MFC types not visible in WATCH window while debugging

I have this problem (and had it before on different machines);
the MFC types are NOT VISIBLE in the WATCH window while debugging,
the same for MFC types in the locals window.
Watch DISPLAYS "Error: symbol "myMFCVar" not found"
Local DISPLAYS "Error: syntax error"

I recal it had to something to do with missing (?) files in the
MFC directory (?), so I REINSTALLED my Developer Studio.
It didn't help.

Does anybody recall what exactly is missing and
what I should copy from one of my collegues?

Thanks,
Joan
0
jbos (6)
11/20/2003 9:33:23 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This might be a long shot.

Do you have the solution configuration set to Release
instead of Debug? I noticed if you compile a Release
version and then start the debugger, it runs. You can set
stop points and everything. However, if you are looking
for the value of a variable, the debugger will give the
same error messages you mentioned.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/20/2003 9:58:27 AM
Whether the configuration is set to debug or release, the main points
are that you must enable debug information in the compiler and linker, and
disable optimization in the compiler.

JW

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085901c3af4c$d833e200$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> This might be a long shot.
>
> Do you have the solution configuration set to Release
> instead of Debug? I noticed if you compile a Release
> version and then start the debugger, it runs. You can set
> stop points and everything. However, if you are looking
> for the value of a variable, the debugger will give the
> same error messages you mentioned.

Disabling optimizations is not critical, but there ARE things that don't work in release
mode because the optimizations confuse the debugger.
				joe
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:01:24 -0500, "JayWay" <JoshHueh_SPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Whether the configuration is set to debug or release, the main points
>are that you must enable debug information in the compiler and linker, and
>disable optimization in the compiler.
>
>JW
>
>"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085901c3af4c$d833e200$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> This might be a long shot.
>>
>> Do you have the solution configuration set to Release
>> instead of Debug? I noticed if you compile a Release
>> version and then start the debugger, it runs. You can set
>> stop points and everything. However, if you are looking
>> for the value of a variable, the debugger will give the
>> same error messages you mentioned.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
11/21/2003 10:46:47 AM
I'm working in DEBUG mode.
Debug Information is Enabled.
Optimisation is DISabled.
It worked correctly until wednesday evening.
It no longer worked on thursday morning.
I hadn't changed any config settings.
Clean & Rebuild doesn't work either.

Joan

"JayWay" <JoshHueh_SPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<uma8tc3rDHA.3140@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Whether the configuration is set to debug or release, the main points
> are that you must enable debug information in the compiler and linker, and
> disable optimization in the compiler.
>
> JW
>
> "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085901c3af4c$d833e200$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > This might be a long shot.
> >
> > Do you have the solution configuration set to Release
> > instead of Debug?

0
jbos (6)

Turn Off Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Messenger starts up every time I access my Hotmail account. I have no use for Live Messenger and it's very annoying that it runs every time I check my email account. I have it configured so it does not load when I start Windows. How can I set Live Messenger so it only loads if and when I want to run the program? If you are referring to checking your email in Windows Live Mail (Desktop not Web version) then you would go to options then uncheck the box next to Automatically log on to Windows Live Messenger. If you already have it set not to run at startup t...

Good Way to Start MFC Programming
Hi there, I'm pretty new with MFC and I was wanting to start off my project on a good foot, so I was wondering if there are any good MFC books out there for beginner/intermediate MFC programmers. and preferably one that also teaches how to take advantage of Visual Studio's features. Any of you guys have some good recommendations? Thanks, Nick If you are using VS 2008 with the MFC Feature pack there is a new Scribble tutorial that is quite good that showcases the new controls. Lots of people recommend Jeff Prosise's book "Programming Windows With MFC" as wel...

Type mismatch error in Excel
Hello, I receive a type-mismatch error when compiling. The cells being referenced only have dates. Can someone help? Heres some of the code Application.Windows("rpt_BigTicket.xls").Activate a = Range("D:J") b = DateValue(Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy")) - Weekday(Now(), 1) c = Application.VLookup(b, a, 2, False) "This is where the ERROR-13 'Tpye Mismatch occurs' The default property for a range is the .Value property, so a = Range("D:J") is returning an array of values, not a range object. Try something like: Dim a As Range D...

Converting an MFC app from VS 6.0 to 2005
Hi, I'm just converting a VS 6.0 project to 2005. The project is compiled now but I had a problem with AfxGetThread() not working the same way on 2005. The MSDN documentation was very clear and I fixed it but ... What about other API's that have changed? Is there a list or a tool to find them and report any potential problems with the code? Otherwise I'll have to rely heavily on testing the entire app (which I've never used before!). Thanks. Peter "Peter Smithson" <Peter_Smithson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1160647234.909331.165340@i42g2000cwa.g...

Menu od child windows
Hi! Is it possible to put menu od child window when using MDI? "Jolpez" <jolpez@no.com> wrote in message news:hq2qcn$7ld$1@gregory.bnet.hr... > Is it possible to put menu od child window when using MDI? Yes, you can use the MdiWindowListItem property of the MenuStrip to set the ToolStripMenuItem that should display the list of child forms. "Jolpez" <jolpez@no.com> wrote in message news:hq2qcn$7ld$1@gregory.bnet.hr... > Is it possible to put menu od child window when using MDI? Please tell us which word you meant to type inste...

Two Onenote windows on startup (command line switch)
Hi, I have a dual monitor setup, one being a tablet PC, and wanted to get two Onenote windows ready upon startup: - A normal window, opening my last used file and without full screen - let's consider this one the standard launched window, so it's already there by adding onenote.exe to the startup group, so no issues here. - The second window I would like to be on the tablet, and I believe I could get that extra screen by adding a second shortcut with the /sidenote switch (or can I not? Haven't tried as it's not my ideal scenario), but I would ideally want it to open a new On...

Fiscal Periods Setup Window
Can someone tell me how to make the Fiscal Periods Setup window default to our current fiscal year when you open it. Our fiscal year ended on 8/29/2007 and when we open the window it is showing Fiscal Year 2007 not 2008. We have to change it each time. Thanks, ...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

Cant Type Message in Outlook
Some time I am able to type in outlook and other time it will not work. I dont know that is going on or if there is something that I do to bring it on. I was answering my email this morning and when I got to the last one i was not able to type. Every key stroke it would ding at me. It did this to me before and the problem just went away. I have tried to reboot my computer and that didnt work. I have no idea. Thank You Mark ...

How to display Cdialog-derived control in MFC extension DLL
Hi All, This post follows another post which I have posted before in another group without arriving at a suitable solution. The problem which I'm about to write about and for which I seek your help really has to do with something that I have experienced with respect to xll. Yet here I won't dexcribe the problem in terms of the original xll project that I built. Rather, I chose to create a mini-version of the that problem in terms of MFC extension dll --- that makes things simpler and devoid of all the "extra noise" accompanied when creating an xll project. Moreover, the o...

Adding Toronto Exchange to watch list
I've just re-installed Money 03 and now I need to add the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) to my "Investment Watch List". It's not listed in the list of exchanges. Can someone help? Thanks Is there anyone out there that can answer this for me??? Anyone??? On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:12:05 -0400, Steve P <Steve25261@comcast.net> wrote: >I've just re-installed Money 03 and now I need to add the Toronto >Stock Exchange (TSX) to my "Investment Watch List". It's not listed >in the list of exchanges. > >Can someone help? > >Thanks In ...

How to open new excel file in new window by default?
Hello, Could anyone help? How to open new excel file in new window by default? it opens in the last window on the screen as of now. Bests Jayesh When I open a workbook (or create a new workbook) it is opened in its own new window in addition to whatever I have open at the time. Each open workbook has its own window. You can select which workbook to work with in Excel 2007 by View/Switch Windows and selecting the workbook you want. I believe in Excel 2003, it is Window/List of Windows to do the same thing. You can also cycle through your currently open workbooks by pressing Ctrl+F6. ...

Excel won't let me uncheck Size with Window
I have tried both on the View menu and in Tools/Options/charts menu. I have also tried using VBA ActiveChart.SizeWithWindow = False but the property is still TRUE. Is there something other setting the forces this TRUE? Try installing a printer. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ EMosey wrote: > I have tried both on the View menu and in Tools/Options/charts menu. I have > also tried using VBA ActiveChart.SizeWithWindow = False but the property is > still TRUE. Is there somet...

User Activity window in GP 9
Hi! Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, Now found under Tools --> Utilities --> System Robert Marisol wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under > Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system > without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks ...

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...

DPM RC 2010 Agent Install on Windows Server 2008 R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a terminal server running Windows Server 2008 R2. If we install the agent manually, it installs fine and then gives this error when we try to attach it: 0x80004005 We removed all group policies from the server and turned off the firewall, but we still get this error. When I uninstalled the agent and tried to re-install through the console, this is what was in the error log: 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 agentcfg.cpp(475) [000000000076C200] NORMAL Cound not find configuration for DPMRA 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 run...

Suspicions about the MFC42.DLL included with Windows Server 2003 SP1
Hello, I have some questions about some things I just discovered about the MFC42.DLL that ships with Windows Server 2003 SP1. It appears that the DLL was built with newer code than the latest VC++ 6 service pack. I work on an application that uses Visual C++ 6.0 with SP6. Users were reporting problems using Server 2003, so I had to find the problem. I narrowed the problem down to the fact that in the MFC42.DLL found on Server 2003, the CRecentFileList::Add() function can throw an exception while other versions of MFC42.DLL do not. When left unhandled, the user gets a message box stating &qu...

Re Installing Windows Defender
Hi! I am trying to re install Windows Defender But each time I try to I get a message saying "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove same an run installer again" I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found How do I install Windows Defender ThanX Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) Read about it at MS. "Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:2-a...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

Type mismatch 04-02-10
Can anyone help? I am getting "Type mismatch (error 13)" when I try to call a method. The method is on a class module. The call is from a userform sub. The call: Dim DataSource as Leaf ... Set DataSource = new Leaf .... various properties of DataSource are used successfully ... .... then the problem call ... DataSource.Insert 1,"^" <<. msg occurs trying to execute this line .... The method: In class module "Leaf" ... Public Sub Insert (ipOrdinal, ipSubValue) Dim Ordinal Dim SubValue .... various statements .... call to another met...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

tile window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) does anyone know how to tile microsoft word windows vertically on an osx The closest you will come is Word>Window>Arrange All. Then fiddle them manually. Otherwise, you need an AppleScript: http://www.macosxhints.com/comment.php?mode=view&cid=96187 Or a utility: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/windowtiles.html Cheers On 23/05/10 10:15 AM, in article 59bb8dd9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "aprilgsims@officeformac.com" <aprilgsims@officeformac.com> wrote: &...

Data type enforcement error
Hello everybody! I have an access database (obviously!) and I have the following problem: data doesn't seem to be stored in the tables according to the datatype that I have declared in the table's data type definition. Let's say I have a table A with a field B that has the following properties: Data Type: Number Field size: Single Format: Euro Decimal places: 2 If I store the value "48.35" for example, and I try later to edit that record, the value that appears to the screen is "48.35 E" (where E is the Euro sign), but when I click to the textbox to edit tha...

Standard DLL link to MFC lib
Hello. We had a standard (NON-MFC) DLL that exported two worker functions. This DLL had to be modified to use a MFC DLL (to link to a MFC LIB) that exported a class CMFCClass1. That means: the class header *must* be included into some CPP file and, since the CMFCClass1 uses MFC objects (CString, CFIle, etc.) afx headers must be included also. I managed to include the header files in the right order (if you don't include the MyClass.h header first - afx tells me that windows.h is already included). I set the projetc's options to "Use MFC in a shared DLL". _The problem...

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...