minimising a dialog

Hi,

I want to minimise my dialog, but i've removed the minimize / maximise
buttons. I'm going to use one of my own buttons, but I don't know how to
call the minimisation.

I've removed the exit button, but have created my own one instead. However,
one draw back of removing the title bar etc is that in the system tray thing
(not sure what it's called) at the bottom middle of my screen, with most
applications it shows the name, and then a right click will give the optinos
of closing, maximising etc. Anyway, these are now not there. How do I fix
this?

Any help much appreciated.

0
h.dean (65)
4/20/2004 5:07:25 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ShowWindow  - with the appropriate parameters to show minimizee, show
normal, show maximized etc..

"Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to minimise my dialog, but i've removed the minimize / maximise
> buttons. I'm going to use one of my own buttons, but I don't know how to
> call the minimisation.
>
> I've removed the exit button, but have created my own one instead.
However,
> one draw back of removing the title bar etc is that in the system tray
thing
> (not sure what it's called) at the bottom middle of my screen, with most
> applications it shows the name, and then a right click will give the
optinos
> of closing, maximising etc. Anyway, these are now not there. How do I fix
> this?
>
> Any help much appreciated.

0
rajas (56)
4/20/2004 5:11:16 AM
You can supress sysmenu by
first getiing system nenu by GetSystemMenu();and use DeleteMenu() function

	CMenu* pSysMenu = GetSystemMenu(FALSE)
	if (pSysMenu != NULL

		pSysMenu->DeleteMenu(0,MF_BYPOSITION)

Best regards
Deepu (DAK)
0
anonymous (74722)

error LNK2001 in the Dialog's .obj file
I'm trying to do a DAO database test. I'm using the following headers for the database engine, workspace, and database objects #include <afxole.h #include <dbdao.h I'm getting 47 errors of LNK2001 in the Dialog's .obj fil Why do I get this error and what is the fix Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D41229-D80D-45B2-9113-0CF8AC0D1A41@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do a DAO database test. I'm using the following headers for the database engine, workspace, and database objects: > > #in...

Getting access to dialog data
Context: VC++ 6 , MFC Dialog-based App The basic classes created by AppWizard are three utility classes CChildFrame, CMainFrame, , CAboutDialog and three (I'll call them) program classes, CMyApp, CMyDoc, CMyView. What's visible when the program starts is a dialog that's an instantiation of the CMyView class. Using File | New or the New-File button on the toolbar invokes CWinApp::OnFileNew() which instantiates another member of the CMyView class with data initialized in CMyView::OnInitialUpdate(). This seems to be a perfect way to allow the user to clone an existing dialog ...

Color Dialog Help
I am calling the Declare Function ChooseColor Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias "ChooseColorA" (pChoosecolor As CHOOSECOLORS) As Long to work with colors but I cannot figure out how to work it as follows: (1) i save and reload the custom colors. this all works. (2) i pass a current color using ColorDialog.rgbResult = CLng(vCurrentColor) this sets the matrix to the correct color properly (3) now i want to tweak that incoming color using the matrix or Lum slider. this i can do. (4) now i want to add it as a custom color. BUT cannot because, if I click a vac...

Word dialog box not fully visible
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Apparently my screen is too small. The dialog box is moved to the top of the screen, but the bottom is not visible; so I've made changes to the track changes options and am unable to click on "okay", "apply changes", etc. (I can't see what's there to click on.) Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? Thanks for any help you can provide. * gg wrote, On 20-1-2010 18:29: > Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Apparently my screen is too small. The > dialog box is moved to the top of the scre...

Dialog window size
Hi, Is there a way to change the size of dialog window without editing in text editior, the resource file ? i don't want too, to increase size with mouse using handle. something like property editor could be very interesting. tia, Maileen "Maileen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OeIK63i9DHA.2392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there a way to change the size of dialog window without editing in > text editior, the resource file ? > i don't want too, to increase size with mouse using handle. > > something like property editor could...

Send/Receive Dialog box in outlook 2002
I have an issue with the Send/receive Progress Dialog box in Outlook 2002. I have selected the options to "dont show send/receive dialog box" and I do not have the pin activated but this dialog box still appears. Any suggestions as to why this occurs and how to rectify the problem. Regards Ben ...

SetCursor not working in child dialogs
Hello people I have a problem with SetCursor, I have derived a class from CStatic, and inside OnSetCursor I'm using SetCursor, but there's no effect. Can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong? Thanks, Ron "Anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eoxaECN2HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello people > > I have a problem with SetCursor, > I have derived a class from CStatic, and inside OnSetCursor I'm using > SetCursor, > but there's no effect. > Can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong? > Does ...

win32 programming: how to ooen a webbrowser in a win32 dialog?
All, I have a win32 dialog application (not use MFC nor ATL). When I click the button of a dialog, I want to open a browser with a specified URL. There are a few requirements: 1. I do not want to use IE to open the URL. I want to open this one in a Webbrowser control (I.e. IWebBrowser2). 2. The webbrowser control is not embedded in the dialog. It will be dynamically created when I clicked the button Any tips how to do this? Which class should I use? This is a pure win32 application so I could not use MFC or ATL libraries. thanks in advance, Qiang http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...

Need Help with Busy Dialog Thread
my application would perform a task. I want to stop the user from using the application's GUI untill the the BG task is finished. At first using Modal Dlg did not do the trick as every one now (apart from me) the the CDialog::DoModal() function has to return some how. So, I made a bit of research on the net and found a trick to display the Dialog using CWinThread derived class without stoping the main app window for executing the background task as follows: (1) In your header file define a CWinThread-derived class... class CDialogThread : public CWinThread { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CDial...

ASSERT I don't understand (modeless dialog and posting messages)
I am hitting an intermittent ASSERT when I post a message from a modeless dialog to it's main window that I don't understand. Initially I thought it screamed of a memory corruption issue, but I have enabled all of the CRT debug heap checking options and tested with Boundschecker and no heap issues are being reported. Is there something inherently wrong with this?: #1- The main window has an edit control IDC_MESSAGES #2- Just before a lengthy operation is about to occur, a modeless dialog is created via new() and its Create() method called. There is a progress ctrl and an abort butt...

How to enable titlebar of child dialog
Hi, I am working on a dialog based activex control. Properties of dialog derived from CDialog are - Style : Child, TitleBar : True. (It is a modeless dialog) Now when I try running this control using ActiveX Control Test Container or IE. The titlebar appears grayish and the child controls of the dialog (Edit Controls) cannot be selected. How can i activate the child dialog titlebar. I need the titlebar as I need to use the contextsensitive help? Please provide some pointers how should I go about this. Thanks, ~Punit. A child dialog is not supposed to have a caption bar. A child dialog ...

Derived Dialog Does Not Work, am I doing it wrong?
Hi, All: I am very new to MFC programming, but have experience in C++, Java and C#. I have this C++ appl with 20-ish tabPages on a dialog, all these pages have some same controls, let's say on the left area are a CListBox and Buttons, right areas are different in every page. I am thinking create a base tabPage class, which contains the left area (CListBox and Buttons) and basic members, then derive all my tabPages from this base tabPage class so that I only need to add controls and members on the right area. Theoritically, this is a sample OO design, isn't it? I created my base tabPa...

capturing windows messages to parent dialog box
Hey All, i have a CDialog based application taht communiates with a centralized server application written by a colleague. (it's essentially an internal network monitoring app, can anyone say NIH? :) ) We're now adding in functionality to monitor ups devices. The server sends me a packet that says the UPS has lost power. I popup a modal message box (using this class from codeproject -> http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/MessageBoxDialog.asp) telling the user he has X seconds to shutdown the network or the server will do it for him. This of course can simply be cause someone...

Accelerators in child dialogs
Hi, I have a form view with some controls and a tab window with other dialogs as tab pages. I need to handle some key combination on the form view to change the active tab page. To do this, I added an entry in the accelerator table and the corresponding command handler on my form view. This is working fine, but only when the form view has the focus. If I set the focus to the tab window or any tab page, the command doesn't get routed to the form view. Is there any way of doing this (other than handling the command on each tab page)? Thanks, Pedro Ferreira On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:...

What's a dialog box? How do I close it?
In Outlook, when I try to send a message, I get a window that says: "Open dialog box. Close dialog box and try again." I have no idea how to close a dialog box. What are you doing when you are sending the message? a dialog box is a message box reminding you to do something or telling you of problems. See if you can bring it forward using Alt+Tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://ww...

Hyperlink and dialog box
Can anyone help with this... I want double click on a hyperlink address box to open the dialog File open, so that clicking the filename in the file open dialog will put the filename in the hyperlink address box. Is this poss? if so, what is the simplest way to do so? Cheers! On Apr 10, 7:12 pm, sci <s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone help with this... > I want double click on a hyperlink address box to open the dialog File open, > so that clicking the filename in the file open dialog will put the filename > in the hyperlink address box. Is this poss? if...

double click in treeview launching dialog box eats mouse input
This one has me completely flummoxed. I have a tree view derived class in which I handle double clicks (NM_DBLCLK or WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK, doesn't matter which). I am supposed to launch a (modal) dialog box which works fine. However, if I left or right click *anywhere* on the entire screen (including the launched dialog box itself) that click goes to the tree view! Just the first click. All subsequent clicks go to the dialog box as they should. The dialog _is_ the topmost and active window; why does the first click go to the tree view? If I launch the same dialog from anywhere else it work...

Cutomizing Print Dialog + MFC
Hi, I have customized the standard Print dialog for my application.(I did it the way it has been given in the MSDN http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q132/9/09.asp&NoWebContent=1). But I am having a peculiar problem. The icon that appears in the Copies area is clipped when collate button is checked. Does anyone can let me know how to overcome this. -- Regards, Amar Kumar. ...

No Logon Dialog Box
Hi, I hope someone here can help with this. I have taken over CRM Administration and Development from a previous employee. But, when I try to access CRM I get a Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: User Access Error Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80049001 When I Remote Desktop to the server that CRM is installed on, and try to access CRM, a Logon Dialog Box appears, and I am able to enter my credentials and get to work. How can I make CRM display the Logon Dialog Box on my machine? Thanks in advanc...

Attachments and LDAP Directort dialog box
When adding attachments in OE you are able to add multiple attachments. For some reason I am able to only add one at a time in Outlook 2003. Is there a setting I have missed? Secondly, when Outlook starts, I get a dialog box called "Microsoft LDAP Directory" pop up. I do not use this facility, but only use the ordinary address book. Is there any way to diasble this dialog box so that Outlook loads without intervention? Ian ...

MFC Dialog Font
Consider an MFC app in which all the dialogs use the default font, MS Sans Serif 8. According to the character map, MS Sans Serif does not support Unicode characters. However, if I compile my app as Unicode and put a string containing Unicode characters into a label or control, it displays properly. I would expect it to show mystery characters or ??s. What is going on here? ...

NEW ACTIVITY DIALOG
Does anyone know where the source is located for the New Activity Dialog Screen, I have noticed that 3rd party tools Link to this. I am wanting to find how microsoft added Images in the Textarea/Listbox Thanks in advacned JL If you are expecting to see the code behind for the .aspx page you will be disappointed. The Microsoft CRM .aspx pages are linked to compiled .dlls which do the rendering. So you won't be able to see exactly how it was done. Just from memory - you can probably find a folder called "Activity" on the web site. Look for the edit.aspx file in that folde...

format cell tabs hidden in excel dialog box
I saw a question posted earlier on this, but it did not fix my issue. We recently upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003 and we're finding that some people in the company are experiencing the issues of some tabs in the format/cell dialog box being cut off from view. This is happening if you open an existing spreadsheet or a new one and is global to all users of the PC. I'm guessing it might be due to leftover remnants of Office 97 on these PCs and was wondering if there was a tool that searches out the files and removes them. If not, does anyone have any suggestions. The worst ...

Minimise Excel after several minutes
Is it possible to have MS Excel 2003 minimise its self after several minutes when it's not in use? Wayne Wayne Not that I could think of, certainly through the GUI. It can be minimised through VBA but the difficulty would be detecting activity -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Wayne_Perth_WA" <WaynePerthWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E615C678-FE96-4B15-920C-D227B8F55C31@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have MS Excel 2003 minimise its self after several > minutes &g...

MODELESS DIALOG BOX
hi, i tried reating a modeless dialog box in the initinstance of the appliation ,but was not able to see after exeution ,then i kept a messagebox and so it but after liking it the dialogbox disappears well it might be bcoz i defined the dialog box as local (my intution) but in case of modal also i create it loal but in that case i can see it ,wat could be the possible reason and wat should be done to reate a modeles dialog box thanx in advane pointer go cold turkey and post again when the caffine has worn off. "pointer" <pointer@rediff.com> wrote in message news:O7$yqf...