Menu type conversion

Hello fellow newsgroupies!

Is it possible to convert a child / sub / drop-down menu into a normal
horizontal window main menu (ie like the ones which have File, Edit
View, Window, Help etc)?

The reason for this is that I want to select the main menu of a window
from one of the child / sub / drop-down windows of a main menu
depending upon which options are required etc.

At the moment I am having to create the new menu by laboriously
duplicating each menu item of the selected sub menu. I deally I would
just like to select the sub menu, remove it from the original menu and
use it as a main horizontal window menu.

If I simply do this now with no modification then the menu appears at
the top of the window as a vertical sub menu.

Many thanks in advance,

'Newsgroupie'
England
0
buzbymb (44)
7/8/2008 8:34:59 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This can be done easily programmatically. I am clear if you are talking
about doing this in designer or in your application at run time.

--
Ajay

"Newsgroupie" <buzbymb@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello fellow newsgroupies!
>
> Is it possible to convert a child / sub / drop-down menu into a normal
> horizontal window main menu (ie like the ones which have File, Edit
> View, Window, Help etc)?
>
> The reason for this is that I want to select the main menu of a window
> from one of the child / sub / drop-down windows of a main menu
> depending upon which options are required etc.
>
> At the moment I am having to create the new menu by laboriously
> duplicating each menu item of the selected sub menu. I deally I would
> just like to select the sub menu, remove it from the original menu and
> use it as a main horizontal window menu.
>
> If I simply do this now with no modification then the menu appears at
> the top of the window as a vertical sub menu.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> 'Newsgroupie'
> England

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/8/2008 8:45:33 PM
Well, the basic menu type is different, and I'm not sure you can change it, but
"laboriously" is a bit of a strange statement because it is a trivial loop.
				joe

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:34:59 -0700 (PDT), Newsgroupie <buzbymb@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Hello fellow newsgroupies!
>
>Is it possible to convert a child / sub / drop-down menu into a normal
>horizontal window main menu (ie like the ones which have File, Edit
>View, Window, Help etc)?
>
>The reason for this is that I want to select the main menu of a window
>from one of the child / sub / drop-down windows of a main menu
>depending upon which options are required etc.
>
>At the moment I am having to create the new menu by laboriously
>duplicating each menu item of the selected sub menu. I deally I would
>just like to select the sub menu, remove it from the original menu and
>use it as a main horizontal window menu.
>
>If I simply do this now with no modification then the menu appears at
>the top of the window as a vertical sub menu.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>'Newsgroupie'
>England
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
7/8/2008 10:34:40 PM
I really want to do this anytime at runtime.

And as far as my vocabulary is concerned I use 'labouriously' and
'unneccessary' interchangably!

;-)

Thanks once again!

'Newsgroupie'
England
0
buzbymb (44)
7/9/2008 11:01:16 AM
Unfortunately, I know of no way to convert a popup to a regular menu or vice-versa, short
of the copy-loop just described.
				joe

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 04:01:16 -0700 (PDT), Newsgroupie <buzbymb@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I really want to do this anytime at runtime.
>
>And as far as my vocabulary is concerned I use 'labouriously' and
>'unneccessary' interchangably!
>
>;-)
>
>Thanks once again!
>
>'Newsgroupie'
>England
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
7/9/2008 1:41:20 PM
Looping thru menu items and creating a new menu/menu items is not bad. There
may  be some helper class which does this for you, but I wouldnt worry about
it.

--

>I really want to do this anytime at runtime.
>
> And as far as my vocabulary is concerned I use 'labouriously' and
> 'unneccessary' interchangably!
>
> ;-)
>
> Thanks once again!
>
> 'Newsgroupie'
> England

0
ajaykalra (6842)

CRM IE Client Menu tool bar crashes IE
Hello, I am having the following issue when trying to use the menu toolbar from IE. Any ideas on how to resolve this? The menu toolbar of the CRM IE Client crashes IE when a Menu is Click but no Option is selected and the user clicks outside the Dropdown Menu area. The problem can be replicated from any computer. CRM works ok from the outlook client or when not using the menu toolbar Hi Try to install the newest Updates and Hotfixes for the IE. regards Michel "Ignacio" <iga@newsgroup.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eglA3GpBHHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >...

How do I restore my menu and tool bars in Excell?
The top line menu bars and the tool bars have disappeared from the program. I do not want to remove and reinstall as I will lose valuble info. How do I restore these tool bars? Can you right click on any menu bar space? If so then select Customize and either select the standard, formatting and worksheet menubars If you can't, insert the CD and when it has got past it's first few screens select repair installation. re-installing in any case will do nothing to your files. They will all still be there after any repair/re-installation. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel So...

My right click menu is not working.
I used to be able to right click with my mouse and get a menu that would allow me to copy, paste etc... I have lost that ability... How do I get it back... I know it is something simple... Try typing this in the VBE immediate window application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled=true -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Right click mouse in excel to copy" <Right click mouse in excel to copy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F811C55-FD84-4747-9E9F-469D62C4E07A@microsoft.com... > I used to be able to right click wit...

How to run an access project which start from the main menu
I want my main menu screen to run first, but without any Access windows displaying in the background. Only the main menu and then it to perform what i request to do. How to make the main menu screen come first without any forms behind, not even Acess db window? Diyana, I never claim to be an Access expert, but the folks in this group have been a great help. This should be an easy fix. I have my database setup like this. On the menu bar when your database is open, select "Tools", "Startup". When the window opens, on the top right, there is a combo box "Display ...

Join types
Can anyone recommend a website that explains how the different join types work in Access 2003? Sandy Sandy wrote: > Can anyone recommend a website that explains how the different join > types work in Access 2003? > Sandy What more do you need than what you get in the query designer? If you double-click a join line in the query designer the dialog that lets you choose gives an explanation of each. Standard Join (no arrow heads on the line) Return all rows where there is a matching row in BOTH tables. Left / Right Join (arrow head pointing at one table) Return all rows from t...

conversion from number to taxt
I have prepare a report where total value is showing in number but want to show in word also. Please help me how can it be done See: Convert Currency ($500) into words (Five Hundred Dollars) at: http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "dipak" <dipak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD47044C-285A-4087-A909-A12082FE8DE5@microsoft.com... >I have prepare a report where to...

cell reflect an amount when "C" is typed in, then sum last cell
3/30/2009 1 2 3 4 5 - 31 row five service charge row six Mowing $45.00 [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] ---[ ] [$45.00] row eight This is basic what I have, I want to be able to select any of the days of the month in the aray and have that amount to show at the end when I select that date with an X. In row five the only thing that changes is the date...changes with the current date. In row eight the only thing I want to happen is to give a pre-set number at the end and if I select several more dates I need them to su...

Excel Menu problem after Scanner SW install
My Excel Menu has gained Acquire Text and Acquire Settings menus (under File) after installing some Canoscan software. The problems are:- 1) I can't get rid of them. Customising and removing only works in the session. Close and re-open XL and they're back. I can customise all others. I have looked for Templates etc and can't find any. 2) I click File and all I see are these 2! They mess up the menu usage info and its like all I ever use are these. I have deleted the recent usage file and this works for a while (until I restart?) but then they assert themselves again. ...

Programmatically generate xsd from a type
Hi, I would like to generate an xml schema based upon a class, just as you can do with xsd.exe (xsd.exe /type: typename /outputdir:c:\ assmeblyname). Is there a way to do this by code instead of using this tool? Thanks in advance. I was convinced I'd seen a reference to xsd using some internal classes to this (that is it is just a wrapper). But I could not find it anywhere in MSDN (does not mean it is not there!). But I found this. http://weblogs.asp.net/cazzu/archive/2003/10/24/33302.aspx XmlSchemaExporter seems to the key thing here, but I have no idea what to do with it. Ple...

Help. Sumproduct Data Type Mismatch Erro
All this code works perfectly except when I try to add specifically the field mEntityCriteria with mEntityRange. I cannot get it to calculate correct, and now I'm getting an Error 13 Data Type Mismatch of this line of code in mformula. Can anyone spot something wrong??? Please help. Private Sub VBATEST_Click() Dim mTimeCriteria As String Dim mPositionCriteria As String Dim mEntityCriteria As String Dim mStatusCriteria As String Dim mBeginDateCriteria As Variant Dim mEndDateCriteria As Variant Dim mQuestion1Criteria As String Dim Kountifs As Long Dim mTimeRange As...

How to ceate a navision style menu
Hi. I starting to build a new access application. I would like to create a Navision style menu, such as the Navison in the left side. I can I make a treeview menu and how do I make it to appear in left side? Do you know here is an example? Regards, Marco ...

End of Day type report?
Is there a report that can be run at the end of the day that shows the total from all registers? The Z report shows each register, but have been unable to find a report that shows the info from all registers. Thanks Try the Crystal Reports Register Analysis Report - Crystal Reports in on the Utilities menu. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Nick @ REAL" &l...

Runtime Type Determination
I have two subclass deriving from a common base class. The base class exposes two shared functions for serialization and deserialization in XML format and some other methods that are overrided by the derived classes. I want to be able to serialize and deserialize the derived classes through the methods in the base class, without explicitly passing the type of the object. I want to determine at runtime the type of the derived class calling the function and Serialize and deserialize based on that type. How do I achieve this? For example: The client will call ObjA.Serialize(), where objA is a d...

Money 2003 Missing Account Type
I am trying to set up a Universal Life insurance account that has a set interest rate with premiums paid. I don't see "life insurance" in the account types list box. Should I just use retirement? or Other? Seems like an oversite in program design. One would probably ask why you would even buy a universal life policy at all; however, that is another matter altogether. .. "alan" <info@clearvisionsoftware.com> wrote in message news:c8475$44257187$422ab9bd$25962@FUSE.NET... >I am trying to set up a Universal Life insurance account that has a set > intere...

Convert data of cells to any type: Number, Date&Time, Text
Please download and try it free from http://www.addintools.com. Cell Lens Of Data Type render and change the background color of cells according to their data type: Text to yellow, Number to blue, Date&Time to green ... Just cancel this Cell Lens, the background color will be restored. Converting Data Type could recognize these date format like 2004-12-31, 20041231 and will convert them to the locale format in your computer. It could convert data of cells to Text, Number or Date&Time type. The Cell Lens Of Locked&Unlocked render and change the background color of cells acc...

Need button or menu to load a file
I would like to create a button or menu item that would load a specific Excel file. How do I do this? Henry Try Insert|Hyperlink It may be the easiest way. Spiff wrote: > > I would like to create a button or menu item that would load a specific Excel > file. How do I do this? > > Henry -- Dave Peterson Dave, Thanks, that will work inside a document but I meant to say that I wanted to add a button to Excel's toolbar that would launch the file. You used to be able to do this with Office's shortcut bar, but that's gone now. Henry Falk "Dave Peter...

Custom Shortcut Menu Not Working For Datasheet Columns
Access 2007 I have a custom shortcut menu that I assigned to the Shortcut Menu Bar of the form object. When the form is displayed in datasheet mode the custom shortcut menu is shown when the user right clicks on a cell. It is not shown when the user right clicks on the heading of a column or selects an entire column and then right clicks anywhere in the column. Instead the standard shortcut menu is shown. How do I override the shortcut menu that is shown when you right click on a column heading in datasheet mode? Hi Stewart, Happy New Year! Sorry for delaying this response du...

Float Types Used as Primary Key on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a way to expanded it? Keep in mind, I can't change the type from float. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance >> =A0Every so often, we get duplicates. =A0How could that happen? =A0Is th= e value based on mantissa? =A0If so, is there a way to expa...

Missing type specifier DAO WorkspacePtr when creating COM class
Hi, I am using #import to create a COM class from a DLL that references the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.dll but when I try to compile the code, my executable will not build because of the missing storage class or type specifier WorkspacePtr (error C2501). I have been unable to find a header file that defines this type. Any suggestions? Thanks, Clive Clive Taylor wrote: > Hi, > > I am using #import to create a COM class from a DLL that references the > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.dll but when I try > to com...

Enabling an dynamic menu
Hi All, I have created a dynamic popup menu using data from a table in an SQLServer database and appended it to an exiting menu (the View menu) and everyting has worked fine. The problem is the menu items are all disabled, the popup works fine. How can I enable the menu items? TIA JohnTheOne I'm betting that they need OnUpdateUi handlers.. JD "The One" <TheOne@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:Xns9569825892867TheOnenowhere@207.46.248.16... > Hi All, > > I have created a dynamic popup menu using data from a table in an SQLServer > database and appended...

scan a document to edit or type text
need to be able to scan a document soi can type on without recreating it What does that mean? If you mean using a scanner it is more of a OCR question, all scanned documents are images, if you have a decent OCR program you can convert it to a text document usable in Excel. Otherwise if you want a document that you can reuse you save a file as template (*.xlt), that way you will always open a copy of that template -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "aln2222" <aln2222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45E3F5EC-0FCF-459B-A1CB-C5B7BF3D498F@...

Excel and creating a menu for regularly used files
In word, you can click Tools/Customize, click the commands tab, select Built in menu's and drag the command work up onto your menu bar. By clicking "Add to work menu" on the newly created work menu, you are able to open regularly used documents easily. I would like to do this in excel. Following all the same steps above, I get to the built in menu's - but (oh no!!!) there is no work command. Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can add this command? {:o{ See if this solution work for you: http://www.tek-tips.com/gpviewthread.cfm/qid/657504/pid/68/lev2/3/lev3/18 -- H...

bug with ie8 and ASP.NET menu
Hi The menu control of ASP.NET (VS 2005) that seems to work fine with all browsers doesn't seem to work with IE8. The sub menus are not visible. Any solution? Thank you ...

PDF Conversion
I am using Word 10 Beta. After saving a document as a PDF, about half of the hyperlinks do not work in the PDF. There is no apparent difference in the way the hyperlinks were created in Word (they work) and I've tried everything I can think of to correct the problem. Help! Any suggestions will be appreciated. I just discovered a work-around. By saving the .docx to .doc, I was able to save the file as a PDF and have all of the links work properly. Screwy but true. "Strictor" wrote: > I am using Word 10 Beta. After saving a document as a PDF, about half of t...

Work menu in Excel?
Why ain't the work menu available in Excel? It doesn't make much sense if you ask me! Anyhow, any ideas as to how to implement this functionality? Cheer Th What is the "work menu"? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Gryzor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F55548B-D5A1-433E-A68F-430D632D96C7@microsoft.com... > Why ain't the work menu available in Excel? It doesn't make much sense if you ask me! > > Anyhow, any ideas as to how to implement this ...