed the code of the DateTimePicker Control from the form. When I publish the form to another computer where the DateTimePicker Control is not installed, the form does not work. If I install the DateTimePicker Control the form is working without problems. I want to sent this contact form to other people who does not have this control. In the fact I am not using the DateTimePicker Control but it must be somewhere in the form, but I cannot find it. If I put in the form another DTP Control in the list of the fiel...

Calender Control
Hi I have just recently found the calender control, I have a date field on my form, how can I set up the calender so that I have a lil button next to the date which when clicked opens up the calender then when you say double-click a date, puts it into the right field and closes the calender again? Thank You -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Here's a demo: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "evilcowstare via AccessMonster.com" <u31650@uwe...

Access 2007 & Printer control codes
My (POS) printer needs to receive the following - I think it is called escape sequence code "LPRINT CHR$(29); CHR(86); CHR$(48)" in order to activate the paper cutter at the end of a print report. Where and how do I have to place this on the print report form? Any ideas or clues? Thanks, Vassilis I haven't worked with printer control codes for a very long time, but you could try putting a textbox at the end of your report and assigning it's control source as: =chr$(29) & "; " & chr$(86) & "; " & chr$(48) That assumes the semi-colo...

sorting data in a textbox control
hello everyone, could you please tell me how, or if it is possible, to sort data in a txt box. I am using this textbox on a report and have concatenated group totals in the textbox. I need to find the Median of the list and in order to do this, the list, in the textbox needs to be sorted. -- phm You need to clarify. I have not heard of a text box containing a list. Typically users want to sort the records in a report. I can't make any sense of your question or what a typical value in the text box might look like. How does the "list" get into a text box? ...

Control Source in Form Doesn't Display Query
Hi- I just recently moved an expression that I had in only a Form to a Query. The Expression runs great and I renamed the Expression to "Retiree Age:..." On my Form- I go to change my Control Source to "Retiree Age" and the age no longer comes up? I don't know why it won't but any input would be greatly appreciated. I can't leave it in the form b/c I need to generate a number of reports based on certain ages. I really appreciate this: -Anthony Morano Pension Fund Intern <antmorano@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180110430.088206.176650@q75g2000h...

How to add a status bar control to a dialog template?
Hi, Is there a way to add a status bar control as easy as adding a combo box control in the dialog resource editor? Could someone help me? While editing a dialog template, I don't see a "status bar" entry in the "controls" toolbar. I only see others such as "progress bar", "edit box", "combo box", etc. But a status bar is also a common control. How come it does show up in the toolbar. Thanks for your help. Tony Unfortunately you cannot add a status bar from the resource template. (I think you can do it in .NET using winforms...

Displaying on a controls
Hi, I want to display a text on a button control and static control from a my program. I tried doing SetButtonText() API , but it is not displaying it on a button control. Is their any API's to display a text on a" Button" and "Static" controls. SetWindowText joe On 28 Feb 2007 20:35:50 -0800, "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I want to display a text on a button control and static control from a >my program. >I tried doing SetButtonText() API , but it is not displaying it on a >button control. > >Is thei...