MFC Table control or similar control

Hi,

I have a MFC dialog database application that returns data which i then put
into an excel spreadsheet and display onscreen.

Due to license issues i would like to write the data to a user defined
control. I would like this control to have a similar tabular look like the
excel spreadsheet. It should also have the option on control to print out
what data is in the control. I would also like to be able to put a bitmap on
the control (Showing a logo).

Can anyone give me advice on how what control(s) i should use to accomplish
this?

Thanks In Advance
Macca
0
macca (52)
2/16/2005 9:49:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could buy a third party control from Dundas etc. If you are looking
for a free one, look at the Chris Maunder's grid at codeproject:

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp

-----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

SCroll bar on a static control
hi friends ,i m drawing image when i m calling this function ...now i have to need a srollbar on where i m drawing the image in a static text control (m_ImageRect).. some one can plz help me i will appriceate ................ void CThumbnailDlg::DrawSelectedImage() { CDib dib; CFile ImgFile; CString strPath; RECT DesRect, SrcRect; strPath=pArray->GetAt(m_nSelectedItem); // read the image file ImgFile.Open(strPath, CFile::modeRead); dib.Read(ImgFile); ImgFile.Close(); SrcRect.left = 0; SrcRect.top = 0; SrcRect.right = dib.m_pBMI->bmiHeader.biWidth;...

Remote desktop ActiveX control will not download
We have a number of machines using RWW which work fine. Problem is one particular laptop on which the RDP ActiveX control seems to have disappeared and will not download again! User gets message that ActiveX is not downloaded but no security bar is present to allow them to click on 'Install ActiveX control'. I have also just found the same thing with one of our local workstations which I have tested. Is there something on the Server preventing this ActiveX from downloading? It is still working fine from a number of other machines. Problem I have is that this lap...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

Calculated Control Refers to Multiple Reports
I have five reports, which for formatting reasons cannot be combined into one. They all open automatically with one command and need to be paginated as if they are one report. The number of pages for each report will differ depending on the data entered for each record. Pagination for each report sums the total number of pages ([Pages]) for the previous reports. The calculated control in the reports looks like this: report name: Report 2 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1]![Pages]+1 report name: Report 3 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1...

What is MFC's future
Hi I come from a C# background where all our applications are managed, but now I want to write an unmanaged application to take advantage of appliction speed and better IP security by being able to compile the application down to machine code. (Unmanaged code is just so easy to reverse engineer using tools like Lutze Reflector, that its almost like being given to code, even when obfuscated). I've started looking at using MFC to write unmanaged code, but I was curious about the future direction of MFC, especially in the light of new technologies in Vista, XAML, and specifically WP...

My ActiveX control, drawing its child controls etc.
Hello, I have written an ActiveX control losely based of the instructions on this guys website: http://www.murrayc.com/learning/windows/createactivex.shtml Now my control has two sub controls on it. On the left theres a TreeCtrl, and on the right is a GridCtrl (this is the free MFC CGridCtrl available on the Code Projects and Code Guru websites) There is no dialog resource that I painted the controls on, they are created dynamically, as in the URL example I pasted in above. The IDs for the 2 controls were therefore manually included in resource.h The idea is that there is really a lot of ...

Users accessing same table
I have an Access 2003 database on a small network (server + 4 pc's) with the database split and each PC having its own front end. Recently the users have reported not being able to access the same form at the same time, they have to wait until the other user has finished and closed it before accessing it. Any suggestions regarding this problem? What error message are they getting? They should have no issue opening the same form, but there could be a lock conflict if they try to access the same record at the same time. Please post some more information (the exact error) s...

Anchor clipart in a powerpoint table
How do I anchor clip art or inserted pictures into a cell in a Powerpoint table. We have different team logos 'on' a table to show roles and responsibility, I need to be able to get the logos 'in' the cells so they move relative to the table as it is edited. Regards There's no simple way to do this. There's a possible work around here: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/PowerPoint_Tables_Picture.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "iwaddo&...

Best way to change style of a table
I have a table I added via VBA like this: set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTable(...) I then add some cells to it by: oTable.Cell(...).Shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" However, I cannot get a handle on these cells to update the font, fill, etc. What is the best way to do this? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:01:01 -0500, Clifton Ivey <clifton ivey <"africom.mil>"> wrote: > I have a table I added via VBA like this: > > set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTa...

Activating ActiveSync under control
Hi all, just to avoid to leave free access to the storage area of the board, is it possible to run ActiveSync support under some restricted situations? Example: normal start of the board -> ActiveSync not activated Start with a key pressed -> ActiveSync activated .... or something similar How can i do it? In the board i have a C startup application that could do that ... -- SteM Yes. You will need to disable starting of Repllog.exe in the database. Then just run repllog.exe when you need to connect. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurote...

Pivot Table Sort 03-05-10
Hi I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? Hi You will need to drag your 3rd Field to the 1st position in the row Area of the PT. -- Regards Roger Govier jen2018 wrote: > Hi > > I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first > column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? ...

multiple images in list control #2
Hi, I need to insert individual images for individual columns in a list control. How to go about this ? Thank you. ...

A bug in GUI of creating query with more outer joins between two tables
Hello, in GUI of Access 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6521.5000) is generally very simple to make a select query between two tables joined with two or more outer joins (of the same kind normally). But you should be careful. If you build first join clicking on a field of the first table, drag then the connection to the field of the second table and choose the right outer join, then you have to make the next outer join between the same two tables on the same way. If you begin but with the second table first and although you choose the same type of outer join (the arrow...

Invalid partition table
I have a Toshiba Laptop which came pre-installed with Vista home. Lately, I have received an Invalid Partition Table on bootup. I tried using the recovery disk with the OS on it as a boot disk but it doesn't seem to be working even when I tell the bios to boot from CD/DVD. Any suggestions on how I can create a boot disk and have the computer "see" it upon startup? Thanks so much!! Sandy -- regnells Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com If it is still under warrantee, take it back to the store for a refund or another that works. "regnells&quo...

Pivot Table
I have a list in a file name abc.xls. I have defined the list with a name say XYZ. I have another file Summary.xls with a pivot table that I'm using to give me a summary of that list. The 'XYZ' which is the defined name of the actual list in abc.xls file works when both the files are open. When I open the Summary.xls file, first message says "Reference is not valid" and second message says "Cannot find "abc.xls file". If I first open the abc.xls file and then the summary.xls, then it works and not viceversa. Please update. Thx. As answered in microsof...

Pivot Table Grand Total Placement
Does anybody know if it is possible to get Grand Totals on a pivot table to appear at the top of the pivot tables columns rather than the bottom (not subtotals, I know you can do that)? I can't find anything that says it is possible with Grand Totals so I figure I would ask the forum. Thanks, Bill Horton No, the column grand totals can't be moved from the bottom of the pivot table, and row grand totals can't be moved from the right. William Horton wrote: > Does anybody know if it is possible to get Grand Totals on a pivot table to > appear at the top of the pivot tab...

Odd behavior, vector member, MFC and consol app
XMLNODESET set= xml.GetNodeSet( _T("//Region") ); Where XMLNODESET has a std::vector member. The copy constructor was left as default. This is where it gets weird for me. Today I used it for the first time in a console app and it does a copy, (the vectors are pointers and the pointers are valid), but the memory doesn't get allocated properly in the copied vector. I get a: HEAP[version2_2.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 00D20000, 00D31270 ) When the vector goes out of scope (_Tidy to deallocate(pointer _Ptr, size_type) ) Yet it works fine, in seve...

Help with unusual table problem
I would like to be able to add additional data to a table of approx. 2 rows and 4 columns. I would also like the newest data to be on to while the remaining 19 lines all shift one row down and the leas current row of data to drop off. I hope this explains my problem. Thanks, Howd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not sure if you might have missed my suggestion to your earlier post yesterday in microsoft.public.excel. ( http://tinyurl.com/239sq ) Based on your "revised" specs in this post: Let's say your table is in Sheet1 in A1:D20 [assume an initial tab...

Using formulas to modify pivot table values
Is there a way to modify the output of the data in the body of a pivot table to be included in a calculaton. Of course this can be done post pivot table creation but I would like to do it in one go. I need to divide all the counted values in the body of the pivot table by a cell value, which is different for each row of the pivot table. Help would be much appreciated. --- Chris I don't think so. Maybe you could add an extra column and do your calculation against that (and include it in the pivottable). Or copy the pivottable and convert to values and do what you want. geechr wro...

Problems with Controls Embedded in Worksheet
When I embed a control (eg Command Button) in a worksheet (even on a totally blank workbook), it drastically slows down the time taken to execute commands such as print, print preview, file close. As soon as I embed a contol (which in itself has become slow), and then for example select print preview of a range (including a range that does not include the embedded control), the print preview page takes approx 15 seconds to appear and the same delay will occur when closing the preview page. The execution of macros associated to the embedded control appears unaffected. thanks for any help Chri...

two tables with same field names
I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries on corporate's systems. The field names are always the same, and there lies my problem. I need to measure the change in promise dates weekly to the order line level. For example, I need to pull last monday's promise date minus this monday's promise date to get the change in number of days. Post your table structure so a query can be assembled. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "deb" wrote: > I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries > o...

sort/extract strings with similar format
I have a download of bank statements. The description column contains firms reference number which is in the following format 1numeric,1alpha, 5numeric eg. 9z99999, 1f12345. The problem is that the description column would read: deposit cape town 9z99999 CAMS payment 1f12345 5j54321 Payment form john D 3a98765 Is there any way I can sort or extract the firm number to a seperat column if it is not always in the same place in every row? They are i the same column! I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me solve this +--------------------------------------------------...

importing leads, branches defined but won't show in the conversion table
Hi all, I'm trying to import loads of leads but am having some difficulty getting all the information in CRM 1.2 that I want. We wish to import a branch discription ("industrycode" ? / we use the Dutch version) but if I add values to this record they don't show up when I use the lead-import wizard. I can only select the original values that where there from the get go. Anyone any Ideas?? rgds Patrick you need to publish your changes through deployment manager and then do an IISRESET to restart the web server service "Haas" <p.haasewinkel@ecostar.nl> w...

Lookup value on a table??
I have the following table below. If I place in cell "A100" the figure -7 and in cell "A101" the figure -975. What formula do I need to put in cell "102" the result, in this case it would be 787. Also on column "A" if the figure is between two (ie -960) it should use the row with the highier value, in this case the result would still be 787. A B C D E F 1 -10 -9 -8 -7 -6 2 -1000 790 790 788 786 784 3 -975 791 791 789 787 785 4 -950 791 791 789 787 785 5 -925 79...

Inserting data into denormalized table
Hi, I need to insert data from a normalized table into a denormalized one and wondered if there's a way to do it in the SELECT statement instead of using a cursor (the way I'd normally do it)? Table1 structured as: STUDENTID int GUARDIANID int FIRSTNAME varchar(20) LASTNAME varchar(40) RELATION varchar (30) This table currently holds multiple rows for each student id where each row is a unique person that is a guardian of that student. I need to move that data into the following structure: STUDENTID int GUARDIAN1NAME varchar(50) GUARDIAN1RELATION varchar(...