Microsoft Office 12 Ribbon Control

Does anyone know of a third-party component vendor that makes an MFC-based
ribbon control?

I've seen the .Net version of the ribbon from DevComponents (DotNetBar)
but I'd like to have pure MFC code if possible.

Eric
0
eric6371 (58)
2/13/2006 10:42:06 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The guys at www.codejock.com said they are working on one, but there is no
ETA as to when it would be released.

Tom

"Eric Hill" <eric@ijack.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a third-party component vendor that makes an MFC-based
> ribbon control?
>
> I've seen the .Net version of the ribbon from DevComponents (DotNetBar)
> but I'd like to have pure MFC code if possible.
>
> Eric

0
tserface (3861)
2/13/2006 11:16:50 PM
> The guys at www.codejock.com said they are working on one, but there is no
> ETA as to when it would be released.
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom.  I have a license for XTP so I'll cross my fingers :)

Eric

0
eric6371 (58)
2/14/2006 3:49:12 AM
That makes two sets of fingers crossed at least.

>> The guys at www.codejock.com said they are working on one, but there is
>> no ETA as to when it would be released.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Thanks Tom.  I have a license for XTP so I'll cross my fingers :)
>
> Eric

0
tserface (3861)

correct formulation of expression in control source
How can I combine 2 expressions that use the DCount function? For example, in control source, =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1]=True") will give me a value Y which I need to add to another value obtained by =DCount("[Field1]",qryZ","[Field1]=True"). I have tried various bits such as =DCount("[Field1]","qryX" And "qryZ","[Field1]=True") but that does not work. Can anyone help? Regards Have you tried =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1]=True") + DCount("[Field1...

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

Office 2004 on Intel works, for a while, then apps will not launch
Hello all! I searched previous posts extensively before posting. But my problem does not seem to come from corrupted fonts or preferences. Problem : Office apps work fine after a reboot, but eventually, I become unable to relaunch them. I have to reboot again to get them to work. Details : MacBook Pro, 1gig of ram. Office 2004 11.2.6. OS 10.4.7. I'll open Entourage, work a bit, close it, and then I can't open it anymore. The splash screen does not even appear completely (white rectangle). Console gives : ***** Date/Time: 2006-08-09 12:03:11.089 -0400 OS Version: 10.4.7 (...

Office 2003 rollout
I am trying to roll out Office 2003 using an MST file - deployed from System Center Essentials. The installation is successful on the workstation, and SCE reports the installation as successful. However upon reboot the workstation says that it needs the Office install again. I pretty much accepted the defaults in creating the MST file using the Resource Kit's Custom Installation Wizard. I did make a few changes to the product features, but that's about it. Initially I did have the MST configured to remove any prior versions of Office but suspected that this could...

Adding variables to a static text control (displaying contents of array)
Hello, I was wondering if the following was possible ? I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an array which contains about 5 items. I would like the text control to display the contents of this array and then have a button which would move to next position into the array and thus the static text control would display something different ? How could achieve this? I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 and I'm quite new to MFC Many Thanks. >I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an >array which contains about 5 items. I would lik...

where to find doc. for Microsoft defined types
Is there a place where all the Microsoft data type definitions can be found (e.g. BOOL, Hwnd, UINT , etc. etc. . . .)? without having to hunt through all the .h files? My most recent snag: in a dialog box, I have class wizard define a member value variable for a checkbox, which shows up as a BOOL. In my code, I stored it in a variable defined as bool. Of course, this gives a warning, so I change mine to BOOL and everythings ok. But I would really like to know what BOOL is - so far, I haven't found it, but there are so many .h files ....... TIA for any guidance. ...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additiona...

How do you use the Livescribe smartpen with MS Office products?
I just received a Pulse Smartpen as a gift and I love it. I am curious about how other users of Office products utilize their smartpen features with Office ...

Reintstalling Office 03 on a new machine, Excel does not appear
Hi, Had to put a new hard drive in my notebook, and reinstall XP home and all my software. Reinstalled Office from original disks, and most of it works. Word is fine. However Excel does not appear in Start/All Programs or anywhere else. Tried three times. What's up? Mike Try Start>Run excel.exe Anything? When you re-installed was it a "typical" or a "custom"? Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/remove programs. Scroll down to Office 2003 and change/remove. Select change. Follow your nose from there and you can see if Excel has been installed. Hav...

Send button no longer on Message ribbon after reinstall
I recently had to reinstalling Office 2007 Professional RTM after the secondary (i.e. non-boot) hard drive suffered partial MFT corruption. I was able to uninstall Office 2007 successfully before fixing the drive and reinstalling the same version of Office from the same source discs. After reinstalling, I noticed that the Send button no longer appears on the Message ribbon like it used to. It used to be located where the Clipboard in now located on the Message ribbon. Now it only appears in the message itself, next to "To", "Cc", and "Bcc". After search...

Signing ActiveX Controls
Hi, After creating an activex control, I used the SIGNCODE utility that comes with InstallShield Professional 6.3 to sign my .ocx file. Its asking for the certificate to use, which I don't have. How to aquire this certificate? and is it what I need to install and run my activex controls on client machines (when embedding the control into HTML document using OBJECT tag)? Thanx. I did this few years ago. I got the certificate from Verisign. They give you all the info including how to sign it using microsoft's technology. It used to cost around ~$400. Your clients can still us...

Controls on Form Limit
Is there a limit to the number of controls that can be on a form? I have have a big problem with a form I just finished designing and I am sure it is because of the amount of controls I have on the form. Any ideas. There is a limit of 754 controls over the life time of the form. Note that that means if you started with some controls and then deleted them, those are still part of the count. There's no way to reset the count. What you can do, however, is copy all of the controls on the form onto a new form (and copy the code from the form's module). -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Acc...

Method of calling a function where function name is stored in a variable or control
Is there a way to call a function (or sub for that matter) where the function/sub name is stored in a variable? For instance lets say I have a table that stores some function names. On a form I have a list box that displays the records in that table. For this example lets say they all accomplish similar things and all require the same numbef of arguments and none of them return a value. If Call were the right method to accomplis this it might look sometihng like this Dim lngArgument as Long lngArgument = 1234 Call Me.lstBox, lngArgument In this case Call would run the function...

Office on my notebook
Hi all I have a copy of Office Home and Student 2007 which is on my home PC. My lovely boyfriend has bought me a Notebook for Christmas, and I'd like to upload my copy of Office onto it, if possible. Obviously, I haven't got a CD drive on my Notebook though and I'm not sure how else to do it? Do I need to buy an external CD drive to do it or is there somewhere on the Office website to do it? Thanks in advance for your help. Caroline 1) External cd/dvd drive 2) Install over a network 3) Copy complete installation cd to usb drive "Caroline" <...

Any method to copy the hyperlink address from an Office Object?
Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object and paste the same to a cell? You cannot copy the link address directly through Excel build-in menu . you need to use VBA code to do that. "Narnimar" wrote: > Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object > and paste the same to a cell? Maybe you could use a userdefined function to extract the hyperlink from the cells that have them. Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If...

tighter exchange integration??? 12-10-03
Has anyone thought of trying to build a bit tighter exchange integration? Like when a task is created in CRM having it go to exchange too? Etc? ...

Take a look at the important update from the Microsoft Corporation
--emiqbvbiclcqkp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yifoawvdossxi"; type="multipart/alternative" --yifoawvdossxi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jcntgvofppoyqzlc" --jcntgvofppoyqzlc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Office 2004 + 2008?
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3300277495_2506840 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Can I run Office 2004 and 2008 at the same time? I would like to use Office 2008 but I still need to run Excel 2004 for VBA and Macros needs. Thanks. --B_3300277495_2506840 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>O...

Need an Offic e 2010 book?
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_press/archive/2010/01/20/free-ebook-first-look-microsoft-office-2010.aspx ...

dynamically created subclassed CComboBox doesnot recieve CBN_SELCHANGE in Activex Control
hi, Please ignore this post if a similar one appears. I posted yesterday and the post has not appeared on the NG yet. That said, let me explain the problem : I subclassed the CComboBox and am placing it on a CToolBar derivative. Both the combobox and the toolbar are created dynamically. I wish to trap the CBN_SELCHANGE message of the combobox and do some action in there. But the combobox doesnot seem to recieve the message (more precisely, the handler is never called).All this is in a classwizard generated MFC based Activex Control. Here is what I do: 1. In the main COleControl deri...

office service pack
Hi, I have installed Office X on my G4. Now I want to upgrade the installation as I want to hook up Entourage to Exchange. However, when I install the service packs (in order, coming up to v 10.1.5, I am asked to enter my serial # again. I do this but get a message that the serial # is not valid - what's going on, anyone have any ideas? Christoph In article <vttvq09t4upp63@corp.supernews.com>, "Christoph Lutz" <Christoph.Lutz@mycompany.com> wrote: > I have installed Office X on my G4. Now I want to upgrade the installation > as I want to hook up Entoura...

Microsoft dynamics doubts.
hi all , i am very new to Dynamics. I have few basic question regarding dynamics. 1. does Microsoft dynamics comes as a single application within which there are several other app like CRM , nav etc or we can install the app like nav or crm as a standalone software ? 2. i couldn't find trial software , are they available so that i can install on my local network. I would appreciate if somebody answer to my questions. -NK 1. You install MS CRM as a standalone application. 2. See the following link for trial software: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a...

Distribution List 12-30-09
I deleted a distribution list in error. Is there a way for me to restore it? Of course. Retrieve it from the Deleted Items Folder or your most recent backup file. -- Russ Valentine "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1886E81E-461E-4636-8116-568DE4221BC7@microsoft.com... >I deleted a distribution list in error. Is there a way for me to restore >it? ...

Error Microsoft VBScript (0x800A03EC)
Hello, I'm trying to export a chart build within a ASP page in VBScript. See the code : Set GR = CreateObject("MSGraph.application") GR.Visible = False .... .... GR.Chart.Export "c:\chart.gif" This code give me the Error : Microsoft VBScript (0x800A03EC) !!! Does anyone know wat is appening ? Thanks Philou ...