MFC 7.0 Breaks DDE

Ahh, found where they are hiding MFC now.

It seems like the MFC that ships with VS .NET 2003 breaks DDE.  The OnDDEExecute command now omits the string copy of the parameter into a temporary buffer.  However, the temporary buffer is still passed to the application OnDDECommand method.  So, you always get a blank (or garbage) string

I can't believe I am the first to discover this.  Are there plans for a quick patch to this ?  Any advice on handling this, I hate to overrride OnDDEExecute.  Thanks in advance

Brian Corcoran
0
anonymous (74722)
1/16/2004 9:46:20 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Brian,

    Apparently, you are not the first one to discover this bug.  Google
Groups (http://groups.google.com) is your friend.  I did a search for
"OnDDEExecute Visual Studio .NET" and got tons of threads.  Your answer lies
in there.

"Brian Corcoran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ahh, found where they are hiding MFC now.
>
> It seems like the MFC that ships with VS .NET 2003 breaks DDE.  The
OnDDEExecute command now omits the string copy of the parameter into a
temporary buffer.  However, the temporary buffer is still passed to the
application OnDDECommand method.  So, you always get a blank (or garbage)
string.

> I can't believe I am the first to discover this.  Are there plans for a
quick patch to this ?  Any advice on handling this, I hate to overrride
OnDDEExecute.  Thanks in advance.

> Brian Corcoran

0
trevor8021 (184)
1/16/2004 10:27:23 PM
Brian Corcoran wrote:

>Ahh, found where they are hiding MFC now.
>
>It seems like the MFC that ships with VS .NET 2003 breaks DDE.  The OnDDEExecute command now omits the string copy of the parameter into a temporary buffer.  However, the temporary buffer is still passed to the application OnDDECommand method.  So, you always get a blank (or garbage) string.
>
>I can't believe I am the first to discover this.  Are there plans for a quick patch to this ?  Any advice on handling this, I hate to overrride OnDDEExecute.  Thanks in advance.

Known problem. The solution I've seen recommended is to handle
WM_DDE_EXECUTE in your main frame window, copy the code from the MFC source,
and add the missing line. See this message for more:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=yRPGhsEPDHA.2688%40cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl

--
Doug Harrison
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

Mass Deletion in CRM 3.0
Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? Thanks in advance, not from CRM but if you are very good in sql server and if you can understand the CRM database very well you can easily do it from SQL server -- vilas "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? > > Thanks in advance, As far as I know, the only way to do that is the SDK! Markus (from Germany) Thanks - I did some additional searching and I saw a posting that said you 'can' set the DeletionStateCode = 2 for records in the SQL database and the ...

problem opening Money 2005 after reinstall on Windows 7
After a recent computer crash, I had to reformat my hard drive and install windows 7. I still have my original Money 2005 install file, and was able to reinstall the program just fine. The problem is that it won't open the money file I've been using. It asks for my password for .NET passport, and when I input the same password I've ALWAYS used, it says that it is incorrect. When I click "forgot password", I am able to sign-in to my Windows Live account and successfully change the password, but it still won't let me sign in to the money file. If I try to si...

EXCEL Macro #7
I am trying to write a Macro where the cursor goes to a specific cell and then the FIND dialog box will appear. When I try to write the macro and press CTRL F then the computer is locked until I close the box. I assume I have to write FIND or CTRL F in code, anyone know how? Thanks George Lawshe George@Lawshe.com why not simply use. BTW, why do you want to SELECT? Sub gotoandfind() ans = InputBox("what to find") MsgBox Range("a2:a20").Find(ans).Address Range("a4").Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "George Lawshe" <...

MS-Access 2007 breaks MFC DAO ActiveX
I am using an MFC AxtiveX control in conjunction with an MS-Access application, which has worked for many years with MS-Access2000, XP and 2003. I am now evaluating Access 2007, and I find that I get an error when I try to Update() a CDaoRecordset. The error is "Item not found in this collection". The MFC is developed with VC++ under VS6. All help is appreciated! Rob M ...

MS Exchange System Attendant failed to start... %%/0, eventID 7001
Folks, please help if you can. This is for Exchange 2000 with Svc pack 3. We are getting the following error in the event log: "The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service which failed to start because of the following error: %%0". This has an Event ID of 7001. We are not running SBS and Exchange is not on a domain controller/global catalog server. We don't want to reinstall Exchange for fear of losing info. The only way we can get the System Attendant to run is if we run it under a Domain Account. It w...

ActiveX in MFC With VS.NET and VB6
I have develop an ActiveX in VS.NET2003 using MFC but the UI don't appeare if i use this ActiveX in VB6, instead if i use the ActiveX in VC++6 work fine. Which flag i need to enable/disable when the wizard of VS.NET 2003 have finish to produce the standard code? Thans a lot. ...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Unread Messages #7
Every year, my outlook goes nuts and all my folders in my favorites folders disappear and are replaced with archived files. I have to reorganize it. I have done so again but I used to have a file for unread messages but I can't find it. I thought it might be in the search folders in the "all mail folders" but it's not there. This is a really handy folder that I use often. Can someone tell me how to relocate it? Thanks. File-> New-> Search Folder -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ ...

mfc!!!????!!!
E' vero che microsoft intende non sviluppare pi� per i compilatori (vecchi) e supportare solo la nuova tecnologia .NET???? ???????? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ernix" <ernesto_zema@sifree.it> wrote in message news:ss6sc05ldg73bddqflp326f9lfibdn5h39@4ax.com... > E' vero che microsoft intende non sviluppare pi� per i compilatori > (vecchi) e supportare solo la nuova tecnologia .NET???? > In article <ss6sc05ldg73bddqflp326f9lfibdn5h39@4ax.com>, ernesto_zema@sifree.it says... > E' vero che microsoft intende non sviluppare p...

1099 alignment in GP 10.0
Hello: Is anyone out there in "GP 10.0 Land" having issues with the alignment being off when printing 1099s? One of our many clients that upgraded to GP 10.0 said that his 1099 Misc form (the canned and not modified version) was way off when printing. So, we had to modify it. I do not know the make and model of his printer. But, is it a printer driver issue? He complains that this did not happen before the upgrade. Yet, he is the only upgraded client that has complained about this. childofthe1980s I'll chime in just to say I have not had any problems. ...

GP Client install on Ver 10.0 SP1
Is there a set of instruction for installing the above client? There's an installation guide that comes with GP. There's also a hotfix installation guide that you can download with SP1. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JPaige" wrote: > Is there a set of instruction for installing the above client? ...

show <0.01%?
Excel 2002 I have a user that is showing percentages...and if the percent is .00005%, and we're only showing 2 decimal points, he wants it to say <0.01%, instead of 0.0%. Is there an easy way to have Excel show this? Or is this a manual edit we need to do? Thanks! This formula should do the trick: =IF(A4<0.0001,"<0.01%",A4) Doreen if you onlly want to view the result, you could try a formula such as: =IF(A1<0.01%,"<0.01%", A1) But this might not work if you want to be able to add the results Regards Trevor "Doreen" <doreo715@...

Propagate footers across Section Breaks?
We have long documents with many section breaks to divide chapters and their numbering. When the footer citing the project number for the whole document changes, is there a way to change the footer in each section without having to search/replace or copy/paste? That70sHeidi wrote: > We have long documents with many section breaks to divide chapters > and their numbering. When the footer citing the project number for > the whole document changes, is there a way to change the footer in > each section without having to search/replace or copy/paste? Is there anything els...

MFC, Multiple Dialogs, List boxes And Other Stuff
Hi =) I am fairly new to MFC and Visual C++ (2005 Edition, Standard), I have mainly worked on game programming and done nothing with GUI and interface settings. A recent project has got me started and I am having some problems that I am not really sure how to solve. Any help would be grateful =) I am able to create a default dialog window, add controls, talk to it etc. My problems tend to stem more when it comes to adding multiple dialogs to the project. For example, say I want to have 5 or 6 different windows that open up at various points depending on which buttons have been clicked, such ...

Line break in custom date format?
I want to display the date like this: Ddddd, MM/DD/YY For example 'Monday, 12/08/2009'. However, I want a line break after the comma so that the spelled-out day and date are on different lines in the same cell. It's harder than it sounds. In the cell, the value is '12/08/2009'. But the format makes it display as Monday, 12/08/2009. I can't just put an alt+enter in the middle of the date value, as that value would no longer make sense. Is there a code I can put in a custom format that will allow me to insert a line break? Thanks, Much. You...

256 Character Limit on Edit Box Control/ODBC MFC App
Hi I’m developing a SDI project that allows a user to edit text in a MSSQL7 database table. This is achieved via ODBC through an edit box control. I'm using Visual C++ 6 on Windows 2000 Server, but will shortly be carrying on the project on NT4 workstatio The data type on the db field is varchar (2000) and the VC++ member variable type for the edit control is CString value with validation - again 2000 characters However I've found that whenever over 256 characters are entered an error is returned i.e: 'Please enter no more than 256 characters. Using the debugger I've tra...

Kensington PocketHUB Mini USB 2.0 - Hub - 4 ports
List Price:$21.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000VMWG9U Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000VMWG9U The Kensington PocketHUB Mini USB 2.0 is the fastest way to turn one port into four. When you're traveling, your business doesn't stop. Now you can plug in and get four ports to do just about everything - scan, print, use your favorite mouse. Small, compact and lightweight, this is the smartest move you can make. Plug and play that's ready to go anytime, anywhere. ...

URGENT= CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade failed
i posted this already today but posting again. It is URGENT to have an answer on this issue. there is no clear answer on groups other than people contacted Microsoft support on it. Please help on this issue. =============================================== I am tring to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 1.3. i uninstalled 1.2 and started a new installation of CRM 3.0 with 1.2 database. every thing is just on one box. Last time i just did this on a test box and it went well but this time it is failing with message Database export failed. There is no clear answer on google groups against this issue. If any one ...

GP 9.0 security on "Reports/Report list"
I cannot seem to find where to umark the security for the "Report list" under the Reports menu (in say the Sales or the Inventory menu). Also, where is the security, under reports, for "Service Call Management", "Contract Administration"..."Depot Management" Thanks On Jan 31, 3:37 pm, Glen <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot seem to find where to umark the security for the "Report list" under > the Reports menu (in say the Sales or the Inventory menu). > > Also, where is the security, under reports, for &qu...

Small business vs professional v3.0
Hi there, MS states other than the server environment and user scalability, there is no difference between these 2 editions in either functionality of the app, workflows or integration e.g. sharepoint; MS content management server. Can anyone tell me if small business edition is limited in comparison to profesional in any other ways? In fact, the Small Business Edition has a few features in addition to those that the Professional Edition has. SBE is able to take advantage of Small Business Server's fax services and SBE also adds a management snap-in in the SBS Server Management ...

Works 6.0 is there a workbook function?
I had Windows ME and the version of excel that came with that had the workbook function and I loved it. But I bought a new computer that has XP and microsoft works 6.0 and I can't find a workbook function. Lapita I am not familiar with a WORKBOOK Function -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS lapita wrote: > I had Windows ME and the version of excel that came with > that had the workbook function and I loved it. But I > bought a new computer that has XP and microsoft works 6.0 > and I can't find a ...

Pinpad with integrated card swite for 2.0
Does anybody know if version 2.0 finally supports an intergrated card swipe/pinpad? And if it does any specific vendor/model number? Microsoft tested v2.0 with the Ingenico 6550 "Gerd" <gerd@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uYg4w%23APHHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know if version 2.0 finally supports an intergrated card > swipe/pinpad? And if it does any specific vendor/model number? > ...

RMS 2.0 & Quickbooks pro 2010 Mapping
I am tring to update quick books with sales infromation from RMS to get a more accurat P&L from quickbooks with all exspences not just gross profit how can I map daily sales to go to Quick books from RMS I Pleas drop an email to discuss. MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "AL" wrote: > I am tring to update quick books with sales infromation from RMS to get a > more accurat P&L from quickbooks with all exspences not just gross profit how > can I map daily sales to go to Quick books from RMS I my email is alqzo@msn.com "manick" wrote: >...

Migrating from CRM 3.0 beta to CRM 3.0 Release
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C6057F.37136040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have not see a utility to migrate from beta to release. I'm currently = working on a dtsx package. Has anyone created one yet or done a = migration? Pete Orologas Neudesic=20 --=20 PETE OROLOGAS ------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C6057F.37136040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tra...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6.0
When closing Outlook Express 6.0 I got a window stating "OE could free up disk space by compacting messages" I mistakenly clicked OK now the mails in my inbox have been deleted.Is there any way I can retrieve these mails ? On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 02:35:00 -0800, Millenium <Millenium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When closing Outlook Express 6.0 I got a window stating "OE could free up >disk space by compacting messages" I mistakenly clicked OK now the mails in >my inbox have been deleted.Is there any way I can retrieve these mails ? Please repost your ...