MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)

I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some
configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to
the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The
application works fine under different users.

Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the
IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server.
For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP
code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user
everything is going well. But if the app is started as embedded server via
ASP it seems that the app cannot read the registry settings. I logged the
user to a file and it seems that the used user is correct.  But if I use
GetProfileString or GetProfoleInt I didn't get any data from the registry.

* How can I save the app settings with MFCs SetRegistryKey() independent
from the user?
* Which access/security settings do I need that the app started as embedded
app has access to the users or global registry settings?

It seems the the app uses the wrong registry section or there are some
access right problems. Do you have any idea?

Roland

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Access 2010 Forms
Is there a way to directly convert a 2007 form into a 2010 web form that can be published to SharePoint 2010? Alternatively, is there a way to programatically create a 2010 web form? Thanks, Richard Remember that this is still beta and all the advice given is subject to change... In 2010 you can open your 2007 db and then choose to publish it to the web. However first step will be (must be) compatibility check for the web. At that point you will see that despite the good intentions there has to be some tweaking done to the tables before it's actually published... ...

Access denied to OWA after migration
We recently migrated from nt4 domain to AD and also from Exch 5.5 to 2003. I had the OWA working fine and some of the users are still able to access OWA. The others are getting access denied even when their attributes say they have access. is there anything special I should look for? Or is there something I need to do besides blowing away the Exchange properties and rebuilding?? Thanks, Rob Can you describe your environment a little more? Single E2k3 server, or front-end server as well? Also, what exactly is happening? Are they getting prompted for credentials 3 times and then denied? --...

Lost IE 8 - No access to internet with IE 7.0
Weird happening to my wife's computer. Earlier I had updated Java. Now, my Outlook 2003 works fine, and I am getting messages, so I am indeedd accessng the Internet. However, when I open my IE 7.0, it shows a URL, but nothing on the screen nor toolbars. I looked at programs/explorer/and found iexplore.exe. I click iexplore.exe and nothing happens. Any suggestions to how I can get my IE 7.0 browser to access the Internet? Steve Shall we guess your Windows version or...? Steve wrote: > Weird happening to my wife's computer. > > Earlier I h...

Forwarding outgoing email to Spam/Virus server.
I'm having some trouble configuring outgoing email to forward correctly. Current config: 4 active/2 passive Exchange cluster (mailboxes). 2 front-end Exchange NLB servers used for OWA. 1 smtp gateway server, NEWSMTPGW (New GW, incoming and outgoing). 2 smtp gateway server, OLDSMTPGW01 and OLDSMTPGW02 (Current GWs, incoming only). I want to eliminate the 2 OLDSMTPGW servers and use the NEWSMTPGW server. During my testing, on one of the Exchange mailbox servers in the cluster, I change the smart host on the Virtual SMTP server from <blank> to the IP address of the NEWSMTPGW serve...

requesting data from exchange server #2
I have this user that is having severe problems with outlok 2003 in which she clicks on address book and the whole thing freezes and says requesting data from exchange server. outlook is completely frozen. any idea why? other users are not reporting this issue nobody <nobody@nobody.com> wrote: > I have this user that is having severe problems with outlok 2003 in > which she clicks on address book and the whole thing freezes and says > requesting data from exchange server. > outlook is completely frozen. any idea why? other users are not > reporting this issue Call...

STREAM SOCKET checksum error with no returned errors on Server OR Client
Problem: A stream based socket being used to send binary data fails to deliver correct data for the 45th buffer transmitted whose size is 4092 characters. Possibly relevant Details: 0) A semaphore is used on the transmitting side to ensure that only one thread gains access to the open socket. (There are two windows messages that can generate calls to send(), and recv() in this application, but it doesn't appear that they run simultaneously anyway, so the semaphore may be overkill). 1) wsaData.iMaxUdpDg = 65467 (as returned by WSAStartup() ) Not that it should matter...

Access will report error and shutdown when attempting to view a re
Cannot view a record in database. receive faulting application msaccess.exe, faulting module vbe6.dll in application event viewer. Source: Microsoft Office 11, Event ID: 1000. PC is Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 and latest service packs. Rocks <Rocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cannot view a record in database. Is this one particular record? Using a form or table or query view? If a form is this all records or just one record. I ask because this could be a corrupt form or a corrupt record. See the Corrupt Records in a Microsoft Access MDB page at my website http...

Invalid root in registry key ...
I'm a noobie at scripting, but I'm going through a self paced learning guide and one of the scripts calls some very basic information from the registry using RegRead. It seems that any reg value that I try to read from "HKCU\Volatile Environment\" fails. An example of the error I receive: WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile Environment\LOGONSERVER" or WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile Environment\USERNAME" or WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile Env...

Reinstall Windows on the DPM server without losing replicas?
Is it possible to wipe and reinstall Windows on a DPM server without losing the replicas and recovery points? I understand that the DPM replica and recovery point volumes are stored in Windows' Logical Disk Manager database. If Windows is reinstalled on the DPM server and the LDM database is lost, is it possible to use a backed up copy of DPMDB.bak and the replica and recovery point data on the disk enclosures to rebuild the DPM server without losing all of the backup data? Also, would it matter whether its Windows Server 2003 or 2008/2008 R2, or DPM 2007 or DPM 2010? ...

accessing excel in another thread
Hi, I am using this to send data to excel, it works ok, but when I try to use it in another thread it fails. if(!app.CreateDispatch("Excel.Application")) { AfxMessageBox("Couldn't start Excel and get Application object."); return 1; } Does CreateDispatch works only in the mai nthread of the program ? thanks, Behzad ...

Moving Public Folders to another Server!?
Hi, we have two Exchange Servers in our Organisation. to reduce the traffic on both servers i will move the public folder from server01 to server02. I believe "Replication" is my friend?! Can anyone help me?! Thanks! ulli Yep that is correct, For Exchange 200X go into Exchange System Manager, Navigate to Administrative Groups | First Administrative Group (or whatever you named it) | Folders. Right click on your root level public folder and select properties, open the replication tab, and add you additional Exchange server Click Ok. If your public folder is in a tree structur...

Same problem! SP3 Outlook error message "The program is trying to access etc"
I have the same problem! I recently downloaded the SP3 for Office 2002, and since then have had problems with the email security feature of Outlook. Now, whether I am creating a new email or responding to a received email, I get a flag-screen telling me that a program is trying to access email addresses stored in Outlook and asking me if that's what I want. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for a list of known problems with some 3rd party apps. (I'm guessing you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat installed. The problem section lists a regis...

decommission the first and only 5.5 Server for a new 2003 server
I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 site a few weeks ago. I moved all the mailboxes. I then rehomed the system and public folders and now ready to decommission the 5.5 Server and use the 2003 server as the Primary server. I think? The Firewall was re-addressed to the face the new server. However I can not seem to get mail delivered to the 2003 system. I am not sure that the system is set up right to except mail. On 5.5 we have an internet connector I do not see were to put it in 2003. there is a ADC and in the 2003 server a connector to the 5.5 server, but I can not remove it. I...

Mny 2006 SB Lose Paypal Online Acct Access when Bkup and Restore
Recently upgraded to Money 2006 Small Business and everything works fine with one exception. I have a number of different Bank and Brokerage accounts setup for online access. I recently set up Paypal –Money Markets Fund for online service. The initial setup went very smooth and seemed to be working fine. However, whenever I Backup and then Restore I lose the online capabilities for Paypal (only Paypal, no other online accounts are effected). I have to then re-setup the account for online service. I contacted Microsoft Money Tech support and they told me it was Paypal’s problem, but I fi...

How to import Excel data into SQL Server using VB project
hello, i am getting problem while importing Excel data into SQL Server using VB project. please help me babu ...

using a single account to access multiple mailboxes via owa
Hi Initially it started out as a development problem but I'm confident I've traced it back to a configuration issue. Basically, I have a special user on Exchange that has been given permissions to access other user's exchange accounts via OWA. It's very similar to sharing your contacts but this has to be server initiated - the users must not have the ability to interfere. So I went to each account I wanted shared, went to the permissions and assigned read (and later full access) permissions to my special user. Let's call my special user X. Using X's credentials, I ca...

Exchange 5.5 and removing first server in site
What are the steps for removing the first server which was created in an Exchange 5.5 site? Hi John, This should help 152959 XADM: How to Remove the First Exchange Server in a Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=152959 -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JohnB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b3201c3afb1$d1976ce0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > What are...

Multithtreaded access to GUI controls
Hi, In my code I have a method which is called by multiple non-gui threads. The method simply writes given 'int' to a TextBox. void writeInt (int nInt) { EnterCriticalSection (&cs); m_PDlg->SetDlgItemInt (IDC_EDIT1, nInt); LeaveCriticalSection (&cs); } I also synchronize execution of that method. Now multiple non-gui threads can -?safely?- change content of the TextBox. Is this enough protection? Is it legal to directly call a GUI method from non-gui threads? I have no way to sync the GUI thread and my non-gui threads, does this cause a pro...

Exchange 2003 Microsoft Server ActiveSync Help!!
Dear all, I have Exchange 2003 FE and BE server in one box with MS ISA 2000 on another box as the firewall server. In the ISA, I have outgoing web authentication switched on. My problem is how to get the Exchange 2003 Microsoft Server ActiveSync to work with Pocket PC 2003 device. I have configured OWA and OMA and both works. Another thing is I have not and not ready for SSL. I need proper planning for this. What I want to know if the above is possible? If so how. I need some step by step or instruction as to achieve a working solution. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. ...

How to image Server 2008?
Is it possible to image a Windows 2008 server as a backup strategy? I currently use Norton Ghost to automatically maintain a backup image on a desktop PC, and would like to do the same with a 2008 file server. I tried using Symantec Ghost Solution Suite but am unable to image the host server with it. Am I missing something? "Tom Hill" <tomhill@tech2go.ca> wrote in message = news:ext8se%23uKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to image a Windows 2008 server as a backup strategy? > I currently use Norton Ghost to automatically maintain a backup i...

Disable webservice access
Hi Group, Is there a way to disable the access to webservice in a CRM 4.0 Enterprise. I want to enable the access only to some organizations. Thanks., ...

How to change a CRM 3.0 Server License Key after installation?
Hi We ended up using one of our CRM License keys for a client CRM 3.0 installaltion. Now that the client has recieved his crm server license, is there anyway to change this from ours to his. I have tried doing this via the license manager, but it won't let me delete the server license. When i go to add one it, it tells that there is one that already exists. Is there anyway around it, without having to re-install crm. thanks ...

Registry
Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting the question here. The registry on the computer needs to be cleaned. Most of the errors I am getting are related to registry problems. I am not computer knowledgeable to clean the registry manually. I wonder if someone could suggest a good, reliable and trustworthy registry cleaner software and that would not be too expensive. Thanks! -- Barbara On 07/08/2010 05:09 PM, Barbara wrote: > Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting > the question here. The registr...

Moving Exchange to another Drive on same server
I need to move exchange from the C: system drive to E: data drive on the same server box I am using windows server 2003 and Exchange 2003. thanks for the help Corey In news:E426BD3E-61CB-4BB1-B13A-FA1A3CDC22B8@microsoft.com, WSB Corey <WSBCorey@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I need to move exchange from the C: system drive to E: data drive on > the same server box I am using windows server 2003 and Exchange 2003. > thanks for the help > Corey Move Exchange? Meaning what, exactly? If you just want to move the logs & stores, that's easy: http://support.micros...

Populate Registry data into MS outlook form
What Outlook Security settings are required to populate registry data within a MS Outlook form. What in particular are you trying to do? Outlook has no security = settings related to reading and setting registry values.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <gtvspavan@yahoo.com> wrote in message = news:1113907376.264816.236210@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > What Outlook Security settings are required to populate registry dat...