MFC Application calling Win32 DLL not showing Tooltip

HI ,
I have a MFC Application  and from that I am tiring to call a DLL which
creates a Toolbar contains buttons. Its all working fine except the tool
tip.
If  I try to run same program as application EXE instead of that DLL it
shows the tool tip .  But when I tried that as DLL It doesn't!!!  . I tried
almost all possible ways to show the tooltip in DLL.

Pls help me. If somebody help me. If somebody help me with a sample
application or source code it would be greatly appreciate.
lal

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how do i get excel to show mm/dd in Funcation bar
how do i get excel to show mm/yy in Funcation bar like it does in the cell instead of the mm/dd/yy AFAIK, you don't. There's no way to directly format the Formula bar. In article <046BB66E-4BA5-4C0F-BBD9-A2714A9F36C2@microsoft.com>, "Beenthere12" <Beenthere12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i get excel to show mm/yy in Funcation bar like it does in the cell > instead of the mm/dd/yy ...

How can my application detect if it is running in a Terminal Services client session?
Hello, All! Is anybody know how detect from Visual Basic??? MS Access 2000-2007 With best regards, Alek Luchnikov. E-mail: alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru ================================================= ������������� - �����������-��������� ����������� HTTP://TPMBY.COM hi, Alek Luchnikov wrote: > Is anybody know how detect from Visual Basic??? MS Access 2000-2007 giyf: http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely/browse_thread/thread/f6093764ee3fabc7/bcd16f8578feae6d?hl=de&lnk=st&q=determin+running+in+terminal+service#bcd16f8578feae6d mfG ...

Error in calling CRM Webservice from Javascript.
I made this function in the form to get the user email address: ------------------------------------------ function GetUserEmailAddress(userId) { var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\'1.0\' encoding=\'utf-8\'?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\' xmlns:xsi=\'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\' xmlns:xsd=\'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\'>"; xml += GenerateAuthenticationHeader(); xml += " <soap:Body>" + " <...

How to Show Folder Contents as "Tiles" in 4 Columns?
In windows explorer, when displaying the contents of a folder, I would like to display the contents as tiles in 4 columns. Anyone know how to do this? I don't want to use a "thumbnails" view or an "icons" view--I want to use a "tiles" view, and I would like to get 4 columns, but I can't find any way to change the existing 3 column display format. I have looked for various folder options or preferences in windows explorer, but I don't see anything that will help. Any ideas? Thanks. As a test, I just displayed Windows Explorer in s...

How do I get incoming .jpg's to show up in my text body
I'd like to be able to view my .jpg's in my text body and not have to click on them individually tp open them. I've Already loosened my security settings Are the mail items in question HTML mail items? "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A5ACCCA-EEC8-4428-8EF7-E379DD0672AB@microsoft.com... > I'd like to be able to view my .jpg's in my text body and not have to > click > on them individually tp open them. > > I've Already loosened my security settings Hi Vince, I don't know that they are HTML Items...

DLL, Debug vs. Release
Hi, I have writed a DLL with MFC Appwizard (dll). I have defined the function to export with __declspec (dllexport), added the lib file to the "client" project and defined the imported function with __declspec (dllimport). Everything seems to work fine in the release version (I can access to exported function etc). When I compile it in the debug version I got an assert on dgbhelp.c Line 1044 The line is _ASSERTE(_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)); (when I call the first exposed function of the dll) Why does it work fine in release and not in debug ? Stefano Malavasi _____...

Show comma in data validation list?
Would someone please help. Thanks. I want the following 3 items in a data validation list. Note they have commas in the items. Apple, Kiwi, and Orange Strawberry, Mango, and Banana Pineapple, Banana, and Orange I can't get data validation to display the comma in the item because it takes the comma as a seperator for a new item. So typing the above show the following list: Apple Kiwi and Orange Strawberry Mango and Banana Pineapple Banana and Orange I have to be able to type these items directly into the DV list, not into cells where DV uses a cell reference. Can this be done? Thanks...

.NET application won't run on Win2k
I've recently ported my application from VC++6 to VC++.NET and find that it no longer runs on Win2k. How do I resolve this? The error I get when I try to run it is "The dynamic link library MFC71U.DLL could not be found in the specified path C:\Prog..." Fair enough I thought: I'm linking against MFC 7.1 instead of 4.x and I need to distribute the DLL. Except that MFC71U.DLL doesn't exist on my WinXP build machine either so I can't distribute it. So I tried statically linking to it instead and got lots errors of the form "error LNK2005: _wcscmp already defined ...

Published Customisations not showing without an IIS reset.
Hi all, We have a developement server: Server 2008 (32-bit), SP1 CRM 4 Enterprise, Rollup 8 SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition An issue has started happening with all the Organizations on that server. This is what I did to test the issue: 1. Create a new Organization - no customizations. 2. Create new field in Account entity and place on form. Preview ("cretae form") feature shows new field on form perfectly. 3. Save and Publish changes. No errors or issues when publishing. 4. Go to create new Account (or access existing one), the new field does not show. 5. Re-start IIS on tha...

howdo i make a chart showing grades for male and female students
Please help! Thanks! In column A enter grades for females and in Column B enter grades for males. A will be one series on your chart. B will be the other series on your chart. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:01:01 -0800, angeleyes <angeleyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help! Thanks! ...

Re: WMP 9 updates (was: UNICOWS.DLL)
thanatoid wrote: > "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in > news:ewnXoplmKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > >> Nah. Keep WMP (older versions) and WinAmp. (Last I >> heard, VLC was a bit "invasive"). > > This is the "uninstall.log" from the 1.02 XP version: > > vlc.exe > vlc.exe.manifest > libvlc.dll > libvlccore.dll Are those DLLs in the windows system folder, or JUST in the VLC pgm folder? More below... <snipped the list of a few HUNDRED added items below - WOW> >&...

XMLDocument SelectNodes hangs if called through COM
Hello, I have created simple COM service in .NET. COM is accessed from another not NET application by late binding call. And the problem: If I call NetComClass.Hello from another .NET code, all works fine. But when calling from COM, the program hangs at line nodeList = root.SelectNodes("/bookstore/book"). CPU is utilized 100%. Briefly: XmlDocument.SelectNodes call hangs EVERY TIME when selected nodes count is greater than 0. I have attached debugger to calling process, I have spend many hour on this problem, but without any result. This is a test program to simplify the problem wit...

How to call an MFC function of a DLL in a COM component project?
Hello (Sorry if the question is simple I am a newbie.) I should develop a COM Component (an OCX file) using VC++ that accepts three parameters in a method and pass them to a MFC DLL function. I just have the signature of the MFC DLL function not the source code. How can I register and call the MFC function in my OCX function? What is the steps I should follow? I use MS Visual Studio 2005 in XP SP2. Thanks in advance Hamed "Hamed" <hamed@raymehr.com> wrote in message news:ODtx2qOsHHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl > I should develop a COM Component (an OCX file) using ...

dependeny circle problems when build with dll
hi all, we inherited some source that has really uge dependency circles. at the moment we try to switch to a scm system and therefore i only want to check-in SOURCE-ONLY files. a short example should demonstrate my problem: building libgui.dll : depends on libdatabase.lib building libdatabase.dll : depends on liblogic.lib building liblogic.dll : depends on libgui.lib this is just a very short example og what we have here. in practise we have about 30-40 libs that have dependencies like the above. and most libs depend on more that 3 other .lib files. i tried to...

MFC under VS2010
I am about to finally *commit* product porting and new development under VS20xx. Currently have VS2005 and successfully recompiled all our projects and MFC applications. 139 of 150 projects in total where moved over. But we never felt good to release it as an update. About VS2010, we definitely going to upgrade to it, and I heard it is the "new VC6 (VS98)" - that excited me. I am not like going to waste time downloading the RC and go thru any hassles installing it. Can people with VS2010 now tell me about about their experiences and reality? Such as: I didn&...

VB Activex exe and MFC Client
Hi, We have a MFC application which instantiates a Visual Basic activex exe. The MFC app calls some methods of the activex exe right after launching it. And this works fine. The activex exe then raises some events which are received by the C++ app. This also works fine. But any activex method called after the events are raised do not work. It seems like the connection between both the apps ais broken. Placing a breakpoint int the MFC app and stepping over the function call to the active x method gives me a "Microsoft C++ exception (kernel32.dll) (no name) " message in the debug wi...

Portfolio
Hi I've 3 different stocks [all Australian], they update OK but no matter how I try I cannot get anything other than a 0 [zero] to show on 'Change', additionally 'last price' & 'close' are a;ways the same figure, and nothing at all appears on the 'price' & '% change' columns. Any ideas? The change, plus high/lows all come from the feed provider. If they don't supply then Money can't show. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions...

pdf attachment in outlook 2003 does not show up but shows in OWA a
TWe have exchange 2007 server and Blackberry enterprise server. outlook 2003 is client software. When we receive pdf attachment from a particular company, we can not see those attachment in outlook but can find them in OWA and in blackberry. I know attachments are in the mailbox but not showing for some reason in outlook. Can any one please tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks. -- Dipti Do you see them if you hit forward? Are any other attachments affected? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

show month number as month name in Excel?
I'm trying to format a field in an Excel Spreadsheet in such a way that it displays a month name rather than a month number. For Example, if a cell contains 8, I want the cell to show as August. Conditional formatting only allows me 3 levels of condtions and isn't therefore suitable. I don't think you're gonna be able to use formatting for this. But you could use a helper cell: =date(2005,a1,1) if A1 contained the month number. Format this cell as MMMM and you can keep the value as a real date. or =text(date(2005,a1,1),"MMMM") If you want the text string fo...

My Device detects as MTP(auto play pops up too) and WMP11 opens,but does not show the device in the Sync Tab
I have a device which when connected to the Windows XP host ( with Service Pack 3 and WMP11 installed), would result in the auto play option coming up asking how to open"View files,Open with Windows Media player to sync) and when I select the WMP option, WMP11 opens up but the device is not listed in the Sync tab. On further fiddling, what i see if i set the following keys in the registry under HKLM\SYSTEM \currentcontrolset\enum\usb\vid_xxx&pid_xxx\xxx\Device Parameters ( here xxx refers to vid,pid and the serialnumber values which are irrelevant here): EnableLegacySupport...

Page breaks don't show on screen and don't print separately. It i.
I am using Excel 2003. I enter page breaks, but nothing appears on screen and the page breaks don't register and pages don't print separately. View page breaks does not show dashed lines. The box under Options for page breaks is ticked. This happens always. It did not happen with the previous version of Excel. Hi Peter the only way i can repeat the behaviour that you have outlined below is by setting the "fit to x pages wide by x pages tall" option in file / page setup .... this over-rides the page breaks. Changing this back to 100% scaling allows me to use ma...

Show last 3 months on pivot chart
Hi, i have a pivot table with monthly sales (year, month, amount) i need a graph to show last 3 months unfortunatelly, i can show "top 3 month by sale", but not last 3 months actually, what i'm doing is add the "month" series as a data field, -appart from a column name- and then filter "top 3 month by month", but this generates me asmany extra columns as data are (example: a table with incomes, outcomes, utilities, will have 3 columns with month) how can i do this more easily and cleaner? Assuming you have an actual date in each row of the data source, ...

Error Message: RPC Server is unavailable. Win32 c00706ba
Hi! Since a couple of days I get an error message within the System Manager MMC of Exchange 2003 SP2 if I try to open the database property tab of a mailboxstore from my desktop. This is very strange because if I try to open the same tab from the Exchange Server directly everthing works fine. SP2 is installed on both - server and desktop. Does anybody has got a hint for a solution or even an explanation for that?! Hi Take a look at the following MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320073/en-us The symptoms are a little similar and the error is the same, and I suspect the problem...

Search util that shows results in Outlook and open Encrypted emails
Might someone help me relocate a search utility that integrates directly into Outlook to the point of showing search results in Outlook and which also allows it to open S/MIME encrypted emails? Thanks!!!!! G'Day Nemo, There is an attachment for Outlook called (appropriately enough) LookOut. See http://www.lookoutsoft.com/Lookout/lookoutinfo.html where it is available free. This software (and the Company) has been acquired by Microsoft. It looks like it will disappear soon, or be 'absorbed' into the MSN Toolbar. While it was originally designed to index your e-mail messag...

MsgBox shown in background in respect to the window application
Hi all. I'm developing an Access application with some VBA code. There's a form with a subform. This subform shows a list of items. There's a button to delete one item of the list. This button is linked to a VBA subroutine which asks for a double-confirmation of the operation via two MsgBox (I know it's not a good practice, but the committent specially asked this behaviour...) The code is the following: Sub btnErase_Click() If MsgBox("Are you sure?", vbOKCancel + vbDefaultButton2) = vbCancel then Exit Sub If MsgBox("Are you really sure?", vbOKCa...