MFC Edit box - font and color change

Hey everyone, is it easy (possible) to change the font within an Edit
Controll just for a certain small section of text?  (I.e. I don't want to
change the entire box's font, just a portion of 1 lines).  So that I could
write something like
<SMITH> Hey how's thing?
Where the <SMITH> would be Bold and Red, and the rest of the text would be
standard and black.  Can I do this with the Edit Control or is their another
fairly simple way to do that you know of?  (Basically creating an Instant
Messanger type format).
Thank for the help :)

0
Arlis
12/10/2003 7:41:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    Use the CRichEditCtrl instead of CEdit in order to do this.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Arlis Rose" <arlisATendevouraerospace.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone, is it easy (possible) to change the font within an Edit
> Controll just for a certain small section of text?  (I.e. I don't want to
> change the entire box's font, just a portion of 1 lines).  So that I could
> write something like
> <SMITH> Hey how's thing?
> Where the <SMITH> would be Bold and Red, and the rest of the text would be
> standard and black.  Can I do this with the Edit Control or is their
another
> fairly simple way to do that you know of?  (Basically creating an Instant
> Messanger type format).
> Thank for the help :)

0
CheckAbdoul

Forced Password Change
Is their any way to force a Dynamics GP user (v9 or v10) to change their password when you are NOT using SQL 2005? Thanks! ~MAC Hi Mac, There is a third party product available call OMNI Tools. This product is available from Rocton Software. Please find the link attached to their website. http://www.rocktonsoftware.com Thanks Don Craig "MAC" wrote: > Is their any way to force a Dynamics GP user (v9 or v10) to change their > password when you are NOT using SQL 2005? > > Thanks! > > ~MAC ...

copies of email to sent box?
Last weeek we experienced a power outage and had to replace power supply. Since then ,when I send email ,copies will not send to sent box. I have checked OPTIONS and have " send copy to sent box",but it is still not doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Tool Bars and Fonts for Desktop
I would like to increase the size of the Task Bar Icons, Tool Bars and the font used to display files in Windows Explorer . . . and don't know how to do that. I will be grateful for some help on this. I am running Windows XP Home SP3. --- Dave Reduce the desktop resolution, effectively making everything look larger. Dave wrote: > I would like to increase the size of the Task Bar Icons, Tool Bars and > the font used to display files in Windows Explorer . . . and don't know > how to do that. I will be grateful for some help on this. > > I am runn...

Editing Contact Information
Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information? I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit someone's email address or other contact information. This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live .. Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something? Thank you There are two steps before you can edit: click Edit Contact click one of the categories under Summary You will probably want to click Contact. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Editing Contact Information" wrote in ...

Custom number format with colors
Hi, I would like to format my numbers this way: > 0 --> Green = 0 --> Black < 0 --> Red How can I do that? Thanks!! Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A) -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to format my numbers this way: > > > 0 --> Green > = ...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

save attachment dialog box
Does anyone know how to change the dialog box that opens up when you click on an attachment to open, instead of save? The boss thinks he wastes too much time changing the checkbox. My guess would be somewhere in the registry, but don't know where or how. What exactly do you mean? You mean the dialog that comes up and promps you to Save, Open or Cancel? The "Confirm Open after Download" can only be modified with local admnistrator permissions as it changes the registry of the local computer. Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Help in turning off underlining and blue font
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic underlining and blue font of the text when entering a email address in a cell? Thanks, Bob Tools / Autocorrect options / Autoformat Tab / Replace Network paths with hyperlinks - Deselect it -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

excel error "no more new fonts..."
Using Excel 2002. Pretty large sheet with about 60 tables. refuses to copy and paste a table. Getting error message "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" cannot find anything anywhere on this error. ...

Highlight color in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wish to change the highlight color choices or their intensities in Word 2008 (not in Excel and not theselect-text color). Can one do this and, if so, how? You just have to change the highlight color of the operating system! Word uses the OS highlight color. Go to system preferences > appearance & change the highlight color. I think I was misunderstood. The highlighting I mean might be called background color. When one selects text, one can color the text, one can color the background, or both. My questions is ...

color palette full message
How do I erase all the custom colors in the color palette? I am trying to edit a legend key color in an Excel graph embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It won't let me change the color (Office Professional 2003) I've tried changing the color in both programs without a resulting change in the graph legend color. Thanks. In PowerPoint, fully select the Excel chart and the Excel toolbars should appear replacing PowerPoint's. Tools / Options / Color, select colour in the palette to be customized, Modify color Regards, Peter T "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micro...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

Different background color depending on x-axis value
Hi! Is there any way to have the background in a chart have differen colors depending on x-axis values? Like x-axis value 1-10 => blue background x-axis value 10-20 => red background Thank -- RealRave ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RealRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56778 Here are a few of the ways you can get custom background fills for your charts" http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Backgro...

Editing a shared spreadsheet simultaneously
We are currently networked using Excel 2000. If one of us has a spreadsheet open, the other can only open the same spreadsheet in 'Read Only'. Is there a newer version of Excel which will allow two people to have open, and edit, and same worksheet at the same time? If not, anyone know of another program which will allow this? Hi Alfred you can "share" a workbook in excel 2000 (which allows for more than one person to open & edit it at once) ... have a look in Help you'll find details on how to do it, but basically the steps are: On the Tools menu, click Shar...

paste-linking annotating text boxes
I'm trying to insert an Excel chart into a PowerPoint presentation and link it dynamically. The data link is not an issue but I cannot find a practical way to paste the text boxes that were added to the Excel chart by way of annotation. Selecting and pasting the chart itself and the textboxes as if they were separate objects results in a distorted PowerPoint layout. Is my only choice to add the text boxes anew in PowerPoint? Select the chart prior to adding the textbox. The textbox then will be part of the chart, rather than just another drawing object floating above the worksh...

OLook Locks up when attempting to delete large file in out box.
Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice it was so large until after a few days of OL being extremely slow and using up my CPU at 100%. How can I delete this file? I have tried going to the outbox and selecting delete, but it will not delete. Can find the location of the data, but not the file that needs to be deleted. Try the easy fix: Select File, Work Offline, Delete the messages "SNR" wrote: > Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice > it was so large until after a few days of OL being ext...

how do i get font style back on toolbar?
new to this...when i started my document the font style was displayed on toolbar...now it is not...what do i do and thanks to those who help!!!!!!1 Melissa, try view, toolbars, and check formatting -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:852099EC-03A0-4B0F-91AD-0B9F61CF8C4B@microsoft.com... > new to this...when i started my document the fon...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

In Box
I have a number in parentheses next to my In Box. I have read all the messages in my In Box, but the number is still there. How do I find out what this is and how to get rid of it. -- Jo Ann What version of Outlook are you using? In some versions the number next to the Inbox can actually reflect the total items in the Inbox rather than unread. Also you might check and see if you have a view/filter applied (View | Current View...) which might be hiding some unread messages from you. Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microso...

Help! Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. Can't edit objects in 2007 (Freeform issue). Steve Rindsberg?
Hi, I am posting this again in a hope to get attention to my tricky problem Bob _________ Thanks Jon, Some consolotion, but no solution... :-) I am not doing any progress at all with this problem. Really need help!(Saw that Steve had beed in similar thread 1,5 yr ago) Regarding resulting EMF/WMF shapes, there seems to be a big difference between seeting the Shape Border to Solid manually compared to doing it through VBA or through a Chart Style ( I took a standard one). This is bizarre! Is there some way to emulate the manual action in the menu? i.e. something like: Application.Commandbar...

Changing header and footer details in queries???????
Reports are simple in design view but queries are what I am interested in. I have not found a way to alter the header information in a query other than to turn it off. Is there a way to add information???? Cheers Duncan Duncan, open the query in design view put the cursor in a column of the query open the query's property dialog in the row for Caption, type the name to show for the heading for that column. To do this in a more automatic way, create a calculated field for that column by putting the heading followed by a colon in front of that field Example Field called ODate in the row...