Move the NCB location

Is it possible to control the location of the NCB file.

I have read round this topic on the web and the answer seems to have been
'no', but perhaps someone has found a way since VS2005 was released?

I do daily backups to DVD of my code and have changed the intermediary
directory for my project so that the object files and intermediary files are
created and stored in a directory away from my CPP, H and project files. As
we all know, the NCB quite large and has been changed every time I do a
backup, but I not want to backup these files for my various project
environments. I use Nero to backup the code to DVD and  I can't find an
option in nero to control particular file extensions, so is is possible to
control the location of the NCB file, thereby reducing my backup routine to
an almost automated, few clicks?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to control the location of the NCB file.
>
> I have read round this topic on the web and the answer seems to have been
> 'no', but perhaps someone has found a way since VS2005 was released?

I dont think its possible to do this.

> I do daily backups to DVD of my code and have changed the intermediary
> directory for my project so that the object files and intermediary files
> are created and stored in a directory away from my CPP, H and project
> files. As we all know, the NCB quite large and has been changed every time
> I do a backup, but I not want to backup these files for my various project
> environments. I use Nero to backup the code to DVD and  I can't find an
> option in nero to control particular file extensions, so is is possible to
> control the location of the NCB file, thereby reducing my backup routine
> to an almost automated, few clicks?

Cant you run a batch file which deletes the ncb files before running the
backup?

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

> "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to control the location of the NCB file.
>>
>> I have read round this topic on the web and the answer seems to have been
>> 'no', but perhaps someone has found a way since VS2005 was released?
>>

> I dont think its possible to do this.
>
>> I do daily backups to DVD of my code and have changed the intermediary
>> directory for my project so that the object files and intermediary files
>> are created and stored in a directory away from my CPP, H and project
>> files. As we all know, the NCB quite large and has been changed every
>> time I do a backup, but I not want to backup these files for my various
>> project environments. I use Nero to backup the code to DVD and  I can't
>> find an option in nero to control particular file extensions, so is is
>> possible to control the location of the NCB file, thereby reducing my
>> backup routine to an almost automated, few clicks?
>
> Cant you run a batch file which deletes the ncb files before running the
> backup?

That is what I do now, just I tend to forget as I do the backup in a hurry
just before shutting down the PC!

Office Outlook
Hi, my office outlook is not working properly, error message : "the procedure entry point GETiums could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL " . what should I do?? pls advise. Thanks. ...

Move to do list
I'm in need of help, how can i move my to do list form one pst to another. i have several to do lists in my profile and i want to combine them into a new pst Thanks in advance! ...

Moving Files To New Hard Drive
I just upgraded the hard drive in my girlfriends computer. It had 80GB and I added an additional 250GB drive. The OS is XP Home 2002. How do I go about moving _*everything*_ to the larger hard drive? "ampig" wrote: > > I just upgraded the hard drive in my girlfriends computer. It had 80GB > and I added an additional 250GB drive. The OS is XP Home 2002. How do I > go about moving _*everything*_ to the larger hard drive? > > Use the cloning software that came with the new disk to clone the old disk to the new. Everything is copied to the n...

Need to move CRM server.
We are running CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003. We need to reinstall our server. We cannot backup the server because we need to change de domain name. How can we move CRM data to the new server. I did that test already : Backup my database, then restore it to th new server. The databse was master, msdb, and the 4 CRM database. Thean I folow the process for installing CRM , and as soon I see config page asking about Database I select use an existing BD. On the next page I was able to see my BD but it was not working. I dont know what I did wrong. Can someone help me. Is it possible to do t...

Moving broken inventory out of database
What is the best way to move my broken inventory out. I HAVE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET WITH ABOUT 400 ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM INVENTORY AND QUANTITIES ADJUSTED. THANK YOU, If you HQ ,Use Worksheet style 307: Adjust Item Quatities "David H." wrote: > What is the best way to move my broken inventory out. I HAVE AN EXCEL > SPREADSHEET WITH ABOUT 400 ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM INVENTORY AND > QUANTITIES ADJUSTED. > > THANK YOU, > > The best way to move your broken inventory out is setup a 'Return to offline inventory' Reas...

trouble moving db to 2005 from 2000
We have a SQL 2000 db we're moving to a new box. Old box is Windows Server 2003 with SQL 2000. New box is Windows Server 2008 with SQL 2005. I logged into the old box's EM and detached the db. Then I copied the mdf and ldf files to the new box. I logged into SSMS 2005 using both windows authentication and also sa (tried this both ways). Under windows authentication (and I do have admin rights) when I tried to attach the db I was able to select the mdf file and have it show both files in the details list in the bottom panel of the attach window. But when I clicked &quo...

Moving UK to US
Is there any way to convert data file from Money 2005 UK version to a US verison, say the new Money Plus? I'm moving from London back to the US and looking for best way to convert my data. -- Mike There is really no **good** way to do this. You can export all the accounts (those that export, that is) to QIF files and then import them. This would be interesting in a multi-currency environment but is probably more or less do-able. But this will leave lots of data--loan accounts, details, budgets, etc--behind. This is a significant undertaking at best. There is discussion elsew...

Updating Bin Locations
I am trying to figure out if running a worksheet from Head quarters will update bin locations at store level. Ideally what I would like it to do is everytimme I run a worksheet 250 it will only update quantities and prices while leaving the bin location unchanged. Any one with any ideas?? Thanks, Siddharth Hi Sid quantities and prices are considered to be dynamic data by RMS and are not updated by Worksheet 250 - if you want to update them you would need to use Worksheet 260, which updates both static data (for example, item descriptions) as well as dynamic data (prices, quantities, c...

Moving in an Exchange 2k onto new network
Experts, I am having small network of about 70 users, containing 1. NT PDC, 2K DC, 2. Win 2k, SP4, Exchange 5.5 3. Cisco Router and Cisco switches We have another company's Exchange server (2K) and Win 2k servers joining our domain. I want to keep these two new servers as a seperate subnet from my main network. So that this company's subnet can have its own DC, Exchange 2k, dns, dhcp server etc. I use 10.66.x.x for my main network and want to impelement another subnet of 10.67.x.x for these new servers. for example: DC will be 10.66.21.3 Exchange 10.66.21.4 etc Also, we're tal...

Moving messages produces "Deleted Items"
Looking for changes causing our Exchange 2003 SP2 databases to grow faster than wanted, I found a phenomenon I cannot explain: When moving messages or folders within an Exchange 2003 mailbox (e.g. from Inbox to a subfolder) Outlook apparantly copies the messages and afterwards hard-deletes the source message, i.e. it's possible to recover the message in the source folder using "Recover Deleted Items". I instead would expect Outlook/Exchange to do a logical move within the database (re-link the message to the new folder): the same procedure on a different workstation exact...

How do I move Inserted Comments in Word?
I have several comments in a Word 2003 doc. Currently they take up 3 pages, but I would like to MOVE them on to one page. In order to do that I need to know how to move inserted comments so that I can fit them on one page. To move a comment, you can cut and paste the text to which the comment is attached. Or you could cut the text of the comment, delete the original comment, insert a new one, and paste in the text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:870CBAB9-EC70-4AE3-BDB4-39A945891C1D@micro...

Record Locator
I have posted this in the past, but no one was brave enough to take it on: How can I build a record locator similar to the way it works in MSOutlook, where the more characters you type, the closer it moves to your record. And if you type a string that doesn't exist in the table, it will still move as close as it can, based on the first part of the string. IE: You type MARY. The record with Mary comes up. You type MARRY (by mistake), and there is no MARRY record existing, so: The first record that starts with MAR comes up. TIA, Kathy On Apr 18, 1:54 pm, "Kathy Webster&quo...

HOW TO LOCATE SCAN PST ERRORS?
I frequently get a warning that Outlook needs to find file errors. Scan.pst also finds errors that it says are "minor". I'm not getting an "error" folder of any kind. How can I determine which entries/mail items/etc. are causing the errors so that I can deal with them and eliminate the problem permanently? Windows Vista. Office 2007. Thank you. It's more likely an add-in or something else accessing the pst that is causing the corruption by not allowing outlook is close completely. Make sure Outlook is not listed in Task Manager, Processes tab a few m...

locating a calendar database
Hi, I'm trying to find a calendar database that I got from someone in this group. The thing I remember is the calendar could show one month or show all twelve months. If anyone knows were this database is please post the link. Thank-you. Might have been Stephen Lebans' wrapper for the Microsoft Month Calendar Common Control: http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Parker" <malpar@red...

Can I Move the default data location?
all I want to do is share the same data & personal files on 3 systems so that I can access the same mailbox at each location. I have looked at all of the sync & sharing programs for Outlook but all of them are a pain with the default location. If I move my data to a folder that could be shared easily I could then use that data file from all 3 systems. It is only my email and no one else uses it so I don't have security problem. -- Have A Great Day! Bill Meyer "Bill Meyer" <gingem@email.com> wrote in message news:euiGf5UJJHA.4628@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... ...

Select & move more than 1 page
I have Pub. 2003 and I'm trying to move pages around in my document. Moving one page is no problem, but I'm trying to move huge chuncks. Is there a way to select more than one page or say move pages 30-45 to before/after page 2? Thanks. The moving of many pages at once is new feature of 2007, sadly it is not a feature of 2003. You can right-click any toolbar, customize the Edit by dragging *move* to the toolbar, this will make moving the pages go a bit faster. It maybe helpful to rename your pages so you can keep track of them just by hovering over the sort tabs. -- Mary Sau...

Move Money 2002 Standard
How do I move Money 2002 Standard from my computer with XP Home Edition to my new computer with Vista Home Premium? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, d wrote: >How do I move Money 2002 Standard from my computer with XP Home Edition to my >new computer with Vista Home Premium? Be sure that your Money (*.mny) and backup (*.mbf) files are copied to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create an impermanent copy of the file for the user to use, unless the user explicitly right-clicks at launch and choose R...

Calender folder is moved under the draft folder
One of my colleques his calender folder is moved. I can find it back in the folder draft. How is it possible? And How Can I fix it Thx Peter Is this the default Calendar folder located under Outlook Today? If you can't move it back start Outlook with the /resetfolders switch and move the content from the misplaced calendar to the restored one. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Peter Winkelmans" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Locating a Chart
This maybe an impossible feat for excel, but I'll ask any ways. I have 12 charts on one sheet (one for each month of the year). These charts take up alot of space due to the complexity of the charts. I would like anyone that is interested in viewing the charts able to find the Year-To- Date chart with ease. The charts are as compact as possible and still able to read (Ctrl and Scroll Button on Mouse was used). Is there a way to have a transparent icon or symbol(even text if possible) to show users in what direction the chart is? If I understand you correctly you are trying to zo...

slow moving calculations between pages
I am working on a file (13.2 MB) with about 20K lines per tab (4 tabs and several vlookups. When I enter new data on my "inputs" page, th related calculations on the next page take 30 sec + to update. Wha can I do to to speed up the file? I've made some attempts to reduc the size, but my efforts seem to be in vain. PLEASE HELP...thanks! Abby: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, go to Tools/Options/Calculations tab. change from automatic to manual calculations. then Excel will only calculate all those relationships when you hit F9. jeff >-----Origin...

moving exchange database to another server
Hi Guys, I have an exchange server 2003 running on 2003 server. We need to move the database from one server to another. The other server is in the same domain and is also running exchange 2003. The operating system has corrupted itself and although I can login to the machine and access the database files, I am unable to use the exchange system manager. I am having trouble finding documentation on moving databases across to a different server? can anyone point me in the right direction? Regards, Jay On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:26:05 -0800, "y2kex" <y2kex@discussions.microsoft....

Moving servers to different part of network
We have to move two Exchange Server (2003) and Windows Server 2003 computers from one subnet to another subnet on our network. Is there an easy way to change the settings so that when we boot up in the new location, the computers don't become terribly confused? Will we have to change any Exchange settings manually? Thanks very much in advance. I think they do just fine by simply changing the ip address. If you don't have Dynamic Updates turned on in your DNS, you will need to modify DNS manually. If there are any MX records pointing to the Exchange servers you'll also ne...

How do I change the default location for my cursor?
The default location for my cursor recently changed to the middle of the page instead of the top. How do I get it back????? On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:39:01 -0700, Reb1786 <Reb1786@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The default location for my cursor recently changed to the middle of the page >instead of the top. How do I get it back????? Open the Page Setup dialog, go to the Layout tab, and set the vertical alignment to Top. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the...

Location of Outlook Files
I need to eliminate "extra" sets of folders in Outlook. In the process of reinstalling the program, I made several appearances of inboxes, calendars, etc. I should be able to find these files with a .pst extension, but can't locate any with Search on this computer. This is Office 2002 running under XP SP3. Any help appreciated. PST files are hidden files. Why you think finding them and doing something to them in Windows Explorer is a good idea is a bit of a mystery, however. What did you think that might achieve? Sounds to me like you will be corrupting you...

"Move Item" window
I put a lot of messages in folders within Outlook. I'd like to be able to enlarge the "Move Item" window so that I could see more folders at once, but this option is not available. Is there a way to do it? No. Sorry. -- Patricia DiGiacomo Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 www.cardozasolutions.com "jalext" <thomasson@tamu.edu> wrote in message news:1125090865.677266.226400@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I put a lot of messages in folders within Outlook. I'd like to be able > to enlarge the "Move Item&...