MFC/SDI How to access view's function from mainframe

Hi,

This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
dont figure out how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

try:
AfxGetMainWnd()->GetActiveView()->Func();

Does that work?
--
Regards,
Goldbach

"BloodHo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
> mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
> access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
> everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
> user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
> OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
> the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
> mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
> to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
> dont figure out how to do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

0
Goldbach (11)
5/29/2007 10:40:00 AM
Thanks for the fast reply!

But AfxGetMainWnd doesn't have GetActiveView, only GetActiveWindow.
There is AfxGetMainWnd()->GetParentFrame()->GetActiveView() thought
but it can't see any of my functions or variables i declared in my
DB_TestView.h

Hi,

"Goldbach" wrote:

> try:
> AfxGetMainWnd()->GetActiveView()->Func();
>
> Does that work?
> --
> Regards,
> Goldbach

:)
Would work if properly casted;

CFrameWnd *pFrame = static_cast<CFrameWnd *> (AfxGetMainWnd());
CMyView *pView = static_cast<CMyView *> (pFrame->GetActiveView());
ASSERT(pView != NULL); // SDI should have one

--
======
Arman

0
armancho_x1 (249)
5/29/2007 11:10:00 AM

"BloodHo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
> mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
> access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
> everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
> user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
> OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
> the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
> mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
> to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
> dont figure out how to do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

Well, CFrameWnd has GetActiveView function and thus you can access the view
inside a CMainFrame [inherits from CFrameWnd] function via this code;

CMyView *pView = static_cast<CMyView *> (GetActiveView());
ASSERT(pView != NULL); // SDI should have one

Even you might not have to go to the frame class but do the job inside the
view itself. If your code [when closing the app] has nothing special to do
with the frame window, you could put the desired code inside the view's
WM_DESTROY message handler. So no need to get the view in this case [you are
already inside it].

--
======
Arman

Thanks a lot!

The prolbem is that you should not be asking this question.  Why would the mainframe need
to know anything about the details of the view?  Instead, GetCurrentView and send a
user-defined message that tells it that the view is shutting down, and let it clean up
whatever it needs to clean up, none of which is any business of the main frame.
					joe

On 29 May 2007 02:58:17 -0700, BloodHo <gravenna666@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
>mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
>access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
>everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
>user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
>OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
>the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
>mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
>to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
>dont figure out how to do it.
>
>Any help would be appreciated!
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
5/29/2007 2:46:29 PM
I would think the view would be more closely associated with the document
and you'd use the UpdateAllViews() mechanism to communicate with it.  You
could use GetActiveView(), but if you want to use anything beyond the base
view functions you'd have to cast the result.

Tom

"BloodHo" <gravenna666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
> mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
> access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
> everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
> user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
> OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
> the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
> mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
> to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
> dont figure out how to do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/29/2007 3:27:38 PM
Why isn't the View or Document's destructor doing the clean up?
Who ever id doing the initializing (View or the Doc, or the Frame) should be
doing the cleanup.  If the view is the one doing the initializing of the
recordset in his constructor then he should clean it up in his destructor or
his WM_CLOSE handler.

AliR.

"BloodHo" <gravenna666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
> mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
> access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
> everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
> user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
> OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
> the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
> mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
> to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
> dont figure out how to do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

0
AliR3470 (3236)
5/29/2007 6:46:21 PM
For that matter, you should consider doing it in the OnDestroy handler of the view; this
eliminates the mainframe entirely from the picture.
				joe

On Tue, 29 May 2007 10:46:29 -0400, Joseph M. Newcomer <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote:

>The prolbem is that you should not be asking this question.  Why would the mainframe need
>to know anything about the details of the view?  Instead, GetCurrentView and send a
>user-defined message that tells it that the view is shutting down, and let it clean up
>whatever it needs to clean up, none of which is any business of the main frame.
>					joe
>
>On 29 May 2007 02:58:17 -0700, BloodHo <gravenna666@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
>>mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
>>access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
>>everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
>>user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
>>OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
>>the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
>>mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
>>to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
>>dont figure out how to do it.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated!
>Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>email: newcomer@flounder.com
>Web: http://www.flounder.com
>MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
5/29/2007 7:28:42 PM
YOu should not close SQL connections in the view. Do it either in App's
exitinstance or in mainframe's OnClose.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"BloodHo" <gravenna666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
> mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
> access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
> everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
> user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
> OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
> the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
> mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
> to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
> dont figure out how to do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/30/2007 5:19:05 AM
Then in that case he should open the database form the mainframe also.

AliR.

> YOu should not close SQL connections in the view. Do it either in App's
> exitinstance or in mainframe's OnClose.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "BloodHo" <gravenna666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is my first time doing SDI applications so this doc/view/
>> mainframe thing is pretty new to me. Now i'm doing a program where i
>> access to sql database thru ODBC and put data into recordset and
>> everything works fine. However now i need to close that recordset when
>> user quits the program. What i understood that the mainframes
>> OnClose()-function is the one that handles quitting from File/Quit and
>> the X-button, so i need to access to the Views recordset from the
>> mainframes OnClose()-function. And there is other cleanup jobs i need
>> to do when quitting so accessing to View would be good. But i just
>> dont figure out how to do it.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated!

0
AliR3470 (3236)
5/30/2007 3:20:48 PM
On May 30, 11:20 am, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote:
> Then in that case he should open the database form the mainframe also.

Or in InitInstance of the app, where I would likely do this.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/30/2007 3:57:20 PM
Do what? we don't really know what it is that he is doing, and what it is
that he want's to clean up.

All we know is that whatever he wants to clean up is in the View, and he
want's to access directly it from the frame (which is a no no), but we don't
know what it is exactly that he is doing.  Cleanup job is a very broad
statement.

AliR.

> On May 30, 11:20 am, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote:
>> Then in that case he should open the database form the mainframe also.
>>

> Or in InitInstance of the app, where I would likely do this.
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
AliR3470 (3236)
5/30/2007 4:42:13 PM
On May 30, 12:42 pm, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote:
> Do what?

Open the DB as you had mentioned:

> >> Then in that case he should open the database form the mainframe also.
>
> > Or in InitInstance of the app, where I would likely do this.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/30/2007 5:14:13 PM
My bad, I shouldn't have used the word open.  I should have said the
opposite of clean up :)

AliR.

> On May 30, 12:42 pm, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote:
>> Do what?
>
> Open the DB as you had mentioned:

>> > Or in InitInstance of the app, where I would likely do this.
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
AliR3470 (3236)
5/30/2007 6:32:15 PM
On May 30, 2:32 pm, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote:
> My bad, I shouldn't have used the word open.  I should have said the
> opposite of clean up :)

I think you need to be initialized.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/30/2007 7:30:00 PM
Interesting point.  I would have thought that closing the document would be the place to
close a connection, because the connection would most likely be associated with a document
than with the application.  e.g., FIle>New would seem unlikely to want to use the same
connection as the previous document.
					joe

On Wed, 30 May 2007 01:19:05 -0400, "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote:

>YOu should not close SQL connections in the view. Do it either in App's
>exitinstance or in mainframe's OnClose.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
5/31/2007 2:30:38 AM
On May 30, 10:30 pm, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
> Interesting point.  I would have thought that closing the document would be the place to
> close a connection, because the connection would most likely be associated with a document
> than with the application.  e.g., FIle>New would seem unlikely to want to use the same
> connection as the previous document.

That is useful as well. Typically though, the DB is the same for any
document, so it may be more effective to do it once in app. This also
lets the app decide that if connection doesnt exist, to let the user
know and exit rather than wait for doc to be opened.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/31/2007 11:44:14 AM
Essentially, the DB would be opened in the appropriate start place and closed in the
corresponding end place.  If opened in InitInstance, it would be closed in ExitInstance.
If it was opened in the mainframe, it would be closed in someplace like the OnDestroy
handler.  If in the view, in the view's OnDestroy.  If in OnNewDocument, then in
OnCloseDocument.
				joe

On 31 May 2007 04:44:14 -0700, Ajay Kalra <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On May 30, 10:30 pm, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
>> Interesting point.  I would have thought that closing the document would be the place to
>> close a connection, because the connection would most likely be associated with a document
>> than with the application.  e.g., FIle>New would seem unlikely to want to use the same
>> connection as the previous document.
>
>That is useful as well. Typically though, the DB is the same for any
>document, so it may be more effective to do it once in app. This also
>lets the app decide that if connection doesnt exist, to let the user
>know and exit rather than wait for doc to be opened.
>
>---
>Ajay

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
5/31/2007 2:04:47 PM
Yeah that's the word I was looking for, initialize.  ;)

AliR.

> On May 30, 2:32 pm, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote:
>> My bad, I shouldn't have used the word open.  I should have said the
>> opposite of clean up :)
>
> I think you need to be initialized.
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
AliR3470 (3236)

CRM Prompts for Login When Viewing Cases
When I use the CRM, all the features are working fine except when I go to my Service section and try to open a case. Even though I am already logged in, when I open a case for the first time in the morning, or after I idle out for a bit, it asks me to enter my user name and password again. Does anyone know what may be causing this, or a simple way to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Has anyone else experienced this issue with the login prompt appearing when they navigate to certain sections of the CRM? I've tried disabling a few of my customizations to that form, b...

Outlook 97 view html
Virtually all the e-mail messages I'm receiving come over as html attachments, and I have to click on them to open. This was not the case in Outlook Express. How do I "view html" or whatever else I need to do to simply view the message? You cannot in Outlook 97 as it predated HTML. "Debi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ce301c45d15$20492f20$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Virtually all the e-mail messages I'm receiving come over > as html attachments, and I have to click on them to open. > This was not the case in Outlook Expre...

Excel Basic function #3
Domenic Sorry but when i use the formula for numbers it works but when i compares text in the first array it shows an error, any ideas? Thanks for any hel -- Lesoth ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lesotho's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1582 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27315 Lesotho Wrote: > Domenic > > Sorry but when i use the formula for numbers it works but when i > compares text in the first array it shows an error, any ideas? > > Thanks f...

Disabling the View code option
How to disable the view code option for the worksheets . This is to prevent the user of the workbook from seeing the code. I know that a password can be kept , but disabling it seems to be a better option. Your comments/ suggestion are welcome... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If it is the formulae contained in the cells of your worksheet that you want hidden then you need to select the cells concerned and then using <Format><Cells> select the Protection tab and ensure that the Locked and Hidden boxes both have ticks in them. You then pasword lock the shee...

Reset to default font for both Excel and Access 2000
I am using Office 2000.Recently, someone has changed the default font for Excel to Times New Roman and Size 12. And I just discover that it also affect Access 2000.I just wonder is there any easy way to reset the font to default for both Excel and Access (I cannot recall what is the default font and size) ?Besides, I would like to know why the change in Excel also affect that in Access ?Thanks Hi Peter Right click on the desktop Select appearance Select advanced Select area Select fonts -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Peter" wrote: > I am using Office 2000. > > Rec...

Access 97 Databases are Automatically Converted to Access 2002
Our Group Policy was set per KB Article 290291 with "Do not prompt to convert older databases" with the setting "Enabled" and "enforced on". The article states that with this setting, the user would not get the dialog box and Access 97 databases would not be converted automatically to Access 2002. Since this setting was applied to the desktops through the GPO, users don't get the dialog box, but their databases are getting converted automatically to Access 2002 without the user doing anything. We are considering changing the Group Policy setting to ...

datas ms access to excel
Hallo, I have a certain amount of datas, which I put into MS Access. A part o those datas should now AUTOMATICALLY forwarded (duplicated) to excel. IE: In Access there is a row called item, the next is item number. Whe I put those subjects into Access -the same rows are in Excel- shoul duplicate it to Excel (item, item number). What is the most convenient way to do this? BTW I use MS Office 97. Cheers Juerge -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have 2 basic alternatives :- In Access - File/Save As .. Export. In Excel - Data/Get External Dat -- Message posted from http...

Bookmarks supported in both Outlook Web Access?
Hi. Is it possible to set up bookmarks (internal hyperlinks) within the body of an email so that they work with Outlook Web Access? I've only been able to get the bookmarks to work with the full version of Outlook, not the web access version. Thanks! It depends on how the server is configured or if the file is on a server that is accessible outside the network. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.o...

Appending to Sharepoint List From Access
Hey guys, I have 2 lists each on their own Sharepoint Site. I have them both linked to my Access Frontend. They both have the same permissions. I'm able to write an append query to one of the lists but not the other. What happens is when I go to select 'Append Query' from the tool bar, the name of the linked sharepoint list is not an option in the "Append To" drop down menu. Does anyone know what the culprit could be and sorry if I didn't write this in the correct forum. ...

Unable to access any Outlook info offline
My company recently switched from Lotus Notes to Outllok through Microsoft Exchange server. I am able to access all of my Outlook files online, but if I attempt to do so offline, I get a message: "unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The information store could not be opened." Can anyone suggest a simple fix for this? Thanks, Bill Was the profile setup for offline storage? (Assuming that you are running Outlook 97 or Outlook 98/2000 Corporate/Workgroup, see Tools | Services | Highlight Microsoft Exchange | Properties...

search function in outlook
We have MS Exchange running and we have contacts in our personal Outlook and also in a public folder for contacts. If we use the search 'window' in Outlook it only searches on our personal contacts. How do I get it to search the public folders also. Hi, David - I replied in another group - if you need to post to multiple groups, it's best to do so all at once in a single message (separate the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-) Crossposting = posting once to several newsgroups within a single message. This is not a Bad Thing (presuming ...

Windows media player music export into access database
Hi there,I have downloaded a plug-in for windows media player from Microsiftwhich allows me to export my music library to a text file which I canthen import into access. What I would like to do is generate a reportthat lists all the Albums I have grouped under the Artist heading. Theproblem that I have is that the album appears as many times in myreport under the Artist heading as there are tracks on the album. Thisis as there is a record for each track and therefore it shoes multipletimes in the report. Please can anybody tell me if there is a way thatI can get the Album name just to show onc...

Access 2007
In Access 2003 I can see the property sheet for a form whether the form is in design or form view. It's handy to have a form open and refer to field names or control sources while designing a new form or report. You can see the property info by clicking on any field on the form. However I am now using Access 2007. I can see the property sheet while I am designing my report, but as soon as I switch over to the form the property sheet disappears for the form. Is there a way to show the property sheet for a form while it is open in form view? Mich ...

Average function for letters
I am trying to compute a percentage for a range of A4:A24; the only values in the cells are either an "X" or it is left blank. If possible, I am trying to compute the percentage of the whole A4:A24 range where the "X"s will count as a yes and the blank field will count as a no, adding up all the X's (yes's) and counting them against the blank fields (no's) to get an percentage of how many X's there are compared to blanks Can anyone help please, Ive searched tutorials but im not sure this is possible Thanks EB -- ZWarren "ZWarren" <ZWar...

SQL Server vs Access for back ends
Hi Is it better to use SQL Server for my back end database, than to use Access? Yours, Stapes Stapes wrote: > Hi > > Is it better to use SQL Server for my back end database, than to use > Access? Define "better" and someone could answer the question. If you need the security, scalability, conciurrency, 24/7 operation, and other advantages that SQL Server provides then obviously using SQL Server would be "better" then using an MDB file. If you don't need those things then we still need to know more information. For example, if your organization alr...

Need help converting from Paradox to Access
I have files that end in .db, .px. y0? and x0?. The client requires me to import them into access. I do not own any copy of Paradox. When I try to open the .db file in Access I get the following message on several of the files. External table is not in expected format. Any suggestions as to what I can do? As a general rule you can't open dbase, or text files, or any other kind of document in ms-access. However...you can certainly as a general rule import data. Not sure what version of ms-access you are talking about..but if you create a blank mdb..you can then go: file->get ...

Shop Product ?Search form/query Access
I have a form that is based on a query that shows all the products i sell, onthe form i have a search text feild, so i can type in the product then click a button that requerys and only displays the products with that text in, this works fine, but i the form takes a long time to load the first time, is there a way i can have it the form loads with no data then i type in product name then when i clcik the button it loads the data/query. Just looking at ways to speed it up Put the first search field on a separate form where the 'after update' event for the search field opens...

Excel Send To function problem
Hi!; I have one question regarding Excel send to function. When I want to send excel information through from email and click the send to menu that build in the excel, the default email editor is MS outlook. In case of I don't want MS outlook as default email editor and I want choose other email editor like Outlook express to do the job. How do I change the setting? Thanks & Regards Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs>Email. Pick OE from the drop-down list. Close Excel and re-start. Note: Outlook and Outlook Express are email clients, not editors. Gord Dibben ...

Unable to convert Macros from Access 95 to 2000
Hi, I am trying to convert an old Access 95 application to Access 2000 at my work place. We do not know the original author and hence the original .mdw file asociated with the aplication. I created a blank mdb in Access 2000 and imported all the objects except the Macros. The security on the Macros is Open/Run permission only on the original Access 95 mdb. I am not able to read the Macros and that is all I need ! I even tried to unsecure the DB (Access 95 mdb) but in vain... Is there any short cut methods ? Any help/pointers is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your assistance ...

CStdioFile, MFC dialog, and a command window
I have a traditional MFC dialog-based app that I'm trying to adapt to run from the command line. Running it is no problem, of course; neither is parsing command line arguments and acting on them. The problem is a requirement that the program output a text line to stdout. To test it, I'm executing the program from a command window. I'm under the impression that any output I send to stdout should appear within that command window; is that correct? I'm attempting to use CStdioFile to output the text string; it seems as if it should be pretty straightforward, yet no output a...

Excel search function #2
Hi All, Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in cell. Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero digit in the string of A1. Thanks, Thyag. Try: =FIND("0",A1) If the strig of values have a zero this formula will return the position inside the cell, if the strig does not have any zeroes, the formula will return an error. Is this what you want? "Thyag" <thyagaraj.shetty@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186758214.992333.261490@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > Is there a...

Opportunity Associated View
The default view for the Oportunity Associated View (aka Grid) is filtered by "Open" Opportunities. Not what my boss wants. He wants to see "All" Opportunities. I explored customizations but did not find anyway to change. Can it be changed? Thanks, Jim Hi, You can add or remove columns, change the order by column but you cannot change the filter criteria of "Asssociated View" in supported way. PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. -- take care, uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com ...

View of x-axis values
In logarithmic x-axis, values of x-axis (e.g: 2 to 2500) are converted to 10, 100, 1000. But I want to see the original values -not log of that values and to adjust maximum and minimum of x-axis per that values -not log of that values. Thanks. In addition: These values are not log of my values. Graph is true but values at x-axis are wrong! "AhmtDY" wrote: > In logarithmic x-axis, values of x-axis (e.g: 2 to 2500) are converted to 10, > 100, 1000. > But I want to see the original values -not log of that values and to adjust > maximum and minimum of x-axis per that ...

Using WindowsForms PropertyGrid in MFC
Hi , I am not sure if this is the right place. I did everything as in this link : http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/archive/2005/03/19/46065.aspx So I succesfully created a managed property grid in my native MFC application. But when I run my application , I get an assertion in "...\atlmfc\src\mfc\occont.cpp" Line : 950 ASSERT(IsWindow(pTemp->m_hWnd)); When I comment the line ( and also other lines under it ) myPropertyGrid.CreateManagedControl( WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD, rect, this, IDC_STATIC_HOLDER ); assertion disappears but ofcourse property grid disappears at the s...

Printers missing in Access under TS
This applies to just one user in her Terminal Services Session on Server 2003. She has a choice of 3 different Laser printers in her printer list. MS Access 2003. Open existing databases (in Access 2000 file format) and zero printers are available. No databases in 2003 format. Forms and tables are viewable but not reports. I am not sure if this is a TS problem or Access problem? How do I determine which? No other users have the problem. TIA -- Len ______________________________________________________ Hi Len, Not sure if this will help--I don't know much about Terminal Serv...