Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86), can i redistribute single files of it?

Hi,

until today i always forced users to download/install the
complete package of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
Redistributable Package (x86), but mostly my applications
only need the msvcr90.dll to run. So my question here is
if i can pack this file into my installer and redistribute it with
my application. For my case it would be just fine if the
dll would be in the same directory as the app is.

Is it legal to redisitribute the single dll or do i have to
pack the complete msi installer into my app installer,
which makes the complete installer a huge package,...

I didnt find any information until yet regarding my
question in the web,...

Regards

K.

--
-----------------------
Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue

0
kareem114 (144)
3/7/2008 12:24:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

ok, i found this, if someone has the same question:

[A List of Redistributable Files]
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984372(VS.71).aspx

[Redistributing a Native C++ Application]
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984514(VS.71).aspx

Regards

K.

--
-----------------------
"Kerem G�mr�kc�" <kareem114@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> until today i always forced users to download/install the
> complete package of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
> Redistributable Package (x86), but mostly my applications
> only need the msvcr90.dll to run. So my question here is
> if i can pack this file into my installer and redistribute it with
> my application. For my case it would be just fine if the
> dll would be in the same directory as the app is.
>
> Is it legal to redisitribute the single dll or do i have to
> pack the complete msi installer into my app installer,
> which makes the complete installer a huge package,...
>
> I didnt find any information until yet regarding my
> question in the web,...
>
> Regards
>
> K.
>

> --
> -----------------------
> Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue
> Kerem G�mr�kc�
> Microsoft Live Space: http://kerem-g.spaces.live.com/
> Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de
> -----------------------
> "This reply is provided as is, without warranty express or implied."

0
kareem114 (144)
3/7/2008 12:37:14 AM
Kerem G�mr�kc� wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok, i found this, if someone has the same question:
>
> [A List of Redistributable Files]
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984372(VS.71).aspx
>
> [Redistributing a Native C++ Application]
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984514(VS.71).aspx

Those are for VC++ 2003

The information for VC++ 2008 is here:

> Regards
>
> K.
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> until today i always forced users to download/install the
>> complete package of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
>> Redistributable Package (x86), but mostly my applications
>> only need the msvcr90.dll to run. So my question here is
>> if i can pack this file into my installer and redistribute it with
>> my application. For my case it would be just fine if the
>> dll would be in the same directory as the app is.
>>
>> Is it legal to redisitribute the single dll or do i have to
>> pack the complete msi installer into my app installer,
>> which makes the complete installer a huge package,...
>>
>> I didnt find any information until yet regarding my
>> question in the web,...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> K.
>>

>> --
>> -----------------------
>> Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue
>> Kerem G�mr�kc�
>> Microsoft Live Space: http://kerem-g.spaces.live.com/
>> Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de
>> -----------------------
>> "This reply is provided as is, without warranty express or implied."

0
rbv (46)
3/7/2008 2:41:47 PM
Hi Ben,

>The information for VC++ 2008 is here:
>http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299.aspx

Thank you, i already read the "redist.txt" in my
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\"
and of course this,...

Maybe this is interessting for someone else, looking for the
same information...

Thanks,..

Regards

K.

--
-----------------------
"Ben Voigt [C++ MVP]" <rbv@nospam.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Kerem G�mr�kc� wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ok, i found this, if someone has the same question:
>>
>> [A List of Redistributable Files]
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984372(VS.71).aspx
>>
>> [Redistributing a Native C++ Application]
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984514(VS.71).aspx
>
> Those are for VC++ 2003
>
> The information for VC++ 2008 is here:
>

>> Regards
>>
>> K.
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> until today i always forced users to download/install the
>>> complete package of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
>>> Redistributable Package (x86), but mostly my applications
>>> only need the msvcr90.dll to run. So my question here is
>>> if i can pack this file into my installer and redistribute it with
>>> my application. For my case it would be just fine if the
>>> dll would be in the same directory as the app is.
>>>
>>> Is it legal to redisitribute the single dll or do i have to
>>> pack the complete msi installer into my app installer,
>>> which makes the complete installer a huge package,...
>>>
>>> I didnt find any information until yet regarding my
>>> question in the web,...
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> K.
>>>

>>> --
>>> -----------------------
>>> Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue
>>> Kerem G�mr�kc�
>>> Microsoft Live Space: http://kerem-g.spaces.live.com/
>>> Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de
>>> -----------------------
>>> "This reply is provided as is, without warranty express or implied."

0
kareem114 (144)

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

can I snap wrap points to a text box

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file