microsoft office chart documentation / API

Hello,

I'm trying to incorporate this microsoft office chart 10.0 activex
control into my MFC dialog application.

I can see the control on the dialog, and that is fantastic. I cannot
populate it with any data programatically though - and I cannot find
ANY documentation for how to use this activex wrapper. All I'd like to
do is create a bar chart with 4 data points from an array, to start.

Does anyone have any examples, or just where I could find documentation
on this? There are a lot of articles out there that are somewhat
similar using vb or other versions of the chart control, but the API
seems completely different than what intellisense is telling me this
activex control has.

If you have any information please let me know, in the meantime I will
be wandering the internet in misery,

Thanks

0
markww (42)
5/10/2006 7:47:21 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Does Microsoft provide a reader/viewer for Publisher?
I am using Publisher 2003. I have created business cards for some of my sales representatives. I would like to email them a copy for them to view. I would also like for them to be able to print the cards from the viewer. Is there a viewer and if so, can one print from a viewer? "Boone" <Boone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF92A0BF-6227-4E4F-927C-D789E9030C43@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2003. I have created business cards for some of my >sales > representatives. I would like to email them a copy for them to view. I > would > a...

merging pictures into a document template
I need help inserting a code on the data source for a merge that involves photographs. The mini-project is to take data and picture unique to each document. I did some instructions but I guess I"m such a newbie that I can't figure out where to start in this process. I'll paste the instructions below so somebody can tell me exactly, from the first step and every step til the end, how to do this. For me, there isn't enough info for me to follow the directions. I get stuck at #3. Specifically, "by nesting the merge field in an IncludePicture field." Where ...

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007
First... My question: How can I delete a 'saved' Return Address in the envelope template? When I am in Word and I go to print an envelope, I have to use, or correct, a 'saved' Return Address. (Someone had saved it before and it always changes!) (The migration: Word > Mailings > Envelopes ) Please help Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4966 (20100322) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "David Dyke&quo...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents
Hi, I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication. Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint 2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled, all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and opens as expected and as in Office 2007. Where is the settin...

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

=?Utf-8?Q?Microsoft=C2=AE_Money_Plus_Deluxe_edi?= =?Utf-8?Q?tion_trial_version?=
I'm using Microsoft® Money Plus Deluxe edition trial version .if I purchase MS Money Standard Edition 2005, do I need to enter all data again or will trial edition convert to full version. An older version cannot read a file produced by a newer one. So Plus can read a 2005 file but not the reverse. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Jagdeep" <jagdeep_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BD1E99CA-8A12-4B89-97...

Microsoft Word Shutting down Unexpectedly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Have any of you experienced Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 shutting down unexpectingly? It's been known to happen to "some of the people some of the time" but there's usually a specific cause that can readily be remedied -- and re-installing Office isn't the fix. Need of disk permissions repair & failure to stay on top of Office & OS X updates rank high on the list of probable suspects. If those conditions are satisfied & a restart of the Mac doesn't correct the problem there are ot...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Hyperlinks to pdfs and word documents are not working
My Access database was recently upgraded to Access 2007. Now all of the hyperlinks I have to pdfs and word documents are not working. In browsing "external data" I see that I can link to text files and excel files, etc. Please explain why my links to pdfs and word documents no longer are working and how I can fix them. -- Archivist Try to eplain a little more, what do you mean by not working? Do the links react but present you with some kind of warning. In what way were the links created. Have you set the directory where your files reside as trusted in the trus...

Error when I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client
When I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client this error occurs: Extern error: object does'nt exist in the server, check that the object exist in the database and also in the active directory. I think this happen after I installed the service pack 2. If anyone knows how I resolve this problem, and can help me - that would be great! Hello Sandy. Check this link http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp2/rnotes_us.htm#DrWatson in the "Outlook Web Access errors" See you. Daniel Rodríguez. ...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

Resizing document after completion
Hey, everyone, I have quite a substantial problem. I just completed a 109-page manual for work in Publisher 2003. Originally, I set the page size to be 8.5" x 5.5" but the powers that be came down and now tell me they want it 4" x 6". I went into Page Setup and changed the page dimensions, but only the pages resized, not the actual objects. I've got this and another 46-page manual due on Oct. 3, and I don't have time to go back and resize and realign 109 pages of text boxes and images. I suppose what I'm asking is if Publisher 2003 (or later) allows ...

Email Publisher document as body of email
I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send as body of email as I created it? "sgalovich" wrote: > I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an > email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template > headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send > as body of email as I created it? "sgalov...

The webpage cannot be found when trying to Open Document on new WF
Hi, I recently added a Windows 2008 R2 Server with Sharepoint 2007 64 Bit (12.0.0.6421) to my Farm. This should replace the existing 2003 R2 (64 bit) Server as the Hardware is out of warranty and we want to prepare for an inplace upgrade to Sharepoint 2010. All appears to be running well, just when I try to open documents that are in kind of a deep level document repository I would get a "The webpage cannot be found", IIS would log a 404. I can however download the document, but that's not what users want. The behaviour is regardless of the type of document. A...

Microsoft has encountered an Error and needs to close.
I have a very large program in excel VBA that has been working fine until the other day. I have a connection to ADO that has all of a sudden seemed to cause an error. I receive the error that "Office Excel has encountered an error and needs to close." If i out a message box right before the procedure runs that i have narrowed the error down to, it runs fine. Also, it doesnt cause an error when the userform loads if i have the VBA editor open. This error occurs when I go to open the userform. Excel 2003, doesnt matter which Windows version I am running, I have Vista at h...

Color Text in Charts
I want to have the data labels along the X axis be color coded. I have price data associated with sales efforts. My labels represent sales won (Green), sales lost (Red), sales still active (Black). I can put colored text in the worksheet cells, but that color does not follow through to the chart. It sounds silly, but without this I need to export the chart to Powerpoint and do almost twice as much work. Is there some way to that the text color follow through the chart creation process? -- Eric K In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- 1. Click on your Sales Won colu...

Help with 2007 Chart Layout
Hi, I can't figure out how to build the chart I'm hoping to create. I have data by: quarters, regions, $ and #. Q1 Americas $100 5 Q2 Americas $200 7 Q3 Americas $120 3 Q1 Asia $213 4 Q2 Asia $312 2 .... Q1 Europe ... Q2 Eroupe... .... I'd like to have on the X-axis: region, on the y-axis $ (columns) and a secondary axis # (line graph). What's throwing me is the quarters. X axis: America with 3 bar graphs side by side for Q1, Q2, Q3 then a new grouping of bar graphs side by side for Asia Q1, Q2, Q3. Can this be accomplished? I'd appreciat...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

What is my microsoft exchange server in initial set up? Home use
I am unable to set up my outlook. When I try to set up the account (the first account) it tells me that "the name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchage server is not available." What should my microsoft exchange server and my mailbox be? what type of mail account do you use? close outlook, go to control panel, mail and delete the existing profile. Make a new one using the correct account type. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tip...