MFC #4

How to work in MFC without using Wizard

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

after 4.0 upgrade emails are no longer being associated with cases
We have a workflow rule that automatically fires whenever a new case is created to send an email with the case number, owner, etc. to the customer. When we were running MSCRM 3.0, the automated email would be automatically associated with the case. That is, the Emails regarding field would automatically be filled in with the associated case. After a recent upgrade to 4.0, the workflow rules still fire and emails still get automatically created when a case is created, but the regarding field is blank. Our support reps now have to go into the Contact record, find the automated email, a...

Excel Spreadsheet #4
How do i change a spreadsheet to an A3 size? It's in the printer settings -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "teletubby" <teletubby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0366922A-B1C3-48B4-843F-EF649F76E7F0@microsoft.com... > How do i change a spreadsheet to an A3 size? ...

Excel #4
I wish to type a series of numbers in a column, such as invoice numbers example: 3-1900, 3-1901 etc. However, whenver I do this, I get the date Mar-00. Any advice? Format the cells as text before entering the invoice number. Janet wrote: > > I wish to type a series of numbers in a column, such as > invoice numbers example: 3-1900, 3-1901 etc. However, > whenver I do this, I get the date Mar-00. Any advice? You can try either formatting the cells as text before you enter your data, or preceed your data with an apostrophe (as in '3-1900). Ed "Janet" <e...

duplicate messages #4
when a user emails a distribution list that the user is a member of, he/she receives the email. is there a way to prevent sending the user the email when he/she sends it to a distribution list that he/she is a member of? Hi I would request you to use RULE option under TOOLS tab menu in Microsoft Outlook. For more information you can get in touch with me at arorarahul2000@hotmail.com "noone" wrote: > when a user emails a distribution list that the user is a member of, he/she > receives the email. > > is there a way to prevent sending the user the email when...

Duplicate detection #4
Hi, I've created a duplicate detection rule with to criteria : Exact last name And first 20 Character of Company name I thought it would be a AND, so the rule will detect only the Lead that has both criteria but it seems to be a OR. How can I change it to make what I want to do? Thanks, Hi, the only way to do this is create another duplication rule for the second condition... Everything in one rule == AND different rules == OR "Val" wrote: > Hi, > > I've created a duplicate detection rule with to criteria : > Exact last name > And first 20 Character ...

Listbox scrollbar disappears
I have a program that periodically sets the contents of a listbox. After the program runs for some time, the vertical scrollbar is no longer painted (but otherwise still works). I wrote a small dialog based MFC application that reproduces the problem. The dialog contains a list box control and a button control. Selecting the button control fills the list box with 10 items 10000 times. Here is the button code that reproduces the problem for me: void ClbtestDlg::OnBnClickedButton1() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here for (int idx1=0; idx1<10000; idx1...

Hyperlinks in Excel #4
Using Excel 2000 is there a way to remove hyperlinks such that the background formatting is not also removed? I have a user who needs to remove hyperlinks from e-mail addresses, in a list, and when she does, all the formatting (font, borders, shading, etc.) is also removed. - Thanks. -- LPS I'm assuming that the user is running a macro that looks essentially like this: Selection.hyperlinks.delete If you really wanted, you could find out all the formatting for each of those cells, remove the hyperlink and then reapply the formatting. Myself? I'd just reapply the formatting tha...

AfxBeginThread failure
In an MFC pgm under VS2005sp1, I am creating a worker thread using AfxBeginThread. Under certain circumstances which I can't quite pin down, AfxBeginThread returns NULL, indicating it has failed. Is there any way I can find out the cause of the failure, such as an error code? I have tried tracing through the code with the debugger, but what is apparently detecting the error condition is in MS code for which I don't have the source. My specific code is CWinThread* pThread=AfxBeginThread(MyControlFunction,&ti,0/*priority*/, 230000000/*stack size*/); and a test for pThread==NULL im...

Outlook shuts down #4
Hi I have Outlook 2003 under XP with Hauri anti virus all updated. I have several spam msgs in the inbox and if I highlight them to delet or move the pgm shuts off immediately every time. Any clues? Thanks ...Lyl ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

CRM 4.0 MSDN
I noticed that 4.0 has been posted on MSDN but has anyone found where to access the install codes? On Jan 15, 5:39=A0pm, dmn8 <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I noticed that 4.0 has been posted on MSDN but has anyone found where to > access the install codes? You can download CRM 4.0 here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?DisplayLang=3Den&nr=3D20&fre= etext=3DCRM&sortCriteria=3Ddate If you mean the license keys, then they haven't been released yet :( -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za "dmn8" wrote: > I noticed that...

Formula?
Hi, I have my data set up the following way - the columns refer to th month and the rows are the different projects I'm tracking. Projec "A" has data in months Jan-Oct (10 values), while Project "B" has dat in months Jan, March, July, August & Sept (5 values)-the missing month are blank. Is there a way get the average of the last 4 values fo each project? Maybe using a count function? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your values are in A1:J1 use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) =AVERAGE(OFFSET(J1,0,0,1,-...

WinForms vs MFC
I have been trying to update my ability to program in a windows environment. AFAIK, I am completely unknown to MS. As I tried to register VC2005 express, they wanted me to have a passport. I think they mean something other than the little blue one in my closet. In addition to not knowing how to acquire a windows passport, I'm also told that WinForms is increasing in influence. Is that the opinion around here? cheer, bfx > I think they mean something > other than the little blue one in my closet. Hopefully. > In addition to not knowing how to acquire a windows pass...

shared calendars #4
Is there anyway to share a calendar and block out the Personal items? Thanks! Sounds like you're asking if you can share *part* of your Calendar, but not all of it. Unless there is a 3rd Party program, or a Script that would allow this, I don't think it is possible. Give http://www.experts-exchange.com/ a look over. The http://www.theofficeexperts.com/outlook.htm might be able to help too. If the personal items are a question of your integrity, then just get rid of them. GL RW <param@community.nospam> wrote in message news:OW6drXHIGHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Excel Charts #4
I have switched on the tracking option from Tools menu. Tracking is perfect but I am not able to make charts in this condition as becuuse the chart option icon is deactivated. I need both the options simultanously. Pl. advice. Hi, When you switch the tracking on it makes the workbook shared. Shared workbooks have restrictions. One begin chartwizard. XL: Commands and Features Unavailable in Shared Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=130560 I'm not aware of any work arounds :( Cheers Andy R Kartik wrote: > I have switched on the tracking option from Tools men...

Printing postcards in Publisher #4
Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders. What's the question? -- Don Vancouver, USA "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E97C14-3115-4397-B389-C34CA7B68864@microsoft.com... > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". ...

Testing #4
Can ...

Help #4
Hello all I moved mailboxes from Exchange2000 to 2003 yesterday, eversince when you check email in outlook it gots an error like: Cant find the object, but still gets your e-mails. In Exchange the error is ID no: c1050000 Exchange System Manager Source MSExchangeSA Category MAPI Session ID 9175 The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error... The pop3 service is broken down and I don't know what to do, it's been a long night. Help please Don't use POP3 when your on a MS network. Connect to the Exchange server with Exchange connector. Re-established the s...

Problems inserting into attached MDF from MFC
Using Visual Studio 2008, MFC, C++, I am doing the following: CDatabase db; db.OpenEx(_T("Driver=SQL Server; Server=SUEDE\\SQLEXPRESS; Integrated Security=true; AttachDbFilename=C:\\Temp\\DesignList.mdf;"), CDatabase::noOdbcDialog); CDesignData rs(&db); rs.Open(); BOOL bUpdatable = rs.CanUpdate(); BOOL bAppendable = rs.CanAppend(); rs.AddNew(); rs.m_nDesignId = 5; rs.m_sDesignName = _T("Hello"); rs.Update(); However, during the call to CRecordset::Open(), the record set is going into read-only mode. The following is output in the debugger win...

Budget Question #4
In Money 2003 - if I budget an amount and do not use it up, does the excess go over to the next month. For example - if I budget $10 a month for eating out and only use $5 in January, will the budget then show that I have $15 in February to spend? Thanks. ...

performance issues when enabling tracking in crm 4.0
The last few days when people have sent larger emails (over 500 people) and used tracking in that email, the SQL server has a lot of locks and pegs the processors at 100%. When the emails are sent and then later set to be tracked I dont have those issues. Am I missing a setting or a way to throttle back the connections? Any ideas? ...

How to re-create an MFC app
Hello I am using Visual C++ v6 and have an MFC sample but without the dsw/dsp files. So I have the .rc file etc. What is the easiest make to re-create the project. I think it was created in an earlier version of Visual C++. There is a makefile but if I run nmake - it doesn't create any project files. Angus In VC6, you should be able to open the make file in IDE. File::Open Workspace should do it. Once you open it, see if you can save it as ..dsp or it may prompt you to create it when you open it. --- Ajay to recreate the project open MFC and create new WIN32 empty project, F...

Click Excel custom menu item via MFC automation
Hi, I have a question regarding custom Excel 2003 menu item click via MFC automation. The VBA version of the action I want to do is pretty straightforward: Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("NumeriX").Controls("Object Tools").Controls("Delete All Objects").Execute Now I need to translate the above line to C++ code. I already have the automation classes for CCommandBars, CCommandBar0, CCommandBarControls, CCommandBarControl classes generated by VS.NET 2003 class wizard. The interesting thing is that the get_Item() method of CCommandBarControl...

VLOOKUP #4
Hi, I need some help with a Vlookup that im trying to make for a list of "table array" names that i have in another column. The function needs to search the name of the table to work properly but it can not recognize the table name as a text or function constant...Im doing this to avoid writting function by function the name that each one needs.... Column A Column B 1 =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;TBL_one;2;"FALSE") TBL_one 2 =VLOOKUP(Day+E9;TBL_two;2;"FALSE") TBL_two ...

No MFC classes in Class Wizard
I'm adding some MFC code to a console app project that didn't have it before. I created an empty MFC console project and migrated its skeleton around my original app, including the headers in StdAfx.h, the WinApp and _tmain in the main source file, and the project settings in the dsp file. Everything compiles fine. The problem is that when I select New Class in the IDE, I don't get MFC classes as an option. What is the IDE looking for that allows it to give me an MFC class list? Is there a magic binary file that does that? Among other things like different dependencies, dif...

Combo Box #4
Hi, In my userform, i have Firstname: <DropdownList> Question: 1. If I want the value of DropDownList to be read from code, how can I do it via code by hardcoding the entries in combobox_change() function ? Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() .... End Sub 2. If I want the value of DropDownList to be read from Column A1:A10 (note there are redundant value, how to avoid ?) Example: A1: Johnson A2: Stephen A3: Michael A4: Daryl A5: Michael A6: Johnson A7: Rebecca A8: Johnson A9: Sally A10: Sally So the drop down list will act...