Mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP in CListCtrl

I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base.
In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP.
Is there any parameter which should be set?

Best regards
rolf brockmann
0
rolfb (1)
5/23/2006 9:51:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Tue, 23 May 2006 02:51:01 -0700, rolfb <rolfb@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base.
>In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP.
>Is there any parameter which should be set?

It ought to just work. If you are using Intellipoint, note that later
versions of Intellipoint require you to click in a window before rolling
the wheel, as does Windows itself without Intellipoint. Programs such as
Wheeler allow you to "point and roll":

http://www.eluent.com/wheeler.htm

--
Doug Harrison
Visual C++ MVP

can't scroll in Excel
In Excel 2000, this will happen when using either the page down key or the down arrow key. I can tell by the name box and the information being displayed in the formula bar that it is actually moving down to the cells, but the cells are not being displayed on the screen. It stays at the top of the worksheet. I tried copying and pasting into a new file, it worked fine for awhile and then it happened again. It is a very large worksheet with autofilters applied. Any ideas??? -- maryj If you go to the Excel Menu "Window", is Unfreeze panes and option in that menu. If so, click ...

I don't see the Pivot table field list window
Hi, I am trying to generate a chart from an excell file which contains my data. After selecting all rows and columns, I go to Data > Pivot table and pivot chart report. Wizard show that I ahve selected the Excell list and Pivot table. But when I click Finish button, it does not show the Pivot table field list window. How can I view this window to drag data for the rows and columns in order to get the report/chart. This works on my wife's computer but does not work on my computer at my work. Thanks, Zafar Hi Zafar, Most likely it has been turned off. Display the Pivot Table to...

Summary hours Work in Resourcepool
Hello all, I have a question about the resourcepool. We have got several project plans and a resourcepool. In the resourcepool we have got the fields Name, Project, Start, Finish, %Work Complete en Work. I can see all the resources from the resourcepool (view -> resource usage) and the total hours at work i can't match them. I expand the resource and see all the tasks below the resources and the hours at work at each task i can match with the project plans. But when i look to the summary of a resource i cannot match the total of hours..... does anyone know what thi...

AutoArchive / Permanently Delete stopped working?
AutoArchive / Permanently Delete stopped working? We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, and we've noticed that the AutoArchive (set to permanently delete after 1 month) stopped working on most of our Outlook clients. We've had Exchange since version 5.0 with Outlook 97 and are currently running Exchange 2003 SP1. We've configured the Outlook clients under the Tools Menu, Options, Other Tab, AutoArchive Button: to only have the top checkbox checked, "Run AutoArchive every 7 days" (everything else is unchecked). Then, everyone has configured Deleted Items, Junk E-mail, and...

Bullet won't move using tab (Word 07 on XP)
I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a sub-bullet. However, only the text is affected by the tab. The bullet doesn't move or change. She can use her outline toolbar, but would like to use the tab key. Any thoughts? Thanks, Lisa This was answered in the past. Sorry. I searched for it and it never came up. Since I wrote it, I know the title, so I'm confused by that. Anyway, problem solved. "LisaK" wrote: > I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a > sub-bullet. However, only t...

phone that works with live calendar?
I have been using google for my business for a few years and hate it as it sometimes dups the event. I started to use windows live mail and love that the calendar syncs up from the desktop to online. But one issue I have found is I can not log on via the web when on the road to view the calendar. Is there a phone that allows this? I don't care about syncing my phone with the calendar if I can view it online that would be fine. I am also due for an upgrade on my phone so if there is a certain phone that will work that would be great. I am currently using a motorola cliq, that...

Menus in Child Windows
Hi, I've created a class derived from framewnd that I need to include in side a dialog as a Child Window. I would like it to continue to have the Menu/Tool bars.... When this is used as the main (non-child windows), the menu shows up properly. When I create it with the WS_CHILD, the menus disappear, however, the toolbar remains.... What is the process for having the Menu remain, even though style is WS_CHILD. Thanks, Dhaval This is probably a Really Bad Idea. A child dialog window by definition has no frame, no menu, and no toolbar, so it is behaving as it is supp...

Custom Forms Manager not working in Outlook 2003
I'm getting an error when attempting to run the forms manager. It says: "Unable to display the dialog box. No pages in the property sheet due to low memory. Close some windows or programs." Outlook is the only application I have running. How do I get rid of this? I have run the detect and repair feature and still get the error. I need to delete several forms from the personal forms directory. Thanks, Mark ...

KB 827401 fails on Windows 2003 Server
I have the exact problem described in KB 827401. (My Project Web Access is blank instead of displaying the timesheet). When I follow the KB procedure I get the message that the Windows Script 5.6 is not Logo Certified for Windows 2003 Server and the installation fails. My Windows 2003 Server is running Terminal Services in application mode and runs Outlook 2003. ...

General Guidelines on Architecting Windows VC++ 6.0 Applications
Hello, I am working on a legacy system that contains 3 main applications. VB client | ATL out of process COM server ATL out of process COM server- SORRY THIS THREAD WAS SENT PREMATURELY - PLEASE SEE LATER POSTING ON SAME TOPIC "pdxphil" wrote: > Hello, > > I am working on a legacy system that contains 3 main applications. > > VB client > | > ATL out of process COM server > ATL out of process COM server- ...

CListCtrl question, Easy for the experienced
Hi. VC++ 6.0. I have a dialog with a list control in report mode. I can populate the items and sub items fine. What I desire is to make my items (column 0) have a bold font. I have managed to make the whole control bold by getting the font using the various members, but this is not what I want to do. My question is: how does one change the font on one item? I can't seem to get an edit control using CListCtrl::GetEditControl(). I don't know why. I've tried to select the item using CListCtrl::SetItemState() and then try to get the edit control but this still doesn't work...

Windows Image Acquisition library problems
I am trying to add some simple scanning code to an app to use my WIA compliant scanner. I have downloaded and installed the WIAAUT.DLL I found some sample C#.NET code that uses WIA and have a simple test app that will invoke my scanner's WIA driver UI that lets me run a preview scan, mask the area I want to scan, adjust the DPI, etc, and then scan. All well and good. Here's the rub. It doesn't matter what value I pass to the FormatID property, the returned ImageFile object is ALWAYS in Window BMP format!! I want to save as JPG. But the saved file is always the same exact...

redirect rule doesn't work
Hi Ok, well, I had a "forwarding rule" problem earlier, it was solved by a generous user here on the forum, so I thought I'd try again with another rule I'm having trouble with I'd like to be able to use the "Redirect rule", but of course that doesn't work either.. I've allowed forwarding on the server, I suppose there is another setting allowing for re-direction?? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated... Sorry, It does work.. It just took a while for the message to be delivered.... "certolnut" <whitney_neal@hotmail.com> wrote in...

How do you stop run-away scrolling in Word?
When I start to scroll through a document in Word or PDF, something takes over and scrolling will not stop until 1) the end of the document or 2) I hit "abort" (Control, alt, delete) and get out of the document. What can I do to get control over this scrolling? Really frustrating! I doubt that it is a Word problem. How are you trying to scroll and what are you using: mouse, mouse wheel, touchpad? Have you changed the mouse settings through the Control Panel, MOUSE app? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Pas" <Pas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

User Profiles going from XP to Windows 7
I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure. I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that they won't be starting from Scratch? We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that...

Can't uninstall media extender on Windows 7
I got my PC Media Center and my Xbox360 media extender somehow out of sync with each other. In other words the WMC's don't seem to see each other. It seems the easiest thing for me to do, would be to uninstall the Media Extender from the PC Media Center. Unfortunately when I follow the directions WMC > Tasks > Settings > Extender > (the only option i get is) CONFIGURE (there is no UNINSTALL at this point) The device is seen in WMC as XBOX 360 not set up ...

Shortcut working directory
Hello, I have an MDI application which supports doeble clicking on an NFG file to open the file. However, it works only for NFG files that located on the same directory with the ConfigNet.exe file name. For NFG that are located in different folders, the application cannot run, becuase it cannot find some dllz required for the application to run. I set the application path in the regisrtry, so if I put the exe file in any folder and double click it it works. I want the same beahviour for opening an NFG file (by double clicking it). Thanks, Janiv Ratson. > Hello, > I have an MDI a...

Working with names
I'm working in a worksheet plenty of named ranges. When I change a name of a range or cell, the formulas referring that range don't reflect tha change of the name (they keep the old name). May you suggest me a procedure to reflect automatically those changes? No, Excel doesn't change your formulas when you change a name. In fact it doesn't have a "change a name" feature as such. You must accomplish that by selecting the range and defining the new name. At that point you have two named ranges, the original and the new one. Then you would delete the old one from ...

Is there a way to remove the RTD, On Order, on a work order?
Is there a way to remove the RTD, On Order, Picked up display on the work order? You need to remove the following lines of code from your Receipt Template you are using. Search for "RTD" after opening the file. ********************* <IF> <CONDITION> ((Entry.QuantityOnOrder <> 0) | (Entry.QuantityRTD <> 0)) & (Transaction.Type <> transactionQuote) </CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW> "||Quantity RTD:|" Entry.QuantityRTD " ||" </ROW> ...

Help! Money 2005 doesn't work after update!
installed 2005 premium two weeks ago and set up all my bank info. I got notice for update every time but I canceled it. But later, since my bank info was set, I updated it. Then the trouble came. I can not log in anymore. EVery time after I input the passport, it gave error as "an unexpected error has occurred. please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's online service customer support." I tried to uninstall and reinstall. The same problem. so I can not use it any more. Help! See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/42.aspx and ...

Windows restore does not work at all
I fix a restore point but when I try to restore from it I always get a message '... cannot be restored to' ... followed by the restore point name. John On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:21:01 -0800, John wrote: > I fix a restore point but when I try to restore from it I always get a > message '... cannot be restored to' ... followed by the restore point > name. > > John Turn off any anti-virus/malware programs, particularly if it's Norton's, a known problem, before trying restore. Stef What anti-virus application or security suite is insta...

Converting Text file from Mac OS to Windows
Dears, Is there any tool from Microsoft converting text files from Mac OS to Windows? if yes is it support arabic. Thank you and Huppy New Year In article <uNnZZt3CGHA.516@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Yasser" <yasser_shahin@hotmail.com> wrote: > Dears, > > Is there any tool from Microsoft converting text files from Mac OS to > Windows? if yes is it support arabic. > > Thank you and Huppy New Year I don't know of any Microsoft tool, but the free TextWrangler from Bare Bones Software allows one to easily choose the "line end"...

Restart Window Service
Hi, I have an application that attempts to start a service that is detected to be stopped by the user using SetServiceStatus. However, this is only successful on the first time but fails on the subsequent tries with an error message 'Could not stop the <service name> service on local computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal windows error or an internal service error. if problem persists, contact your system administrator'. Anyone knows why? Regards cleohm Which version of Windows? What does the code look like? What ACLs were set for ...

Why am I getting #VALUE! when working with a TIMEVALUE formula?
This formula is working on other pages within the same workbook, yet it does not work on a newly inserted worksheet. NOTE: this orginial workbook was created in an early version of Excel (95 or 98), now using 2000. Hi what is your exact formula and what is in the referenced cells? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany TIMEVALUE ERROR wrote: > This formula is working on other pages within the same workbook, yet > it does not work on a newly inserted worksheet. NOTE: this orginial > workbook was created in an early version of Excel (95 or 98), now > using 2000. The for...

CProgressbar and a Dialog window-- no refresh
Hello, I hope someone can answer this...( I posted this in vc.events too) I have a modeless dialog box that contains a progress bar. It works fine....when you don't touch it when it is updating. But as soon as you move another window on top of it or try to move the window itself, it immediately stops refreshing. -- Sometimes even the window will go blank. The process still finishes, but the dialog box is dead. Here is what I have done in the loop with the progress bar updating: p_dlg->Invalidate(TRUE); p_dlg->UpdateWindow(); // these 2 lines don't do the trick, still...