Message to signal the event you have switch to another program ====

Hi, I want to be to capture the event that the user has either switch
to another program, or the current program has "lost focused" either
because the user has mouse clicked outside the current program or has
minimized it. How should I do this? Is there a windows message for this?

0
ratcharit (24)
2/15/2006 10:04:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What type of application, dialog or doc/view?

take a look at WM_ACTIVATEAPP notification, wparam = FALSE means deactivated

AliR.

<ratcharit@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Message to signal the event you have switch to another program ====
>
> Hi, I want to be to capture the event that the user has either switch
> to another program, or the current program has "lost focused" either
> because the user has mouse clicked outside the current program or has
> minimized it. How should I do this? Is there a windows message for this?

0
AliR3470 (3236)

outgoing messages
I have DSL service w/ SBC here in Reno but continue to use my former ISP as my mail provider. Saturday morning, I downloaded the most recent "updates" w/ IE and have since been unable to SEND messages from my outlook acct. I still am able to RECEIVE messages. Outlook continues to try to send and I receive message #0800ccc0d. Suggestions, help, condolences? Change your SMTP server to the SBC one....your old ISP is blocking 'unauthorized SMTP relay" through their servers, which is a Good Thing (antispam method). Or, if you really want to keep the existing server, ca...

Embedded email addresses in forwarded message?

Exchange POP3 Message Retrieval WOES..........
Is there any possible way to decrease the amount of time for Exchange to go out and check a mail server in the POP3 settings? It will not go any lower than 15 minutes before Exchange will even attempt to go out and look for mail. For people that live and die by e-mail everyday, you would think that you could set it down to every minute if we so choose. Why limit it to only 15 minutes. Is there a VB script that will run that process faster or tell Exchange to go check for mail now versus having it wait 15 min? BTW, this is with SBS 2003 Standard Edition Please help, this is a major ...

Hyperlinks in messages get "expanded"
I sometimes mention a web address or email address in the messages I send. For example, I may say "please look at www.microsoft.com " When I compose the message, such a reference becomes underlined and clickable and it still appears like that when the message is sent (in Sent Items.) However, when the recipient of such a message replies with my original message quoted, I will sometimes (but not always) see that these "clickable" references in my original have changed this way: please look at www.microsoft.com <http://www.microsoft.com > The mysterio...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #3
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ You can just type = and then click the cell if you want to be duplicate. "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

Events From Multiple Calendars in Personal Folders
In my Outlook 2007, I have my regular calendar, and I have a "sub-calendar" for all my church-related activities. In "Personal Folders - Outlook Today" in the Folder List, where it summarizes calendar, tasks, and messages, mine only seems to list events from the main calendar. Is there any way to make it show events from both calendars? Thanks in advance, Candy no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol20...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

manual Control Messages in MFC
I m sure someone done this before my CFormView derived class has a few checkboxes. I want to force the message handlers of all the checkboxes to be called when I change (check/uncheck) one of them. I dont want to use the group thing. my code is like this CMyFormView::OnCheck1() { m_bStatusCode = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_COMPILE_CODE )))->GetCheck() ? TRUE : FALSE; m_MyGUI = COMPILE_CODE; /* needs to send the notify the parent to execute the other message handlers*/ } CMyFormView::OnCheck2() { m_bStatusAssets = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_BUILD_ASSETS )))->GetCh...

displaying messages in the Status bar with the Status command
Every night I run a VBA procedure that executes a series of action queries to import data from another database into the back end file of an Access 2003 database. While VBA is running the queries, I'm using using the command Status ("text message") to display messages to inform the administrator of the progress of the queries. However, I find that those Status messages are competing for space with the built in "Running Query _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _" progress bar that Acces displays. And my Status messages are only visible when the "Running Query" prog...

HttpEndRequest and messages handling
Hi all, it's the first time I post on this newsgroup, I hope you could give me a hand :) I'm developing an MFC application using VC++ 6.0, and I'm using WinInet functions to post a file to a remote host. The problem is that while the post is in progress, my applications freezes until the post is finished, and I'm not able to do anything on the window, like showing status messages or pressing any button...is there any way to enable the message handling while in this condition? Actually I'm using code found here: http://www.codeproject.com/internet/simplehttpclient.a...

Rejecting messages
Hi everyone. First time poster here. I'm running Exchange server 2003 and it's rejecting an incoming email because the sender has an apostrophe in his address, i.e. joe.o'conner@somewhere.com I've searched the KB and turned up absolutely nothing. Anyone seen this and know the solution? Thanks "Tony Brown" <tonybrown@vascularsolutions.com> wrote: >I'm running Exchange server 2003 and it's rejecting an >incoming email because the sender has an apostrophe in his >address, i.e. joe.o'conner@somewhere.com I doubt that it's Exch...

Excel cannot open email program.
I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as text in the body of an e-mail. I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas. On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the e-mail program" if I try the first option above. Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine. I "repaired" office just to be sure. Still doesn't work. Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 2003 which I don...

Writing programs for the manipulation of data cells?
I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where can I find a list of Excel functions? On 18 Mar, 10:38, "Scott H" <nospam> wrote: > I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where > can I find a list of Excel functions? Have you tried the help? I would also highly recommend Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MainPage.aspx The great thing about Excel is there are so many high quality advice sites that are easily found. ...

message queue
Would like to have messages that are sent to a queue user (support) send an email to another user to notify us of new requests. Any help much appreciated. You cannot fire events on these queues. Basically you need to have someone monitor the queue and then assign based upon what comes in. At least this is the case in the standard tool. Of course you can build such a solution using the SDK or take a look at a 3rd party solution such as this http://www.c360.com/EmailToCase.aspx "Andrew Judge" <ajudge@grovenetworks_NOSPAM_.com> wrote in message news:OBE5fOaQEHA.904@TK2MSFTN...

Where are the ... Windows\Start Menu\Programs lists in Win7?
I have never liked the way Windows arranges the shortcuts in the Start Menu. For many years I have been setting up my own, which mirrors my work habits. I know there are multiple lists (at least two) and that I must coordinate them in order to have a clear presentation in Start | All Programs. I have found one of the lists, but there are still unruly entries which I cannot access. The list I have found is at: \Users\user\AppData\Roam\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Where is the other Programs list? I had no problem finding it in 95, 2000, XP, but I have searched every te...

Instant Messaging seperate server
Hi all, Has anyone installed Instant Messaging on a separate server from your corporate exchange server? I ran through the steps in the link below: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=44707 But I didn't enable the reversable encryption. Is this absolutely necessary? What are the ramifications of enabling this setting? Thanks, Pair Twisted Pair: I have installed IM and Conferencing on a separate server than our user server. It was around 4 years ago, but I do not recall having performed any steps out of the ordinary. What I would suggest, "in this da...

Shared Excel filed locked by another user.
A couple of our users have problem to take over "write" access to a shared Excel file. While other users are notified that the user holding "write" access has closed the file so they can start editing the file, these two people are still getting message that the file is locked by that previous user who already closed the file. I know detail view on Windows explorer to the folder can cause the issue but that is not the case for me either. I have closed all windows explorer from the previous user. I appreciate your help in advance. Jonathan Kim ...

How do I reference non-contiguous columns in another sheet and th.
I have a worksheet that contains several years of montlhy data on cost increases and decreases. I have another sheet w/ one column that summarizes the first quarter's data. How do I fill across on the second sheet so that the cells contain the correct data from the monthly sheet and the correct forlmulas from the first column on the quarterly sheet? This means the second sheet has to reference non-contiguous columns on the first sheet. This Thank you Bill Nash bill.nash@adelphia.net I understand the difficulty: since elements on the first sheet are not contiguous, creating out...

Email Messages disappearing
I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up to go to specific folders dependent on who sends it. Well, there are messages unread in certain folders it will have a number next to it. Well, I'll click on the folder and the number changes. Not one number but multiple. Like it says there are 5 messages in the folder unread, I'll click on it and then it says one and the other 4 messages are missing. I don't know what is causing this. Rachel rachel <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up t...

File Sharing Problems
Can anyone explain this error/information message to me? - "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" Options are to Save a Copy or Overwrite Changes. The file is not being shared with anyone else - it comes up whenever making general saves in Excel. -THANKS! Hi try deleting all files in your TEMP directory, reboot your computer and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kristi - Skills Group" <KristiSkillsGroup@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

An error message occured while using sa logon into GP7.5
Hi all, Error message: "An error occured granting rights for tables in the 'DBName' database; GPS Error: 58" Please help! Thanks Regards, Jim hey jim, have you installed any service packs? /timber\ On Oct 31, 2:40 pm, Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > Error message: > "An error occured granting rights for tables in the 'DBName' database; GPS > Error: 58" > > Please help! Thanks > > Regards, > > Jim Yes, I do. I had installed latest service packs "timber" wrote: > h...

Message killing SMTP service (long)
Anyone know why this message would bring down SMTP services on an fully updated and patched (including KB 827214) Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003? I removed this from my queue all is fine, put it back and SMTP service dies in just a few seconds. The only potential problems I saw, other than 673 recipients, were on lines 155, 245, 375, and 450. Thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Received: from MAIL.private.foobar.org ([xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]) by s002bsfl.diff-foobar.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:23:57 -0400 F...

Publisher as a message with Outlook 2000
I can only send Publisher files as Attachments with Outlook 2000. Can anyone tell me how I can send a Publisher file as a Message with Outlook 2000? How to share a Publisher file with a user who does not have Publisher installed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308031/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jellycat" <jellycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED8220A-5ABD-4A5F-A704-2E06A9451B6C@microsoft.com... >I can only send Publisher files as Attachments with Outlook 2000. Ca...

View messages blocked by SenderID
Hi. We had enabled SenderID on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server and everything works ok. Is it possible to view all messeges blocked by SenderID? Where? Thanx, R. Messages blocked by SenderID are not archived. You may be able to see some info logged in Application Event Log if you bump up diagnostics logging on Transport, but this wouldn't show you message content. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rokk" <rostfrei@volja.net> wrote in message news:%23DTOJ6cmG...