MFC and run-time lib dependencies

Hi,

    I am working on an installer (InstallShield X), and have come across a
situation where I have dependencies on two different versions of the VC
run-time libraries.  My application requires the VC 7 run-time libraries,
but a copy-protection product I use has a dependency on MFC 6.0, which in
turn depends on the VC 6 run-time libraries.  I'm wondering how best to
resolve this...?

    Do I need to include in my installer both the VC6 and VC7 run-time
library redistributables?  Or, can I substitute the MFC 7.0 merge module
(for the MFC 6.0 one), and thus only use the VC7 run-time libraries?

    Thanks for any help...

-Howard

0
alicebt (2)
2/18/2005 7:32:23 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Howard wrote:

>Hi,
>
>    I am working on an installer (InstallShield X), and have come across a
>situation where I have dependencies on two different versions of the VC
>run-time libraries.  My application requires the VC 7 run-time libraries,
>but a copy-protection product I use has a dependency on MFC 6.0, which in
>turn depends on the VC 6 run-time libraries.  I'm wondering how best to
>resolve this...?
>
>    Do I need to include in my installer both the VC6 and VC7 run-time
>library redistributables?  Or, can I substitute the MFC 7.0 merge module
>(for the MFC 6.0 one), and thus only use the VC7 run-time libraries?

If the copy protection product requires the VC6 RTLs, then it requires the
VC6 RTLs. You can't use the VC7 RTLs as a substitute.

--
Doug Harrison
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

MFC program to download a URL
Can someone send me a simple MFC program to download any URL -OR- at least point me to the library functions that I can use ? Thanks ThewhizKId thewhizkid wrote: > Can someone send me a simple MFC program to download any URL -OR- > at least point me to the library functions that I can use ? > > Thanks > ThewhizKId I am not sure what you mean by URL. If you mean getting a web page HTML then have a look at http://www.codeproject.com/internet/webgrab.asp otherwise choose what you need in the list http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ Simon. thewhizkid@rock.com (thewhizkid) ...

Install 2 different versions of MS Office at the same time
I need to install both Office 2003 & Office 2007 for my work. As Office 2007 is a newer version, it is automatcially set as the defaulted application. I would like to change the defaulted application from Office 2007 to Office 2003, how can I do it? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Since 2007 can both read and save docs in old format why do you need 2003 'for work'? "Ada" <Ada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21F49246-4724-417D-9F30-A7AE490E3B7B@microsoft.com... >I need to install both Office 2003 & Office 200...

resource time
Hi, Is there documented information (MS or other) for how much resource time is required to support common exchange server and client tasks? Basically the day to day tasks. The only documented information i have come across is that it takes about .25 Administrators for every 100 users. thanks. wow, where did you find that statistic? I'd like to show it to my boss...I single-handedly support over 8,000 users here, and also assist with support for two remote sites...that being said, Exchange support (excluding support for Outlook issues, which is a lot of what I have to do) boils down...

Excel crashez every time i open a worksheet with formulas
I would apreciate your help, thank you. I have Windows Vista Businees x86, Microsoft Office Basic 2007. The problem first appeared when i reinstalled everything a few days ago. The steps i took are the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install Office -> start Office - > open worksheet(any worksheet) -> Office crashes I also tried the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install SP1 then SP2 -> install Office -> install updates(windows Update) -> all updates installed-> start Office - > open wo...

Spam email filtering via Real-Time Block List: did I do this correctly?
Since I've never really worked with Exchange Server before, I just wanted to verify that I added spamhaus.org correctly. http://216.89.218.233/public/exchange-server-screen-cap-1.gif If not, what do I need to change? Thanks, Adam http://www.searchenginefriendlylayouts.com/ Looks right to me. However I might suggest you use sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org instead. I also use bl.spamcop.net and cbl.abuseat.org. They all do thing just a little bit differently and I have not noted any latency issues using all three. SEFL wrote: > Since I've never really worked with Exchange Server before,...

System.Xml in MFC
I tried to use System.Xml in MFC. Unfortunately, it turns out that all of System.Xml is set as COM-invisible. Therefore, my regasm gives me an empty type library. So my questions are: 1) Why was System.Xml marked as COM-invisible? 2) How do I go after using System.Xml in my MFC app anyways (some sample code would be great)? 3) What would the disadvantages/problems be using System.Xml in an MFC app although it was marked COM-invisible? Thanks >1) Why was System.Xml marked as COM-invisible? It's generally a good practice to mark an assembly non-visible to COM unless you fully test a...

Sinking MS Access form events from MFC console app
Hi All, I'm trying to sink MS Access form events using technique described in <<HOW TO: Handle Events for Excel by Using Visual C++ .NET (http://www.kbalertz.com/Q309301/Handle.Events.Excel.Using.Visual.aspx)>> Of course I did do all the needed code substitutions etc. All works rather well, I mean I'm getting to MS Access form IConnectionPointContainer etc. But the last code line - hr = m_pConnectionPoint->Advise(m_pAppEventListener,&m_dwConnectionCookie); doesn't work and returns hr = -2147220990. Here is MS Access form events interface ID I use: const II...

Is there a way to go through all the controls on a MFC dialog?
hi, I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing their ID at design time. That mean that the program must get the id and then get the control. Is there a better solution? One thing is for sure, I have to get the CWnd* of all of the controls on a dialog. How do I do this? thanks ThunderMusic > I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing > their ID at design time. CWnd* pChild = MyDialog.GetWindow(GW_CHILD); while (pChild) { // your code... pChild = pChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } thanks, it works... I had the GetWin...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

Bug: printing of a specific page range is broken in MFC-VS2005
If you create an MFC application that includes printing support, and your application does print-time pagination as described in this MSDN library topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7wzay73(VS.80).aspx then specifying printing of a specific range of pages in the print dialog does not work. The application always prints all pages of the document. To see this problem download and build the WordPad sample MFC application. Start a new blank document, then paste into it enough text to fill several pages. Choose Print from the File menu. Choose a print range of page 1 to page 1....

how 2 create and run a macro
i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create and run it. i am facing the problem Hi a good introduction to macros can be found at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lee Sok Har wrote: > i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create > and run it. > i am facing the problem ...

Time chart
I need a time chart as in example A1= Henry B1=15 C1=21 A2= Sally B2=12 C2-=18 A3= George B3=11 C3=16 A4= Alex B4=10 C4=14 Henry ------------------------ Sally ----------------------- George -------------------- Alex ----------------- 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 You could simulate the chart with an XY Scatter chart of the data 15 4 21 4 12 3 18 3 11 2 16 2 10 1 14 1 Format the y-axes to show no labe...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

Time input mask format
If I input - "340 a", I want it to show "3:40 AM" or if I input 1230 p, I want it formated as 12:30 PM can this be done? enter your times as 3:40 or 12:30 and set the format of the cell to show it as am or pm format ,,,, cells,,,,custom,,, h:mm AM/PM "WNB-96740" wrote: > If I input - "340 a", I want it to show "3:40 AM" > > or if I input 1230 p, I want it formated as 12:30 PM > > can this be done? There is no way to set up an input mask as you describe without using VBA. See Chip Pearson's site for quicken...

Another MFC extension DLL problem
I have an entry point defined like this: #ifndef BUILDING_UTILITY #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllimport) #else #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllexport) #endif void _UL_EXT_CLASS AttachToUtilityLib(LPCTSTR pszString) When I try to link the dll to another extension DLL, MyMessageBox is unresolved. If I take out the LPCTSTR parameter, it links fine. What could be wrong here? Maybe it's a name mangling issue, are this DLL's both C++ ? I assume you use different defines for your two DLL's otherwise you may have conlicts here. Cyrille Dupuydauby "David W. Simmo...

Multiple time ranges
I am trying to create a formula that will look up the time values and return a letter. Times are in column F. Must include seconds (as values does include seconds). 07:00:00 - 17:30:00 = "A" 17:31:00 - 00:30:00 = "B" 00:31:00 - 06:59:00 = "C" <as values does include seconds).> But you miss out whole minutes in your specications. Anyway, this should work, but do check your threshold values. Maybe you need to add a second or less than a second. Set up a table like this (in this example: A1:B4) 0:00:00 B 0:30:00 C 7:00:00 A 17:30:00 B With your time to l...

How do I set up a template to save time typing names
I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? traceyella <traceyella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more > than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to > keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? Create your message, but instead of sending it, save it as an OFT. WHen you want to send it, forward it from your Drafts fold...

Length of time to publish
Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ? Is it something I'm doing wrong or is my computer slow ? Many variables. The speed of your internet connection. Traffic on the internet. And, the host may have it throttled to a certain amount. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "mousey" <mousey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90A5062A-42EB-4039-8E24-20D26F260CB7@microsoft.com... : Does anyone know why it takes a very long time to publish my websites ? : Is it someth...

Strange. Deleted Journal and Time Clock
I just tried to do payroll and all of my payroll entries before 7/1/07 are gone. Also the journals before that date are also missing. All of my items are still in my register list. What gives? ...

the future o MFC ?
I'm now learning MFC, and I'm curious if MFC is on the way out since the appearing o .NET framework ?! slash If i were you i would not bother learning MFC today. I beleive more in a combination of Pure win32 with some .net language using what is known as platform invoke. "slash" <slash@ms32.url.com.tw> wrote in message news:f42679b5.0410132351.3f86a6b0@posting.google.com... > I'm now learning MFC, and I'm curious if MFC is on the way out since > the appearing o .NET framework ?! > > slash slash wrote: > I'm now learning MFC, and I...

Handling renamed classes in MFC serialization
I would like to share some findings I made today. With the VERSIONABLE_SCHEMA facility it is possible to change object layout during the life of a product. You are still able to load old files stored using MFC's serialization mechanism when you prepare your Serialize member function accordingly. However, it is not easily possible to change the class name since the class name is stored in each archive. When opening old archives the old class name is not known to the new version of the application any more and the archive is not read in. You are locked to the old class names forever...

Sort by state AND time zone?!
Calling all creative Excel users! I have client phone numbers in an Excel report, and want to somehow link the phone number to its time zone--and then sort the report by time zones! The purpose is to be able to assign outbound calls to staff at different times of the day, depending on time zone we are reaching I'm possibly an advanced beginner in the user of Excel, so don't be afraid to be VERY detailed in your suggestion for a formula! I don't know how to use pivot tables, by the way.. Many thanks Kay Provided you can find a list of area codes/time zones, you could use ano...

Using C# dll as COM in an MFC application
Hello, I have written a C# dll in VS2005. One interface and class are exported using Interop Services. I want to use this c# dll in my MFC application, using VS2003. It compiles after I imported the dll to my MFC app. On runtime I get class not registered HR error in my MFC project. I use the code as follow: _NewActivationPtr myActivation = NULL; HRESULT hr = myActivation.CreateInstance(__uuidof(NewSupernaActivation)); I don't what to do. Do I have to use GACUtil to register? If I want to use GACUtil do I have to sign my project? Trying do it had failed, because my third party librar...

Count records b/w time range
I have a sheet which has data with date & time fields like this 19/10/2005 10:10 19/10/2005 11:30 19/10/2005 12:12 19/10/2005 12:15 19/10/2005 10:12 How do I make a formula to pull out count between each half hour slot? like: 10:00 - 10:30 =2 10:30 - 11:00 =0 11:00 - 11:30 =1 11:30 - 12:00 =0 12:00 - 12:30 =2 Please help. Cheers! Sunny =sumproduct(--(B1:B100>--"10:00:00"),--(B1:B100<=--"10:30:00")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <sunilkeswani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131569006.191782.216510@g44g200...

Is RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or RAID5? Options
Hi Our IT suppliers are telling us that hard disks are now so reliable, that RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or should we go for RAID5 ? All feedback gratefully appreciated. With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton, RAID 1 is at least equally reilable as RAID 5. Both configurations tolerate losing one disk. However, if you calculate statistically, chances are bigger that one drive will fail out of three (RAID 5) than one out of two (RAID 1). The same is statistically true that two drives will fai...