MFC CMap slow on windows 2003?

Hi There,

I have a peculiar problem. I have a component that uses a
CMap<CString, LPCTSTR, double, double&> to store values.
The component has been developed on W2K using VC6 and
works just fine.

However, when I run it on my new windows 2003 server (a
machine with comparable hardware) it suddenly becomes
slower by a factor of more than 40! I have trace the
problem to the call to Lookup(). If I leave out this
single call the component runs in the time I would expect..

Do any of you know of any issues with the mfc42*.dll's
that ship with w2k3?
0
claus9601 (1)
10/13/2003 4:09:07 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to Debug MFC dll
I have a VS 2003 soln with 2 projects - 1 MFC Dialog based app and the other MFC dll. I am loading the MFC dll from my MFC app. If I set breakpoints in the MFC dll code, it doesn't stop there. How do I debug the dll ? Regards, Amit Is the DLL linked in with the App or do you dynamically load it? AliR. "Cagespear" <Cagespear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C19EC4DF-2AC0-4BD3-B1C3-4C356A4EDF4C@microsoft.com... >I have a VS 2003 soln with 2 projects - 1 MFC Dialog based app and the >other > MFC dll. > > I am loading the MFC dll from my...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

GPO cause slow logon on desktop redirect
Hi guys, I have create new policy for redirect users folder on network shared, after this when user logon the loading desktop is very slow (30 seconds about only for desktop redirect). I've activate debug on GPO and this is log result in the last rows: GPSVC(188.2a4) 17:30:12:550 Target = S-1-5-21-1020176695-2728896446-3455317470-1230 GPSVC(188.2a4) 17:30:12:581 Target = S-1-5-21-1020176695-2728896446-3455317470-1230, ChangeNumber 0 GPSVC(188.27c) 17:30:12:800 Event Arg Array is already filled to its capacity=6 GPSVC(188.27c) 17:30:12:800 CGPEventBase::GetEventInfo(): Object ...

SBS 2003 moving of users files

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Adding support for mfc / atl types in a Win32 project
MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & mfc (I'm just after points and rects btw)... just add the header ( atltypes.h ). I'm getting linker errors for these classes though. Is there a lib I need to add? Any screwy build options need changing? It's in VC 2003. In the project wizard I note that atl and mfc support aren't available when creating an empty Win32 application. Ta. On 26 May 2006 07:42:09 -0700, Simon L wrote: > MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & > mfc (I'm just after points and rect...

Office installation and Windows 7

Preventing dissambly/decompiliation of MFC Apps and DLLs
Hello, I was wondering if there are any software products out there that will take a compiled MFC app or MFC DLL and prevent the files from being disassemble or being decompiled? Sincerely, James Simpson James Simpson wrote: > Hello, > I was wondering if there are any software products out there that will take > a compiled MFC app or MFC DLL and prevent the files from being disassemble or > being decompiled? > > Sincerely, > > James Simpson > Whether or not MFC is used is irrelevant. There is no way to prevent or even resist disassembly. If it is execut...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...